Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: BOW BUILD HELP PLZ
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:42 pm 
Banned User

ok i might make a chinese bow character. but i need help it. please don't go anywhere else about s/s or glaives or anything this is about bows.

well first of all i really like all int and nukers, because i want to be something that is really good in pve. i don't like pvp. and i want to lvl really fast. so if i become an all int bow should my build be 90 pacheon, 90 cold, 90 light, and 30 force? because i want to heal and res and do the circle thingy cuz i will be playing with my friend and trading. idk i think that is good. or 100 pacheon, 100 cold, 100 light? and should i wear protector or armor?

same thing with all str, IF i choose to make that. should my build be 90 pacheon, 90 fire, 90 light, and 30 force? or should i put cold into it? like 100 pacheon, 100 cold, 100 light? plz tell me which builds and armor for both of them since i havn't been able to deicide ofr a long time now.

The Right man in the wroong place, can make aaalll the differenccce, in the world.

Post subject: Re: BOW BUILD HELP PLZ
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:03 pm 
Common Member

You should definitely go for 100. If you want Force that bad then you can just take it and delevel it down the line when you are close to the mastery limit. Level 30 Force skills will hardly be useful when you're 90 anyway, unless your friend stays at Level 30-ish. If you really want Force skills then I suggest you go for pure STR 100 Pacheon, 100 Fire and 100 Force.

If you'll be trading frequently, there's a high chance that you'll have to PvP, whether you want to or not. My head hurt just now so that's all the help I can give. I'll try again next time. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:48 pm 
Forum God

Go with the 100 skills. 100pach/100cold/100 light or 100pach/100fire/100cold. The second one is better at surviving and nuking but it lacks speed. Which can easily be replaced if you have the cash by speed pots or for free by bards.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:39 pm 
Banned User

Tasdik wrote:
Go with the 100 skills. 100pach/100cold/100 light or 100pach/100fire/100cold. The second one is better at surviving and nuking but it lacks speed. Which can easily be replaced if you have the cash by speed pots or for free by bards.

ok i guess that sums it up for all str builds. but out of your own expierence if you had any all str bow chars, is it actually fun and quick to lvl? thats what i want to know.

but i want to be all int bow. so i should go 100 pacheon/cold/light? or 100 cold/light/force, or fire instead of force? plz explain these 2 questions

The Right man in the wroong place, can make aaalll the differenccce, in the world.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:45 pm 
Forum God

BobbZzz wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

ok i guess that sums it up for all str builds. but out of your own expierence if you had any all str bow chars, is it actually fun and quick to lvl? thats what i want to know.

but i want to be all int bow. so i should go 100 pacheon/cold/light? or 100 cold/light/force, or fire instead of force? plz explain these 2 questions

The builds I mentioned work for int bow builds as well.

I've never been a fan of force. I'd much rather have fire, light or ice instead. I'd take fire over force any day.

I've also never been a fan of bowers. I've made 3 str archers and never have gotten over level 23, got too boring for me :wink:

Oh and one of them was on a private server with 15x rates, but I got bored on that one cause no one was there to talk too :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:53 pm 
Banned User

Tasdik wrote:
BobbZzz wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

The builds I mentioned work for int bow builds as well.

I've never been a fan of force. I'd much rather have fire, light or ice instead. I'd take fire over force any day.

I've also never been a fan of bowers. I've made 3 str archers and never have gotten over level 23, got too boring for me :wink:

Oh and one of them was on a private server with 15x rates, but I got bored on that one cause no one was there to talk too :roll:

oh true. but is int bow good? because most of the guides i read say its a bit hard or w/e. and i heard about the hybrid for bow, the 70:70 build, but when you put your armor on it goes towards 80:80. is that one better for pve and lvling, or is all int? or should i go all str? i want some real fun once.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:57 pm 
Forum God

The reason why most people don't go pure int bow is because it lacks def or any good skills to stop an attack until level 7xish. While s/s has kd + shield and spear has stun + kb.

Pure int bow is good at PvE but does poor in PvP due to it's lack of def.

I'd go hybrid int if you really want to be good in PvE and be able to tank a lil longer. Maybe a 1:3 or 1:5 build perhaps.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:01 pm 
Banned User

well i am mostly a pve player. so what i could do is use my ice imbue as my main to slow down as i deal damage. but since your more expierenced then me, do you think if i go all int, i should still get physical attack moves?

and what exactly does 1:5 or 1:3 stand for? very confusing :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:06 pm 
Forum God

I'd defiantly still get the physical attack moves.

1:5 means that for ever 5 stat points you put into int you'd then put 1 into str.

Same thing for 1:3 only this time for ever 3 stat points you put into int you'd put 1 into str.

If your going to be using the ice imbue I'd say go 1:7 hybrid int. Since that gives you a little bit more hp without losing much damage. It'll help while fighting giants and when you get ganged by some mobs.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:13 pm 
Banned User

well i am not sure yet. there is so many possibilites. i just cannot decide what is right for me. all str or all int, or a hybrid build. :?

so what class or chinese weapon and build do you play?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:19 pm 
Forum God

I play a euro currently. It's easier to level and parties in Venus are easy to find at my level :wink:

But I've considered making a pure int s/s bich/light/cold char before. I'd get both imbues cause the bicheon attacks + ice imbue = sexiness.

And maybe another pure str or hybrid bow char. If I was pure str I'd go 100pach/100fire/80light/20ice. If I went hybrid depending on how hybrid I'd lower light and raise ice a little bit. Maybe a 40/60 build. *shrugs*

But yeah I'd probably go with the first option. Cause it has the most versatility. Being able to nuke and use chains whenver = fun :)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:27 pm 
Banned User

quote="Tasdik"]I play a euro currently. It's easier to level and parties in Venus are easy to find at my level :wink:

But I've considered making a pure int s/s bich/light/cold char before. I'd get both imbues cause the bicheon attacks + ice imbue = sexiness.

And maybe another pure str or hybrid bow char. If I was pure str I'd go 100pach/100fire/80light/20ice. If I went hybrid depending on how hybrid I'd lower light and raise ice a little bit. Maybe a 40/60 build. *shrugs*

But yeah I'd probably go with the first option. Cause it has the most versatility. Being able to nuke and use chains whenver = fun :)[/quote]

yeah i used to play euro but they got so bring after a while so i am trying to mae a fun chinese. s/s is actually very fun, they are fast and have cool combos and it is fun with ice.

my options in my mind are pure int s/s, all str bow, all int bow, or a hybrid bow. this is why i can't decide. You know anyway i actually can?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:32 pm 
Forum God

Test them out. Work on narrowing down your bow options first, Go make 2 bow chars. One pure str and the other pure int. Get them both to level 30ish *whatever level you get strongbow at* and then see which one you like better. If you want your pure int to have more hp start adding some str into it and make it a hybrid int.

Doing this will help you get a general idea of what you prefer and will help you decide if you actually want to go with bow and what build you should pick.

You could also watch some youtube videos and figure it out that way. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:42 pm 
Banned User

Tasdik wrote:
Test them out. Work on narrowing down your bow options first, Go make 2 bow chars. One pure str and the other pure int. Get them both to level 30ish *whatever level you get strongbow at* and then see which one you like better. If you want your pure int to have more hp start adding some str into it and make it a hybrid int.

Doing this will help you get a general idea of what you prefer and will help you decide if you actually want to go with bow and what build you should pick.

You could also watch some youtube videos and figure it out that way. :roll:

well yeah but it takes to long to get to 30. i don't want to spend that much time because i also got so much homework right now, plus i can't stay on for that long. i am only 15 years old. youtube?... eh idk they hardly even help. i perfer these reading guides.

basically i like doing BIG damage, but i don't like dying alot also

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:26 pm 
Forum God

Then go with str bow. You won't die in PvE and your crits will pwn.

Or you could go with glavie. Good damage and you won't die.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:38 am 
Banned User

Tasdik wrote:
Then go with str bow. You won't die in PvE and your crits will pwn.

Or you could go with glavie. Good damage and you won't die.

well yeah but glaive...idk it's just not me for some reason.

and for all str bow, isn't criticals the only thing they have good damage with? the other times they do low damage/ but all int does higher overall damage because they do not need to rely on criticals. i also want it to be very quick leveling and easy for me. i would make an all int but some people keep saying it is weak at higher levels

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:50 am 
Forum God

IF you want to hit hard constantly then go with a pure int spear nuker.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:00 am 
Banned User

yeah thats true but i want bow so bad! but seriusly please answer this question. does pure str bow actually kill fast, level fast, and is it fun?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:06 am 
Forum God

It's the fastest str build when it comes to leveling. It get's to be loads of fun later on with the kb skills.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:13 am 
Banned User

Tasdik wrote:
It's the fastest str build when it comes to leveling. It get's to be loads of fun later on with the kb skills.

well my highest lvl is 29. and it takes so long ot lvl. when i am level 70 it will be 2 years from now lol

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:19 am 
Banned User

well i still don't know what to do, if i should be pure int or pure str bow or be a s/s

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:21 am 
Forum God

You really are just going to have to pick one build and stick with it. Their all good in their own ways, you know all about them now. Just go with your gut and pick one.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:29 am 
Banned User

yeah true. i gotta say thanks for all your help. i see now why your a senior member, lots of posts lol. got homework now. i make it tommorrow