Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:47 pm 
Veteran Member

will be hard to get used to from my spear...but the high level blades look so awesome flipping all over, and a pure str would be fun. just probably not fun to level...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:03 pm 
Advanced Member

Nice guide.

I'm a str lighting blade user.

Only lvl 34 right now so its not very fun being a blade character.

Haven't gotten the snake sword dance series yet but it must be pretty effective at high lvls because just about every high lvl korean blade character I seen has it.

Snake sword dance is also a physical attack so I wonder if its possible for me to activate the lighting imbue and use it to hit multiple targets and get the shock effect on the targets. Probably not but I'll try anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:04 am 

Quote:
The thing is though, I used 13 hp pots the whole time. He wouldn't tell me how many hp pots he used, but I'd say it was at least 1.5 times that

who counts pots while fighting??? lol XD dont matter how much pots u used it matters who dies but since no1 died u cant say yer better yet :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:06 am 
Veteran Member

i believe the point is during the same duration, he took less damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:09 pm 
Advanced Member

*bump* yet again

seriously, can we get a sticky on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:23 am 

Me wants a Sticky! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:55 am 

yes i get that he used less pots in the same duration but what if the other doode dealed more dmg? he said he barely broke 500 in a hit but using chains it seems understanable. 300-400 dmg x 4-5 hits is alot, but at lvl 43+ he shud pvp with 2 knockdowns if ur a blader since u can use one as the other charges bak up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:58 am 

if you get hit for more, you pot more. using more pots in a given amount of time means you were dealt more damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:31 am 
Advanced Member

AzNaN53ls wrote:
yes i get that he used less pots in the same duration but what if the other doode dealed more dmg? he said he barely broke 500 in a hit but using chains it seems understanable. 300-400 dmg x 4-5 hits is alot, but at lvl 43+ he shud pvp with 2 knockdowns if ur a blader since u can use one as the other charges bak up

my point is the 3k+ damage i put out was in about 5 seconds where he could do about 1.5k with chains in the same amount of time.

pvp isn't about damage over time, it's about doing the most damage in the shortest amount of time possible

[quote=AzNaN53ls]who counts pots while fighting??? lol XD dont matter how much pots u used it matters who dies but since no1 died u cant say yer better yet :P[/quote]

the point of sayin he used more pots is because str v str is essentially a pot fight, so if he uses twice as many pots as me, he runs out faster and ergo dies. i thought that was obvious, but i guess i should explain better enxt time.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:04 am 
Frequent Member

HTVHitokiri wrote:
well i plan to do a blade character, maybe when exp scroll runs out. planning pure STR. would you recommend any specific forces to focus on? i do alot of force on my current guy so i would usually have force as one mastery, but depends on what you say. thanks.

I'm making a fire one right now, I've made a ice one it didn't do a lot of damage though but leveled kinda fast. My fire blader right now is really good, does nice damage and isn't easy to kill so I'd definately say fire. Ice is really only good for bows if you know what you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:07 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I was wondering what the (approximate) range of Evil Cut Blade is. Is it less than, equal to or greater than the range of a bow? If the Blade Force Series is only good for pulling, then maybe the sps are better spent elsewhere?

I use a bow (18m, no range upgrade from bow mastery) for pulling mobs because Soul Cut Blade has a short range and a decent bow + imbue can do quite a bit of damage before a melee mob can hit me but the 2 inventory slots that the bow/arrows use might be better replaced by other items such as drops/mana pots.

cuchulainn wrote:
"Blade Force Series
Good for luring monsters since it is one of the two ranged attacks a blade has (see sword dance for more info). Soul cut blade is kind of low in damage, but evil cut blade has good range and damage. Very useful as an opening attack in PVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Oh wow, i was looking for a Blade guide since im level 21 str fire one
and i wanted to know where i was heading
I made delete and redo and SP farm hehe

THANKS a lot !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:18 pm 
Casual Member

yeah im a lvl 24 blader now... thsi guide helped a ltitle, glad 2 c it stickied...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:46 am 
Frequent Member

Only thing I would critisize about this guide is the two imbues. Waste of SP and overall mastery level to go with two imbues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:29 am 
Frequent Member

I am doing kinda the same but i wont go for lighting past lvl 32 and ice past lvl 30, after that i will train Fire and swordmanship skills.

I didn't train Soul cut blade because i think its usless, Sword Dance Series dose more dmg and hit 3 monsters, and its ranged attack too.

do you think this build is good?
i didn't farm sp that much, but i have like 5 lvls gap now and going for 9.
For me i think farming at low lvls is just pain in the ass.
now when i get bored farming sp i go hunting/theiving but at low lvls not much to do.
Edit: i forgot i have force skill at lvl 23 because i want the harmony therophy skill, its usfull for theiving on jangan/dh roads.
i didn't get the passive from it i got lvl 3 res aswell because i am a sweet heart i want to res low lvl people :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:09 am 

x_CodeZero_x wrote:
I've made a ice one it didn't do a lot of damage though but leveled kinda fast. Ice is really only good for bows if you know what you're doing.

In this video that str blader (main ice/sub fire?) uses pretty many times that area freeze (it is second book of frost nova series or?) at 6:30 -> 7min vs npc thieves. It looks awesome and good.. So are str blader ice with flame body & fire protection +passive good build? At 60lvl sword mastery 60lvl, ice 60lvl and fire like 40lvl? And then we need 25lvl lightning for 7lvl grass walk or cold arrest? :roll: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:28 pm 

x_CodeZero_x wrote:
Only thing I would critisize about this guide is the two imbues. Waste of SP and overall mastery level to go with two imbues.

unless i'm mistaken, the guide wasn't made to be a 'copy my build' type of guide. he explained all the relevant skills rather well, and also posted his own build.

besides, it's not a waste of mastery levels to level up both fire and ice, especially if you plan on using the defense buffs from ice with a fire mastery, or vice versa. yes, if the -only- skill in one tree he had was the imbue, then i would consider it a waste. but it seemed to me that the more important thing was the buffs. and since you already have the mastery, what's one more skill?

also, if you use one imbue for pve and one for pvp, it's not really a waste that way either. yea, you'll need more SP, but that's why the game allows you to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:53 pm 
Frequent Member

Yeah he said you shouldn't copy it but you know people are going to. And if you look I'm talking about the imbues, yeah the defence buffs from cold are nice in books three but getting two imbues seems like a waste to me. And the guide's leveling up 5 mastery trees, he said he's going to get rid of force once MP isn't a problem, but that still leaves 4 masteries. The more masteries you have the weaker your character will be at the cap because you'll reach 300 a lot faster. His masteries will stop at 75, but somebody who has three or so masteries can get 1 or 2 if they want to 150, or change it around however but they will still end up having a better char.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:59 pm 
Veteran Member

Well i am building my str blade on the side of training my main. right now i have sword, lightining, fire mastery. Light just for speed and phantom walk(favorite move). but i keep hearing more and more about ice. cant decide which embue i want, fire or ice. i was thinking using ice embue and having fire for its wealth of buffs. but how high could i get my lightning? im really unsure of what to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:50 pm 
Advanced Member

x_CodeZero_x wrote:
Yeah he said you shouldn't copy it but you know people are going to. And if you look I'm talking about the imbues, yeah the defence buffs from cold are nice in books three but getting two imbues seems like a waste to me. And the guide's leveling up 5 mastery trees, he said he's going to get rid of force once MP isn't a problem, but that still leaves 4 masteries. The more masteries you have the weaker your character will be at the cap because you'll reach 300 a lot faster. His masteries will stop at 75, but somebody who has three or so masteries can get 1 or 2 if they want to 150, or change it around however but they will still end up having a better char.

Well, people who try and copy will probably get frustrated rather quick because this build takes a LOT of sp. Having cold imbue is pretty nice actually in certain situations including: Fighting a hunter that I am simply unable to kill while I port to thief town and don't have a zerk. Tanking Isyutareu is another good thing about cold. It slows her down and let's me take less damage (of course at 54 the spawns still own me fast if I don't get the **** out of there). 4 Masteries, I don't see a problem with that. As of now we know the max level will be at least 90, so...
Bicheon-90
Fire-70
Light-70
Cold-70

Leveling up any force to 90 isn't very useful because it won't really increase damage by that much. If the cap gets raised, I'll worry about it then, but I haven't seen one solid piece of proof that the cap will be higher than 90 at this time (might come later, I don't know), but until I see that proof, I'm basing my build on 90 level cap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:59 pm 
Frequent Member

klrp wrote:
x_CodeZero_x wrote:
I've made a ice one it didn't do a lot of damage though but leveled kinda fast. Ice is really only good for bows if you know what you're doing.

In this video that str blader (main ice/sub fire?) uses pretty many times that area freeze (it is second book of frost nova series or?) at 6:30 -> 7min vs npc thieves. It looks awesome and good.. So are str blader ice with flame body & fire protection +passive good build? At 60lvl sword mastery 60lvl, ice 60lvl and fire like 40lvl? And then we need 25lvl lightning for 7lvl grass walk or cold arrest? :roll: :?

A fire imbue of the same level and book would do more damage...I'm not saying it's good or bad, it's a good skill to have for PvE not so much PvP assuming the person has a lot of pills and auto-pill on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:05 pm 
Frequent Member

cuchulainn wrote:
x_CodeZero_x wrote:

Well, people who try and copy will probably get frustrated rather quick because this build takes a LOT of sp. Having cold imbue is pretty nice actually in certain situations including: Fighting a hunter that I am simply unable to kill while I port to thief town and don't have a zerk. Tanking Isyutareu is another good thing about cold. It slows her down and let's me take less damage (of course at 54 the spawns still own me fast if I don't get the **** out of there). 4 Masteries, I don't see a problem with that. As of now we know the max level will be at least 90, so...
Bicheon-90
Fire-70
Light-70
Cold-70

Leveling up any force to 90 isn't very useful because it won't really increase damage by that much. If the cap gets raised, I'll worry about it then, but I haven't seen one solid piece of proof that the cap will be higher than 90 at this time (might come later, I don't know), but until I see that proof, I'm basing my build on 90 level cap.

And again I say, as many others have, cold is only good for PvE really. If a hunter was truely prepaired for all the problems in trading he would have pills for cold and such, and yeah cold is good for PvE so it's gonna help with things like Isy. And every little bit of damage helps in PvE and PvP, say they only have a little bit of health left before the pill kicks in, with that extra little damage boost they could be dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:26 pm 
Advanced Member

x_CodeZero_x wrote:
And again I say, as many others have, cold is only good for PvE really. If a hunter was truely prepaired for all the problems in trading he would have pills for cold and such, and yeah cold is good for PvE so it's gonna help with things like Isy. And every little bit of damage helps in PvE and PvP, say they only have a little bit of health left before the pill kicks in, with that extra little damage boost they could be dead.

Cold has it's uses in PVP which I think you're ignoring. I said I use it on hunters that I CANNOT kill with my normal fire imbue. Ice still slows you down and I can prolong the fight so he can't kill me before I port. Of course he's gonna have pills but Ice still has some effect. If you start a skill while frostbitten, you execute the skill slowly even after pilling. Freezing stops skills cold.

Just curious, but do you have a high level blader with at least book 2 ice imbue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:35 am 
Frequent Member

If the person can auto-pill through it then what's the point? All frostbite can do is reset the skills they've selected..oh no they have to click the skills again! If a hunter has pills and you can't kill it with fire imbues(which do the most damage), what makes you think a weaker imbue is going to help any? They can just pill through the status effect the only thing you're doing is chipping away at their potions and doing less damage. And yeah I DID have one on Troy, I deleted all the chars and switched servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:26 am 
Advanced Member

x_CodeZero_x wrote:
If the person can auto-pill through it then what's the point? All frostbite can do is reset the skills they've selected..oh no they have to click the skills again! If a hunter has pills and you can't kill it with fire imbues(which do the most damage), what makes you think a weaker imbue is going to help any? They can just pill through the status effect the only thing you're doing is chipping away at their potions and doing less damage. And yeah I DID have one on Troy, I deleted all the chars and switched servers.

How high was your blader? I can't think of many high level bladers that aren't around anymore besides Paradox and I think he moved to Athens or Venice (if you are then props).

The point of using ice is to slow down the rate at which you're taking damage. And despite autopot, ice still slows the person down, and it has slowed hunters down enough for me to survive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:36 am 
Frequent Member

It WAS only at 38, like I said in an earlier post, I deleted it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:01 am 
Advanced Member

x_CodeZero_x wrote:
It WAS only at 38, like I said in an earlier post, I deleted it.

To be honest, I don't know why you're arguing with me then. You say something is useless and I respond with why it is useful and what situations it is useful. You don't have as much experience with bladers as I do (54 and rising). I put forth why I believe you were wrong and then you just reiterated what you said before with little regard for my retort.

Once again:

Ice IS useful in PVP when you can't kill and just need to survive since regardless of autopot it will slow down your opponents ability to deal damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:31 pm 
Frequent Member

Lol you don't need to have a high level character to know things about skills, the only difference between the different books is the damage so don't act like you have more experience, or know more, because there's nothing to it. And you give a situation and I give reasons as to why cold isn't helpful, it doesn't decrease their damage, it just helps you live. When they're just going to start attacking again, why sacrifice damage for 1 or less second, that's just a stupid way to go about PvP. And if you can't kill them person then you might as well just run off because there's no point in sitting there and "surviving" a little longer if you can't kill them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:08 pm 
Veteran Member

x_CodeZero_x wrote:
Lol you don't need to have a high level character to know things about skills, the only difference between the different books is the damage so don't act like you have more experience, or know more, because there's nothing to it. And you give a situation and I give reasons as to why cold isn't helpful, it doesn't decrease their damage, it just helps you live. When they're just going to start attacking again, why sacrifice damage for 1 or less second, that's just a stupid way to go about PvP. And if you can't kill them person then you might as well just run off because there's no point in sitting there and "surviving" a little longer if you can't kill them.

but his whole point was that cold is just for him to stay alive. against high hunters or uniques. if a high level hunter comes along and you have your scroll already close to finishing things look grim. you just need a little more time and need to stay alive. and thats what he is saying ice does. for isy, he doesn't expect to kill it, but with that he can tank the dmg and slow it down. tanking is to be able to take massive dmg. yes being able to deal it back out is always good, but even keeping someone busy or at bay can give your friends the upper hand, or just buy you some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:12 pm 
Advanced Member

x_CodeZero_x wrote:

Actually, I DO know something. Just looking at the damage of the skill and actually using the skill and experimenting with it in PVE and PVP are two totally different things.

The damage they deal per hit won't change because you're using ice, but PVP isn't about how much damage you can deal in one hit. If the other person can kill you in one hit, you're obviously gonna lose no matter what. PVP is about doing as much damage in as short an amount of time as possible. The goal of using ice is to extend that same damage over a longer time period. If the person can do 5k damage in 5 seconds, ice can slow that to 5k damage in 6 or 7 seconds, and though it may seem insignificant, it can make all the difference since that 1 or 2 seconds is enough to get another pot in and what do you know...you're still alive whereas in the same situation using fire...you're kissing the ground.

There are multiple reasons to survive by using ice when you cannot kill your opponent:
1. Can't run due to a transport with goods in it while you teleport to thief town
2. Waiting on guildmates/friends to help you gangbang the person
3. You can't run because they are faster than you so your only hope is to annoy them until they leave you alone when they realize they cannot kill you

Basically what you're saying about experience is that someone can read all there is about hitting a baseball and be just as knowledgeable about hitting as the player with the best batting average in the major leagues. That's bullshit and you know it. If experience didn't matter then why the hell would people do anything? "I've read everything available about sex I don't need experience to be credible"

I have two words "BULL SHIT!!"

nightbloom or Fly: would either of you care you elaborate your opinions on this debate? I'd like to hear your ideas since you're higher than me and have more experience than me on it so you might have some insight to share

I apologize to anyone who gets confused by my rambling here, I've been studying for an exam all night and haven't slept yet. I'll try to elucidate better after I've taken a nap and my exam is over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next