Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: High level cold imbue questions
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:26 pm 
Ex-Staff

I've got a few and would like someone with that has this leveled past Lev 43.

First off I know that Ice isn't the strongest of the elements, but I feel it compliments a strength bow nicely. I've also got lightning, but the damage is equivilant.

My char is virtually pure strength, meaning I've got a limited amount of mana. I'm wondering if it is worth it to continue adding to book 2 and to get book 3 or if I should concentrate on just my weapon skills. While grinding I already use a decent amount of mana (strong bow, imbue and triple arrow to kill). Continuing to level all of them will really increase my MP consumption and I'm not sure if the damage output is worth it.

Thoughts?

ediot : my apologies I put this in the wrong forum, could it be moved pls. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:41 pm 
Ex-Staff

If I recall you are using a nice sos bow too though, correct? I'd expect higher damage output.

Mine is 45+3, but white. OFC I have a bunch of extra strength from other gear and I know that helps.

I also like being different than alot of cookie cutter builds, in PVP i may not be able to one shot a glaiver or blader of my level but I can seriously disrupt them, rendering them ineffective in group battles.

As always I appreciate the input, even if it does make me second guess my decisions.

edit. what happened to your post stacie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:45 pm 
Site Owner

LOL saw that? :D

After reviewing the thread, I thought my post didnt acknowledge your question in any way, so I was like "eh".

No.

Right now I'm using a 48+4 C9 that I got for 3.9m

Still a decent weapon tho.

Yes, I have 16STR gear total, because I am 'mostly strenth' and have some investments in int.

I maintain this by buying the 3STR items ahead of time, when I see them. If you wait until you need them, they wont be there.

Also, I dont have exactly enough SP to go around.

I keep BOW updated and fully leveled, and let fire slide. Since I am a physical user, and all the bow skills are physical % bonuses, so that seems most important.

Last edited by Ryoko on Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:47 pm 
Ex-Staff

I've also got 16 extra str, it makes a BIG difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:47 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

ALWAYS!! keep ur WP skill same lv as ur char!!! Force skills you can let them below ur lv say around 5 lvs, BECAUSE u r a Pure STR :D

and ice for bow is one of the best choices, but want you to know that ice is can be 100% avoid:) the fire shield skill and a 40%+ anti freeze acc can do 100% anti freeze, which means, ppl wont be freezed at all if they use those 2 way together!!!(TESTED)

but for lvup, ice is abosolutly the best for bow...it saves u tones of gold....but strongest mag atk is still fire and light(in the early stage from lv1-lv60 light is the strongest) so 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:53 pm 
Ex-Staff

If you do that you wont get any (very few) SP. I tend to bounce my level differential as I need SP. I've currently got close to 6k sp and will soon be bringing skill levels up.

I'd still like to hear form someone regarding the whole mana consumption vs damage output. High level imbue uses a ton of Mana (I use protector gear).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:53 pm 
Site Owner

I would be *so* much better off if I didnt mess up my char early on.

The plan was 2:1. But those were 'clicks'.

Game gives you 1str and 1int automatically per level.

That makes it 3:2 which is no good. So I have to wear STR gear.

Of course, 3:2 gets BETTER as you level, and never put a point into INT again :x

I would GLADLY drop 400 mana for 400 more life. Anyday. Plus I would do more damage, and have a better phys ratio %.

But, a new char isnt an option. I do manage though with what I got. She don't suck. But pure str glavie like 56K is real tough to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:57 pm 
Casual Member

DEF MAX YOUR SKILLS it's useful in pvp situations and giants

also remember that just because you have the 3rd books doesn't mean u have to use it... if u want to save mana you can use book 2 or even book 1 of imbue which is like 1/2 the mana... or hell just don't imbue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:01 pm 
Site Owner

I stay 2 behind. I am constantly short on SP. I wouldnt have enough to max.

Also, the 48+4 bow is a 'freak' weapon. High stats.

Compared to three other 48+3, it does 30 more phys. One elixir is not 30 phys damage.

WitchCraft helped me pick out of like 6 bows.

I have a nice 52+3 C10 waiting in storage.

Just remember as you level, your weapon slowly loses damage-to-level ratio anyway. 42 sos items become obsolete with comparable 48's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:07 pm 
Ex-Staff

thanks for the replies so far, I'm keeping a close eye on this.

As to the mana cost its alot less than 1/2 the cost going from a maxed book to the next book. That's why I ask. Its alot closer to a regular progression. And I could use maxed book 2 (once I get there) for monsters and book 3 for pvp or higher level monsters. But for grinding I'd hat to have to chug a lg MP for every skill combo. It's 20k per 50. The space needed and cost of doing that would be nasty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:13 pm 
Site Owner

Only use the large pots if needed.

That might mean, grinding red mobs. Small pots are far cheaper, and I still use them to grind.

Large pots for war. 500HP up is also beautifull in war, and worth 50K during events if you war a lot. ( I have 10 saved.)

(LOL of course, war requires guild o_O)

If your using large MP pots, set your autopot LOW for mana.

A large MP pot recovers 75% of my mana. If your autopot is set to 50%, your wasting hella money.

I dont mind using small pots for mana because the autopot takes care of it, and I do save a lot of money.

Yes, my skills cost a lot of mana too. My mana bar probobly gets me 2.5 mob kills my level.

Grinding red mobs burns money, that should always be remembered.

But at 43 I had no quests, so I did Ujigi (50). Yes, one hit took 1/3 of my life, but they only got 1 hit each or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:57 pm 
Valued Member

yeah same here my pure str has like 700 mana and it sucks up mana pots like a vacum.......my pure int lvl 15 has 1.15k mana and i can get like 5-7 mobs

Olympus: LVL 6X Pure Str Bow/Fire/Cold/Light
Job: LVL 3 Trader LVL 3 Hunter LVL 1 Thief
(Retired)
Aege: LVL 5X Pure Int Sword/Fire/Cold/Light
Job: LVL 3 Trader LVL 2 Hunter LVL 2 Thief
(Retired)
Venice: LVL 4X Pure Int Spear/Fire/Cold/Light
Job: LVL 2 Trader LVL 1 Hunter (almost lvl 2)
(Active)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:21 pm 
Ex-Staff

med pots or small pots, interesting. I actually thought that large would be most cost effective. I'll try it.

I do have the MP setting fairly low. I played with it until I almost never got the message insufficient mana. I think it's at 25%.

In a few hours of grinding silver/white mobs I typically only use 10-15 lg HP, unless I get alot of giants. If I grind green they never touch me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:28 pm 
Site Owner

Err, oops.

When I said small pots, I am referring to the mediums.

Obviously, a 49 isnt buying "small" pots.

Small in comparison to the large. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:36 pm 
Ex-Staff

I decided to level cold a bit more this weekend. I can't say that I'm terribly happy with it. Yes it does a little more damage, however the Mana cost is pretty severe.

All in all I have mixed feelings on it. I'll probabaly go for another 10+ levels before touching it again.

Post subject: Re: High level cold imbue questions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:56 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

bump

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]