Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:23 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I am truly going to stuff my level 10 character in cold storage and start playing a healer in Greece or Venice. I've got it down to Lightning and Force and know what skills I need to take, but where's the weapon guide? I'd take either Bow or Glaive... Bow would probably make me broke becos I'm new and need to buy all those arrows :(

Does Imbue on a STR character make sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:49 am 
Loyal Member

There's lots of weapon guides on this forum so have a look around. Imbue on a str character is lots of sense. It adds abnormal state to what you are fighting and also makes your hits a little more powerfull. I think bow would have been my second choice to go as a healer. Like the shield, it also helps you out, because it gives you the benefit of keeping a good distance.

Good luck with your build!

6x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:53 am 
Casual Member

I want to use this sort of build - blade, 2:1 S:I, healing, mobility - but I don't know where to spend my skill points. Weapon/Force/Lighting looks good, but there are a lot of weapon skills it seems like...I'm level 4 now and haven't spent any SP because I don't know where to spend them in order to get the character I want. Help!

BTW, I am Cabronegro on Venice.

EDIT - Never mind. I think I'm starting to figure it out.

Build courtesy of Alfred's Healer Guide
Attitude courtesy of Sullon Zek
Venice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:04 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

hi, im really following yr guide.. except that im really a noobie..

can i knoe the level of the force skill level of each skill to add to?

i currently add to the Force light skill(the 1st one) but only last 5sec?i wonder if i max it or increase the level of it, will it increase the time more than 5sec?i try to cast it and by the time i run to the mob, its already finished that skill..

heal skill : can i ask a noobie question? what is the shortcut key to change target to yrself to heal it other than using mouse click on own self?

thank u for all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:35 am 
Casual Member

I don't understand.

currently add to the Force light skill(the 1st one) but only last 5sec?

Yep; the 2nd level one doesn't last long either. I'm level 10 and I've found that using the Imbue a lot isn't a good idea because it takes so much mana. I use it when I need an extra punch. You need the Illusionary Chain skill to use instead. If you are going to use the Imbue, then double click the mob and cast the Imbue spell right before you attack it.

heal skill : can i ask a noobie question? what is the shortcut key to change target to yrself to heal it other than using mouse click on own self?

I don't know if there is one. I'm pretty new to this game too.

Venice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I don't understand.

i mean for example, like the healing series, stop at which level of tat skill?stop at lvl1 or continue to put in till max level etc etc..

same for the rest of the skill thread starter has recommended..

jus like the blade guide by cuchulainn, he mention tat some skill like sword dance series only put to level 1 only, and follow by putting to the next book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:01 pm 

right now I am testing the build, with a sos glaive, and lvl 20 heal, lightning, force. So far, pretty good (and I sp farmed, so I have the rest at 20 for their different buffs at the bottom screen.

So far, she's awesome, and rarely dies at lvl 22 .I sp farmed till 2500sp, then brought her skills from 9 lvls to 4. Then sp farmed again till 2700, and I still have 600 left from adding everything from getting everything to 20. So now she has a 2 lvl gap and the lvls will stay until 29, then I will bring them to a 5 lvl range, and get my harmony therepy then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:25 am 
Casual Member

This build is working great for me. I was in my first party as full time healer (at white tigers) and it worked great. Of course I'm only 14.

Venice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:44 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

hi El Cabron Negro,

can i know roughly what u add for ur skills and so on? im currently lvl12 but still lvling at the stone lions there.. they seems hard =.="

i have a lvl1 3 hits combo blade skill, a lvl1 heal series for force, and a lvl1 thunder force series,

so may i know what do i add for after this?

thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:59 pm 
Casual Member

I have both passive parrying boosts, maxxed Lightning Imbue and Illusion Chain, the MP boost, level 1 heal spell (need to upgrade that) and level 2 Cure Poison, grasswalk...not sure if I have anything else. Can't remember off hand.

Don't forget to buy and use a LOT of potions! That's a mistake I see people making a lot. The money you make grinding easily pays for the potions if you sell all the random junk you find to the NPC.

Venice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:06 pm 
Casual Member

From http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=10696

Quote:
**Yes this is a long post, but I suggest reading it if you're thinking about getting Force**

Before anyone puts too much SP into the Force tree, I will have to say that its not worth it for most people. I once had over 40 levels of Force till I realized how useless it was for me and removed it. I originally planned to max Force because I liked playing semi-support in other MMOs. But the problem was how wrong I was with what I thought the Force tree would be. Being uninformed, I thougth this tree would rock as support. Boy was I wrong..

The main reasons I got this tree was because of Resurrection, Heal, Harmony Therepy (the circles), and Vital-Spot (debuffs). So whats wrong with those skills?
Well, Heal takes forever to cast. I tried being designated healer for my clan/friends a few times when jobbing and heal is almost worthless when you are trying to heal someone that isnt pure STR. Heal takes so long to cast that majority of the time the person you are trying to heal dies before your heal even goes off. For the people you can heal, their autopot kicks in before your heal even goes off. Aside from PvP, heal is even more useless in PvE because SRO is a solo-oriented game. I went 60+ levels solo, nuff said'
Resurrection is cool and all, but you really have to max it out for it to be useful. Its either max or dont bother getting it at all, unless you just like rezzing noobs. Problem with rez is that until you are high level, you wont be able to rez most people. And even when you CAN rez people, people tend to return to town right after they die, which is annoying if you actually want to rez someone.
Therepy circle is cool to have if you go AFK a lot. Other than that its not very useful. And until you hit the caves (lvl 60+) therepy is almost useless because mobs are so spread out. You throw up a circle, kill 3 mobs, and have to move on to find more mobs.
As for Vital-Spot (parry-reduce, attackrating-reduce), if you plan on using it in pvp, forget it. It shows up as a 'buff' so you can remove it by simply right clicking it. If you plan on using it in PvE, I'm not sure its even worth it cus the time you take doing this skill, you could be doing another attack. Its like doing four 300dmg attacks versus doing one vital-spot + three 350 attacks. Meh..

There are other Force skills but all are useless. Dont need self-heal because you can use regular 'heal' on yourself. Dont need Cure, because you can just buy pills, and it is way faster. So that leaves the MP-increase passive, which is the least useful passive out of all the available trees.

I'm not saying the Force tree is useless for everyone, but it just wasnt what I expected when I first decided to get it. If rezzing others is your thing, then get it; however get it knowing the negatives that I mentioned above. Dont pump SP into Force then regret it later like me

Forgot to add, OH GOD do not make this your main mastery tree. I guarantee that you will quit SRO soon if you do. Force has almost 0 help on grinding, and this game has a killer grind

Thoughts?

Venice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:51 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

donteatdog's post is very thought provoking. Up until now, I was going to build a pure or hybrid int spear:
90 lightning
90 force
90 heuksal
30 pacheon

But now I am having second thoughts. Even if Joymax changes the game dynamics to make it more party oriented, the slow cast rate of the heal/force cure just makes it impractical to use. Potioning and pilling is just more effective. I'd much rather wait for the European Race to come out and then play the much more effective healer class than farm 100k+ SP for the Force Tree. The only advantages I see in Force for helping GRIND is the Vital Spot series to increase my AR and Parry Ratio and maybe the invincibility to regular mobs from the harmony circle if Joymax doesn't patch it. As of now I'm going to be hardcore SP farming at lvl 24 for 100k, so I'm in no rush to make any decisions yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:48 am 
Loyal Member

Sure, there are some limitations to the force tree due to long casting rates, passive that isn't the best advantage, skills that you can use pills and pots instead for, and so on... And if the vital-spot series is like what that person says, I really hope they fix it to make it unclickable. Because it really doesn't make any sense.

This game isn't WoW or any other mmorpg. And for me, not ever having played any of them (silkroad is my first online game in this genre), I can't and I don't compare the healer build here to some from another game.

The main reason I go with force is the resurrection skill. I see that as a really important PvP skill. It has helped me and my friends out when we where fighting equally leveled enemys and being able to win the fight in the end. We have even been able to take out players a few levels higher than us that would have easily gotten away if I didn't have the res.

When trading, sometimes it gets very messy and people die. A res there and a res here, up with a therapy circle or one of the better ones and everyone is back on track in no time. The HP- and abnormal status curing skills are also really good for trades. Yeah, sometimes you run out of uni pills and ending up fighting with 1 or more ice npc thief then, is a living hell. My friends aren't much of use if they are made into ice sculptures.

Having the force tree as a main mastery tree... well, you are still able to max your weapon tree and one of the ice, fire or lightning. Yup, it takes alot of SP. I am really aware of that, farming like crazy atm at 52. But, wouldn't you want 3 maxed trees anyway going another direction. Atleast maxing those 300 mastery points into whatever field you want.

My blader isn't a useless weak sauce that only runs around ressing people all day. I fight, I kill and I die just as everyone else. There have never been any struggle for me to level my character up. Going lightning as one of my main masterys, I use that for imbuing my weapon and it isn't as powerful as fire and it isn't as annoying as ice, but it does it job and also helps me agro lots of mobs when grinding. The healer in SRO, as I see it and regarding the chinese characters, is someone that both engage in fighting and helps the other players.

If you want to be a bad ass hit dealer, go with full int and nukes. If you want to be able to tank a bit and also deal high damage, pure str and a glaive is a good way to go. Being able to über tank, go pure str and a blade. Having a more versitale build, go hybrid in whatever way you wish and add to the word out there that pure isnt the only way to go. Maybe you like standing in the back and deal out damage, then for certain you want a bow. And the list goes on.. If you want to act as a good support build, hard to be killed and good for weaken and keep the enemys grounded, my choice is a pure str with a blade, the force mastery and also another magic mastery of your choice.

The game isn't built for 1vs1 fights imo. So having a healer or two among you is like having an ace hidden in the sleeve. I never understand the people who shout out that you are a noob for not fighting 1vs1 when on a job. If you want a pot fight against another high hp build, well do that outside of jangan with a cape on. I want my enemys to go down as fast as possible. Ressing my friends that goes down, will make sure I don't have to end up potting myself to death.

Maybe this wasn't the best answer for going with force, but I'm keeping it, loving it and as long as I have friends in this game, it will never be useless and a waste of time and sp. You just need to think a little bit different and a little less on your self. If you are able to do that, then you will like going as a healer.

6x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:52 pm 
Advanced Member

wouldnt fire also be a good force for a healer? You can do more damage in battle with imbue, you have more phys. atk too, and u have the mag. defence. In my opinion, the real threat is nukers, because pure strs u can just tank while healing someone. So wont the extra mag. defence of fire really help here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:47 pm 
Loyal Member

yup, nukers are the worst :s

a str build is easy to stay away from as long as it isnt a bow character, but nukes on the other hand are the kill. so for that reason I am keeping fire as my sub force and not using ice. nukes can't crit also, so the crit reduce you can add on shields have no effect there.

6x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:03 am 
Advanced Member

yea cuz if a nuke starts charging up nuke just before u start ressing, he can get a fire and light book 2 on u before u can land a single hit on him or run away. I think ima do fire and get light to lvl 32 for grasswalk, ghostwalk, concentration, passive but thats just my opinion. I think, yes crit reduce probably wouldnt be all that useful for an uber tanker compared to a nuker but wouldnt ice immunity be extremely useful for healer so u can keep your speed and buff/ressing speed high, right? Thanks for the awesome healer guide--- really cleared some things up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:51 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Ok here is my idea and I'd like some experienced players to evaluate ;)
I know this topic is kinda old, but since it's stickied I decided to use it anyway. I've found that I need overall around 150k SP to max the skills I've chosen, masteries excluded - it sounds like a bit too many for me (I'm a newbie player though). I assume I've taken too many bicheon skills - please revise it if possible. I would like to create primarily a healer, but with good, decent tank abilities. Any comments welcome :)

Healer STR LIGHT/BLADE

Force
Heal series 11153
Rebirth art series 8058
Natural therapy series 7813
Vital spot attack series 5574
Force increasing series 1680

Light
Thunder Force Series 11359
Wind Walk Series 13405
Concentration Series 6535
Heavens Force Series 1680

Bicheon
Smashing Series 8578
Chain Sword Attack Series 21209
Blade Force Series 10185
Hidden Blade Series 16915
Killing Heaven Blade Series 7630
Sword Dance Series 16352
Shield Protection Series 1680

Total SP: 149806

Thanks in advance :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:10 pm 
Loyal Member

Purre wrote:
Ok here is my idea and I'd like some experienced players to evaluate ;)
I know this topic is kinda old, but since it's stickied I decided to use it anyway. I've found that I need overall around 150k SP to max the skills I've chosen, masteries excluded - it sounds like a bit too many for me (I'm a newbie player though). I assume I've taken too many bicheon skills - please revise it if possible. I would like to create primarily a healer, but with good, decent tank abilities. Any comments welcome :)

This is exactly the build i play with. I've also got some skills in the fire mastery, but I think you are better of using only 3 masterys to begin with like you posted here. Takes so much SP to upgrade 4. It can be worth though to upgrade it a little so you can have the fire shield and even the flame body series adn flame body power. Always good with some extra hit power and with the fire shield you can on later levels be immune to all the different abnormal status's.

When it comes to the bicheon skills, many of them are usefull in their own ways. The chains are good for fast grinding, especially combined with a range skill to lure mobs to you and the smashing series to use between the cooldowns of the chains or to take away the last bit of hp. You need the hidden blade and killing heaven blade series for pvp. Shield protection series is vital for you to increase your blocking chances. All the range skills are good when hunting on multi star trades. You can quickly make the thieves attack you instead of the traders and if they are low enough, it is a fast way to kill them also.

I really hope the makers of the game will fix the Vital spot attack series later on, but as it is now you can cancel it by clicking on the status symbol you get. It may still be worth upgrading it though, because in the heat of the battle it is easy to miss if someone use that skill on you.

I'm currently at level 60 and have alot of fun playing with this build. You will be apreciated alot when doing jobs. It takes a little longer to level up a blader, but it will be worth it considering all the extra survivability.

Hope this was a satisfying answer for your questions.

Feel free to PM me if you got more questions, or maybe even better post them here so more people can put their view into it and share the answers.

Good luck and have fun playing as a healer! :)

6x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:19 pm 
Loyal Member

hmm nice guide...but im a pure int lit/force but this did give me alttle help being a healer ^_~

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE]: Alfred's healer guide
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:06 am 

Im doing this except im going with INT instead, for a nuke/healer build instead of a melee/healer. :D

Hunter Alias: TechNine
Server: Venus *Where it's at*

Tecca Nina

Zenkai, Force/Light The Raw Buddist Law.

HEAVY METAL KINGZ

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE]: Alfred's healer guide
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:13 am 
Loyal Member

epic bump is,

epic