Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:39 pm 
Frequent Member

Sena, you could probably grind the 30's with less of a gap to get 10k SP, I'm not really sure but I've seen a lot of people's posts regretting not SP farming in the earlier levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:45 pm 
Loyal Member

so how big of a gap would i need to get like 10k sp throughout the 3x's??

or would just saving sp get me well over 10k anyway...

(sorry never been above lvl 32 before. :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:34 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Well from this chart you need a 3 level gap to get 10k sp from 30-39.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:45 pm 
Loyal Member

Well i read a chart that with a 9 cap i'd get almot 10k sp just from lvling 32 to 33. so if i stay at 32 with a 9 gap for awhile, which is ok cuz at lvl 23 masteries i could have harmony therapy at least, then i could get like 60k sp, then close the gap on my masteries and have a little sp left over. idk. maybe i wot sp farm until end-game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:22 pm 
Banned User

I just started new one archer fire on tibet, lvl 20 atm :)

I didnt follow ur guide Becuz i found it out just when I started it, but anyway It looks same like ur tut, so i guess i got gud build :)

GOOD TUT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:50 am 

so noone uses Autumn Wiind Arrow Series?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:23 am 
Common Member

ShizKnight wrote:
cyrax wrote:
I see hellsharpt mentioned the bow skills, and some of light, but what are your thoughts on:
Bow - Berserker/Strong
Light - Lion/Con/Wolf
I'd like an overall description on the skills if you could awa describing what payoffs or benefits/negitive they have on this build.
TY

Get Berserker and Strong, but don't bother getting Strong too high IMO. He mentioned both, I'm pretty sure.

Lion-useless, only good at killing stuff 40-50 levels lower than you.

Wolf-useless, takes too much sp for no benefit.

Con-meh. Some say Parry makes a diff, some say it doesn't. Either way, its a buff for a better 'chance'.

wolf takes SP?

btw great guide! inspired me to go bow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:47 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Eh...I started a new character..just to test the benefits of farming hard in the low levels, specifically 16. I decided to go with bow..for obvious reasons, and fire...and I was quite delighted to see this guide for str fire bow character, stating *almost* the exact build of my new character. The catch is, my character isn't PURE str. He's a 2-1 str hybrid. Now, mind you he's only level 13...Hes got his lvl 8 SOS +3 bow and such, and I don't feel like starting over...(yeah I'm lazy...). So my question for you all is..can i still make an "effective" character for a fire bow build, while being 2-1 str? Thanks all ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:20 pm 
Ex-Staff

hmmm I haven't posted here in a while, I've been busy with making a nuker (who has now passed by bow char in levels).

As for the hybrid bow. Some people say yes, I say no. (however if you go pure str from now on you'll be fine).

Remember it is VERY important to make sure you have enough skill points for higher levels. Without them you will be weak and kill very slowly, thus leveling slowly and not having as much fun. Most builds need 175K or so skill points to get to 70. I now regret not ever farming on my bow character like I did on my nuker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:31 pm 
Frequent Member

lol everyfing has been said i got nm to add only wanna say nice guide :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:06 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

What's wrong with using Armor for an Archer instead of Protector or Cloth? Wouldn't more defense be better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:30 pm 
Ex-Staff

Armor gives higher physical defense, garment more magical, protector is in the middle. Wearing one over the other sacrafices HP potion use for MP potion use.

In my opinion its a toss up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:45 pm 
Common Member

I just started a character very much like yours. :)

Pure STR
Bow
Fire/Force/Lightning
Garment

I plan to use my character not primarily as a PvP machine, but as a support character for hunter/thief parties and caravans. I should be able to do some pretty serious damage, and with the garment + Lightning I will move fast and get the nice bonuses to parry, while Force will decrease the parry of the person/monster I'm fighting and give me more MP.

I think I will like this build. :) I plan of farming about 10-15k SP until I reach lvl 32, would that be enough to play with a 2-3 lvl difference from then on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:15 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

This is going to sound retarded beyond belief, but my friend's pure int based bow character lays down extreme law when it comes down to PvP and PvE. Not to mention it's also a healer for our guild, so the godly INT points seriously help with that too. He can run around healing 5 or 6 ppl and not have a problem with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:08 am 
Common Member

lethalgopher wrote:
This is going to sound retarded beyond belief, but my friend's pure int based bow character lays down extreme law when it comes down to PvP and PvE. Not to mention it's also a healer for our guild, so the godly INT points seriously help with that too. He can run around healing 5 or 6 ppl and not have a problem with it.
A pure INT healer? That pretty much means he has to stay out of harms way, though. Which IMO would be kinda annoying for a healer character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:16 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I am lvl 47 pure str/fire/bow and had 24k sp now . Lighting mastery lvl 28 , ice mastery lvl 28 , fire mastery lvl 40 and bow mastery lvl 40 . What should i pump after sp farming ? Add lighting to lvl 50 and stop or add ice to 70 ?? Btw i wear garment . I am confused :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:06 pm 
Common Member

i like the guide hell just a bit confused when you say max fire force you mean ALL?

River fire force
Extreme fire force
Poison fire force
Soul fire force

I guess my question which i seem unable to find is do you have to max each skill in succession to get the final skill in the list? or can you just skill the 1st skill in the list and just add points to fire force series until the more advanced skill becomes available?

In other words say i want extreme fire force but not river fire force can i just avoid it?or do i need to max all? also with flame body you say max..That means all? thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:28 pm 
Ex-Staff

to progress to the next skill book you need all the skills in the prior book.

Pure int bow will be absolutely destroyed in pvp. you will have fewer than 6000k HP at level 70. That could be one hit from a glaiver or pure str bower, 2 hits from a nuker.

bows have bad magical damage compared to spear, why on earth would you do that.

Lastly you really cannot compare a 3x or 4x pvp battle to one at 6x-7x. If you are content to keep your character at level 4x, fine, but if you intend to go higher, I'd say switch to a spear (or s/s) for pure int.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:06 am 
Ex-Staff

How would a pure str cold bow be? I've had a pure str lighting bow and I killed Mobs of my level without them even reaching me. If I have cold, then it's even less likely that they reach me. So what's so bad about cold???? everyoune says it sucks but I wanna know why. I'm not very experienced yet, but fire bow sounds really crapppy, because in PVP the oppponent is likely to reach me... and kill me. But if i'm cold.... and a bit lucky.... they might not reach me....
So please explain why everyone says cold sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:56 am 
Common Member

tiglari51 wrote:
How would a pure str cold bow be? I've had a pure str lighting bow and I killed Mobs of my level without them even reaching me. If I have cold, then it's even less likely that they reach me. So what's so bad about cold???? everyoune says it sucks but I wanna know why. I'm not very experienced yet, but fire bow sounds really crapppy, because in PVP the oppponent is likely to reach me... and kill me. But if i'm cold.... and a bit lucky.... they might not reach me....

I don't think Cold sucks, but at higher levels many players are immune to cold. Then you're left with an attack that does less damage and no status effect at all. With fire you hopefully kill them before they can reach you anyway. :D If not, you're still pure STR, so you can take a hit or two without dying, hopefully.

IGN: Sophia777 (on vacation)
Lvl: 2x
Build: healer
STR/Force/Fire/Lightning/Blade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:04 am 

tiglari51 wrote:

Although it has been explained before, it is due to the fact that at higher levels you can be almost 100% immune to cold status, due to alchemy and fire shield being a % (up to 6x % (forgot which amount but high) and at 7th degree or 8th 2x ring with 20% = 100% cold immunity)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:34 pm 
Valued Member

Ice_Warrior wrote:
well yeah dat is a point, but i would go cold as the crits will do enough dmg and fire just adds that little bit more, buyt against nukers, bows are bad cz skills cast too slow, nukers would of KD you or nuked you twice by then.

They kd you because they get ONE shotted by people under their lvl XD, unless you got lousy gear on their kd ain't shit compared to their nukes anyways, they do eventually get unlucky with the kd and fall over ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:59 pm 

Susanoo wrote:
tiglari51 wrote:

Although it has been explained before, it is due to the fact that at higher levels you can be almost 100% immune to cold status, due to alchemy and fire shield being a % (up to 6x % (forgot which amount but high) and at 7th degree or 8th 2x ring with 20% = 100% cold immunity)

The keywords are You Can Be. However it doesn't mean everyone will be. Tthose people who are 100% immune probably haver uber-gear with +9 weapons and you probably can't beat them anyway. Remember that not everyone will be immune to ice.
I would think that most people are only partially immune to ice at the most. And even if they're partially immune, ice can still be a little debilitating at least.

KSSR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:08 pm 
Ex-Staff

on troy 80+% of all the lord yarkan kills are going to bow users. Meta and Naymere. I'm pretty sure that will change as the glaive and S&S hybrid nukers level up.

The good PvPers are all immune to ice (and other elements). Ice is effective against mobs though, so as long as you are farming and getting cold for the ice buff why not spend another 10k sp on getting that imbue as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:31 am 

From what I have heard the reason that bow users are getting the Lord Yarkan kills is that he does a sweeping area attack with his axe and wipes out any nukers ... or they have to spend time running back and forth to avoid that attack.

Bow users are able to attack from far enough away to avoid being hit by that attack. But they need someone to tank Lord Yarkan and his spawns.

I guess the question then is whether or not glaive nukers at level 80 are going to have the hp in order to be able to survive Lord Yarkon's sweep attack. It will be interesting to see what happens.

On Olympus I think most Lord Yarkan kills have been by archers or by pure str bladers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:53 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

1-Do you think a 2:1 str hybrid would work?
2-If you say pacheon will tend to get powned by blader and glavier, then that just makes your whole guide useless for pvp :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:29 pm 
Banned User

Silvertaler wrote:
1-Do you think a 2:1 str hybrid would work?
2-If you say pacheon will tend to get powned by blader and glavier, then that just makes your whole guide useless for pvp :/

As cuchulain once said
"If you plan your build with only 1vs1 in mind you're going to be dissapointed no matter what."
Well, it was something like that.

But it's almost always very true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:15 pm 
Ex-Staff

Alot of kills on oasis go to STR builds. INT's cannot tank yarkan.

IMO STR fire archers are one of the best unique hunters (for hunting uniques close to your level).
There is always the need for somebody to tank yarkan. That is what bladers do. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:40 pm 
Casual Member

I have a pure str fire bow character at lvl 25. I've never used a pure str character before, i've always been an pure int or hybrid. Is it normal for the pure str bow to kill so slow? Also, I've noticed that the imbue (fire) doesn't cause a whole lot more damage, should I continue to lvl the imbue to match the weapon mastery or could I keep the imbue much lower than the weapon mastery?. I'm asking because for one thing, it's not very damaging, and it's also costing a lot of mp pots. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:02 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

1 thing i don't understand is with all of these max'ed or nearly high class skills that comsume alot of mana, if you don't do 2:1 how can u ever cast them.

or just simply have rows of mana pots in inventory. . .

p.s. what's your mana @ lv30, lv40, lv50, lv60, lv70, lv80, lv90 <- With Pure STR

and how did you get that high mana?

thanks 4 guide =p

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next