Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cold is better than Lightning for STR Chinese
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:15 am 

-.- wrote:
um... ints need mag buff though :S

Well wouldn't this build be better then 90 fire/90heuksal/60 light/60 ice? 60 Light-48 Light isn't much of a difference..and the extra phy defense can be useful

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:33 am 
Loyal Member

int fire builds this cap fail imo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:06 pm 
Banned User

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
int fire builds this cap fail imo.

why do you think that? my friend is 85% mag bal naked spear nuker and he has heuskal 90 fire 90 light 60 and ice 60...whats wrong with this build??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 pm 

hybrid is something else then int...

basicly if you go int/fire you just NEED bicheon or heuksal, that will be 1 more thing left to choose and thats or lighting or ice, and you NEED lighting and ice maxxed to be a decent nuker or you will suck, and having fire without any physical skills is just a big waste, since you will only have like 1-2 usefull skills as nuker in the whole fire tree.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:51 am 
Loyal Member

Hustlar wrote:
hybrid is something else then int...

basicly if you go int/fire you just NEED bicheon or heuksal, that will be 1 more thing left to choose and thats or lighting or ice, and you NEED lighting and ice maxxed to be a decent nuker or you will suck, and having fire without any physical skills is just a big waste, since you will only have like 1-2 usefull skills as nuker in the whole fire tree.

this pretty much covers your question subzero.

to be int you NEED light maxed. you also need a weapon tree. thats 1more maxed mastery, why make it fire and not cold? if you go fire you will die with one hit everytime, for one.. no snow sheild, for two.. no defence.

60 light and 60 cold is more pointing towards str builds. for a nuker to not have max light is rediculous. your missing out on all that extra magical damage from the buff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:17 am 

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
60 light and 60 cold is more pointing towards str builds. for a nuker to not have max light is rediculous. your missing out on all that extra magical damage from the buff.

and how much extra magical damage do you think is from light 60 to light 90?.. 3% or 4% ? lol. the idea that pure int needs to be light max is so worng.

OT: Fudge has good point , but i dont agree that being a 'tank' means you should just be there and take shot and not die. you should take hit and survive enough till you kill the other. going too high on ice will reduce damage of str more. bladers already have damage on lower side, i think light is still better, should be higher than ice but not much.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:31 pm 
Valued Member

Pham wrote:
lvl 90 full farm bowers in my server never do this, they either win or they die. I have never seen alvl 90 bower in my server do this, and if they get kill, they will get kill but they wont run.

that's awfully stupid. it's like buying AWP and go dagger fight. when you got range, use it. if not using range, then you have chosen the wrong weapon, go get a melee weapon.

Confused Lvl 13 xbow - STOPPED

Premium Gold Ticket for instant login to hell?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:23 pm 
Casual Member

Are we talking about wearing garment or protector with 72 ice, 48 light?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:33 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i have do
90 bow 90 fire 68 cold 52 light full str archer
but ur right! 72 cold is better so i changed
i think is better 2 have cold high and light low... if u got a good set garment, high lvl cold buffs and ur full str u will tank all str !
if they run... that means ur strong and theyr scared.. anyway a bow can do 5 arrow combo 2 knock back runners and stun if ur lucky... :)
or use typon drug 100% + knock back if he pissed u off
xD

Lvl:85
Build:Pure STR Fire Lightning Pacheon Cold
Weapon:85+7 Bow FB Waiting 4sun :P
Guild:Immortality

Entrate da Noi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:44 pm 
Banned User

now let me give me 2 cents to ice vs. lightning.

shortly b4 lvl 90 cap opened, i made some thoughts on what to max, when the day of lvl 90 comes and chinese characters still restricted to 300 masteries in total. at lvl 80 cap, i favored ice instead of lightning. that gave me very good defense, it was almost wearing sun garm pieces. the gain of advantages that lightning maxed gave u at 80 was insignificant. therefore i maxed ice and left lightning at 60.

but at 90 the situatio changed. the trade-off between ice and lightning became bigger and bigger, so it's really hard to say, what to choose and how to distribute. the solution frudge offered sounds pretty objective and useful. but i think the basis of his thoughts was 1 on 1 pvp. in 1 on 1 pvp with ice at lvl 72 (?) no pure str, or even sosun, can kill you, if you have a good set. thats a fact.

but now we turn our attention to group pvp/job wars/guildwars. the little 2 meters from lightning at lvl 90 can really decide whether u live or die. the problem is not 2 or 3 hits you get, while u run away. the problem is the probability of getting stunned or other dangerous statuses. if your ghost walk is not maxed, all the opponents with maxed ghost walk will be able to launach attacks on u everytime they use it. of course you will be attacked as well, though ur lightning is maxed. but the probability of being attacked becomes higher and higher, if you're lightning is not maxed. once again, im not talking about rediculous nukes or kb. but stun, e.g., is very dangerous. and let's be honest. once the enemies reached you, you're dead anyway, no matter if you have 120 more phys. defense or not. just imagine, if 3 ppl rape u. even if those 3 are pure str, their attacks are pretty pain.

the only reason why i maxed lighting is because of ghost walk, to be honest. i have 518 parry with buff and even it drops to, let's say 490, it doesn't matter that much, in favor of cold.

conclusion: my opinion is light maxed gives u overall more advantage than ice at lvl 72 or other distribution solutions.

that's just my 2 cents to this thought. at the end sro is still a game and everybody should try out his own solution and keep what he likes most.

ps: i hope everyone knows that we, at least i, don't have lvl 89 legs, lvl 90 chest and lvl 89 necklace yet. if we had those items, i think the decision between light and cold would be favorated by light with no doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:32 pm 
Casual Member

gl spending bill's on thyphoon drugs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:20 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I think Weapon 90/Fire 90/Light 90/Ice 30 is the best 90 cap build for a pure str chinese. :P
That build i' ll follow to my glaiver :D

I'll start Silkroad in Venus in 2 days so watch out :D :P :) lol :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:29 pm 

That will be great defense :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 pm 

borat2 wrote:
With all that defense you will be indeed a cape fight hero, but would love to see a glaive with 100% speed potion trying to catch anyone with ghost walk, movement is important in this game too bad most PVP in Isro is done with the casual "sir you stand there, i stand here and we smash few keys until one dies." :banghead:

i LOLed THAt :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:03 am 
Casual Member

I would just like to know if this 90weapon/90fire/72ice/48light will work well with 70:70 bow build? Please I need some opinions.. Because my plan supposedly is 90Pacheon/Ice/Lightning..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:45 am 

i agree that parry buff in light is a big mistake by JM, at 80+, its not worth to lvl it up anymore, like 3-5k sp for 1 parry increase?

parry IS important, but u can make it up easily, by doing ur gear parry white stats (get them all to at least 60+%), instead of spending sp on 1 tiny parry increase
FYI, the gear parry white stats has a BIG diff, for chest pants 84, 85 its already like 20 parry diff from 22% -> 48%

ok here comes the grasswalk, its important not to be too slow, u cant buy 100% drugs all the time in job war, fw, grinding? if u can afford den gratz

and the most important in light, i feel, its Phantom/ghost walk, thats wat makes chinese unique from euro (tho wiz has short tp dist, and warrior sprint)

it helps u finish off enemy, or escape from group of enemy chasing, and 48 light vs 80 light has a huge diff in dist. of the ghost walk

and the ice phy def buff thing, it jumps significantly ONLY 2 times fr 0-90
1. 59 -> 60
2. 89 -> 90
look in mmosite database or watever sro skill database, and u know wat i mean

i feel light 60/ice60 is still the best in this cap, or even light 72/ice 48

if u wanna take ice to that high (eg. 72), might as well take it to 90, weap 90/ice90/fire90 light 30, be a real tanker wif 90 ice

i dun see the point in having ice 72 and light 48...i would rather give some more ghost walk dist. to light 48--> 60, than to have only a lil increase in phy def ice 60--> ice 72

48 light phantom walk wouldnt do much help as u think, its a really short dist. teleported

100 cap, all str will hv weap 100/fire100, so the rest of 100 mastery
its either 80light/20ice (most common), or 72light/28 ice
they really dun make a diff LOL, u hv to get HIGH Light at 100 cap eventually

btw, ligh60/ice60 needs least sp :wink:

in short, PHY DEF vs. GHOST WALK DIST. + a lil more speed, its a choice, so i think bower may want more phy def cuz they are ranged attack and they need abit less moving around etc.

and i feel its either 30ice (for snowshield), or 60ice, or 90ice, anything in between wouldnt make much sense to me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:45 pm 
Frequent Member

if u want to upgrade cold then maxed it.

my suggestion is for a blader 90bicheon/fire/cold and 30light for 100cap 100bicheon/fire/cold for ultimate tanking ability.

for glavier 90heuksal/fire 80light 40cold for 100cap 100heuksal/fire 70light 30 cold.

for archers 90pancheon/fire/force 30light or 90pancheon/fire 80cold 40cold for 100cap 100pancheon/fire/force or 100pancheon/fire 70light 30cold.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:59 pm 

stop trying to help str chinese
let them get owned by int/euros :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:25 pm 
Ex-Staff

I think this can be stickied. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 pm 
Banned User

Only difficult build for pvping for is xbow-dagger/warlock...stun/sleep,debuff--switch to dagger-prick =.=..stun/sleep is not 100% but 80% is very high chance...avoiding that and I can win.

Edit: I can win if I cast fire wall to prevent all debuff/stun ect. Xbow-dagger/warlock switch to xbow and atks from far but can't kill me unless they use xbow extreme and get some couple of crits...but I can disable the firewall any time/phantom+emperor+storm cloud=dead...if warlock don't want to loose then it must not use xbow extreme..but without it I can't die >.>

Last edited by Ragnorak on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:22 am 

Ragnorak wrote:
Only difficult build for pvping for is xbow-dagger/warlock...stun/sleep,debuff--switch to dagger-prick =.=..stun/sleep is not 100% but 80% is very high chance...avoiding that and I can win.

any force chi builds and warlock sub euro are meant for pvp 1v1 only
they pwn in 1v1

but they can only do supporting in groupfights, u wouldnt even hv the spare time to debuff in job war/fw

and even in 1v1, blue pill bug/holyspell makes them almost useless

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:49 am 

frankaslt1 wrote:
owell iam warrior/warloc, +5 2h with c12, i can kill any china build wihtout problem and pills won't help. Also it depends on warrios if he can only spam 3 buttons or if he is pro.

Hey, shush.. ego much? shut up plz, ty.

CLOT wrote:
any force chi builds and warlock sub euro are meant for pvp 1v1 only
they pwn in 1v1

but they can only do supporting in groupfights, u wouldnt even hv the spare time to debuff in job war/fw

and even in 1v1, blue pill bug/holyspell makes them almost useless

Nah not really, i got mine for supports XD
I normally win without even using debuffs, just fire/bich.. whenever i win that is..
I use force against warriors and glaviers mostly. and only.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:59 am 

im going for a 2 book build, only pacheon and Lightning the reason i choose lightning is due to the damage lightning imbue does is superior to cold imbue and parry ratio helps enough when i already have almost 12k hp at level 65 ^^

i only have lightning 65 and pacheo 65 maxxed atm.

is it still better to go cold if you put it this way?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:18 am 

And whats sexy is that you also have 3 different Snow Shield books all used for different occasions.

Can someone explain this?

Athens (inactive)
Level: 46 | Build: Pure INT [Fire/Light/Cold/Bicheon] (farming)
Level: 27 | Build: Pure STR [Rouge/Cleric]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:24 am 

problem is your snowshield will be for running away due to not having enough mp to even cover ONE strongbow.. or ONE nuke, etc etc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:04 am 
Banned User

streetrobban wrote:
And whats sexy is that you also have 3 different Snow Shield books all used for different occasions.

Can someone explain this?

use the books depending on your opponent,
if its someone doing ver high damage, you'll need the latest one
if its someone doing moderate damage, you can use the second one
and so on

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:12 pm 
Banned User

subzero wrote:
MrFudge, u make a few dam good arguments..ill give that to ya..but using 72 ice would only be good for PHYS DEFENSE...snow shield that lvl is pointless man...think of like 42% snow shield when your pure str...your MP will disappear quicker than a cake in-front of a FAT KID. and when u lose all your MP..you cant phantom away or use ANY skill, making you a sitting duck. ALSO, when your MP runz out, you cant move + damage starts decreasing your HP..then ur rlly fcked.

i want to see a valid argument back to this please..since your good at backing your points up.

you get 3 books of snowshield
use the right one at certain time and there is no problem
no one says use the max snowsheild

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 pm 
Forum God

use snow to counter int snow, you'll rape int easily

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:34 pm 

GJ man, you have changed my mined =]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:23 pm 
Frequent Member

this guide cant be applied to bowers. ok for glaviers and bladers.

While i don't find:
VINDICTUS - Kalkin - lvl 30 Lann - West Server

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next