Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: any 60 cap servers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:37 pm 
Elite Member

Sae wrote:
Is there any sort of timeline on this? Can we expect an opening anytime soon?

From what he told me on Skype, there's isn't really any opening date yet.

A lot has to be done, and he didn't even want to post abut it until I kept pushing him because you folks started asking questions in this thread. Of course the reason being that he knew that people might start asking about opening dates.

I am quite sure it'll be some months. But don't take my word for it. It's just a guess.

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:52 pm 

:cry: :cry:

Please keep us updated!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey there,

so far there is no opening date and I don't feel comfortable with giving an estimate since it could get me under "time pressure", but you can expect that the opening date is NOT a thing of days or weeks.

I will try to provide major updates here too. This week I did nothing to be honest because university started again for me and I have to get along with it. I guess you can expect some updates in the end of this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:34 pm 
Frequent Member

I think it kinda looks nice. If this comes out and I have the time, I'll maybe download it.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:57 pm 
Frequent Member

any updates? im a vet in the sro scene, just sayin!

Build 120% Pure Int S/S + Pure Force and 100% sun whore lol

PServer: Salvation - Active
IGN: Hideoki / SuddenDeath - BigInJapan
Build: Full Int Light/Cold/Bich level 70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:06 am 
Forum God

Settle down.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:49 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey guys,

excuse me for keep you waiting. I didn't have much time to work on the server but I have some really good news regarding the gameplay. I've finally found a way to solve upcoming freeze lags which come along with newer OS like Windows 7 and Windows 8. Those freezes were really annoying and to be honest they made the whole game unplayable, but don't worry, they're gone now :).

Further I made some slight changes to start items and fixed a little scam trick. I know that it's not really much but like I said I'm kinda busy with university at the moment.

The next point on my list is to continue reworking of quests and I'll have a closer look on auto potion. Auto potion is some decent topic indeed. It would be awesome to have a packet-based autopot instead of using one of this keypressing potion tools.

That's it for the moment. I hope that I can announce the next updates a little earlier in comparison to this ones.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:52 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey folks,

in this update I fixed the screen resolution (1920x1080). It is fully working now and all buttons should be located correct. So far I've patched 1366x768 and 1920x1080 resolution into the client, but the laptop size is not fully working yet, since I still have to locate the buttons for it. Further I had a look into auto-potion and I've to admit that it could take me a while to find a decent solution. A thought of mine was to set a cool down on pots to get the gameplay away from "potions battles" and make it a bit more "tactical", suggestions and opinions regarding this topic are very appreciated.

Currently I mess around with NPCs and quests. First of all I want to provide some more various types of quests and therefore I check what is within my and the files possibilities. Another point is that I find it kinda boring to have every NPC, who gives you a quests, inside the town. Therefore I decided to spread them around the local area a little and I also want to add some new NPCs. I thought about "hidden NPCs" which could sell special goods, other stuff probably or providing quests and more... I'll make some more thoughts about that.

Greetings Monte

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:12 pm 
Frequent Member

Those hidden NPCs with special trade goods sounds awesome.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:45 pm 
Elite Member

Bartic wrote:

Yep, and also just with "special quests". These NPC's could be hidden in the parts of the world-map where you usually don't go, thus "forcing" you out on an adventure. Those special quests should of course give some sort of special reward as well when finished.

Thanks for the updates!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:34 am 

ltsune wrote:
Bartic wrote:

Yep, and also just with "special quests". These NPC's could be hidden in the parts of the world-map where you usually don't go, thus "forcing" you out on an adventure. Those special quests should of course give some sort of special reward as well when finished.

Agreed times three - just the concept of hidden NPCs with special anything is a great idea! SRO has an awesome map, but there's never any incentive to explore.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:37 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey guys,

unfortunately I've been busy in the past months and there wasn't much time to work on the server nor to keep you updated here. First of all I'd like to mention that I didn't give up on my project and you can be sure that it'll be ready someday (haha...).

Now let's get to the changes that has been done in the meantime. First of all and most important is that all quests have been reworked, furthermore I've added 3 custom quests (more will follow). I hope that the new quest rewards are more suitable in comparison to their tasks, but for sure I'll keep and open eye on them and if necessary changes can be applied. Btw, I won't release any details to the new quests, find and do them by your own... better do them in a party ;).

I've made usage of the hidden NPCs concept, meaning that there is now a hidden trade route and some quest giving NPCs. This trade routes grant you great amounts of experience and gold, but it won't be easy to locate them. Regarding quest NPCs I can say that I want to spread some pure quest NPCs (from all towns) in the world (meaning that they have no other function as merchant or whatever), the related quests will be a bit better than ordinary quests, since it's harder to find them.

Next point is about auto potion. I've done some researches and the result is the following: There is a base for auto potion in the client, but functions which are responsible for calling the window creation and such stuff are simply cut off and it's way too much effort to rebuild it via ASM. That's why I decided to use a packet based auto potion for the server. On the one hand it's an extra program to download and use but on the other hand you won't notice it during gameplay since it'll operate in the background.

That's it for the moment. I'll now concentrate on auto potion, skill balances and more hidden NPCs/custom quests. Regarding skill balances I'd like to mention that it's really about balancing, not about creating a whole new and over-edited skill system. Bow mastery could need some knock-back for example since I guess that we all agree, that bow is very weak in comparison to blade/glaive at 60 cap.

Like always, feel free to submit suggestions or give your opinion to implented/planned features. I recommend any form of constructive criticism.

regards Monte ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:35 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey there,

I want to post a little update, even if it seems that no-one is interested in this project anymore.

I will pause my work on this project for a while since I'll help out a friend with reworking his server, which is online for nearly a year now. First of all I'd like to make clear that this is not the end of my project and that I'll continue with it once I have the time for it again.

Regarding the work on my friend's server I can say that it is pretty similar to my project. We use ECSRO files and everything will be old-schoolish, probably non-bot but that's not sure yet.

As I said we'll rework the whole server but keep it old-schoolish and as close to original as possible.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day ;) greetings, Monte

Last edited by Monte on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:59 pm 
Elite Member

Thanks for the update, man :)

Also, all the best of luck with your friends server!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:25 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey guys,

I continued with my project and worked on it for the last months. If you're interested in it then you should definetly check out my thread.

The server name is Phoenix Online.

Grand Opening - Friday, 01/29/2016 - 6 p. m. Phoenix Standard Time

You can expect an awesome old school and non-bot experience! I hope that some of you give it a try.

Feel free to contact me if you require help or if you have questions.

Best regards, Monte