Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Legits, forget any other pserver, come to Salvation!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:30 pm 
Frequent Member

I don't think every legit from this forum plays at salvation, and tbh those who are playing silkroad-r should just come play at salvation. Awesome events, great community that will only get stronger if you all start playing. I will help out however i can to those new to the server, and if you are good at playing your build will get you in the SuddenDeath guild and set you up with some gold etc. There really isn't any other pserver I'd consider playing at, so if your on the fence thinking where to play, just come play on salvation, you wont be dissapointed!

This isn't a typical pserver thread, i just want to catch the attention of legits on this forum! Legend 3 update is coming soon also, and it looks epic :)

Build 120% Pure Int S/S + Pure Force and 100% sun whore lol

PServer: Salvation - Active
IGN: Hideoki / SuddenDeath - BigInJapan
Build: Full Int Light/Cold/Bich level 70

Post subject: Re: Legits, forget any other pserver, come to Salvation!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:53 pm 
Ex-Staff

I am pretty sure every guy on this forum that still plays sro knows about salvation and made his or her choice to go there, go to a diff pserver, stick to isro or play on sro-r. No need to make a thread about it IMO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:28 pm 
Elite Member

I agree with XMoshe - sorry.

Personally I would rather chose the original game over a private server any day, as long as there is a community as the original game. And that's for sure what I'm experiencing at Silkroad-R right now.

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:16 pm 
Forum God

People fail to realize that Salvation is constantly changing/improving. So if you tried it at the start, and disliked it for whatever reason, then I'd suggest you try it again. Quite a bit has changed. I was gone for only 2 weeks and I'm still trying to get up to speed on the changes. It's fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:16 am 
Frequent Member

I made this thread simply to attract a little attention on srf again for salvation. This "other versions" forum has died compared to what it used to be back when it was people playing ksro, csro and ecsro etc, and for me, all other pservers are a waste of time, they are just zszc tbh. Greedy people running the server for money only, not for supplying what actual players of sro want!

I agree with lTsune about playing on an official server though, if i could get sro-r to work, I'd be playing there! However, salvation's legend 3 update, should be more than worth people to try out the server. Old and new, the game has no major faults, it's on paper, everything EVER legit has ever wanted from sro.

And it my be a pserver, but imo it's 100% safe legally. GM staff are banning anything that isn't human daily, botters etc. They wont be making as much money as other pservers, and this stands well, pservers like wowscape failed due to the amount of money it made the owner, so I'd say, salvation will be here for a couple more years atleast! If that's what people's concern is for playing on a pserver anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:46 pm 
Elite Member

Hideoki wrote:
I made this thread simply to attract a little attention on srf again for salvation. This "other versions" forum has died compared to what it used to be back when it was people playing ksro, csro and ecsro etc, and for me, all other pservers are a waste of time, they are just zszc tbh. Greedy people running the server for money only, not for supplying what actual players of sro want!

I agree with lTsune about playing on an official server though, if i could get sro-r to work, I'd be playing there! However, salvation's legend 3 update, should be more than worth people to try out the server. Old and new, the game has no major faults, it's on paper, everything EVER legit has ever wanted from sro.

And it my be a pserver, but imo it's 100% safe legally. GM staff are banning anything that isn't human daily, botters etc. They wont be making as much money as other pservers, and this stands well, pservers like wowscape failed due to the amount of money it made the owner, so I'd say, salvation will be here for a couple more years atleast! If that's what people's concern is for playing on a pserver anyway.

I agree with you, the management of Salvation is by far the best I've ever seen. They're really doing a great job, and the server is working just fine.

That being said, I do not agree with you that Silkroad Salvation is "everything EVER legit has ever wanted from sro.". I played there till I was about 68 I believe, and as much as I liked some of t he changes, as much was I annoyed by other of the changes.
To me it just didn't really feel like Silkroad anymore. I would honestly have preferred that they would make it a 100 cap or something instead. I would LOVE if they had the ACTUAL 70 cap files, and then made a 70cap server.
But having this 110 cap server, and scaling it down to 70cap just didn't really do it for me.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not flaming Silkroad Salvation for doing what they have done. But I know I'm not the only one thinking that not all of these changes are for the better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:50 pm 
Frequent Member

I will accept what you're saying about it not feeling like "Silkroad Online", i myself have actually said that i one of my threads here about the sro-r client not working. But having played salvation for a good few weeks now, I've gone past that feeling, and to me it's just a different game almost. I feel that with the work fly and the team are putting into the game client side, and then the great management that Nightbloom put's into the server game wise, it's just a case of each day, the game grows in stature and moves further away from any current experience, past included you can have on an sro client.

Legend 3, will introduce a really great amount of content, with Tier based unique hunts, roc and a bunch of classic features that we all loved from 60-70 cap. Some things don't work i wont lie, i dont like the rush for BA every 2 hours, as if the world might end if you dot play ba, and i do miss the freedom to grind at mobs anywhere i like, currently cap play and 60+ is all inside DW caves, i would like more variety. But the game as a whole, has so many plus points, all cons are really just tiny distractions from general epicness lol.

Silkroad-R is potentially the legits place to be, and we should all encourage legits playing there! However, unless i get a chance to even check it out...I will gladly stick with salvation. I hope some people here will give it a second chance, or just think of leaving other pservers, and come join us!

And yes, bring 100 cap!! lol, it feels so strange being FF with skills yet to be learned! But hey, with all the work going on, i wouldn't die of shock if we get a cap increase one day, never say never!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:06 pm 
Elite Member

I do get your point, I really do.
More activity would be nice though (a larger community). I went to the website and read about the new unique update, and it sounds cool indeed :)

All I'm saying is, Salvation is just not for me. It's too restricted and changed. I'm glad for you that you got through the point at which you feel like it's not Silkroad anymore. But having played during the first 4 weeks of the game (when it first opened), I can clearly say that it's not for me.

Now, I don't want to derail this entire thread and make Salvation sound negative. You guys should definitely go try it out, if you haven't already. I'm merely explaining what I think about the server, and why I do not play there.

It's kinda sad, you know. All the other private servers out there have the open system that I like so much, but bad management, and therefore I don't play on them.
Silkroad Salvation has the best management EVER, but a restricted, changed system, that I do not find very fun.
There is nothing I would wish more than for Salvation to be perfect, but they aren't quite there yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:13 pm 
Frequent Member

Yeah it is a shame, fly and nb have a vision set, and you all know what happens, when this is the case lol! But they do take suggestions well, so i think eventually a happy medium will be reached. There's still ongoing discussions about whether we will keep Donwhang over Hotan, but i feel having both should be a possibility tbh, like we both agree with, the game needs more freedom, it's very tunnel vision almost. But, 100% this isnt a down side, it's really just my main issue with the game. And I'm one of those that enjoy leveling and grinding, i was more than happy to grind on 1x rates on isro to cap many times, i personally don't think i could get past 100 on 1x rates, with the time i have these days! But salvation rates, 100 cap would be awesome to have!

But to any newcomers, be sure to pm me. I will help you out with gold and academy etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:48 pm 

too lazy to read ^^ salvation is awesome but silkroad-R is even more awesome.. :P

but on what server?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:42 pm 
Frequent Member

Dont read it then haha.

And i hope people decide to come join us at salvation. We could really do with another active union forming.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:13 am 

Silkroad R is already full of bots. fail.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:09 am 
Frequent Member

Then come to salvation. Nightbloom bans bots all the time, there is no bots at all here, this is the only reason our server capacity is so low all the time. Isro would be the same if it cut down on botters.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:56 pm 
Elite Member

Balderdash wrote:
Silkroad R is already full of bots. fail.

Yes, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a great version of Silkroad. With the changes and all :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:58 pm 
Veteran Member

Hideoki wrote:
Then come to salvation. Nightbloom bans bots all the time, there is no bots at all here, this is the only reason our server capacity is so low all the time. Isro would be the same if it cut down on botters.

Nightbloom

HUUU MADE THIS SIG?? Amarisa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 am 
Frequent Member

Well, thought id share this seeing as its for salvation. My progress on the new design for salvations forum and website. just a basic stage.

We want the server to stand out, so im going all out on making the first impression on the site something hopefully to entice people to play. Be sure to follow updates on the forums @ http://silkroadsalvation.com/showthread ... nt-Updates

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 am 
Forum God

Looks pretty kick ass. Nice job.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 am 

Her boobies make me wanna play

(with them)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 am 

livestream o.O i like

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:00 pm 
Frequent Member

I love silkroad salvation and i hate you all for not dragging me in sooner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 pm 
Frequent Member

I'm glad you came and joined the server dude, I'm guessing your GM of BigGameHntrs?

Btw, i need to update the guild info, we no longer house any form of Alt. We are recruiting actives who intend to FF and go full egy, to fight alongside Relentless in FW.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 am 

I've been considering picking SRO back up recently, maybe I'll drop by and give it a whirl.

Any people from the tSRO days playing there?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 am 
Frequent Member

not sure about people from tsro tbh. But if you do decide to play here, you can join Yakuza ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:26 pm 
Loyal Member

Not going to play on the server (and I'm too lazy to check the site), but what are the alchemy rates like on salvation?

I dislike the idea of having a 70 cap at lvl 100 or w/e it is - I agree with ltsune. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I'm perfectly fine playing with good mates on Diamond atm, and I don't see us moving any time soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:06 pm 

Snazzi wrote:
but what are the alchemy rates like on salvation?

"- Stones success rate changed from the default 16% to 76%" and "normal" rates for pluses.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm 

What I got from this thread is: "I'd play on SRO-R if I could, but I can't so play Salvation with me!" Great way to make a recruitment thread :roll:

Anyway, people should give it a chance, I guarantee you'll enjoy yourself. Anyone who has any doubts about Salvation should jump onto Relentless vent and see how super cool and fun we are. Join up, nao. ;}

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 pm 
Frequent Member

No sae, i was just saying to Ltsume that i wanted to check out sro-r, and salvation isn't the only place to play, you would be silly to think such a thing. But, i have however stated as far as pservers go, that salvation is the only place to be. This wasn't a stand alone recruitment thread, everybody here knows about the server. But i have recruited about 7-8 from srf in the past week alone due to my efforts in bringing people in, so i must be doing something right. I will be only honest in my comments, so i have mentioned sro-r yes, but only due to Ltsume starting the conversation as i was hoping to jon the legit's on sro-r before i played salvation.

But yeah, i dont think i put anybody off joining the server... like i said ive been recruiting players from all over and its working nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:45 am 
Frequent Member

Quote:
Cap: Redesigned 70 cap
Skills: Redesigned 70 cap
Exp Rate: 10x
Trade Goods Rate: Some routes are 3x iSro, some are up to 6x iSro
Item Mall: Provides cosmetic and luxury items only, no pay to win.

I don't get it, so max level is 70 and no Europeans?

What do you mean skills & cap redesigned?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 pm 

jyushinshuu wrote:
I don't get it, so max level is 70 and no Europeans?
We have euros. This isnt like 99% of server with 110 cap and novas. If you dont like 70 cap, dont play.
jyushinshuu wrote:
What do you mean skills & cap redesigned?
Some skills, like heuksal's soul spear emperor (lvl80) is possible to get at lvl70. (Every build has "new" skills, Blizzard, Innocent...) And 11dg A/B gear/weapon is downgraded to 70 ("endgame" gear).