Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Myth Reborn :: Cap 125, Arabia update, Triggered Instances,
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:45 pm 
Forum God

Bananaman wrote:
FOB wrote:
So who here is still playing on myth?

I stopped playing for a couple weeks. I'll come back when I can log in again.

i.e. once Synx fixes that c7 error crap

I haven't had that problem at all recently.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:52 pm 
Forum God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:21 pm 

Tasdik wrote:
Bananaman wrote:
FOB wrote:
So who here is still playing on myth?

I stopped playing for a couple weeks. I'll come back when I can log in again.

i.e. once Synx fixes that c7 error crap

I haven't had that problem at all recently.

Tried to login yesterday, tried for about 30 minutes of getting the "you have been disconected" dialog box before getting to the login screen. gave up.

It should't take me 40+ minutes to log into a game (yes I read the "solutions" on the site saying "keep logging in" -.-)

3.And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4.You're smiling now because you're an idiot.
5.You soon will forward this to another idiot.
6.There's still a stupid smile on your face.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:33 pm 
Forum God

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:21 pm 
Frequent Member

so venture or myth!?

Build 120% Pure Int S/S + Pure Force and 100% sun whore lol

PServer: Salvation - Active
IGN: Hideoki / SuddenDeath - BigInJapan
Build: Full Int Light/Cold/Bich level 70

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:09 pm 

Right now Venture seems the better option, Myth is still too unfinished and buggy... I wish synx didn't open it so early to please the people begging to open it, woulda been so much better with little more work. Knowing what Synx is capable of, it will get better though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:26 pm 
Forum God

Up to you, both are good in their own ways.

I, personally, think Myth will last longer. Simply because it has a larger player base due to it allowing botting.

Having played on purely legit servers before, I know that they never seem to last long, since the number of legits out there is so small, and once they leave, no one new comes, and the server dies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:21 am 
Forum God

Went on my first trade run this evening. (I've been avoiding them because I'm lazy)

We went from Jangan to Alexandria. Was actually a lot of fun. Pretty intense at times though.

=]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 am 
Valued Member

=]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 pm 

Tasdik wrote:

I, personally, think Myth will last longer. Simply because it has a larger player base due to it allowing botting.

Having played on purely legit servers before, I know that they never seem to last long, since the number of legits out there is so small, and once they leave, no one new comes, and the server dies.

Or the legits just merely Drama themselves to death. Over the smallest things too.(Seen that happen across multiple P-servers/sro versions)

Although I think that Venture COULD have been geat, but I think Attibu dropped the ball on a lot of stuff. . .especially timing. . .He should have waited untill the end of Myth, instead he just split up the already small number of players that don't bot. I guess he was banking on having a large influx of players once Myth got DDosed/exploit crahsed to hell, but that didn't really work out.

Oh and Synx. . .man. . .you shou;d NOT announce a server if you aren't completely finished with most of the major bugs/prepared for the inevitible attacks. It's not like he's a total newbie to the community, he KNOWS what happens to popular servers, also the guy had 5.5k+ likes on his facebook page for the server, he should have known all this and prepared before announcing the re-opening. Then he wouldn't have had to "open to early because people were pestering him" which I think is a total, 100000% B.S. excuse for not having his shit together, ESPECIALLY since he ALREADY had a beta earlier in the year! Why fan the flames and hype up something you know isn't ready yet?

On the subject of botting, I don't think any server owner has even begun to tackle the main issue. . .

Making the game so that you don't need to bot.

One of those is improving exp with Chinese characters It really only takes a few days of hardcore gaming to a couple of weeks to cap as a EURO. without using anybots if you grind at the right mobs, which it seems that many of the legits still left have forgotten, or didn't bother to learn about? Idk. . .I mean grinding at lvl 102-7 mobs at lvl 102+ is not going to work. . .especially when there are 113-114 mobs that are easier to kill and do less dmg. But yeah, as a Euro you should be able to cap in a week or so without even needing to touch a bot.

Chinese? shiieet, unless the server is 100% chn, the server owners pretty much completely forget chn characters exist. IF you play casually, you'll see the Euro characters hit cap by the third day (Venture) while you're still stuck in downhang, grinding the same monsters. . . of course since there is an exp penalty for having a chn character on a Euro 8/8 pt, no one wants to pt with a chn. Even if you get the rare group that does, on a purely no botting server that hasn't fixed the main issue of not even needing a bot to play, there's pretty much no one around to party with after the first group of hardcore legit players all on euro shoot to cap. I loged in on venture the other day, and I saw TWO parties in matching, lvls 75+

Two. . .

II

1+1

3-1

deux

Dos

I don't think there will be a pserver owner talented enough to fix these problems on sro p-servers. . .most of those guys are off making better games.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:48 pm 

Tasdik wrote:

While that could be true, I personally think legit servers (in a hypothetical perfect situation) will outlast any server that allows botting; why? because bot servers merely exist to bot on, once you're capped and fully farmed, what's the point of playing any longer?

Bananaman wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

Or the legits just merely Drama themselves to death. Over the smallest things too.(Seen that happen across multiple P-servers/sro versions)

Although I think that Venture COULD have been geat, but I think Attibu dropped the ball on a lot of stuff. . .especially timing. . .He should have waited untill the end of Myth, instead he just split up the already small number of players that don't bot. I guess he was banking on having a large influx of players once Myth got DDosed/exploit crahsed to hell, but that didn't really work out.

Oh and Synx. . .man. . .you shou;d NOT announce a server if you aren't completely finished with most of the major bugs/prepared for the inevitible attacks. It's not like he's a total newbie to the community, he KNOWS what happens to popular servers, also the guy had 5.5k+ likes on his facebook page for the server, he should have known all this and prepared before announcing the re-opening. Then he wouldn't have had to "open to early because people were pestering him" which I think is a total, 100000% B.S. excuse for not having his shit together, ESPECIALLY since he ALREADY had a beta earlier in the year! Why fan the flames and hype up something you know isn't ready yet?

On the subject of botting, I don't think any server owner has even begun to tackle the main issue. . .

Making the game so that you don't need to bot.

One of those is improving exp with Chinese characters It really only takes a few days of hardcore gaming to a couple of weeks to cap as a EURO. without using anybots if you grind at the right mobs, which it seems that many of the legits still left have forgotten, or didn't bother to learn about? Idk. . .I mean grinding at lvl 102-7 mobs at lvl 102+ is not going to work. . .especially when there are 113-114 mobs that are easier to kill and do less dmg. But yeah, as a Euro you should be able to cap in a week or so without even needing to touch a bot.

Chinese? shiieet, unless the server is 100% chn, the server owners pretty much completely forget chn characters exist. IF you play casually, you'll see the Euro characters hit cap by the third day (Venture) while you're still stuck in downhang, grinding the same monsters. . . of course since there is an exp penalty for having a chn character on a Euro 8/8 pt, no one wants to pt with a chn. Even if you get the rare group that does, on a purely no botting server that hasn't fixed the main issue of not even needing a bot to play, there's pretty much no one around to party with after the first group of hardcore legit players all on euro shoot to cap. I loged in on venture the other day, and I saw TWO parties in matching, lvls 75+

Two. . .

II

1+1

3-1

deux

Dos

I don't think there will be a pserver owner talented enough to fix these problems on sro p-servers. . .most of those guys are off making better games.

You adress some really great arguments, however I'd like to add some stuff:

-We're not really trying to compete with Myth, caipi and synx are both friends of mine
-Timing: I'd expect that legit players on Myth would actually leave it because of the exploits and delay (bots don't really care about the delay), I wonder why you, as a legit, would want to play on a server that gets exploited hourly and has a 2 second delay.
-We're currently still the only server that fixed -all- exploits, so we have an insurance when all other servers go down. (not if, when)

About the making botting unnecesarry, in a perfect world this would matter, but unfortunately I have noticed from experience, that people don't actually care. If they see "botting not allowed", they will either just ignore it, or download it and then complain why their bot won't work.

If you'd make botting unnecessary, they'll simply complain about the fact that they can't bot.

Either way, Venture surely isn't dead yet (we have doubled the amount of players since last week), and we will continue developing it; making botting impossible is just the first step :sohappy:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:59 pm 
Forum God

The real problem with most legit servers is that due to a lower amount of player, the servers have problems staying open due to a lack of finances.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:48 pm 
Frequent Member

I still believe pserver sro should just forget legits vs bots and establish a middle ground between the two with a focus not on legit pve, but on high activity areas for 'players' such as pvp, jobbing etc.

Also, i'd like to see alchemy evolve into a crafting sub class system allowing people to quest or farm mats/drops needed to create end game gear. blacksmiths, goldsmiths, armourers etc. This way you can create gear instead of bot farm or w/e.

maybe taking your skills and applying them to a new custom game in the image of sro. ibet you could create or even buy a better engine than sro's anyway!

Build 120% Pure Int S/S + Pure Force and 100% sun whore lol

PServer: Salvation - Active
IGN: Hideoki / SuddenDeath - BigInJapan
Build: Full Int Light/Cold/Bich level 70

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:39 am 
Valued Member

why are people complaining about low population? sro is basically dead and new people won't join

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:03 am 
Common Member

I like pie.

Last edited by _Bisu_ on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:04 am 
Forum God

G-man gonna be mad.

Hhhhh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:54 pm 

Tasdik wrote:
The real problem with most legit servers is that due to a lower amount of player, the servers have problems staying open due to a lack of finances.

Well Myth doesn't seem to be looking so hot either. Synx finally fixed the login in issues so I can actually log in now. but. . .that's pretty much all I can do. . .the lag/skill delay is just rediculous. I was messing around on a chn character and you pretty much can't grind anymore, or rather you can't grind with any efficiency at all, since it feels like you're pretty much fighting mobs while underwater, being chained to a brick after coming down from a weed high and feeling groggy as hell from an interrupted afternoon nap. hell when I logged in. . .I saw 3 parties in pt matching on Myth. I'm sure he'll get the delay thing fixed eventually but. . .will the server have to shut down by then? When I logged in for FW for the first time in two weeks(because I was finally able to log in). the guild whent from 50/50 with nearly everyone online, chatting, partying, jobbing, to 31/50 and 0 people on. . .ten minutes before fw.

I'll look at the website and see 400+ people online but no one doing anything lol.

I'd love to see the server turn around but I'm not so sure its going to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:22 pm 

Hideoki wrote:
I still believe pserver sro should just forget legits vs bots and establish a middle ground between the two with a focus not on legit pve, but on high activity areas for 'players' such as pvp, jobbing etc.

Also, i'd like to see alchemy evolve into a crafting sub class system allowing people to quest or farm mats/drops needed to create end game gear. blacksmiths, goldsmiths, armourers etc. This way you can create gear instead of bot farm or w/e.

maybe taking your skills and applying them to a new custom game in the image of sro. ibet you could create or even buy a better engine than sro's anyway!

Thing is, there really isn't a "legit vs bot" nowadays, it's more like the "legits" that are left are just angry people trying to pick fights with people that are easy to troll. like 5% of the botters. The rest of the people who bot, just. . .don't care about them.

The legits left will never do what is needed to turn people on to not botting
Such as:
-making awesome parties Venus style all the way to cap

-partying legitly with those who don't and showing them that it is actually faster to level without botting and BEING POLITE AND NICE ABOUT IT

-Partying correctly at the appropriate level mobs: I have not seen a legit pt yet where they knew the best places to level, and bring on insane lures on top of that(Ask GoldStriKe and MeteorStrike about that. . .especially MeteorStrike, he's the king of making rediculously awesome parties. . .too bad he stopped playing a LONG time ago)

-Getting rid of that "Us vs Them" attitude: I was listening to some dude in Ninjutsu brag in all chat to someone else about now that they have FW everyone wants to join, but they are "pathetic botters" and "legits have finally caught up and own everybody because we have more skill blah blah blah"---->when it turns out that the guild pretty much unioned with all of the other bot guilds that still played after the server's population dropped by 60+% including unioning with the guilds that won the first + second week's fw which means they have a huge advantage gold wise etc etc. . .meaning the constant unwarranted bragging and putting down people who may be interested in being "legit" instead just turns them away as they'd think "legits" are all assholes.

-simply not being asshats. . .as its waaay too hard for most of the legits that still play sro to just be nice to people and try to convert them by example. I mean when has anyone here been inspired to do ANYTHING a different way when someone was constantly putting them down?

No the military doesn't count that's "Motivation"

Inspiration is different

To Motivate someone is to try to get someone to do what they don't want to do

To INSPIRE someone is to get someone to WANT to do what they thought they previously didn't want to do. Big difference. You recruit people to the "cause" by inspiring them.

You make enemies of people by trying to "Motivate" them. A lot of people get those concepts totally mixed up. So no, it's not really "legits" vs Bots thing as it is "players with horrible social skills pissing off anyone they can."

AND THEN once all the botters are gone. . .the "legits" TURN ON THEMSELVES! So no. I don't think anything short of making a brand new game will even get close to tackle the issues that cause all of the problems with this game. I mean the amount of work needed to correct Joymax's failures in basic game design would require 100+ team members to just work on a new game.

(new games which I already play haha.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm 

Bananaman wrote:
Such as:
I always try to make awesome pts no matter what cap. =)

-partying legitly with those who don't and showing them that it is actually faster to level without botting and BEING POLITE AND NICE ABOUT IT
I often tried inlcuding foreign peoples in pts but somehow they either don't want to learn or just keep on botting -_-. It's often a pain in the a** to explain basic things to people over and over and over again ... in the end they still aren't doing it "right"

-Partying correctly at the appropriate level mobs: I have not seen a legit pt yet where they knew the best places to level, and bring on insane lures on top of that(Ask GoldStriKe and MeteorStrike about that. . .especially MeteorStrike, he's the king of making rediculously awesome parties. . .too bad he stopped playing a LONG time ago)
You're not the only one missing him haha but well, I'd say my pts aren't too bad either (in fact I always try to get the max out of my pts :sohappy: .

-Getting rid of that "Us vs Them" attitude: I was listening to some dude in Ninjutsu brag in all chat to someone else about now that they have FW everyone wants to join, but they are "pathetic botters" and "legits have finally caught up and own everybody because we have more skill blah blah blah"---->when it turns out that the guild pretty much unioned with all of the other bot guilds that still played after the server's population dropped by 60+% including unioning with the guilds that won the first + second week's fw which means they have a huge advantage gold wise etc etc. . .meaning the constant unwarranted bragging and putting down people who may be interested in being "legit" instead just turns them away as they'd think "legits" are all assholes.
I don't really understand your point here, sorry. Do you mean that Ninjitsu is in union with bot guilds. Personally I do NOT like that, but that's probably just me. I'd prefer a pure legit guild/union. I hate large unions anyway.

-simply not being asshats. . .as its waaay too hard for most of the legits that still play sro to just be nice to people and try to convert them by example. I mean when has anyone here been inspired to do ANYTHING a different way when someone was constantly putting them down?
I always try to be polite to other players ... but yea that's not always possible when I meet some stubborn bots. In fact I do not often talk to other "players" (bots) ingame lol.

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:59 pm 

Valkyria wrote:
Bananaman wrote:
Such as:
I always try to make awesome pts no matter what cap. =)

I often tried inlcuding foreign peoples in pts but somehow they either don't want to learn or just keep on botting -_-. It's often a pain in the a** to explain basic things to people over and over and over again ... in the end they still aren't doing it "right"

You're not the only one missing him haha but well, I'd say my pts aren't too bad either (in fact I always try to get the max out of my pts :sohappy: .

I don't really understand your point here, sorry. Do you mean that Ninjitsu is in union with bot guilds. Personally I do NOT like that, but that's probably just me. I'd prefer a pure legit guild/union. I hate large unions anyway.

I always try to be polite to other players ... but yea that's not always possible when I meet some stubborn bots. In fact I do not often talk to other "players" (bots) ingame lol.

Oi valk , on wich sv you playing at ?

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 pm 

Myth still.

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:08 pm 

Valkyria wrote:
Myth still.

mehh i have 2 sec delay unplayble for me

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:12 am 

sibiumarius wrote:
Valkyria wrote:
Myth still.

mehh i have 2 sec delay unplayble for me

Yeah I had that too, I was thinking of just playing the weekly fw for whatever side is the underdog, but no fking way with the delay like that.

@Valk Edit, I take that back. you're part of the problem also. I just took a look at the forums since I can't log in and was looking for any updates on why. . .and I saw a lot of yoru forum comments. Pretty much fueling the fire of "legit" vs bot.

When you union with bots, use them to help you win fw (the last two fw winners were in the union and they bot of course) and it comes down to the last minutes of fw (I'm assuming since everyone on the enemy side "got dced" or whatever)

You can't say stuff like that and not been seen as a douchebag. I mean ever heard of jstu winning gracefully? or "if you don't have anything nice/constructiev to say don't say it"? I don't understand how snarky comments like that on forums is going to all of a sudden convince people to stop botting. I mean it would make MOER sense to be super cool about it and maybe even try to have some empathy with others so they aren't annoyed with you.

THEN you can use the sweet honey of "not being an ass" or "not making douchey comments on forums" to warm up to you guys. if you guys dropped that bots vs non bots crap, and just didn't bot andnot worry abotu other people who do(I looked at the forums and its pretty bad) MOER people would be like "hmm maybe bots aren't the way to go"? "Maybe there's something to this" etc etc. but when you make silly comments obviously looking down on people. you're just going to get "FacK FeMBloR FaCk AvAlAoR" and they are just going to bot harder rather than start playing like you guys.

It's not that hard guys, seriously. since th erates are really reasonable its pretty easy to create venues type havens on P-servers. but first you guys gotta stop being douche bags and ALLOW people to become intrested with the concept of not using bots. Instead of making them want to subscribe to the "bot harder to beat the douchey guild" syndrome.

You might not understand all that so I'mm make it simple:

WHenever you make a post/type in the global/all chat say to yourself: "Is this comment/sentence/phrase/whatever I'm about to make something that would make botters curious about non botting and want to try it? Or will it just piss them off/annoy them/make them "mad"/etc.?

THEN decide whether to continue with that sentence or not.

If your comment isn't in the first catagory, then. . .you're part of the problem.

Last edited by Bananaman on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:01 am 
Elite Member

People still care about legits vs bots?

People need to go outside some time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:15 am 
Veteran Member

.curve wrote:
People still care about legits vs bots?

People need to go outside some time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:25 am 
Forum God

I don't really care.

Though, I do prefer actually playing with people, instead of a program.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:15 pm 
Addicted Member

C7 again -.-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:05 pm 

I heard the delay was gone and I went to log in finally after a not being on in a long while. . .

Can't log in again.

Now I dont see this server lasting the week if this keeps up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:48 am 
Valued Member

bananaman sure types a lot...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:14 pm 
Forum God

Its funny, I've never had problems logging in. Probably because I have a vip login for silk whores.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next