Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: The perfect private server.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:15 pm 
Forum God

Let us discuss.

What do you want from a private server? Not talking about making one, but if you could join one, what would appeal to you?

For me, it'd be 80, 90, or 100 cap with euros (Euro party play <3)

Ip restrictions on botting (Having a populated server with no botting is impossible)

5x or 10x rates (Depending if it were 100 cap or 80 cap)

FGW, medusa raids. (Medusa could be edited if it was like an 80 cap server)

Limited Turk population. I'm fine with a few turks here and there, but if their the majority, I don't like it.

And yeah, what are your thoughts?

Post subject: Re: The perfect private server.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:16 pm 
Frequent Member

Couldn't care less what cap it would be or rates as long as there is a GIANT HAMMER in the SKY banning any bot. For the rest
A stable server that doesn't make skill changes every week etc etc

Content ofcourse something you can do with the guild that is rewarding FGW's and medussa's are great BA and CTF is nice aswell the job system doesn't really matter to me that much

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:24 pm 
Forum God

I just dislike caps that have Seal of Nova BS in them. Seal of nova, sun, etc, ruin the game and never should've been added.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:28 pm 
Frequent Member

Tasdik wrote:
I just dislike caps that have Seal of Nova BS in them. Seal of nova, sun, etc, ruin the game and never should've been added.

I think Sox etc are ok if they remain EXTREMLY RARE just like the most you'll have is 1 or 2 pieces of gear

I remember in Aege 80 cap having a +7 was really special and a sun piece to! before poeple starting running around with 30 gold bots farming the shit outa everything.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 pm 
Forum God

Those were the days.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:38 pm 
Frequent Member

Fuq yea i remember 80 cap me running with a +7 glaive kush with a +9 glaive slaughtering everything at FW together around 300 kills lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 pm 
Elite Member

Cap 70, something oldschool, no euro, max 5x rates, increased quest rewards and decreased conditions, higher job rewards. These are some things we are doing as well. Also, no turks or bots, active jobbing and other activities etc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:05 pm 
Frequent Member

Sanktum wrote:
Cap 70, something oldschool, no euro, max 5x rates, increased quest rewards and decreased conditions, higher job rewards. These are some things we are doing as well. Also, no turks or bots, active jobbing and other activities etc.

Just like Salvation was. :D Too bad there are not enough legits these days for a server like this to succeed.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:18 pm 
Elite Member

Bartic wrote:
Sanktum wrote:

Just like Salvation was. :D Too bad there are not enough legits these days for a server like this to succeed.

Not in the end though. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:33 pm 

no more sro. no more pservers. ITS OVER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:38 pm 
Frequent Member

Sanktum wrote:
Bartic wrote:
Sanktum wrote:

Not in the end though. :D

Yeah, I played until the end. Only thing I regret now is that I didn't have time to use those 1.2k elixir I farmed. Could've made OP immo set.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 pm 
Loyal Member

jobbing and battle arena as the main game activities, not grinding, so that whoever wants to bot will just get stones, gold and non sealed drops.
cap's armor would have higher defence value, while weapons stay the same, to eliminate the 1 hit fight.
deadly skills like dare devil and prick consume 50% HP, wizards barrier last for 45 sec, and they become vulnerable to phy attacks for 15 sec only, life control becomes as fast casting as Dagger Desperate, higher reward for thieves activity, no unique summon spam events, titles earned by reaching job level 6 and 7
academy buffs obtained through pvp weekly event... that's all I could think of for now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:02 pm 
Frequent Member

Crysis wrote:
jobbing and battle arena as the main game activities, not grinding, so that whoever wants to bot will just get stones, gold and non sealed drops.
cap's armor would have higher defence value, while weapons stay the same, to eliminate the 1 hit fight.
deadly skills like dare devil and prick consume 50% HP, wizards barrier last for 45 sec, and they become vulnerable to phy attacks for 15 sec only, life control becomes as fast casting as Dagger Desperate, higher reward for thieves activity, no unique summon spam events, titles earned by reaching job level 6 and 7
academy buffs obtained through pvp weekly event... that's all I could think of for now.

Come and play with us on Creddy Loki, GW2 ain't that fun. :)

Good ideas though.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:25 am 

"Perfect" server for me would be:

General server info:
- Chinese only 60/70/80/100 cap or Euro only 80/90/100 cap

About items:
- No SUN items or at least not at the last degree
- More difficult alchemy! Yes, +5 should be difficult, +7 should be for demi-gods and +9 for gods.
- Several different end gear items (So for example even if the cap is 80, players could be running around in 8D/9D/10D/Egypt gear/etc... but all with the same stats of course. Just for different looks.)
- No arrows/bolts/pots/tablets/alchemy material drops from mobs
- Stones drop from mobs, but not 0% ones (or rarely)
- Bigger stacks for items like potions/elixirs/stones/...

About the economy:
- Low drop rates for gold (and either a low drop rate for items or a low sale value)

About the community:
- No bots would be awesome obviously, but unfortunately impossible. So some form of limitation should be made against botters. Unfortunately IP limit won't help much.

About the world area:
- Small "active map", but large "grind map". "Active map" is the part that can be used for jobbing etc. Maybe only the Jangan and Donwhang areas. With "grind map" I mean caves that aren't really part of the active map. The grind area (especially near cap) should be large enough for everyone to be able to grind in peace.
- Maybe a cave with very difficult mobs where only a legit euro party could survive, so that bots will stay away from there.
- Only the DW fortress should be open

Miscellaneous:
- Old style PvP capes!!!
- Limiting which levels can attack an unique (Impossible to do, but it would be awesome.)
- No Devil Spirit, Premium, Astral, Immortal, 20% att/def scrolls

And there's a lot more of course, but I should get some work done for now while Loki is under update. lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:28 am 

Old salvation style but with 80 cap sorta serwer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 am 
Elite Member

Natsuyo wrote:
Miscellaneous:
- Old style PvP capes!!!
- Limiting which levels can attack an unique (Impossible to do, but it would be awesome.)
- No Devil Spirit, Premium, Astral, Immortal, 20% att/def scrolls

Old style PvP capes is also hard to do. If you equip them now, they won't work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:58 am 

Here are my ideas:

- no bots ofc
- Cap: Lv 105 or 110 (11 Degree)
- all Areas until Alexandria (pt'ing in Alexandria ♡)
- also maybe raising caps: 80 -> 90 -> 100 -> 105/110 with the original content
- Rates: 3x to 10x (party play server)
- either European chars only but I don't mind having both Eu and Chn
- Sp Rates: reduced but some little farming still should be done
- Battle Arena and Forgotten World (with Egypt Weapons from FGW as top weapons)
- old job system with thieves, hunters and trader plus increased jobbing rewards
- low probability for sox drops (later when you are close to Cap you can farm coins for egy set)
- removed academy system and removed union system -> guilds with max 50 players only
- maybe even remove uniques (TG, Cerb, Uru, Isy, LY, Shaitan) and make unique scrolls that can drop while grinding
- or add level restrictions to the uniques like isro did or have a community like ksro where highs aren't going for low uniques =)
- add teleporters to tomb areas B2, B3 & B4
- change teleport Lv to Alexandria town to Lv 90
- lower some quest requirements (so boring to solo quest and hunt 10000 mobs...)
- only let stones drop, no tablets
- higher stacks for pots, bolts, stones, elixiers,...
- no premium
- no fcking unique events
- no skill editing, leave the skills as they are (cause eu pt= every class has its role, fck 1 vs. 1)

Natsuyo wrote:
- Maybe a cave with very difficult mobs where only a legit euro party could survive, so that bots will stay away from there.

Cave of Mediation from fortresses. Filled with Elite Mobs like a huge never ending pandora box spawn.^^ Those were the days of epic grinding =]

Spoiler!

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:32 pm 

Valkyria wrote:
Here are my ideas:

- no bots ofc
- Cap: Lv 105 or 110 (11 Degree)
- all Areas until Alexandria (pt'ing in Alexandria ♡)
- also maybe raising caps: 80 -> 90 -> 100 -> 105/110 with the original content
- Rates: 3x to 10x (party play server)
- either European chars only but I don't mind having both Eu and Chn
- Sp Rates: reduced but some little farming still should be done
- Battle Arena and Forgotten World (with Egypt Weapons from FGW as top weapons)
- old job system with thieves, hunters and trader plus increased jobbing rewards
- low probability for sox drops (later when you are close to Cap you can farm coins for egy set)
- removed academy system and removed union system -> guilds with max 50 players only
- maybe even remove uniques (TG, Cerb, Uru, Isy, LY, Shaitan) and make unique scrolls that can drop while grinding
- or add level restrictions to the uniques like isro Zelos Online (private server) did or have a community like ksro where highs aren't going for low uniques =)
- add teleporters to tomb areas B2, B3 & B4
- change teleport Lv to Alexandria town to Lv 90
- lower some quest requirements (so boring to solo quest and hunt 10000 mobs...)
- only let stones drop, no tablets
- higher stacks for pots, bolts, stones, elixiers,...
- no premium
- no fcking unique events
- no skill editing, leave the skills as they are (cause eu pt= every class has its role, fck 1 vs. 1)

Natsuyo wrote:

Cave of Mediation from fortresses. Filled with Elite Mobs like a huge never ending pandora box spawn.^^ Those were the days of epic grinding =]

Spoiler!

Hehe, Cave of Meditation FTW. It was so much fun on Azteca.

Pretty much this. I added the bold parts in the quote.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:37 pm 

110 cap because it has the most content compared to other caps. (job cave, pharao tomb, forgotten world also medusa/roc could be easily added with some power ups). Server should be focused on PvP. Nova +5 FB gear in npc and 10m SP, also starting lvl 110. Stones in NPC. All that PvP server crap. A weapons could be obtained from FGW and B weapons from Medusa/Roc coins. Immortality/Destruction gear from coins dropped in Tomb. Elixirs could only be bought with arena coins. And of course - no lag. Pretty sure a PvP server like this would attract quite a lot of people and botting wouldn't be that much of a problem since you obtain better gear by killing uniques/participating in BA.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:04 pm 
Frequent Member

70 cap exactly like isro was

no euros
only 8d sos
default or lower sos drop rates
1x rates and mabe 1.5-2x sp rates
old job system (follow low lvls with lightning theifs :D )
dw caves last/highest area

hell just get the files for old 70 cap isro and jobs a goodun

Server: normal
Build: 71 Pure Str Glavie / 74 Pure Int Sword
Quit

New Char Isro Iris Battle Bard/wizard 4x Quit
SwSro next possibly? quit
another attemp at Iris.. quit lvl 60..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:42 pm 
Common Member

8o or 90 cap
not many or no suns at all maybe just sos/som
good community
no gm corruption
pt play and both eu and chn so that it keeps pvp fresh
sp rates higher than exp rates
cheap silk and item mall prices

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:06 pm 
Valued Member

Tasdik wrote:
Let us discuss.

What do you want from a private server? Not talking about making one, but if you could join one, what would appeal to you?

Ip restrictions on botting (Having a populated server with no botting is impossible)

Limited Turk population. I'm fine with a few turks here and there, but if their the majority, I don't like it.

Your idea is similar to what I was thinking.
Give me a 100% legit 80/90/100 cap server with some extra end-game activities and I'm set. I'd like to add a twist and put a cap on the max plus though. Let's say +9 is the max on weapon and +7 on your set/accs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:34 pm 

everyone but me has to grind to cap, I get instant cap and rape everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Suggestions are listed.

--GENERAL PLAY--

Make the level cap low, say 60.

Skill cap 240 (4 tree)

Make the item cap low, say 7x.

Prefer CHN only

Jobbing @ level 1.

The ONLY way to get pure gold will be through jobbing. ITEM cannot be sold to NPC for gold.

The ONLY way to get XP/SP will be through non-job monster killing.

No alchemy materials. Instead, champ/giant/elite/unique have chance to drop stones. No other source of stones.

Elixirs only obtainable through unique. Very rare (2-3 per unique). No other source. Lucky powder purchasable at NPC, but very expensive relative to gold earned.

NO SOX. ABSOLUTE NONE.

Quests are now good! They do give gold, items, xp, etc. Do them!

Wearable equipment only dropping from champ/giant/elite. Due to high labor of gold and rarity, this will encourage bartering rather than purchasing basic item at shop.

No NPC potion. Force class improved. Only drop from champion/giant/elite.

--SPECIFIC BALANCE--

Find way to equalize jobbing reward. If 90% are hunter/trader and 10% thief, give thief 10x reward, or give hunter/trader 1/10x reward. Begin by giving thief more reward.

GREATLY increase short-term buffs. Heuksal, Bicheon MAG/PHY defense buffs in particular.

Increase HP/MP per STR/INT point. Increase PHY/MAG damage per STR/INT point. In combination with above, this will allow for brilliant countering vs heavily imbalanced force.

Increase power of lower level equipment, decrease power of higher level equipment. A level 40 should not be able to take on 15 level 20s and win. Maybe 2, or 3, or 4--not 15.

--BOTTOM LINE--

Every action must have the purpose. Job must be the ONLY way to get pure gold, otherwise no one use job. Party is good for XP. One can kill monster for items, then barter for gold. Thus, many ways to play.

Also, much harder to cap out...+5 weapon is very damn good. Each item is valuable. NPC item is very much suck...trading very good. The jobbing will be insane, unique hunt will be insane.

The only issue I take with the approach is the balance of power. I solve by decreasing the difference between degrees of equipment. Level 40 will still have definite edge vs level 30, but it is not complete domination.

Silkroad has good mechanic for good, social, team gameplay. But it must be utilized appropriately. Forcing ALL play to be done, increases the experience. Simply granting everyone their wishes gets rid of all gameplay--this must be avoided at all costs--remember the Salvation debacle once EGY and ROC introduced.

Hopefully some remnant of Silkroad can survive for a while.

Sincerely, Nanak (2005-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 am 
Common Member

akkon888 wrote:
Suggestions are listed.

--GENERAL PLAY--

Skill cap 240 (4 tree)

Prefer CHN only

Jobbing @ level 1.

The ONLY way to get pure gold will be through jobbing. ITEM cannot be sold to NPC for gold.

No alchemy materials. Instead, champ/giant/elite/unique have chance to drop stones. No other source of stones.

Elixirs only obtainable through unique. Very rare (2-3 per unique). No other source. Lucky powder purchasable at NPC, but very expensive relative to gold earned.

NO SOX. ABSOLUTE NONE.

Wearable equipment only dropping from champ/giant/elite. Due to high labor of gold and rarity, this will encourage bartering rather than purchasing basic item at shop.

--SPECIFIC BALANCE--

Find way to equalize jobbing reward. If 90% are hunter/trader and 10% thief, give thief 10x reward, or give hunter/trader 1/10x reward. Begin by giving thief more reward.

GREATLY increase short-term buffs. Heuksal, Bicheon MAG/PHY defense buffs in particular.

Increase HP/MP per STR/INT point. Increase PHY/MAG damage per STR/INT point. In combination with above, this will allow for brilliant countering vs heavily imbalanced force.

Increase power of lower level equipment, decrease power of higher level equipment. A level 40 should not be able to take on 15 level 20s and win. Maybe 2, or 3, or 4--not 15.

--BOTTOM LINE--

Every action must have the purpose. Job must be the ONLY way to get pure gold, otherwise no one use job. Party is good for XP. One can kill monster for items, then barter for gold. Thus, many ways to play.

Also, much harder to cap out...+5 weapon is very damn good. Each item is valuable. NPC item is very much suck...trading very good. The jobbing will be insane, unique hunt will be insane.

The only issue I take with the approach is the balance of power. I solve by decreasing the difference between degrees of equipment. Level 40 will still have definite edge vs level 30, but it is not complete domination.

Silkroad has good mechanic for good, social, team gameplay. But it must be utilized appropriately. Forcing ALL play to be done, increases the experience. Simply granting everyone their wishes gets rid of all gameplay--this must be avoided at all costs--remember the Salvation debacle once EGY and ROC introduced.

Sincerely, Nanak (2005-)

Pretty sure you would be the only one playing on this server. GL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 am 
Frequent Member

akkon888 wrote:
Suggestions are listed.

--GENERAL PLAY--

Skill cap 240 (4 tree)

Prefer CHN only

Jobbing @ level 1.

NO SOX. ABSOLUTE NONE.

--SPECIFIC BALANCE--

--BOTTOM LINE--

Sincerely, Nanak (2005-)

Most of the poeple want +21365 items and x1236 exp and drop rate. They don't want to invest time in this, they want to be capped in 2 hours and FF in 1 more hour. But I like the ideas, well at least most of your ideas here.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:14 pm 

I'm currently wondering if there is any private server with:
- Rates lower than x15.
- Not overrun by bots and turks.
- Any of the additional things mentioned in the posts above.

Anyone could recommend me something?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:40 pm 

I say keep it simple and fun.

-No bots of any sort. We need at least an even playing field for everyone
-Remove the skill point system. You should automatically get enough to focus on 3 masteries as you level.
-Leveling shouldn't be a grind. Should be able to make a 110 cap within 4 months of moderate play.
-Game should have lots of group quest. Lots of exp bonus for grinding in teams
-Add more group battle modes. I'd like to see formal guild warring on a regular basis
-CTF should have a list of maps to play on. Not just inside Dhangwang cave

Any game's objective should be instant fun. I believe that's the whole nature of gaming anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 am 
Valued Member

Tasdik wrote:
Let us discuss.

Do eeeeeeet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:51 pm 

Tasdik wrote:
Let us discuss.

(Ó_#)ò=(°□°ò)