Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Would you join Salvation if it'd come back
Hell yes! Salvation Reborn! 85%  85%  [ 47 ]
No I'm done with Sro. 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: Re: If Salvation re-opened would you join?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:18 pm 
Elite Member

Gaigemasta wrote:
all I know is if you guys want to return we can rent you guys out a box or two, a lot cheaper than competition too

Can you rent me a box? :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:01 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Revive itttt. I left Salvation for GW2 too, played from BWE1 but a few weeks ago i left...And now im checking forums maybe one mighty server will rise again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:10 pm 
Site Contributor

Sanktum wrote:
Gaigemasta wrote:
all I know is if you guys want to return we can rent you guys out a box or two, a lot cheaper than competition too

Can you rent me a box? :)

Haha if you're interested pm me on prices and specs

Last edited by Gaigemasta on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 pm 

Too bad there's more to a silkroad server than just buying a server and running the files :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:14 am 
Forum Legend

Crysis wrote:
TheDrop wrote:
i doubt even if 30 ppl from srf said they would play the game it would matter, because 30+ people isnt going to run a server

And yea the worst part about salvation was probably the community, which basically sucked out any chance of competition and led to people quitting due to boredom.
The thieving community was awesome though, but very small and weak

Good days!!

yup undoubtedly best thing in the server was jobbing. too bad jobbing activity peaks were few and far between :/

I think if there was some way to restrict unions to 4 guilds and guilds to like 30 members, it would have made the server way more competitive. Guilds like avengers would have been able to start their own union without risking their whole guild dying off in a day. ofc it wasn't possible to code and trying to get a GM to police unions around would have been pretty stupid

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:42 am 
Forum God

Well, on Ludo they managed to get guild size down to like 25 or 30. So even just that would help.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:23 pm 
Elite Member

I will not start quoting people, but some of you mentioned this already so I'll just say that I agree with those who said that:
There are more to running a silkroad server than just the files and the actual server hardware.

It's all about the community. Salvation might have sweet files, which are edited a lot (some like them, some don't), but it doesn't really matter a whole lot.
What it is all about is the community you get going there. I would go as far as saying it's not even as much about end-game content than some say it is.
It ALL comes down to the community. If people are friendly and awesome, the server can keep running for a long time - even if it lacks end-game content.

Now, I'm not saying that end-game content isn't important. Not at all. I am, however, saying that the community is what matters, not how edited the files are, or how strong a DDOS protection you have, or how good your server specs are.

What I want to get down to is, that I doubt Salvation can attract enough people once again to create a long-lasting community.
Every single legit silkroad server already struggles with this, and even though Salvation might get a great management team, I highly doubt it will be enough to keep people there for a long time.

The first few weeks will obviously see a lot of people joining in, but I doubt the community will succeed in the long run.

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:19 pm 
Veteran Member

If the server had enough activity to have 3 active unions, that would be a lot going on to keep it interesting. And people not just flocking to what has power would be nice too.

When the Blackhand union crumbled, everyone was ready to quit. So we did Relentless, and while nobody really expected much from it, and I had the fun job of trying to shove two guilds into one plus keep a union alive, things got interesting again. We grew and gained power, won a FW, and held it for a few solid weeks. But then just like Tasdik said, you get some power and everyone wants to join your union or your guild and leave theirs. People in your current union want more power and question why you reject a guild or members, people outside your union get upset if you accept guilds or people as it weakens things as a reaction. Then Infensus (or whoever our rival union was, i think Infensus) lost its power a while while we were strong for the few weeks, and our union faded out from boredom just like I think theirs might have while we were not strong enough to fight them.

Having activity enough so that a server's life and entertainment doesn't depend on two unions would be key. And coding that didn't leave some builds nearly untouchable so that everyone, once again, runs to what has power and you pretty much see a handful of builds would be helpful too. Active jobbing to keep people wanting to log in and compete, One fort with frequent FWs to make it more than a week-two week activity that if one side doesn't show up it wastes hours of the other groups time. Look back at what the flaws of Salvation were and what people complained about that was relevant to improving it, thats where to start for building it back up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 pm 
Valued Member

hitokiri wrote:
If the server had enough activity to have 3 active unions, that would be a lot going on to keep it interesting. And people not just flocking to what has power would be nice too.

When the Blackhand union crumbled, everyone was ready to quit. So we did Relentless, and while nobody really expected much from it, and I had the fun job of trying to shove two guilds into one plus keep a union alive, things got interesting again. We grew and gained power, won a FW, and held it for a few solid weeks. But then just like Tasdik said, you get some power and everyone wants to join your union or your guild and leave theirs. People in your current union want more power and question why you reject a guild or members, people outside your union get upset if you accept guilds or people as it weakens things as a reaction. Then Infensus (or whoever our rival union was, i think Infensus) lost its power a while while we were strong for the few weeks, and our union faded out from boredom just like I think theirs might have while we were not strong enough to fight them.

Having activity enough so that a server's life and entertainment doesn't depend on two unions would be key. And coding that didn't leave some builds nearly untouchable so that everyone, once again, runs to what has power and you pretty much see a handful of builds would be helpful too. Active jobbing to keep people wanting to log in and compete, One fort with frequent FWs to make it more than a week-two week activity that if one side doesn't show up it wastes hours of the other groups time. Look back at what the flaws of Salvation were and what people complained about that was relevant to improving it, thats where to start for building it back up.

very well said

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:49 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i would cumm............. all over ur server

( ^_____^ )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:25 pm 
Valued Member

lies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:51 pm 
Frequent Member

Is that the real Funny_Bunny?

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 pm 
Valued Member

why bumplar this thread when theres another one with it happening >.<