Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Venture - 85 Cap\Skill Extensions\Set System\Ancient Skills
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 am 
Forum God

They each have their advantages, and disadvantages.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:09 am 

Flame aura affect trans pets.

What are your plans about next updates? We need something to refresh the gameplay.. people are really bored.

And could you explain me the issue with BA? It works fine, bur reward is wrong and random BA is too short.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:03 pm 

Warspawn wrote:
which server is better / more active / has more srf peoples?

This or myth?

Myth: High cap, bots allowed
Venture: low cap, botting not possible (so in theory 100% of the players are real players, thus active)

Labrys wrote:
Flame aura affect trans pets.

What are your plans about next updates? We need something to refresh the gameplay.. people are really bored.

And could you explain me the issue with BA? It works fine, bur reward is wrong and random BA is too short.

We are aware of the ancient skills working on trans pets, they are also just mobs (could be fixed by adding more hp, but that would mess up the balance even more).

I'll check BA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:11 am 

Great event, but in my oppinion this shouldn't be just a event. I'd suggest keep gold coins as drop (drop rate is just as it have to be) and when you fix BA increase ring price to 200coins.
And FGW should have chance of immortal stones. And for weekend you could just increase drop chance. Not everyone is able to play during the weekend you shouldn't forget that...adding something unique as event is as bad as good.

About gear idea is it possible to do something like egy gear in alexandria. With some strong ancient spawning twice a day in fixed hour with 1 required item for the part and holy water temple with another required item for the part and do not add bonuses. Socket system might help the bonuses connected with another activity.

Another idea is to add stones for stun resist, curse reduse , etc and connect em with another required item from gatekeeper or another strong ancient.

And what happened with our keys? We still got only 1 key from gatekeeper.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:49 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Alexandria unique's will be added to the jobcave soon ^^ wich will drop gold coins for the rings ^^

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:06 pm 

This looks good.. going to try it out :)

but on what server?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:03 pm 

Markoes1990 wrote:
This looks good.. going to try it out :)

Pls. Havent seen you here for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:22 pm 

There's pretty much no activity when I played...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:44 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

We have added 3 new unique's to the jobcave. As a new way to farm gold coins

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Looks like the unique's are quite popular
Spoiler!

Further, Anybody who registers this weekend! gets a different avatar!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:06 am 

What the hell happened?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:44 am 
Forum God

?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:50 pm 

Can we get an update on what's happening?
People left for a rumour that might not even be true.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:22 pm 
Loyal Member

what rumor? And im still here :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:43 am 
Common Member

That filthy pker Kush told everyone server rent ends in 2 weeks, and gm's wont pay for next month.
Oh well, Venture 3.0 next year I guess xD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:44 am 
Forum God

Now, I know nothing about the status' of Venture.

But, if the server was going to die, why would they still be making updates?

Doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:29 pm 
Loyal Member

well with so many people quitting, i might as well ask... anyone have female robes I can have? :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:06 am 

_Bisu_ wrote:
That filthy pker Kush told everyone server rent ends in 2 weeks, and gm's wont pay for next month.

I wonder why people actually believe a random player, he has no way of knowing this, nor can anyone know except for qynchou and me.

Moral of the story: don't listen to strangers :palm:

We're still discussing what we're going to do now, there is little point in keeping it online if 99% of the players already quit. We're not ever going to open Venture V3, that's the only fact I can give you right now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:40 am 
Common Member

Atibu wrote:
_Bisu_ wrote:

I wonder why people actually believe a random player, he has no way of knowing this, nor can anyone know except for qynchou and me.

Moral of the story: don't listen to strangers :palm:

We're still discussing what we're going to do now, there is little point in keeping it online if 99% of the players already quit. We're not ever going to open Venture V3, that's the only fact I can give you right now.

That was this mysterious rumor, was it true? probably not. We can always track down Kush and hang him by his balls.

To be fair population was low since beginning. You guys got like 3 times less people first day than first day of venture 1.0. For me right there it was obvious that it wont last long. Sticking with this legit and no p2w model is admirable, but it just wont work anymore.

I had lots of fun on both ventures, it's shame they both end this way. You deserve way more than this, for your hard work and dedication.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:28 am 

You could have prevented this, though. Everyone was talking about it in-game and no one came on to clear things up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:05 pm 
Loyal Member

hm if server is still here, can you guys come back? :D gold coins work, i bought myself a nice set of power rings lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:21 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Atibu wrote:

Well,you could share your thoughts/ideas about what are you planning to do.I think the server's community is mature enough to handle such discussion,right?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:11 pm 
Loyal Member

I dont know how much it'll help, but we got enough people to do a monster scroll pt today :D and 3 new players joined server lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:38 pm 

Marshal wrote:
Atibu wrote:

Well,you could share your thoughts/ideas about what are you planning to do.I think the server's community is mature enough to handle such discussion,right?

Having seen what happened on venture some days ago I'm really starting to doubt that (atleast a part of) the community is mature enough for anything. Either way, I don't really see much options for venture, people will never play on a legit server, this is a simple fact (I think recent events have made this clear, we have made the best pserver by far in terms of stability and features, I have yet to see anyone come close, so I don't really think it is actually possible to do it better). We're never going to make a bot allowed venture, so I think it's time for us to leave the section and let the 542nd ludoworks clone appear to make a quick buck of non-suspecting players, I guess that's what people want nowadays, right?

I guess venture will close when the rent is due, see it as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

We're gonna leave SRO to find something better, we might sell the files (without user info) if we can find a decent candidate (who can follow our philosophy and can guarantee the same stability) in the near future, in case we can't find anyone decent, though luck for the sro community, I guess it will end up like all other MMOs, the perfect moneycow :)

Let's remember the good times we had on venture, I'll be checking the section regularly to see if there is a pserver that can come close to what we had, it's still quite funny to see that no single other pserver has managed to patch all the exploits/bugs, after all these years :sohappy:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:13 pm 
Forum God

Sad to see you go, yet not unexpected.

No pserver will ever really last when there's so many to choose from.

The reason Zszc, or hell, even Esro were so popular is because they had little to no competition.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:56 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Atibu wrote:
Having seen what happened on venture some days ago I'm really starting to doubt that (atleast a part of) the community is mature enough for anything. Either way, I don't really see much options for venture, people will never play on a legit server, this is a simple fact (I think recent events have made this clear, we have made the best pserver by far in terms of stability and features, I have yet to see anyone come close, so I don't really think it is actually possible to do it better). We're never going to make a bot allowed venture, so I think it's time for us to leave the section and let the 542nd ludoworks clone appear to make a quick buck of non-suspecting players, I guess that's what people want nowadays, right?

I guess venture will close when the rent is due, see it as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

We're gonna leave SRO to find something better, we might sell the files (without user info) if we can find a decent candidate (who can follow our philosophy and can guarantee the same stability) in the near future, in case we can't find anyone decent, though luck for the sro community, I guess it will end up like all other MMOs, the perfect moneycow :)

Let's remember the good times we had on venture, I'll be checking the section regularly to see if there is a pserver that can come close to what we had, it's still quite funny to see that no single other pserver has managed to patch all the exploits/bugs, after all these years :sohappy:

It's not about people don't want to play on a legit server,it's far beyond that.Let's not forget what made veteran players leave, it wasn't about "dead server" or "no new players" ,it was the lack of communication between the players and the management.Many things was promised,many things were discussed.On the other hand,many things were not delivered.

We said we wanted battle arena,you said "okay,we will implement it",but i don't recall it even running for once,it was always bugged.
We said we want some more events because after Lv85 it becomes boring,you brought a support who only does unique events once a week.I used to ran a PvP server before (no bots),and I know what does it mean when there were no events,players were logging in only for events.
People love pvp events (myself included),unique events became a way to plvl your new alt and that's it.
We kept making suggestions to the staff,and the answer was either sarcastic or just saying "NO" without any reason(s).

Not to mention that some players have offered you help through PM and you just ignored it,you had nothing to lose if you just listened,right?nobody asked you for free stuff or a position in the team.

Personally,I'm aware that there will not be a server out there that resembles Venture, and it's sad to see it going away just like that.However,leaving SRO is not the ideal solution though.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever game you move to,and I hope that my post has given you something to think about.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:07 pm 
Loyal Member

BA might not work, but CTF did :S not the same but it's pretty much the same to me. Just with the addition of flags. Unless you just wanted to see who could kill more mobs that is. For pvp it's the same to me.

They got gold coins working too which is nice. I saw the GM on daily doing the unique events for a while, until he stopped logging in about 2 weeks ago. Only thing that bugged me about it was that I wasn't on during the one time of day it happened often.

all sro servers have no endgame content really :S once you cap out, you're just left to pimp out gear over and over. I mean the game doesn't require you to do anything once you are capped. Doing FGW might be a nice raid but there isn't enough people on to make a pt for it, and rewards aren't much better than soloing it :( like make ancient weapons only from the hardest FGW's end boss. So people are forced to go to it if they want it

but it looks like they made up their mind about this :(, good run while it lasted

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:38 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Marshal wrote:
Atibu wrote:

It's not about people don't want to play on a legit server,it's far beyond that.Let's not forget what made veteran players leave, it wasn't about "dead server" or "no new players" ,it was the lack of communication between the players and the management.Many things was promised,many things were discussed.On the other hand,many things were not delivered.

We said we wanted battle arena,you said "okay,we will implement it",but i don't recall it even running for once,it was always bugged.
We said we want some more events because after Lv85 it becomes boring,you brought a support who only does unique events once a week.I used to ran a PvP server before (no bots),and I know what does it mean when there were no events,players were logging in only for events.
People love pvp events (myself included),unique events became a way to plvl your new alt and that's it.
We kept making suggestions to the staff,and the answer was either sarcastic or just saying "NO" without any reason(s).

Not to mention that some players have offered you help through PM and you just ignored it,you had nothing to lose if you just listened,right?nobody asked you for free stuff or a position in the team.

Personally,I'm aware that there will not be a server out there that resembles Venture, and it's sad to see it going away just like that.However,leaving SRO is not the ideal solution though.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever game you move to,and I hope that my post has given you something to think about.

Cheers

Communication lacked? the team communicated through me and i communicated back to the players. I took every suggestion and i took time to listen to every suggestion. However some suggestions where not possible or simply STUPID. We did not make any promises including me. the only thing that didn't work out was BA. wich we found a solution for.

I spend allot of my times doing events 3x times a week atleast. Yes only unique events WHY ? because all i got doing other events was complaints. people expecting Immortals ? or Som's as prize for hide and seek !? or more then 30 elixers for an QUESTIONARE event ? i did 2 pvp events. and in both half the players didn't show. as for the PVP events. you know how many people kept asking for it ? 3. so no not the entire server wanted PVP events.

And people need to learn that TAKING suggestions doesn't mean we'll do them.
after being a GA at venture i've realised its not the game thats broken. Its the community thats broken and rotten to the core. Personally its the last server i'l play on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:57 pm 
Frequent Member

@Darough

You seem polite when you answer when anyone pm's you with suggestion, yet you ignore 80% of the PM's, you could simply reply "I will relay the suggestion to the admin" but you ignore most of the times, I often PM' you with bugs and suggestions and you only reply like 1/5 times, don't you say that the community is rotten, by far Venture have the most mature community than any pserver combined.

there were some things that got implemented a little too late, it was there from the start, it would have been a better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:11 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

jyushinshuu wrote:
@Darough

You seem polite when you answer when anyone pm's you with suggestion, yet you ignore 80% of the PM's, you could simply reply "I will relay the suggestion to the admin" but you ignore most of the times, I often PM' you with bugs and suggestions and you only reply like 1/5 times, don't you say that the community is rotten, by far Venture have the most mature community than any pserver combined.

there were some things that got implemented a little too late, it was there from the start, it would have been a better.

Do you know how many pm's i get? and how much i get spammed? when i answer i take my time. i've said time and time again if i'm not answering you need to throw your suggestion in your mailbox. But i won't simply say to a player " i will relay the suggestion to the admin" without actually listening and discussing the suggestion
And your stance on saying that venture has a mature community might be different if you see the PM's i get. 95% of the suggestions are pure self interest and nothing more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:13 pm 
Loyal Member

I thought he did a decent job :S he shouldn't have to send a thank you card for every idea/pm people get either, that's not how you run any type of communication. I liked how he helped spawn MS mobs for pt when we didn't have enough scrolls :) but unique hunts, pvp, hide and seek not really my thing. I would rather just have a big grind pt and not everyone hitting 1,2,3 on a unique with high hp. But he tried and I don't really hold it against him that I didn't participate since I didn't really need those.

Though, that's where my sticking up for him ends :D he did as good a job as I've seen any GA, I just don't like how he blames community for it :S. It's like a company blames consumers for not buying enough... it isn't our obligation to buy into venture, or get people. For me, it should have been venture guys who found ways to advertise, get people onto server. Sure they did a good job making it, but that doesn't mean their job ends there :S.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next