Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Silkroad 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:00 pm 
Frequent Member

I know there already is a thread about SRO2, but I don't know if the OP is active anymore and thus if he could update the first post. I was just browsing Epvpers, and there was this thread about SRO2. It seems that it is confirmed (I don't if this is true). Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler!

Pics #2:
Spoiler!

Some more information:

Quote:
04/09/2013 - Pictures confirmed real as of srocn.com

04/09/2013 - ?????2??????????-????R-???? ????? -???? - Says you can use old iSRO accounts on SRO 2. (hinting to closure of sro 1 when sro 2 opens?

http://ol.tgbus.com/news/csxw/201308/1405650.shtml

Would you try it?

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bartic on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Silkroad 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:13 pm 

Graphically that looks kinda not that bad. Gameplay wise, I'm sure it'll still be awful

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:15 pm 
Frequent Member

It looks like skill system isn't the same as SRO. I would definitely at least try this.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:37 pm 
Elite Member

This does look legit. I notice the berserker gauge and the design of the minimap is similar. But the UI looks bad imo. Graphics do remind me of SRO's graphics. Don't know what's up with the upside down pyramid though. :D The HP amounts are kinda ridiculous for a lvl60 character. Looks like the cap is 60 atm, just the way CSRO started. KSRO had way lower caps though. It's interesting that we haven't gotten anything from the korean version yet. The pics seem to have european characters in them on some pics but if I understand the notice correctly the test phase will have only Chinese in the beginning.

This is weird though:
Quote:
At the same time, Zhuo ETS continues consultations with world-mode technology, in the hope of the original "Silkroad" Users can "Silkroad 2" to continue to use the original account (the test period must activate).

I don't see how they could have some sort of transfer there. I suppose we will be able to use the same accs but the characters shouldn't be transferable imo. I'd much rather start from the bottom again because otherwise the current state of SRO would be preserved ingame which is bad.

What I also found interesting:
Quote:
"Silkroad 2 ", the commercial trade abound, tea, silk and porcelain Datang circulation of goods to Central Asia, and Western Persian spice trade to Datang jewelry , each caravan , all represent a huge benefit . Players in the game , you can choose bodyguard and swept off two camps, personal bodyguard to protect the caravan to get through the experience and equipment, swept off to get through a lot of property looted caravan . What is the selection order guardian caravan , or lose everything looted wealth , justice, evil is only an idea in the player .

This kinda sounds like there will be actual trading again. Like a real TCF. This gives me hope.

And this:
Quote:
"Silkroad 2" offers an open copy of the system dynamics . Dynamic replication and dynamic difficulty level design, can match different players combined to provide a balanced type , equipment type and a copy of Stone type three categories , general , hell and nightmares three difficulty levels . In addition , dynamic replication using a random map generator , players enter each copy of the content is different, every time there is a new challenge experience.

I don't know what this is, but it seems interesting.

But this is big news. So it's not that far away after all. I'm still hoping for WASD. Also I noticed there wasn't any skillbar on the bottom. I wonder what's up with that. The engine seems to be rather good aswell judging by the article. Oh and I'm hoping they keep the mastery system. I don't like classes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:47 pm 
Frequent Member

Sanktum wrote:
This does look legit. I notice the berserker gauge and the design of the minimap is similar. But the UI looks bad imo. Graphics do remind me of SRO's graphics. Don't know what's up with the upside down pyramid though. :D The HP amounts are kinda ridiculous for a lvl60 character. Looks like the cap is 60 atm, just the way CSRO started. KSRO had way lower caps though. It's interesting that we haven't gotten anything from the korean version yet. The pics seem to have european characters in them on some pics but if I understand the notice correctly the test phase will have only Chinese in the beginning.

I think kSRO started with cap 60, too.

Quote:
This is weird though:
Quote:
At the same time, Zhuo ETS continues consultations with world-mode technology, in the hope of the original "Silkroad" Users can "Silkroad 2" to continue to use the original account (the test period must activate).

I don't see how they could have some sort of transfer there. I suppose we will be able to use the same accs but the characters shouldn't be transferable imo. I'd much rather start from the bottom again because otherwise the current state of SRO would be preserved ingame which is bad.

Probably just an account, I don't think characters or items are transferable.

Quote:
What I also found interesting:
Quote:
"Silkroad 2 ", the commercial trade abound, tea, silk and porcelain Datang circulation of goods to Central Asia, and Western Persian spice trade to Datang jewelry , each caravan , all represent a huge benefit . Players in the game , you can choose bodyguard and swept off two camps, personal bodyguard to protect the caravan to get through the experience and equipment, swept off to get through a lot of property looted caravan . What is the selection order guardian caravan , or lose everything looted wealth , justice, evil is only an idea in the player .

This kinda sounds like there will be actual trading again. Like a real TCF. This gives me hope.

I think the last picture in first spoiler shows trading. There is elephant and there is a character that appears to be attacking the elephant.

Quote:
And this:
Quote:
"Silkroad 2" offers an open copy of the system dynamics . Dynamic replication and dynamic difficulty level design, can match different players combined to provide a balanced type , equipment type and a copy of Stone type three categories , general , hell and nightmares three difficulty levels . In addition , dynamic replication using a random map generator , players enter each copy of the content is different, every time there is a new challenge experience.

I don't know what this is, but it seems interesting.

Same here.

Quote:
But this is big news. So it's not that far away after all. I'm still hoping for WASD. Also I noticed there wasn't any skillbar on the bottom. I wonder what's up with that. The engine seems to be rather good aswell judging by the article. Oh and I'm hoping they keep the mastery system. I don't like classes.

I hope for WASD too, and I don't like classes. This skill system would be good if SRO2 would feature WASD movement.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:59 pm 

Bartic wrote:
I know there already is a thread about SRO2, but I don't know if the OP is active anymore and thus if he could update the first post. I was just browsing Epvpers, and there was this thread about SRO2. It seems that it is confirmed (I don't if this is true). Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler!

Pics #2:
Spoiler!

Some more information:

Quote:
04/09/2013 - Pictures confirmed real as of srocn.com

04/09/2013 - ?????2??????????-????R-???? ????? -???? - Says you can use old iSRO accounts on SRO 2. (hinting to closure of sro 1 when sro 2 opens?

http://ol.tgbus.com/news/csxw/201308/1405650.shtml

Would you try it?

Thats what blizzard gave us for diablo 3 :) they released the game after 5 years :)

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:06 pm 
Elite Member

http://news.766.com/2013zh/2013-09/04/2120444.shtml

Quote:
Of course, it's dynamic loading and dynamic scenes seamless seamless distributed server architecture will also allow "Silkroad 2" has a super large seamless map for players to show full-size Perfect Silk Road!

Does this mean that it's one big map without loading?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 pm 

this looks preeeetttty sweet, definitely gonna try it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:11 pm 
Frequent Member

sibiumarius wrote:
Thats what blizzard gave us for diablo 3 :) they released the game after 5 years :)

Let's hope this one will be different. :)

Sanktum wrote:
http://news.766.com/2013zh/2013-09/04/2120444.shtml

Quote:
Of course, it's dynamic loading and dynamic scenes seamless seamless distributed server architecture will also allow "Silkroad 2" has a super large seamless map for players to show full-size Perfect Silk Road!

Does this mean that it's one big map without loading?

I don't know, could be. We'll just have to wait for more details.

Link to the Epvpers thread, so you can follow: http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/privat ... ssion.html

P. S. I like that giant sword and that staff a lot. Looks cool.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 pm 

looks cool, it would be nice if they followed the new business model of micro transactions (league of Legends style) instead of raising the cap every 6 months until it takes 50,001 years to cap.

The coudl sell different looking transports, theif, hunter, and trading suits, regular avatars and skins, those giant behemoths for trading, and diffrent skins of those. . .(Imagine trading on some giant land-dragon snake thing, that would be rediculously awesome.) Peopel WILL buy stuff like that, and really all you need to do is hire the artists, to pump out new cosmetic content every two weeks, and you have yourself a business. . .if I were rich, I would do that, just make a copy of it (that has enough changes to be "legally different") and just do that. it would be amazing :)

they'd never have to raise the level cap again. the only grind would be getting enouh money to by those cosmetic items which people would sell for money. they could just take out pots entirely, and have grinding be only done on a team basis ala guild wars style. they could sell all KINDS of stuff. . .they could have it so that if you get the last level weapon set (which isn't that much powerful that the next to last set, but takes a bit of grind to get) you can customize how that looks too(from buying silk etc)

they obviously have the fan base (and they know this) they have the potential to make something really really amazing.

. . . .but then this is Joymax we're talking about here. . .

3.And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4.You're smiling now because you're an idiot.
5.You soon will forward this to another idiot.
6.There's still a stupid smile on your face.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 pm 
Elite Member

I think this is kind of in the wrong section though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 pm 
Loyal Member

graphics looks disappointing for a 2014 game.
not excited at all

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:55 am 
Site Contributor

I'm glad that the graphics are better because it will keep most developing countries from playing this game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 am 
Common Member

This looks below any modern mmo, now imagine seeing those screens under different title. I would forget about them after 5 min.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am 
Forum God

How could I ever not try Sro2?

#addict4lyfe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 am 

looks like they changed the skill system and killed it for me.. i'm in sro all for the pvp.. it'll be like every other mmo if they change it to how it looks. but it could be just different animations and i'm overreacting..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:14 am 
Valued Member

This looks fucking horrible in every aspect.
Somebody go ahead and get 100% confirmation that this is legit so I can go ahead and just leave this dead game alone for good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:25 am 
Frequent Member

Sanktum wrote:
I think this is kind of in the wrong section though.

It's Other SRO versions, SRO2 is other version of SRO. :D But yeah, I know what you mean, I just posted this here because most of the people on SRF visit this subforum.

They're thinking about people with low specs computers, that's probably why graphics aren't maxed out.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:03 pm 
Banned User

Bad graphics. Low spec? It's 2013, in 2014 a low spec would be at least an i3/i5. Tbh, it looks awfull, however, it might be some pre-alpha shit cuz i've seen the video of alpha sro and it looked awfull.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:12 pm 
Elite Member

That's probably not how it will look like at launch. An MMO doesn't start with the graphics.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:19 pm 
Frequent Member

Flinch wrote:
Bad graphics. Low spec? It's 2013, in 2014 a low spec would be at least an i3/i5. Tbh, it looks awfull, however, it might be some pre-alpha shit cuz i've seen the video of alpha sro and it looked awfull.

Yeah, but not everyone lives in a first world country.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:26 pm 
Elite Member

You have to remember that these are probably alpha-pictures. Remember how alpha/pre-alpha pictures of the current Silkroad version looked?

I'm really excited for this, but I DO hope they keep the mastery system and the skill system. It is part of what makes Silkroad what it is, really :)

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 pm 
Frequent Member

they dont have i3/i5's or beyond in turkey! so go figure lol!

Build 120% Pure Int S/S + Pure Force and 100% sun whore lol

PServer: Salvation - Active
IGN: Hideoki / SuddenDeath - BigInJapan
Build: Full Int Light/Cold/Bich level 70

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 pm 
Loyal Member

lots of people here upgraded to sandy/ivy bridge, but they still don't believe in graphics cards, most computer shops don't even sell them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:41 pm 

Lets QQ about the graphics after we find out if the actual gameplay is any good. Cause im pretty sure most of us didnt leave SRO because of the bad graphics.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:43 pm 
Frequent Member

Aventus wrote:
Lets QQ about the graphics after we find out if the actual gameplay is any good. Cause im pretty sure most of us didnt leave SRO because of the bad graphics.

Word. I never really cared about graphics (but I'd like at least a 3D game), but the gameplay. We all loved triangular conflict, but it was never really profitable on iSRO.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:45 am 
Elite Member

It seems to me that in Silroad 2, Europeans and Chinese characters will be sorta mixed up.
By looking at their website, I got this about classes:

Quote:
Weapons: Sword
Equipment: Heavy Armor
Fighting Style: Today's Knight, has not only a rank or position title. For those with a demon monster battle bravery of the soldiers, people are willing to call them knights because they are truly safeguard the rights of the Roman Empire of faith and existence.

Weapons: Stay tuned!
Equipment: Stay tuned!
Fighting Style: stay tuned!

Weapons: Stay tuned!
Equipment: Stay tuned!
Fighting Style: stay tuned!

Weapons: Staves
Equipment: Light Armor
Fighting style: People in countless blood and tears in only mastered the Master forbidden technique used, but also from the presence of the Master once told Stone Crazy forbidden technique and follow, imperial war machine evolved into an indispensable component. Powerful mage finished Knights unable to complete many tasks, creating endless empire worth.

Weapons: Bow
Equipment: tabard
Fighting Style: come without a trace, go and shadowless, and then silence, retreat trace. In combat, every shot is the ultimate life and death decision. Looks like a dark shadow off the cold, but their empire loyalists, compassion for the world, for the demons of hatred is far better than ordinary people.

Weapons: Pole
Equipment: Armor
Fighting Style: Speaking of Swordsman origins can be traced back to ancient assassin army, it is a good use of ancient art, allied special forces invaded plunder. Wild and uninhibited indulgence is Swordsman their rules of survival on the battlefield. Ancient assassin blood continues to flow now the brilliant Persian

The "Pole" weapon seems like a blade, and the two "Stay Tuned" seems like a rogue and a glaive/two-handed class.

Oh, and also! I don't know if this has been mentioned, but they actually talk about their international strategy here:
Quote:
" Silkroad 2 "Chinese mainland official website will be released in the near future, while the globalization strategy has been launched in Europe, America, Korea, Japan and other countries starting eleven operational cooperation, and to create a world-class cultural masterpiece online. More detailed information, please pay attention to the media follow-up reports. Let us look forward to " Silkroad 2 "formally launched, adding a new chapter of the Silk Road grand!

This shall be interesting :sohappy:

NOTE: WE MAY HAVE A RELEASE DATE RIGHT HERE:
http://www.xskhome.com/zq/slucshuaoa/

It says December 30, 2013!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:44 am 
Elite Member

^Where's the class info?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:40 pm 
Elite Member

I got it all from the official website: http://www.sronew.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:44 pm 
Valued Member

Unless there are NA or middle-east servers, cosmetic item mall, and decent exp rates I won't bother.
P2P with the above would be a win if they banned exploiters/botters...which of course they won't. :giveup: