Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: any 60 cap servers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:23 pm 
Forum God

Are there any good 60 cap servers that aint too unbalanced in terms of exp/drop rates but are also stable

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Post subject: Re: any 60 cap servers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:54 pm 
Common Member

i wish there was a good one too

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:49 pm 
Elite Member

I know of a legit low-rate 80cap server that is in the works.

I'm sure he'll appreciate any ideas you may have as to why it should be 60 cap instead?

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:03 am 
Forum God

nostalgia mostly haha up to 80 cap was fairly balanced though

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:26 am 

I'd like to play this too!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:29 pm 
Elite Member

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
nostalgia mostly haha up to 80 cap was fairly balanced though

I've redirected him to this thread. Don't think he has an SRF account, but if you have any other arguments, I'm sure he'd like to hear them.

He might even be able to start it at 60 cap and then increase to 80 cap over the months.
The only issue is that private servers don't last for several months nowadays.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:28 pm 
Forum God

The main reason i rather 60 over 80+ is because after 70 the curve in terms of exp per kill changes drastically, you can party play or solo to 60 after that it becomes a bit of a job if you want to continue playing solo.

But i found things rather balanced back in 60 cap days a level 55 could kill a level 60 for instance now you cant do stuff as levels mean a lot more in later game

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:23 pm 
Elite Member

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
The main reason i rather 60 over 80+ is because after 70 the curve in terms of exp per kill changes drastically, you can party play or solo to 60 after that it becomes a bit of a job if you want to continue playing solo.

But i found things rather balanced back in 60 cap days a level 55 could kill a level 60 for instance now you cant do stuff as levels mean a lot more in later game

Fair point.

I just heard from him on Skype. He said that he would indeed be developing the servers as a 60-cap server.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:53 pm 
Forum God

ltsune wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Fair point.

I just heard from him on Skype. He said that he would indeed be developing the servers as a 60-cap server.

sweet, ill find a few people bizzle might be up for it so thats a vet from xian suddendeath already

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:11 pm 

Sounds interesting indeed

(Ó_#)ò=(°□°ò)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:37 pm 
Advanced Member

Put me in coach

I dare you to beat my brute!! http://malucodocrl.mybrute.com

Locar_ @ Azteca lvl 76 wiz (hope ur happy tasdik)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:17 am 

ltsune wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Fair point.

Wait - he changed the entire plan because one person on the forum said so?

Anyways, more info please? Honestly, this seems like just another legit server pipe dream.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:52 am 
Elite Member

Sae wrote:
ltsune wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Fair point.

Wait - he changed the entire plan because one person on the forum said so?

Anyways, more info please? Honestly, this seems like just another legit server pipe dream.

Nah, as it turned out, he had actually changed his plans a while ago. I just hadn't talked with him since the change.

I do not know where he currently is in the development phase. I'll hit him up on Skype today, so we'll see :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:38 pm 
Forum God

is it going to be original triangle system or revamped?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:30 am 

Would be interesting to know more about the server, but as it I still in development, understandable if there is not much information available

(Ó_#)ò=(°□°ò)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:24 pm 
Elite Member

Baconz wrote:
Would be interesting to know more about the server, but as it I still in development, understandable if there is not much information available

I've asked him once again to post the little information there is on here.

But in short:
- 60 cap
- Chinese only (obviously)
- Old ecsro files
- Revamped quests (less kills, more rewards)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:03 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey guys,

I'm the project initiator and I work on it since a few months now. It was always planned as a cap 60 server since I use the very old isro cap 70 files, so there's a maximum of 70 cap possible.

The reason why I started to work on my own server is that there's not a single good server out of the 100-fantasticatillion which are available currently. I started this project without an intention to release it for the public someday, kinda for my own and my friends, but I always worked in a way like "I want to release it someday". At this point I'd like to tell you that I'm not a professional programmer.

I know that it'll be hard, if not impossible, to bring back the old times. Nevertheless I want to contribute in the SilkRoad scene and try to give you a little bit of this amazing feeling back which we all had when we played SilkRoad back then.

As we all know Joymax failed hard in SilkRoad's further development and a lot of shit went wrong. The balance had been destroyed and the game became more and more pay2win. This was another reason for me to take old server files, on the hand hand for nostalgic reason and on the other hand because, just as Master_Wong mentionend, the balancing is pretty fair at 60 cap.

I have to admit that I don't have any kind of "master plan" for my server, but the main goals I aim for is about active job conflict and a fully play2win server and it should be fully legit for sure. There won't be a possibility to donate for silk, gold, or whatever (Yes, I can pay the server without it). You can get silk items by hunting uniques, do quests and by being successfull in job conflict. Furthermore I won't advertise my project on forums like epvpers, ragezone or any other of this asshole strongholds, because for a legit server it is just the wrong community there.

I have advertised this project in a German gaming forum only so far, the community consists of old-school and fully legit gamers. They gave me an own section for my project and I keep them up to date there.

The changelog is in German only so far but maybe I'll write you an English one here once I've time for it. I'll leave you some major details here.

Cap 60
Exp/SP x1.5
Party Exp/SP x1.75
Berzerk Factor x1.2
Gold Drop x1
Item Drop x10

NOTE: Rates are not fix yet, we (Me and the community) will test it for a while to find out the msot decent rates

Old Job system
Various silk items can be purchased at NPCs for Gold
Equipment will grant you only 20% of the original sell price to make jobbing worth and avoid gold botting
Protectors spawn all over the map to avoid botting (There are no bots available which got the "ignore protector function", furthermore they don't get affected by AOE spells)
Chakji/Yeoha/Bandits have a small chance to drop the specific avatar hats
Uniques drop silk items
All known bugs have been fixed (this includes both dupe bugs WITHOUT disabling stall/stall network)
Job suits can be equipped by reaching Lv. 10
Lv. 10 Trade pet "Donkey" has been added
You get 5k start sp and some items (3-day rabbit for example)
Quests have been reworked (Hunt/Collect less, get more: especially SP and for some you get silk items)
NOTE: This is not fully done yet, so far I reworked every Jangan Quests and some Donwhang Quests
Request Help function has been revised to work properly to maximize support
Over-powered silk items have been deleted (Premium, dmg/def scrolls, you know what I'm talking about)

There's still a lot left which has been done, but as you can see I give my very best to make it play2win and I try to keep it close to original gameplay since I think that SilkRoad is an awesome game, especially without shitloads of new and over-edited content.

Feel free to ask me about other changes which may be in your interest. I hope I could make clear what this project is about, thank you for reading :).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:35 pm 
Veteran Member

Monte wrote:
Protectors spawn all over the map to avoid botting (There are no bots available which got the "ignore protector function", furthermore they don't get affected by AOE spells)

Uniques drop silk items

All known bugs have been fixed (this includes both dupe bugs WITHOUT disabling stall/stall network)

It's cute that you're so naive. Pretty much every bot has the option to ignore specific mobs and having loads of mobs dotted around the world that legitimate players need to avoid will hinder gameplay, not help it.

Uniques dropping silk items? Single most stupid thing any server ever does, ever. It makes it so that people camp low level uniques 24/7 rather than jobbing/pvping - You know, actually playing the game. Then those people with builds that can easily kill uniques end up getting the kill every time and all of a sudden the economy is FUBAR due to the flood of silk shit.

All known bugs fixed. Good one, haven't laughed that hard in weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:03 am 

Why bother coming back to post and just shit all over someones Idea. I for one would love to play a 60 cap server.

Got some type of positive input? Message him and see if he needs help. Go be a douche in GD.

OnTopic... Great Job Monte on doing something that you find fun and hope to see this come to fruition. Lates

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:19 am 
Elite Member

Lempi wrote:
Monte wrote:

Uniques drop silk items

It's cute that you're so naive. Pretty much every bot has the option to ignore specific mobs and having loads of mobs dotted around the world that legitimate players need to avoid will hinder gameplay, not help it.

You have to remember that these are the ecsro files. Most private servers use the vsro files for which the bots are obviously more sophisticated because more people demand a working bot on those servers.
Because of the dupe bugs (which Monte succeeded in fixing), nobody really uses the ecsro files anymore.

Besides, since this server will most likely not be mega populated (let's be realistic - it's a legit server), I highly doubt many people will take the time to develop a new bot or even take one of the old ones, add a feature that allows to avoid specific monsters, and modify it to work on this server.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:00 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Lempi wrote:
Monte wrote:

Uniques drop silk items

Uniques dropping silk items? Single most stupid thing any server ever does, ever. It makes it so that people camp low level uniques 24/7 rather than jobbing/pvping - You know, actually playing the game. Then those people with builds that can easily kill uniques end up getting the kill every time and all of a sudden the economy is FUBAR due to the flood of silk shit.

Well, I see you're the cool guy here. Anyway, let's go through your points step by step.

Since I use isro and not ecsro or vsro or any else files there are 2 working bots: Sibi Bot and a very very old DB bot without any loop function. The Sibi bot is just a better keypresser, the DB is a little bit better but the version that works differs nearly in nothing than a working item grab filter. Congratulations.

Uniques dropping silk items is nothing new indeed. Did I claim that's my idea anywhere? Anyway, there's a kill fetcher in the DB which records every unique kill, what I didn't mention so far is that hunting uniques is allowed for the specific target group only. If a unique spawns you'll see a text "TG has appeared. Characters below Lv. 32 are allowed to hunt her", "Uruchi has appeared. Chars below Lv. 52 are allowed to hunt him" and Isyutaru is open for anyone obviously. Another point that we're (me and the community) discussing right now is to make the unique spawn time more random by setting it to spawn every 1 - 4 days, so it's something special. I always hated it when low level uniques got slain by camping high level characters and this won't happen on this server.

And all known bugs are fixed, this contains status point bug, scroll bug, pet spawn bug, exchange dupe bug, skill edit bug, stall dupe bug. If you don't believe me feel free to pm me and I'll give you an account to try it out yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:59 am 
Advanced Member

Monte wrote:
Lempi wrote:
Monte wrote:

Uniques drop silk items

Well, I see you're the cool guy here. Anyway, let's go through your points step by step.

Since I use isro and not ecsro or vsro or any else files there are 2 working bots: Sibi Bot and a very very old DB bot without any loop function. The Sibi bot is just a better keypresser, the DB is a little bit better but the version that works differs nearly in nothing than a working item grab filter. Congratulations.

Uniques dropping silk items is nothing new indeed. Did I claim that's my idea anywhere? Anyway, there's a kill fetcher in the DB which records every unique kill, what I didn't mention so far is that hunting uniques is allowed for the specific target group only. If a unique spawns you'll see a text "TG has appeared. Characters below Lv. 32 are allowed to hunt her", "Uruchi has appeared. Chars below Lv. 52 are allowed to hunt him" and Isyutaru is open for anyone obviously. Another point that we're (me and the community) discussing right now is to make the unique spawn time more random by setting it to spawn every 1 - 4 days, so it's something special. I always hated it when low level uniques got slain by camping high level characters and this won't happen on this server.

And all known bugs are fixed, this contains status point bug, scroll bug, pet spawn bug, exchange dupe bug, skill edit bug, stall dupe bug. If you don't believe me feel free to pm me and I'll give you an account to try it out yourself.

Looks good, but 1-4 days, I mean, I don't know man. Me gusta bigname you know? :sohappy:

I dare you to beat my brute!! http://malucodocrl.mybrute.com

Locar_ @ Azteca lvl 76 wiz (hope ur happy tasdik)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:23 am 
Forum God

Monte im a well known vet of this game i hope you take my verdict seriously.

The botting issue on pservers is minus dont ruin the world for us with protectors

silk drops from uniques could ruin balance not that i think its out the question to do it just nothing level relevent.

increased exp & sp rate i highly suggest against if anything i would lower it to .75% rather then 1.5% this means in your limited server things last just a tad longer.#

these 3 things are what i consider major points i am happy to have a private chat with you to discuss further with you why many like myself enjoyed the game so early on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:44 am 

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
The botting issue on pservers is minus dont ruin the world for us with protectors

silk drops from uniques could ruin balance not that i think its out the question to do it just nothing level relevent.

increased exp & sp rate i highly suggest against if anything i would lower it to .75% rather then 1.5% this means in your limited server things last just a tad longer.#

Ew. Please no. You are going to have a hard time attracting people with LOWER rates. I don't even know if *I* will play with rates that low. I have a real life, ya know.

I do agree on the first two points though.

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

A lot of us here are "vets" (some of us more self-important than others, clearly...) who have played since beta, myself included. I hope Monte will consider everyone's opinion regardless and make the most logical decision.

Anyways, if things happen sooner rather than later, I'd be willing to play. Hopefully I can convince others to come with if the server is decent. And don't listen to the haters. They're no fun to play with anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:03 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey,

thank you for your interest in my project. First of all I'd like to mention that I take every opinion serious as long as you treat my work serious too.

@iztupido

The unique spawn times haven't been changed so far, but the idea of setting it to 1 - 4 days found good support in the community so far. Would be nice if we could hear some more voices from SRF regarding this topic.

@Master_Wong

1. Botting/Protector issue

It's not the goal to fill the world up with protectors for sure and the protectors shouldn't be like a pain in the neck for legit gamers. When I added the protectors they were way too much and it felt kinda annoying, but since that there has been made changes to them. Their spawn should match to the grinding spots population (more mobs, more protectors) but you never should get the feeling that you face more protectors than monsters. Furthermore a protector will de-spawn after 20 seconds. Anyway, if protectors still come out to be "overpopulated" we can still make changes to them.

2. Unique silk drop / silk balance

Uniques drop silk items and to be honest myself and most of the others would like to keep it this way. I can understand your worries regarding balance issues, but I'm pretty confident that we won't face silk balance problems on my server. The silk items that are dropped by uniques are for example globals, repair hammer, skin change scroll, skill edit potion, gender switch tool, pet clock; over-powered silk items have been deleted anyway. Another thing is that you won't get loot if you're like ~12 level above the unique. Further you can purchase some of the silk items at NPCs. The silk drop from uniques should be considered as a little gimmick and not as a game relevant aspect.

3. Experience rate

The way is the goal, isn't it? SilkRoad is a grinder and I agree with you that a low exp rate will let things last longer. I'm pretty sure that people will enjoy playing this server with low rates, especially since quests are reworked and grant you fair amounts of exp and really nice amounts of sp. This means you won't have to farm or at least you can keep the gap low, which also will make you level up slighty faster. I personally wouldn't worry about this point yet since it is still under development, rates are not fix yet and quests are not fully reworked and especially we have to check if the rewards are really appropriate in comparison to their tasks and time effort. All in all I'd love to see people doing PvP, go for job conflict or job war on low level already instead of rushing to maximum level cap and get bored.

@Sae

When you test out my server and do some quests you'll see that it's not that horrible to have a low exp rate and that you can manage to play there and have a real life at the same time. But we're still talking about to play a mmorpg which is always a little time-killing.

You can be sure that I'll always give my very best to include everyone's opinion (if there's reasonable points in it) and that I try my very best make a logical decision in sense of the community.

I hope I've been able to answer the questions to your satisfaction ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:44 pm 
Elite Member

Monte wrote:
2. Unique silk drop / silk balance

Uniques drop silk items and to be honest myself and most of the others would like to keep it this way. I can understand your worries regarding balance issues, but I'm pretty confident that we won't face silk balance problems on my server. The silk items that are dropped by uniques are for example globals, repair hammer, skin change scroll, skill edit potion, gender switch tool, pet clock; over-powered silk items have been deleted anyway. Another thing is that you won't get loot if you're like ~12 level above the unique. Further you can purchase some of the silk items at NPCs. The silk drop from uniques should be considered as a little gimmick and not as a game relevant aspect.

That part is very reassuring. As long as the silk items only drop if people are within the level range of the unique mob, I don't see any huge issues.

The only thing we'll want to avoid is that high level players farm the uniques to get the silk items. But that of course is not even an issue if the silk items don't drop if you're more than 12 levels above the unique.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:59 am 
Veteran Member

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Its good to see that your ego is still as inflated as I remember. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Anyways, Monte, your plans sounds pretty good so far. And its nice to see someone who can actually respond to suggestions, or a "vet's" very serious verdict, in an intelligent/logical way. Depending on my schedule when this releases I'd probably check it out. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:38 am 
Forum God

hitokiri wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Its good to see that your ego is still as inflated as I remember. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Anyways, Monte, your plans sounds pretty good so far. And its nice to see someone who can actually respond to suggestions, or a "vet's" very serious verdict, in an intelligent/logical way. Depending on my schedule when this releases I'd probably check it out. Keep it up.

My ego has always been big but on a serious note the things i brought forward are valid and by the looks of it other vets agree. i still think a mildly lower exp/sp rate is good or very least lower exp rate as i said before if the max you can go up to is 70 having higher exp rates run the risk of killing your server when people get to the cap too quick and have nothing to do

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:56 am 

Is there any sort of timeline on this? Can we expect an opening anytime soon?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:26 pm 
Forum God

Sae the bae is joining?

Oh boy.