Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Januera | 10 DG | Play2Win | Skill Balance | 08.05.2015
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:18 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

We are super-excited to announce that Januera Online is coming up!

We have worked on this project for months because we want to be able to offer you an excellent gaming experience. We collected data from every server that existed, learned from their mistakes, tested everything that will affect ingame content in short and long term, in order to provide a server that lasts as long as possible. To achieve this we had to disable some features, add some new stuff and so on.
Before describing our server's content, we want to clarify our main purpose of releasing this project, what we aim for and who we are.

A real, stable Silkroad server... a real, long term Silkroad server... it sounds impossible, right? It has been a huge pain to provide such. We want to give a shot and attempt to provide you a stable server with our extraordinary protection system. We are paying for the best protection available and we also have a real time support for all your urgent emergencies.

LAG, the most annoying thing in online gaming. Just to make everything clear, we have an investor who is paying for everything that we need for providing a stable server, thus we do NOT really hesitate when it comes to paying for the best option. The world ”lag” shouldn't have anything to do with our server.
As we pointed out above, stability comes first and after that comes the rest.

When we look at the servers that died in a few weeks or months after the release, the sources of the problems are easy to see. It's lag, downtimes, game content failures, pay2win systems, careless admins and teams, you name it. In our case, we can tell you that this server is a real PLAY-to-win server. You can acquire almost any item in the item mall without donating by participating in events, jobbing, unique killing etc.
In Januera, we have NPCs at Hotan selling most of the silk items for gold and coins.

Now the magic, how can we make into a long term server? Easy, if you just set everything up at once and leave it as it is, it gets super boring because there is nothing to do after the players reach everything they desired. We will definately have weekly and monthly updates to prevent this from happening! Adding new stuff and keeping you on your toes is the key, isn't it?

One last thing before we give you the list of the server's features. As we just pointed out above, we will be working on updates right after the release. This means we will not be able to provide 24/7 support. We could, but we won't. Because we believe that having a big team in this scene always ends up badly. It either leads into corruption or something else. We don't want to f*ck things up, so it's better to have a small team capable of handling everything. It's also better when GMs and GAs don't walk around talking to the players all day long. However, you can keep in touch with us through our forums.

Finally, it's time to show you what we got. Here we go:

http://januera.com

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Januera

Open Beta:

26th April, 2015, Sunday.

Grand Opening: 08.05.2015

Download Januera:
Download - Januera

Direct Links:

Information about Beta

In order to make sure everything is fine, we wanted to test things out by starting with an open beta phase. EVERYTHING will be WIPED after the period has ended.
The start level for beta is 100, coins are free at the NPC, new scrolls, elixirs, silk items, everything is free. Log in and take part in the testing!
Side note: Server might be going up and down during this week since we have to fix bugs and add some stuff. In a few days after the beta server has gone online, we will be moving from the test server to our main host. After that everything should be stable. Also, we are planning to REWARD players who PARTICIPATE in the beta and help us with testing..

Team

Spoiler!

Patrick Allen, United Kingdom - 27 | Investing, Development

[SPOILER]I'm an oldschool player from isro/oasis. I'm down to give you a hand whenever you need me. Cheers!

Muhab, Egypt - 19 Administration, Game Master, Developer, Website Designer

Spoiler!

Cosmin Meca, Romania - 29 | Administration, Game Master, Designer, Mod

Spoiler!
[/SPOILER]

Official Trailer Video[/CENTER]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w-8p8tsIDo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w-8p8tsIDo[/url]
Basic Information

Cap 100

- Chinese & European

Exp Rate

- 20X

SP

- You don't need to gap, you start with additional SP.

Drop Rate

- Gold: 1X
- Elixirs:4X
- Useless drops such as return scrolls, tablets, arrow bolts are removed.

Start Level:

- 64. As we believe leveling from 1 to 64 is boring for most of the players, we decided to start it from 64. Yes we know, you grind only once, but no worries, you will need some time to reach 100 as the exp rate is not that high.

Auto Equipment

- You start with 8th degree SOM items. You won’t need to re-equip until 9 degree as you will get 9th degree ones (SOM) as well. Just to let you know, you won’t be able to destroy 9th degree items, destroyer rondo is removed.

Spoiler!

Features

Start Items

Here are the items you start with. Should be enough for some time.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Events

We can easily say that Januera is an event based server. Events run automatically by the our automatic bot are listed below.

Spoiler!

Here is the full list of Daily events, as you always desired:

Spoiler!

Automatic Events (Introducing shorty)

As I coded the eBot for vsro based psro servers, I had to use it for my own server of course. I made it much better than the current one. Added anti cheat system and some new events which were not originally available for the eBot. He will help you any time you need it. :)

Spoiler!

Uniques:

As some of the reverse points are removed, it should be more fun to hunt uniques. We have also added some special uniques and some of which can only be killed by STR chars as well.

A- Normal Uniques

Available on their own spawn points. Spawn time: 2 Hours & 30 minutes – 3 Hours & 30 minutes.

- Tigergirl
- Cerberus
- Captain Ivy
- Uruchi
- Isyutaru
- Lord Yarkan
- Demon Shaitan

B- Special Uniques

Spawns every 4 hours - 4 hours and 30 mins

- Devourer Hell Monster
- Behemoth

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spawn Area:
Spoiler!

You can teleport to this area from HT teleporter.

C- Daily Boss Unique

- Death Bone
Spawns once a day, 21:00 Server time

Spoiler!

Spawn Area: Roc Mt.
You can teleport to this area from HT teleporter.

D- Search & Destroy Unique

- Undine
Spawns twice a day as the event is automatically run by eBot. 3 Spawns each time including 1 that can be killed by STR chars only.

Spoiler!

Spawn Area:
Spoiler!

E- Job Cave Uniques
Selket/Neith/Isis/Anubis

This is where you get your Gold Coins from. They are needed for SUN accessory parts.
Check ''SOX'' tab for further information.
Spoiler!

Reward System

There are different types of coins you get from the events and uniques. They are needed for SOX parts, scrolls and silk items as we promised for play 2 win game content.

SOX Items

Seal Of Star (Last tier +2)
Seal Of Moon (Last tier +3)
Seal Of Sun (Last tier +4)

Seal of Star:

Spoiler!

Seal of Moon:

Spoiler!

Seal of Sun:

Spoiler!

Conclusion: Don't ever be concerned about the difference between each sox. I mean, yes a difference of one plus may not sound enough BUT since the alchemy rate is low, it makes sense. Also, we are planning to boost SOM and SUN items with sockets and some other features as they need to be better than SOS parts.

Forgetten World

Once again, we really really want to enable everything that is possible. So here we have Forgotten World! What does it stand for is, SOX weapons, another way to get a SOX weapon. Details are given above.

Fortress War

We have been told that Fortress War has to be changed a little bit. Correct! It’s a mess, everyone knows it. Makes no sense to occupy the fortress until the very last 30 minutes. The question is, what does the first one hour stand for? Shortening the fortress war time would make no sense, so we ended up strengthening fortress construction. Hopefully it will work and bring you more fun! Now the strong one is taking over!

IP / PC Limit = 1 (At Fortress War time)

Another thing we have is new flags. They’re stronger than the ones added in Fortress NPCs and they can ONLY be produced in the fortress. That’s what makes it special.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Available:

Hotan Fortress
Jangan Fortress
Constantinople Fortress (In progress)

Pets (Dark Lizard & Behemot)

Pets that can be produced inside fortress are now useful. Seriously, why did we even have them before? Now they have higher speed and HP!

Jobbing / Job Cave / JobSuits

Jobbing is the main source of income since we lowered the item selling prices as well as gold drops.

Moreover, you will need Job Coins for SOM parts.

New job suits have been added to the NPC called ''Job Suits Dealer'' in Donwhang. You'll need a certain job level to be able to use them.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Honor Buff System

It could be directly linked to job system but since we want players to take part in many things, it has been added to the Special NPC as a scroll which can be purchased with points. It will not be very easy to get them.

Points?
Spoiler!

Skill Balance

Okay, the hardest part now. Hopefully, we did a good job editing/nerfing/disabling some of the skills. As you know, balancing EU/CH is never going to happen, so you better be happy with that.

What I have to tell you is, we are not willing to disable too much. However, we don't want EU to take over. In this case, we will be doing our best to provide a fair gaming experience for each character versus one another.

- Boosted Bicheon with extra criticals and temporary atk. pwr. increase,
- Boosted Pacheon with extra criticals and passive atk. rate increase,
- Disabled fire-icewall spams,
- Boosted overall CH damage,
- Decreased force debuff % a bit, still OK.
- Disabled force/ cure-heal spamming
- Balanced warrior buff boost (Fences, screens, skins etc: Higher cooldown,
- Lowered the distance of bard/warrior buffs, so you have to fight together but not hiding your buffers somewhere else than the battle area.
- Holy spell and healing spam is nerfed/decreased/balanced.
- Disabed warlock for STR's.
- Also decreased rogue a little bit.
- Boosted bard ''ATACK'' skills a little bit.

-| CHINA |-

Spoiler!

-| EURO |-

Spoiler!

When we get to the final skill balance, we will post details right here. So, check back before the release date.

Kill Points

Fortress war kills + job kills in job cave

Guild & Union Limit

Guild Limit:32 , Union limit:4.

Scrolls

It might sound like a PVP server thingy, yet we wanted to enable almost all of the scrolls, even added some new ones! Here you go: (Scrolls and some special items)

Spoiler!

Please, DON’T be concerned. They can NOT be picked up that easy. We wouldn't really be happy to see people running around with sets adv. elixirs added on each part, zerking during jobbing etc. That’d be horrible, yep, BUT, why not just enable them and make it hard to acquire them? You will need to work alot to get them. No worries! We promise that you will like it even though it doesn’t sound that good at the moment.

Silk Item Drops

You can get silk items as some uniques dropping them or you can simply purchase some silk items from the Special NPC located in Hotan. As we do not provide a vote-for-silk or silk-per-hour system, this is how you get silk items for free.

Alchemy Rate

We made it a little bit harder than usual so that our SOX system would make more sense.

[SIZE="5"]Extra[/SIZE]

HWID Limit:

You can only have 2 chars online at once. Using a proxy or having more than 2 characters online in some way, is forbidden. At fortress war times, it will be only 1 in order to make it fair for everyone. Apologies if your little brother will f*ck you up for this.

Guild Start Level

Just to make your life easier, once you create a new guild, it will already be at level 5.

Max Plus

The maximum plus you can achieve is 12.

Custom Reverse Points

We disabled some of the reverse points, added new ones as well and a cooldown of 120 seconds. (Insert Screenshots here)

Gobal Cooldown

As it’s pretty annoying when people, we decided to add a cooldown of 20 seconds on globals. (Totally kidding.)

Stall Limit

No more of ‘’First oben stall, i pay the rest after buy’’. We have changed the maximum price.

Anti Bot

It simply makes no sense to use bots for farming gold in Januera. Item selling prices are lowered and gold drops decreased.

Custom STR Uniques:

As it is mentioned above, we wanted to give STR chars a little bit more chance to get unique kills.
(Insert Screenshots here)

Daily Coin & Point Limit

Because we want players to take part in all of the activities, we decided to set a daily coin and point limits for them.

Silk Scrolls

We have added silk scrolls in ITEM MALL
*Insert screenshot here*

Jangan Cave Mobs

They are located around Samarkand & Constantinople, spawn rate is increased.

86-91 Monsters

Spoiler!

92-94 Monsters

Spoiler!

95-97 Monsters

Spoiler!

97-98 Monsters

Spoiler!

Januera NPC’s:

Here are the NPCs located in Hotan. New avatars, scrolls and much more!

Januera NPC's. (Located in Hotan)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Website – Ranklist

Spoiler!

Automatic Title Granting

Once you kill a certain unique, you will receive a title and you're able to keep it until the unique is killed again.

Bug Fixes

We had to fix those, now it should sound more fairer.

- Purification Pill Bug
- Stall Bug
- Chinese Speed Bug
- Wizard Skill Bug
- Pet bug

CH Buffs

Permanent Chinese buffs is a nice idea, so we have it too.

Forum

Pointed out above in the introduction, we are set to work on weekly/monthly updates rather than providing 24/7 support. That doesn’t mean you will never have a chance to contact us, we have a forum where you can share your thoughts, suggestions, recruit for your guild, tell us about your problems, report bugs etc.

Some New Stuff

We have added some new scrolls. While finding new icons for them, we realised we could also replace some other icons. After having looked at the same elixir icon for 10 years (had to stop and think about it for a second), we decided to add new icons on elixirs.

Spoiler!

Near Future Updates:

As we didn’t want to add everything at once, we have some other stuff scheduled to be added later on which is listed below plus more.

+ Constantinople Fortress
+ Socket Stones
+ Advanced Elixirs (Yes, currently it’s not available)
+ Account protection (iSro system)
+ Glow & Degree Switchers
+ Custom Titles
+ Magic Pop
+ New fortress war flags (Panic, Blunting and some other) [/SPOILER]

Other

Some other changes we did.

[SPOILER]- Trader NPCs are removed from Samarkand & Constantinople.
- Mobs around Samarkand & Constantinople are replaced with mobs level 81-100.
- Donwhang & Jangan caves are disabled.
- Bandit fortress is disabled.
- Resurrection scrolls, tablets, elements, mole mobs, astral stones, 1D Lucky powders, bolt – arrow drops, basic return scrolls, auto attack skill, HP/MP Grains, PK mode and destroyer rondos are removed.

Please note that things we added/removed may be altered during beta.

Post subject: Re: Januera | 10 DG | Play2Win | Skill Balance | 08.05.2015
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:35 am 
Forum God

Bae's already slippin'

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:35 am 

I might join you on wednesday, started a char but wont have much time.
Will they remove the skill reset scroll? i got 1 for free, might go bard for leveling if they wont remove it :p

Is the sewlar good so far?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:29 am 

If it's a decent server and everyone isn't... you know..., I might join in once I'm done with finals. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:53 pm 
Forum God

I just started yesterday. (You start at lvl 64). So I haven't had much time to really feel the server out yet. But so far it seems decent. I'm just going to be playing a bit casual with my boys seph, Vexx, and godlike.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:26 pm 
Site Contributor

Tasdik wrote:
I just started yesterday. (You start at lvl 64). So I haven't had much time to really feel the server out yet. But so far it seems decent. I'm just going to be playing a bit casual with my boys seph, Vexx, and godlike.

You, playing casual? I call BS.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:24 pm 
Forum God

*grins*

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:45 pm 

grinding away at lvl 68, started wizard/cleric.

brb people already have SOS gear :sohappy:

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:56 pm 
Forum God

Yay hesland!

And sos gear is super easy to get in the job cave.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:04 pm 

Filthy casuals

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:50 pm 
Forum God

Avellia wrote:
Filthy casuals

Don't get me excited like that.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:57 am 

Avellia wrote:
Filthy casuals

pics or didnt happen

so big :sohappy:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:11 pm 

Tasdik wrote:
Don't get me excited like that.

:sohappy:
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:39 pm 

leveling like a boss, hopefully i reach 90 today.
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:04 pm 
Forum Legend

So, i'm totally down for this shit.

Any guilds? Looking to get some regular playing going on, alredy downloading.

PS: If there's any guild, any classes in demand? Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:55 am 
Forum God

The boys are back in town.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:55 am 

Bump !!! :)

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:11 pm 

IceCrash wrote:
So, i'm totally down for this shit.

Any guilds? Looking to get some regular playing going on, alredy downloading.

PS: If there's any guild, any classes in demand? Cheers.

Im guildless atm, just trying to cap. Most guilds require you to be high level already (90+) which does not take that long, but finding pts from 64-80 can be a bit hard.

Some things have been nerfed, warriors only have PQ and no screens, so you might wanna check that out before picking a build. Bless spell lasts 30 seconds, no black ress.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:56 pm 
Forum God

The Squad looking on point.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:11 pm 

3.2 levels to go!
Spoiler!

made a poverty +5 staff for when i reach 98 :sohappy:

Need STR stones tho, got 2 drops so far :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:24 pm 
Forum Legend

Hesland wrote:
3.2 levels to go!
Spoiler!

made a poverty +5 staff for when i reach 98 :sohappy:

Need STR stones tho, got 2 drops so far :roll:

gogogo!

i'm alredy lvling as well, 7x

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:43 pm 
Forum God

Yay Hesland!

We've been needing some big boi wiz/clerics. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:33 pm 
Forum Legend

Alredy getting close to 9x, started out yesterday so not too bad i guess.

any decent guilds? otherwise i'm just gonna join some guild in the game

Cleric/Warlock on everyday multiple hours, mkai.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:57 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#justbigboythings
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:53 pm 
Forum Legend

If anyone needs a guild, let me know

http://www.januera-forum.com/vanhalen-g ... -t189.html

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:09 pm 
Common Member

eyem joining in, any specific class needed? lack of sro after a while gets me every time.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:42 am 
Forum God

Bard/cleric

bard/wiz

bard/lock

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:15 am 

Tasdik wrote:
Bard/cleric

bard/wiz

bard/lock

bard/warrior

Partied with one the other day, didnt have enough MP to cast orbit :sohappy: seemed pretty good

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:14 pm 
Valued Member

ya'll sexi

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:09 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

7v8 no problem. #bardbuddies #wizardsisters
Spoiler!

big boy vexx