Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Simply0wn | CAP 90 | PVE | JSRO
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:36 pm 

IceCrash wrote:
considering i've been playing on this server from day one...

[Snipped long post]

You do realise they don't check this forum? :P They should have their own forum up 'soon'.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:02 pm 
Forum Legend

Natsumi wrote:
IceCrash wrote:
considering i've been playing on this server from day one...

[Snipped long post]

You do realise they don't check this forum? :P They should have their own forum up 'soon'.

as soon as the job update?.. or?.. :P :P

you guys wanna move to a different server?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:27 pm 

I want a server that is legit based, minimal edits, FW, no lag, dependable GM's, an acceptable alchemy system, acceptable drop rates and xp rates. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIND?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:30 pm 
Forum Legend

Because that system kills every server due to people not having 20 hours to play each day..

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:35 pm 
Forum Legend

Btw weirdest update, i guess I'm out : )

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:16 pm 

their magical "job update part 2" was terrible, a waste of time imo. I'm done with the server. I dont have the time to grind 100 challenge stones so that i can get higher than 2 crit on my 2h.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:59 pm 
Forum Legend

Imagine getting higher crit than 2 on your staff!! : ooo xD

Guys gimme your Skype or something, let's stay in touch!
Any server you wanna go to? Let's go together : o

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:44 am 

i'm still kind of interested in phSro? it's pretty slow rates, but its been up for a hell of a long time. its quite literally a bot server since they made phbot but, we could make a legit only guild, just to strut our stuff against the botters. i always enjoy that.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:00 am 

i'm trying out "epic-silkroad" its a 100 cap with higher ish rates. i'll let u know how it goes

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:58 am 
Common Member

I'm staying on simply0wn as long as there are active admins and other players to interact with.
It's pretty much as close to the type of server I'm looking for as it could be, and as I haven't been spoiled with the drop/alchemy rates of other privates servers since playing isro, I don't really mind having a hard time getting stuff.
It just makes it all the more rewarding when you finally succeed / drop something nice!

I'm a little bit sceptical of the new job update, but I'll just see how it goes!

Cheers,
Starchild

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:21 am 

epic-silkroad is too edited for me, i'm going to hop on phSro again, they have a really active community and its been up for a while. lots of bots but its w/e.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:21 am 

Not a fan of the job update either, but I'll still stay on simply. If I stop here, I'll probably stop playing SRO again.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:44 am 
Forum Legend

yeah, that legit only guild doesn't sound bad for me : D

tbh it's not about being hard to get things uni, it's how the server's being ran, this update is just a slap in the face for peeps who have been following, and it also diminishes the hope of the server's future too : o

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:03 pm 
Common Member

IceCrash wrote:
tbh it's not about being hard to get things uni, it's how the server's being ran, this update is just a slap in the face for peeps who have been following, and it also diminishes the hope of the server's future too : o

I don't disagree with you, Rapid. Personally, I'm not a fan of jobbing towards an sox-reward in this manner.

What the community wanted was an increase in the gold reward from trading, I believe? Unless I've missed something, this didn't happen.
In that case, we're going to have to convince the admins to adjust it. If they choose to do so is their decision in the end. A consequence of them not listening to us is people quitting, as I'm sure they're aware of.

They've proven able to do changes, adjustments and program new features to the server both on request from the community and on their own initiative.
They've also been fairly good at communicating with the community, both in-game, in the thread on that "other" forum, their website and by e-mail. Of course, they can always get better.
In addition to this, silk prices are very low, which means they're probably not in it for the money. The donations they've received so far probably just barely cover the server cost, if that..

However, demanding immediate changes like this from what I can only assume is an inexperienced team who's doing what they're doing on their spare time and good will is not only proving to be fruitless, it's killing the server.
I completely understand if they can't sit in front of their computer all day, making changes to this server on no budget at all just because I want them to. I'm sure they have lives outside of this project.
Us, their users, making demands, threats, being rude etc. is not very encouraging either. And it's contageous. Other people see this, and they throw their lot on to the bandwagon.
At the same time I understand that not everyone has the patience to wait forever on the next update, only to be disappointed.

The keyword here is patience tho. Some have it, others don't.
I have all the time in the world, and a good portion of patience. So I will keep on playing as long as there is activity. I will encourage the team to keep up their good work, and maybe try to guide them in the direction I'd like the server to go.
If they're straying too far away from the server I want to play on, I will quit too. No big deal.
But if it pays off, and the en result is a great server, it will be well worth it.

I think this server has potential, but it needs more time.
Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:17 pm 

I donated $30 to the server so ive done my part. If your high hopes for it turn out to be correct i'll be back. But atm im not enjoying it and i will continue exploring other options

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:27 pm 
Forum Legend

UNi wrote:
IceCrash wrote:

I don't disagree with you, Rapid. Personally, I'm not a fan of jobbing towards an sox-reward in this manner.

What the community wanted was an increase in the gold reward from trading, I believe? Unless I've missed something, this didn't happen.
In that case, we're going to have to convince the admins to adjust it. If they choose to do so is their decision in the end. A consequence of them not listening to us is people quitting, as I'm sure they're aware of.

They've proven able to do changes, adjustments and program new features to the server both on request from the community and on their own initiative.
They've also been fairly good at communicating with the community, both in-game, in the thread on that "other" forum, their website and by e-mail. Of course, they can always get better.
In addition to this, silk prices are very low, which means they're probably not in it for the money. The donations they've received so far probably just barely cover the server cost, if that..

However, demanding immediate changes like this from what I can only assume is an inexperienced team who's doing what they're doing on their spare time and good will is not only proving to be fruitless, it's killing the server.
I completely understand if they can't sit in front of their computer all day, making changes to this server on no budget at all just because I want them to. I'm sure they have lives outside of this project.
Us, their users, making demands, threats, being rude etc. is not very encouraging either. And it's contageous. Other people see this, and they throw their lot on to the bandwagon.
At the same time I understand that not everyone has the patience to wait forever on the next update, only to be disappointed.

I have all the time in the world, and a good portion of patience. So I will keep on playing as long as there is activity. I will encourage the team to keep up their good work, and maybe try to guide them in the direction I'd like the server to go.
If they're straying too far away from the server I want to play on, I will quit too. No big deal.
But if it pays off, and the en result is a great server, it will be well worth it.

Just my two cents.

First of all, nice post mate, good feedback.

I think you have done a good see-through analysis, observing their behaviour and their reasons, where they come from. However, in my opinion, even if the approach you're referring to works for you and for the end-state of the server silkroad-gameplay-wise, it's just gonna drive its activity to the cliff to get where you're saying it might end at, it's just a bad move to keep the good energies and players going.

Personally i don't want to contribute to something like this. I've played, i've donated, i've tested stuff, i've given feedback. If they're not willing to take a different approach to the lack of experience you talked about, i'm also not willing to invest any of my free time to play on their server, specially when it's not like they didn't atract a loyal core of people to the server, it's not like they haven't gotten any feedback to choose from = /

@ Arca, kinda tough to find a server nowadays, but let's stay together. You guys got email or skype? What would be the best way to keep in touch?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:27 am 

dillant104@hotmail.com on skype, anyone here can add me if they want, i dont do calls though, just messaging please, i dont want to break any cameras ey

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:02 pm 
Common Member

IceCrash wrote:
UNi wrote:
IceCrash wrote:

Just my two cents.

First of all, nice post mate, good feedback.

I think you have done a good see-through analysis, observing their behaviour and their reasons, where they come from. However, in my opinion, even if the approach you're referring to works for you and for the end-state of the server silkroad-gameplay-wise, it's just gonna drive its activity to the cliff to get where you're saying it might end at, it's just a bad move to keep the good energies and players going.

Personally i don't want to contribute to something like this. I've played, i've donated, i've tested stuff, i've given feedback. If they're not willing to take a different approach to the lack of experience you talked about, i'm also not willing to invest any of my free time to play on their server, specially when it's not like they didn't atract a loyal core of people to the server, it's not like they haven't gotten any feedback to choose from = /

@ Arca, kinda tough to find a server nowadays, but let's stay together. You guys got email or skype? What would be the best way to keep in touch?

Sure, sure, that's understandable!
Good luck with the next server, Rapidos :love:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:06 pm 
Common Member

Aristedis wrote:
I donated $30 to the server so ive done my part. If your high hopes for it turn out to be correct i'll be back. But atm im not enjoying it and i will continue exploring other options

Ah, I guess my calculations might be a little off then if others donated similiar amounts ^^ Depends on the specifics of their setup etc. too of course.
Regardless, good luck exploring other options, and I hope to see you return in the future, Arcanus :)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:59 pm 
Forum Legend

what's your email UNi?

i'm logging on Simply0wn @ specific times to get peeps contact, so when we join a new one if we join we can bring our people together

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:29 pm 
Forum Legend

Guys, someone just pm'd me about a new server opening tomorrow that seems great!

http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/privat ... ystem.html

Check those beastly features!!! Not over-edited btw but just perfect old school server!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:36 pm 

IceCrash wrote:
Guys, someone just pm'd me about a new server opening tomorrow that seems great!

http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/privat ... ystem.html

Check those beastly features!!! Not over-edited btw but just perfect old school server!

Seal of Sun drop ratio 0.02x ISro

I dunno if i like that lol...

lets start a new thread about servers instead of hijacking this simply0wn post though

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7