Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Amethyst Silkroad / 90CAP / EU CH / Old school / VoIP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXLNzcuHpM[/YT]

Introduction

Hello and Welcome! I am excited and pleased our latest and finest work so far called "Amethyst Online" It has been a long and fun journey to create Amethyst, we have dedicated most of our free time to this project. I will and can assure you that once you start playing on our server, you will never need to switch between servers again! We are and will always improve this project and actively update it.

We are here to offer you the game you all have been wanting to see for a very long time. I believe that no server has truly had the Old School feeling that we all have been so eager to see. Amethyst is here to fulfill what others haven't been able to do, we have actively sought after the perfect balance between Old School & New Features.

Amethyst gives you the taste of Old School completely without missing on the new stuff. It has been the most important and challenging part of creating Amethyst as our primary goal is to give you the taste of Old School without missing too much on the fun and new things. It has that slight touch between being fully Old School and at the same time fun to play in the long run.

The Crew Of Amethyst;

Shine; 21 Years old
I will start by introducing myself, I have always been interested in games before, especially before I started to learn how to code. Silkroad has been the main game that I have played through the years however I have enjoyed coding just a bit more than playing.

I started to code thanks to Silkroad, I soon started to love coding more than anything else, the love I have for these two things gave me the motivation to create something perfect called Amethyst.

I am here after 10 years of actively coding, as said earlier I have learned coding in order to do something for Silkroad. I am now studying Computer Engineering at one of the best universities in the world (top 100). I have a coding experience of 10 years and have been actively coding for other games too.

Iwa; 19 Years old

Iwa was the guy I met thanks to Silkroad, he also started coding for Silkroad and I've helped him a lot by the years and now after 6 years I can say that hes almost better than me, his passion for this game and coding is admirable. Iwa is our network manager, he is very professional at what hes doing.

Diplo; 21 Years old
Diplo is our Database Admin. He and I go to the same university, he has been our motivation factor for Amethyst as Iwa and I were working to create the perfect EMU which we released a few months ago to start on Amethyst.

Mirin: 18 Years old

He currently holds the responsibility for in game support, support over the thread / forum support. He also is also responsible for the marketing of Amethyst Online. He will give support in Swedish, English and Turkish!

Beta Phase: 1 November 2016 Tuesday 20:00 - 3 November 2016 Thursday 13:00
Official Launch: 5 November 2016 Saturday 20:00

All characters will be wiped after beta (not accounts).
Beta players will be rewared with Gift Boxes.

All Times are in UTC +2

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmethystSilkroad

Feature
Information
Exp. Rate 20x
Drop Rate 5x
Level Cap 90
Mastery Cap 300
Fortress Jangan
Hardware Limit 3
Guild Limit 32
Union Limit 3
Max. Plus 9
Capture The Flag Enabled
Forgotten World Disabled
Battle Arena Disabled
Automatic Events Enabled
Protection Hyperfilter

Miscellaneous features on Amethyst

Starter Items
In Amethyst, there are no starter items when you create a new character. You will be spawned in our new Beginner Area to complete simple quests and get your starter items.This will get you started for the real gameplay!

Spoiler!

Item Stacks:
We have increased item stacks for your comfort

Global & Reverse & Resurrect Scroll Cooldowns
We added cooldowns to items listed above to make players stop abusing it.

Nerfed Devil Spirits
We have nerfed Devil Spirits to fit our game scene

Spoiler!

Guild & Union Limit
We have made this change to keep the competition between Guild's and Unions. This change will ensure that Fortress War's will be much more exciting to play and watch as the ladder will be bigger thanks to this.

New Drop Layouts
We changed some items drop layout that you have bored to see to fancy ones!
Spoiler!

Trace Disabled In Fortress War
We decided to disabled Trace in Fortress Wars.

Old School features on Amethyst

Old PvP Capes
We are proud to announce this feature, we brought back the old PvP system with capes, you have to wear capes to PvP like the old times
Spoiler!

Old Item Mall
We changed the Item Mall to It's old version, coolest Item Mall ever!
Spoiler!

Old Login Screen
We changed the Login Screen to the old one
Spoiler!

Old Exchange
We changed the Exchange to its old version, simple and beautiful
Spoiler!

Old Underbar
We changed the Underbar to It's old version, without any percent problem unlike the others!
Spoiler!

Old Alchemy
We changed the Alchemy to its old version
Spoiler!

Old Item Tooltip
Spoiler!

Old World Map
We removed the Alex from map.
Spoiler!

New Features on Amethyts

Job Arena
Job Arena is a scheduled event like Battle Arena, when register period is open you must register the event from Event So-ok.When Job Arena period is started, you will be teleported to Job Arena. In this Arena you can gain job points which you later can buy sun items (details below this).Also, there is a neat feature; there is a live scoreboard where you can see best ten traders/hunter or thief while Job War.
Spoiler!

Achievement System
We are proud to announce this feature.This system works like quest, but there is no need to take any quest from any NPC.When you completed the mission written in the description, you will be rewarded with its reward title and item.You can collect titles and change your title anytime you want! You can access Achievement Window with pressing 'J', or you can click the icon located in Action Window.
Spoiler!

VoIP System
In Amethyst when you are joined to a party, you can talk with other party members with our integrated VoIP feature. We think it will help you a lot while Fortress War!

I am proud to tell that we are working with TeamSpeak on this feature, we have a TS3 license that was given to us by TeamSpeak to support our work. Thanks to them we now have an integrated VoIP system ingame!

While you are in party you can connect to VoIP chat with typing '/voip on' to chat, to close you can type '/voip off' to chat. Don't worry we will add an UI soon!

Survival Arena System
We are proud to announce our unique feature Survival Arena! This system is similar to the ISRO one. When Survival Arena queue period has started, you can queue up by talking to Event So-ok. When a match is found and it suits to you (calculated with elo point), you will be teleported to the arena.
There are two types of Survival Arena:
Individual - 8 People / Last Man Standing
Party - 8vs8 / Last Party Standing
Spoiler!

Gift Box System
We are proud to announce our unique feature called Gift Box.Once you click on the Gift Box, you will be rewarded with a random item. You can gain Gift Boxes from the Survival Arena or in-game events.
There are four types of Gift Boxes:

Special Gift Box which you can get special items
Bronze Gift Box which you can get simple unique items
Silver Gift Box which you can get Avatar Shards or Special Items
Gold Gift Box which you can get Avatar Shards

Gift Silk System
In Amethyst there are two different types of Silk, Normal Silks which you can buy by donating, Gift Silk which you can gain from events or rankings. There is a small difference between them; you can't buy some of the Item Mall items with Gift Silks like Avatars or Charname Recolor Scroll but don't worry and keep reading; there are tons of items which you can buy with Gift Silk, those that you can't buy you can get them for free with our systems. We promise you that won't even feel the difference.

Since you are not able to get Avatars with Gift Silk, we created their shards.You can get shards from Gift Boxes as We mentioned above at Gift Box System section.You need four different Essences to craft them.You can get Essences from Capture The Flag
Spoiler!

Quest Manager System
One of the most enjoyable things is completing quests, However we think that people are too lazy to find NPC's, obtain the quest, go back to the NPC and get a reward. Therefore we added a special NPC to all town gates. This npc has all quests that can be obtainable from the town. Have fun with completing quests
Spoiler!

Trade Rewards
When you complete a successful 5 Star trade or steal a 5 Star trade you and your party is rewarded with Silks. This reward is limited.You can get your silk reward from trading once per day.
Bandit Den Teleporters
We replaced the Bandit Den Scroll to Bandit Den Teleporters. For thieves, you must go the NPC to teleport to the Thief Town after you've stolen the goods from traders. Don't worry we added tons of Bandit Den Teleporters and their positions are calculated with classic Silkroad's trade routes.
Spoiler!

AFK System
When you are AFK for 5 minutes or more other players will see a bubble animation on your head
Spoiler!

Feature
Information
Exp. Rate 20x
Drop Rate 5x
Level Cap 90
Mastery Cap 300
Fortress Jangan
Hardware Limit 3
Guild Limit 32
Union Limit 3
Max. Plus 9
Capture The Flag Enabled
Forgotten World Disabled
Battle Arena Disabled
Automatic Events Enabled
Protection Hyperfilter

Miscellaneous features on Amethyst

Starter Items
In Amethyst, there are no starter items when you create a new character. You will be spawned in our new Beginner Area to complete simple quests and get your starter items.This will get you started for the real gameplay!

Gallery 2

2 / 2

Item Stacks:
We have increased item stacks for your comfort!

Global & Reverse & Resurrect Scroll Cooldowns
We added cooldowns to items listed above to make players stop abusing it.

Nerfed Devil Spirits
We have nerfed Devil Spirits to fit our game scene

Guild & Union Limit
We have made this change to keep the competition between Guild's and Unions. This change will ensure that Fortress War's will be much more exciting to play and watch as the ladder will be bigger thanks to this.

New Drop Layouts
We changed some items drop layout that you have bored to see to fancy ones!

Gallery 3

1 / 1

Trace Disabled In Fortress War
We decided to disabled Trace in Fortress Wars.

Old School features on Amethyst

Old PvP Capes
We are proud to announce this feature, we brought back the old PvP system with capes, you have to wear capes to PvP like the old times!

Gallery 4

1 / 2

Old Item Mall
We changed the Item Mall to It's old version, coolest Item Mall ever!

Gallery 5

1 / 1

Old Login Screen
We changed the Login Screen to the old one!

Gallery 6

2 / 2

Old Exchange
We changed the Exchange to its old version, simple and beautiful.

Gallery 7

1 / 1

Old Underbar
We changed the Underbar to It's old version, without any percent problem unlike the others!

Gallery 8

1 / 1

Old Alchemy
We changed the Alchemy to its old version.

Gallery 9

1 / 1

Old Item Tooltip

Gallery 10

1 / 1

Old World Map
We removed the Alex from map.

Gallery 11

1 / 1

New Features on Amethyts

Job Arena
Job Arena is a scheduled event like Battle Arena, when register period is open you must register the event from Event So-ok.When Job Arena period is started, you will be teleported to Job Arena. In this Arena you can gain job points which you later can buy sun items (details below this).Also, there is a neat feature; there is a live scoreboard where you can see best ten traders/hunter or thief while Job War.

Gallery 12

2 / 2

Achievement System
We are proud to announce this feature.This system works like quest, but there is no need to take any quest from any NPC.When you completed the mission written in the description, you will be rewarded with its reward title and item.You can collect titles and change your title anytime you want! You can access Achievement Window with pressing 'J', or you can click the icon located in Action Window.

Gallery 13

2 / 2

VoIP System
In Amethyst when you are joined to a party, you can talk with other party members with our integrated VoIP feature. We think it will help you a lot while Fortress War!

I am proud to tell that we are working with TeamSpeak on this feature, we have a TS3 license that was given to us by TeamSpeak to support our work. Thanks to them we now have an integrated VoIP system ingame!

While you are in party you can connect to VoIP chat with typing '/voip on' to chat, to close you can type '/voip off' to chat. Don't worry we will add an UI soon!

Survival Arena System
We are proud to announce our unique feature Survival Arena! This system is similar to the ISRO one. When Survival Arena queue period has started, you can queue up by talking to Event So-ok. When a match is found and it suits to you (calculated with elo point), you will be teleported to the arena.
There are two types of Survival Arena:
Individual - 8 People / Last Man Standing
Party - 8vs8 / Last Party Standing

Gallery 14

2 / 2

Gift Box System
We are proud to announce our unique feature called Gift Box.Once you click on the Gift Box, you will be rewarded with a random item. You can gain Gift Boxes from the Survival Arena or in-game events.
There are four types of Gift Boxes:

Special Gift Box which you can get special items
Bronze Gift Box which you can get simple unique items
Silver Gift Box which you can get Avatar Shards or Special Items
Gold Gift Box which you can get Avatar Shards

Gift Silk System
In Amethyst there are two different types of Silk, Normal Silks which you can buy by donating, Gift Silk which you can gain from events or rankings. There is a small difference between them; you can't buy some of the Item Mall items with Gift Silks like Avatars or Charname Recolor Scroll but don't worry and keep reading; there are tons of items which you can buy with Gift Silk, those that you can't buy you can get them for free with our systems. We promise you that won't even feel the difference.

Since you are not able to get Avatars with Gift Silk, we created their shards.You can get shards from Gift Boxes as We mentioned above at Gift Box System section.You need four different Essences to craft them.You can get Essences from Capture The Flag.

Gallery 15

1 / 1

Quest Manager System
One of the most enjoyable things is completing quests, However we think that people are too lazy to find NPC's, obtain the quest, go back to the NPC and get a reward. Therefore we added a special NPC to all town gates. This npc has all quests that can be obtainable from the town. Have fun with completing quests!

Gallery 16

1 / 1

Trade Rewards
When you complete a successful 5 Star trade or steal a 5 Star trade you and your party is rewarded with Silks. This reward is limited.You can get your silk reward from trading once per day.
Bandit Den Teleporters
We replaced the Bandit Den Scroll to Bandit Den Teleporters. For thieves, you must go the NPC to teleport to the Thief Town after you've stolen the goods from traders. Don't worry we added tons of Bandit Den Teleporters and their positions are calculated with classic Silkroad's trade routes.

Gallery 17

1 / 1

AFK System
When you are AFK for 5 minutes or more other players will see a bubble animation on your head.

PvP Rank Animation
We are proud to announce our unique feature! While you are wearing PvP cape, you will have a unique animation based on your PvP Elo Point

Spoiler!

Clone World System
We added clones of Roc Mt. to powerlevel easily & without Killstealing.
There is:
A Clone for only Chinese characters
A Clone for only Europe characters
A Clone for both Chinese & Europe players
And there is Orginal Roc Mt. for bot Chinese & Europe players also Demon Shaitan only spawns in the Orginal world. You can change your world with teleporters we placed in Roc Mt

Spoiler!

New Experience Distrubitions
We have adjusted the EXP's gained from monsters depending on your level, this is especially noticed between the levels of 80-90 where we have tripled the amount of EXP required to level up to add a slight challenge and joy to reach the maximum level. It shouldn't be too easy right?

Character Name Recolor Scrolls
In Amethyst, you can change your Character's name color! You can find the scrolls in Item Mall

Spoiler!

Unique Monster System
We also changed damages of Unique Monsters. They are now dealing % damage based on your Max. HP except for Lord Yarkan and Demon Shaitan.

Random Silk Scroll
You can buy Random Silk Scrolls from the Special Shop located in Hotan with Gold. When you use the Silk Scroll you will gain a random silk amount based on your luck.

Sun System
We decreased Sun Drop ratio but you can still get Sun items (Character-bound) from Special Shop with Job Point but they have limited time period to use (2 Weeks). You can extend them with our Sun Extension Scrolls also they are buyable with Job Points.
Spoiler!

Special Shop
This is the shop where you can buy Sun Items/Sun Extension Scrolls with your Job Point, Elements/Stones, Random Silk Scroll, Old Job Suits

Guild War Ranking

We think that Guild War is one of the most challenging and enjoying features of Silkroad, but Guild War's is not offering anything usable to the players. We decided to update Guild Wars so therefore we replaced Academy ranking with Guild war ranking. Rankings are now calculated by Win/Lose ratio. If a guild has a rank then all the members will have the same buffs.

Automatic Plus Notice

SoX System
We changed the stats of SoX items.
Seal Of Star = 85 + 2
Seal Of Moon = 85 + 4
Seal Of Sun = 85 + 7

Elo Rating System

In Amethyst, all characters have three different Elo Points.
Job Elo Point
Survival Arena Elo Point
PvP Elo Point

General Information:
The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players.
You can check your Elo Points in game with typing to chat '/elo'
Default Elo Point is 1000 (except Survival Arena; It is 1200)
When your Elo Point is decreased under 1000 your Elo Point becomes 0.
When your Elo Point is increased above 0 your Elo Point becomes 1000.
If you killed an enemy that has less Elo Points than you, you will gain less Elo Point, or you may not gain any Elo Point at all. If you get killed by an enemy that has more Elo Point than you, you will lose less Elo Points, or you may not lose any Elo Point at all.
If you want more details visit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Job Elo Point
All created characters start with 1000 Job Elo Points.
Any job kills effect this Elo.
This Elo Point is used to calculate Job Rank.

Survival Arena Elo Point
All created characters start with 1200 Survival Arena Elo Points.
Kills in Survival Arena effect this Elo.
This Elo Point is used in Survival Arena Matchmaker.

PvP Elo Point
All created characters start with 1000 PvP Elo Point
Any PvP kills effects this Elo.
This Elo Point is effected your Rank Animation while wearing PvP cape.

Ranking Systems
Amethyst is play2win that means you win as much as you play.

PvP Ranking
The Pvp ranking is working over Elo Points.It gives you an automatic animation while wearing cape.This will make your enemies think twice before they challenge you!

Job Ranking
Job ranking is working over Job Elo point.Its weekly updated.Best 30 player is rewarded with unique icon near their name.

Top 5 players rewarded with this icon:
Following 10 players are rewared with this icon:
Following 15 players rewared with this icon:

Guild War Ranking
Explained above.

Automated Events

Survival Arena
Explained above.

Protect The Caravan
We are proud to announce our unique event called "Protect The Caravan".
When the event period is started, out bot will start trade caravan at our new PTC map. Trade caravan can't be stopped with stuns, slows etc. Traders/Hunters must protect the caravan on the other hand Thieves must destory the caravan. Before event start there will be a betting for who will win that all players can bet!
Spoiler!

Lucky Party Number
Classic Lucky Party Number event.

Hide N Seek Event
Classic Hide N Seek event.

Search N Destory Event
Classic Search N Destroy event.

Skill Balances
Here are the balance changes that we have done so far. I will add a bit more description later.

Warlock Tree

We have made these changes on the Warlock Tree as we believe them to be too strong. Warlock Characters should be played in a team rather than grinding solo; we believe that this is the best balance regarding Warlock players. They will not feel a difference when in a team play as their teammates will heal them.

General
Warlock Overall Mana Consumption Increased
Sleep Ability is removed from the Warlock Tree
Warlock Poisons now costs 10% of total HP to cast.
This change applies for both Enemy Characters and Enemy Monsters.
Warlock Diseases now costs 10% of total HP to cast
This change applies for both Enemy Characters and Enemy Monsters.

Warlock Traps now costs 10% of total HP to cast

Warlock Vampire Ability now costs 5% of total HP to cast

Cleric Tree

We believe that Cleric Tree is too strong since they can Heal their teammates and themselves without a punishment we decided to increase their Cooldowns and Mana Consumption. This will not affect the real gameplay of European characters as they are designed to play in parties.

General
Cleric Overall Mana Consumption Increased & Cooldown Increased
Cleric Reserve oblation's Cooldown is increased to 60 seconds.
Cleric Reserve oblation's Physical & Magical Absorption ratio is decreased to 30%.

Cleric reverse immolation's Cooldown is increased to 60 seconds.
Cleric reverse immolation's Physical & Magical Absorption ratio is decreased to 35%.

Warrior Tree

We believe that Warrior currently have an unbalance on the stunning abilities, we have decided to reduce the stun time for warrior abilities without affecting the gameplay too much. The stun's are especially annoying when battling against Warrior/Rogue builds.

General
Warrior skill screens reduced to 30 seconds.

Sprint Assault; Stun duration reduced to 3 seconds.
Rogue Tree

We have made this small change on the Rogue Tree as we believe them to be unpunishable with such a high damage. Therefore we decided to change the most important ability which is the Dagger Desperate.

General

Dagger Desperate can't be closed while being stunned now.

Chinese Balances:
Bichaeon

We decided to add 2 passives for Chinese Characters as we believe them to have individual problems this applies for both INT and STR Characters.

General
2 new individual passives for INT & STR Characters.
Blade passive = only active when wearing blade, gives 10% phy dmg.
Sword passive = only active when weaing sword, gives 10% phy def

Heuksal

We decided to add 2 passives for Chinese Characters as we believe them to have individual problems this applies for both INT and STR Characters.

General
2 new individual passives for INT & STR Characters.
Glavie passive = only active when wearing glavie, gives 10% phy dmg
Spear passive = only active when weaing spear, gives 10% phy def

Pacheon
Pacheon => 1 passive 10% phy dmg, 10% phy def[/center]

Post subject: Re: Amethyst Silkroad / 90CAP / EU CH / Old school / VoIP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:14 pm 
Common Member

Since nobody posted here...I will.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:13 am 
Elite Member

I'm surprised at how not-too-bad the server actually looks. It's the first thread I've bothered reading through in a while.

But I'm guessing it's filled with bot parties and nearly no community. So eh :p

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:37 pm 
Common Member

ltsune wrote:

But I'm guessing it's filled with bot parties and nearly no community. So eh :p

Oh four sure it is.