Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Few ?s for Jsro players
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:20 pm 

Howdy. I've looked through and have seen posts about jsro not being very crowded, how do the jobs fare? I seem to be the only player thief able to find 2* trades or above so far, so im curious about that with less people. I'm probly going to jsro, got the guides will download later tonight.
Also im sure this is a given but about the players being "nicer" you do mean just showing a little more respect and not a lack of pvp I hope.
One last thing, on a scale of 1-10 how much better is jsro then isro? Not like it matters im going to try it anyways just curious.

-Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:35 pm 
Loyal Member

If you are for the community:

iSRO 6/10 (loads of annoying and insulting people, but still you canf ind some friends there)
jSRO 2/10 (unless you can type japanese, you might have a hard time, there are people who can talk english but they are fewer)

If you are for the comfort:

iSRO 3/10 (again, too much annoying people)
jSRO 8/10 (in my case, i like to be able to grind without being bothered by a hundred bots, but the lack of autopot makes it a bit more difficult)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:57 pm 
Advanced Member

HyorunmarouZ wrote:

iSRO 6/10 (loads of annoying and insulting people, but still you canf ind some friends there)
jSRO 2/10 (unless you can type japanese, you might have a hard time, there are people who can talk english but they are fewer)

jSRO 8/10 (in my case, i like to be able to grind without being bothered by a hundred bots, but the lack of autopot makes it a bit more difficult)

+1
True
i been reading and they will have autopot soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:00 pm 
Loyal Member

Silver0 wrote:
HyorunmarouZ wrote:

+1
True

They already have, but it's an Item Mall, such unavailable for us foreigners. But if they implement it for all players, then i might take a tour there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:44 pm 

Alright that sounds good. I can do without the autopot feature. I know a few people that will switch there also if I do so, so the language barrier I really dont have to much concern for. Looks as if ill be headed that way then. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:00 am 
Advanced Member

HyorunmarouZ wrote:
Silver0 wrote:
HyorunmarouZ wrote:

+1
True

They already have, but it's an Item Mall, such unavailable for us foreigners. But if they implement it for all players, then i might take a tour there.

oh Ment cSRO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:57 am 

Well it seems to work fine, installed everything kosher, there are 3 people in jangan right now, wow. 3 stallers not another soul that I can see. Instead of japanese characters/letters i have ??s and no hp/mp displayed but ill figure that out later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:20 am 
Loyal Member

Splice wrote:
Well it seems to work fine, installed everything kosher, there are 3 people in jangan right now, wow. 3 stallers not another soul that I can see. Instead of japanese characters/letters i have ??s and no hp/mp displayed but ill figure that out later.

Go to Control Panel, then to Regional Settings, go to Advanced and where it says: Language for non Unicode programs, select Japanese.

You need to have installed the East Asia Language pack from Windows though...

Last edited by HyorunmarouZ on Thu May 17, 2007 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:57 am 

Cool, I followed Cruor's Guide to the media edit with hexeditor and got them to show up in english fine. So far, so good thanks for the advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:24 pm 
Ex-Staff

The chances are you'll never get to know anybody on JSRO.

Its true you can have uninterrupted grinding but whats the point grinding by yourself in a game where you know nobody?

Friends and enemies alike motivate me to grind, so if I have neither, why bother? I suggest you sticking to iSRO for the sake of community.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:29 pm 

Well I know a few people from ingame that will probly switch over, as well as friends in real life that are going to try it, im just letting them know how it goes, yes, conflict is what makes this game fun but as soon as that thief suit comes on anybody I can take is fair game to me, Japanese or otherwise. Despite the post count I have played isro for quite awhile and im just wanting to do something diffrent, one server is about to be missing a guild for awhile but that will not make an impact im sure. The little I have played jsro I actually do like it, espically the lack of lag and logging in better. I wont be in jsro forever im sure I will get banned, a thief running around looking for traderuns yelling out loud "Its godzilla run for the hills call the hounds!" will be painfully obvious as an American. Im just doing it for fun.