Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:05 pm 
Casual Member

I started with my second character,and since i wanted to make him great by himself,i started to hunt mobs to,and a good advice is,perform quests and pick up ANY loot you find,then sell it,either to the Npc or the Players.

But don't leave it,why? because it looks good in you're storage all those numbers.

But that's common knowledge. :)

Build-Pure strenght/fire/lightning/Glaive.

Joyless needs to get theire act together...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:28 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

This is an excellent guide,by reading this guide i have managed to get over 2mill by grinding blues! believe it or not,And as he said dont ask,dont scam,dont buy gold from sites..My problem was buyng gold from sites and im not going to lie about it either,and yea i use to ask people here and there but again it gets u know were,so listen to this guide and i am sure it will help u in all the ways you can think of.=]

Type:Full str Blader
Currently working on:SP arming/Grinding
Type:Pure int Nuker
Currently working on:SP farming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:20 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

ohhh..
Moneyland,here i come!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:44 am 
Common Member

OMG I'am str 62 lv....and I can't grind on green...becouse I will never lv up...
I lose too much money on pots...but who cares...rather pay more but lv up faster... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:56 pm 

all though i knew this..

very informative :)

keep up the good work

Quote:
Famous quotations are for people who have nothing of their own to say, so be sure to use a lot of them. -The Onion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:43 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hay guys,

Grinding green is the way to go. In each 3 hr grinding trip, I can earn 100 K money without using a pot :P . Value of items, crystal and elxir. are not included in the earning calculation. I am a cleric just using normal attack to grind and have a 9 lvl gap. Normally, I can kill the green normal monster within 4 hits and I can kill a giant monster slowly. If I get damaged, I just need to heal myself. The rate of the my MP recovery is almost the same as or more than my MP usage. Thus, the only expense for each trip is less than 10 K (equipment repair and a horse scroll). You may be able to pick up a return to town scroll in the grinding so you save 5 K. Using this method, I have grinded for a month or so and get almost 10 SOS as a by-product..... lucky me :D (looking forward to a SOM/SOSUN). There are 5 mil of cash in my pocket. I don't see an urgent need to trade. You guys can try to do the same thing. By the way, the whole money milking process will be much more easier if you can borrow some money to buy a SOS weapon..........but that's lots of money. You need a pretty rich and good buddy. However, you can also pull this trick out even if you just have a +2-3 weapon.

This my two cents,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:17 am 
Common Member

The best way in my opinion - become 36 lvl. Then go to the punishers (europe)they will be the last green for u. AND they give symbol of obydience. 6 pieces of wind 4 with a good drop rate. lots of cash and good drops cuz they are green!! and idontknow. not everybody is so lucky ..... . I never saw a SOS on ground

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:43 pm 
Valued Member

Great Guide! Grinding green mobs do give you a lot of money :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:42 am 

i am always buying low and selling high.

i buy a few armor/weapons for 20-50k and sell em for 3x. i gain 2x profit which is really good. if i stall for a little i end up making a few 100k each time. problem with this technique is that you need to start with money :cry:

btw you can also break down the 2nd degree blade and get wind2. then sell wind 2 for 2k each. sell the wind2 in higher lv cities to make some good gold.

why wind2? because you need wind2 for those tablets of Str. everybody needs em. Therefore wind2 is always in demand. only problem with this technique is that you have to have money first :banghead:

other then that just pick up your gold and stall the items you dont want.

just my 2 cents :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:08 am 
Common Member

This is a rather old topic :)

The most important thing to remember however, is left out.

DON'T DO ALCHEMY.

It WILL eat all you gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:03 am 
Frequent Member

SiNaC wrote:
This is a rather old topic :)

The most important thing to remember however, is left out.

DON'T DO ALCHEMY.

It WILL eat all you gold.

learned it the HARD way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:15 am 
Banned User

Misaklo wrote:
nice guide Shiz, didn't think yuo had it in yuo, now if you could follow that advice :roll:

-.-

It is spelled You*********** Y+O+U*****************

Not yuo that is not a word
-.-

Oh and nice guide btw...

I make quite a bit of money when im low lvl Like lvl 7 kinda low and i get enough cash to buy the 3 pieces of armor you dont get when u start a char and take out Mangyangs * i know sounds noobish but it yeils profit*

i take 9 0r 10 at a time and at 7 they all drop around 50-70 gold and u use no pots at all if u dont Imbue.

I take in about 20k for about 15 minutes *not much but when ur poor ur poor*

Hmm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:44 am 

sorry im pretty new too the game :cry:

but what is grinding and greens?

i need to make some cash bad i only got 1.6mill :banghead:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:54 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

xx_JESSE_xx wrote:
sorry im pretty new too the game :cry:

but what is grinding and greens?

i need to make some cash bad i only got 1.6mill :banghead:

griding = killing monsters (not quest though)
green = when you click on them there's a green circle beside their name (they're 4-6 levels lower than you)

Post subject: Re: A Quickie Guide to Money Management for the Not So Rich
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:16 pm 
Banned User

uhm first i had that problem to, i had 1m on lvl 20 :banghead: so i did 1* star trades.

so i started a new character.

and got 13m cash, full sos 5D +2 (10m) + SoS +2 glavie (8m) on lvl 39..

and that just by merchanting.

people say im a merchant god :twisted:

it takes 2 days to know all the prices. and than it takes 1 day for me to make from 10m , 15m-20m :twisted:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:33 pm 

ShizKnight wrote:
Theres MUCH more people in Hotan/Donwhang in Troy. Level 30+ takes under a month if you grind at least 3 hours a day without gold ticket.

1 week more like it 1-16 1 day 16-20 2 day 20-23 3 day 23-25 4 day
25-27 5 day 27-28 1/2 6 day 28 1/2-30 7 day

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:12 pm 
Banned User

Gemini wrote:
ShizKnight wrote:
Theres MUCH more people in Hotan/Donwhang in Troy. Level 30+ takes under a month if you grind at least 3 hours a day without gold ticket.

1 week more like it 1-16 1 day 16-20 2 day 20-23 3 day 23-25 4 day
25-27 5 day 27-28 1/2 6 day 28 1/2-30 7 day

lmao?

1 month!?

i started 2 days ago a lvl 1 nuker full int its now lvl 31..

and i did 4 gap + only 100% ticket used, 60% i still got.

and only plaid in total in 2 days 5 hours.

so dunno how u come up with 1 month xD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:24 pm 
Casual Member

Tips to make money ...there are a lot on this forums .

Do not stop to get gold when grinding , unless its a party or giant !
Why ..cause u lose a lot of time ...and the guy/bot next to u kills the mob that u intended to kill after getting the loot . He gets a drop , u get 400 gold. See the point ? Grab money only al low lvls...top10 . Stop after that.

U MUST GRAP tose bags for elements ! look for wind2, fire2 , water4 .
Grind a lot at mobs that drops bags whit those elements ( for low lvl ).

DO NOT GRIND ON GREEN , WHITE IS THE BEST TO GRIND ! U can even grind at orange if the last skill used on the white mobs do more dmg then the rest of HP that the mob have (after u use the first 2 skills).

The most important thing is how u manage you;re pots.Calculate how much mana u need for imbue and 2 or 3 skill that u use on grinding.Then go on automatic pots ...and put the corect % of when the mana or hp to automaticaly enables.
IT VERY IMPORTANT. i see a lot of people whit hp enabled ad 75 % ( let;s say that the rest of 25% = 500 HP ) and he use large pots . WRONG ... totaly wrong ! U should lower it at 60 -65 %.

We all posts how to make money ! But the truth is that the old players made a lot of money since that event when u got GDF and lots of monster scrolls.
It;s harder for new players , but this is , in my opinion , the way to do it .

hope it help.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:36 pm 

what does grind greens mean?

gind monsters that are green to you? I guess?

so im lvl 30 I should kill tigers or somthing?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:32 am 

@UP No, tigers would be blue, so you would get very very low xp, and hardly any $$. Blue,Green,White,Orange,Red is the lvl difference between you, and your mob. So you are lvl 30, go to Earth Ghosts, since they are 4 lvls lowe then you, and so, they are Green (you will notice once you click on them).Oh, go there once ur 31, go to The horses for now i guess (25/26 lvl)

OK, well i would like to share some of my money making tricks, i know these may be populare, but reading through this thread, none have been posted,and no offense, you got some pretty bad ways of making money.

1. TRADES
-Needed:Horse (lvl 30 or higher, since Normal mobs may kill the lvl 20 (kokorus). Some Horse Pots, and some Abnormal Horse Pots.
WARNING,dont take a camel, ill explain why.
In Ksro/Csro, i used to do 5* trades by myself, easily at 30+, i stayed on the horse, and just walked away. Horse is too fast for the Euro NPC thieves, they hit you once they spawn, and then they just run behind you. You may get hit a few times, but not enough to kill you, so doing this, i got 1M+ profit every trade run.

2.Why kill Green Mobs?
OK, ye i know, its fast kills, but killing white mobs 2-3 lvls under you is enough (unless u die 24/7). White mobs=lvling faster, which means more cash faster, since higher lvl dops are worth more+ you wont get bored (probably) so u can grind longer.

3. Did in KSRO/CSRO

When we had the event, with the boxes, i went straight away to ong plvl spots, and started picking them up (dunno if it works in isro)This got me a ot of money, from Monster scrolls, but i never got a pandora. NOTE: i did this when i got bored, or when there was no 8man party.

4. Stealing

It sounds weird, but its pretty much what you do. NOTE: Probably not posible in isro, but those in csro this will help you (MAYBE ksro).

Go to karakoram, and open the Map (Press M) Around the area, where it says Karakoram (on map) there are many 6X and maybe 7X wiz plvlers, and they dont pick stuff up, like Tabs, Elixers, Alchemy material, and even weps. Just run around there.
TIP: in csro, you get 15 (or 20) 100% moving speed scrolls, which lasts you 20 hours of running around and making money, so make a new char and go there.
NOTE: I did this at 2X, because: No one was only/No 8man Party, so it was better then grinding at that lvl, and our guild needed gold to lvl up (new guild on new server)

Pretty much it, ill see if i can remember anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:24 pm 

When I first started out to get my first million I did it cuz I wanted a wolf :sohappy: I made about 1m in just over one week by reselling at a higher price, ofc I didn't buy it at a normal price, I got a few really nice ones that eventually gave me my first million :)

And one last tip, EVENTS! You can make HUNDREDS of millions out of them, if you are smart. ;)

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:
technically speaking all i need is DOT for dull and wheel bind to kill a chinese char but the other stuff just adds salt to the wounds

im telling i never lose to chinese

edit: and if ur the type to throw up a fire wall or ice wall, i just walk away and sit down lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:18 pm 
Veteran Member

apan wrote:
When I first started out to get my first million I did it cuz I wanted a wolf :sohappy: I made about 1m in just over one week by reselling at a higher price, ofc I didn't buy it at a normal price, I got a few really nice ones that eventually gave me my first million :)

And one last tip, EVENTS! You can make HUNDREDS of millions out of them, if you are smart. ;)

2006 called, they want their thread bumped for no reason.