Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Hybrid Str Archer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:09 pm 
Banned User

-.- wrote:
once bow gets kb, it does better in pvp... having stun/kb cancels a lot
don't know why bow would have hard time against warlock if bow phantoms around since bow has longer range than warlock (without being debuffed with range thing but I think it is still slightly longer than warlock still)

might not kill fast but just looking to for a stun using kb/phantom to buy time

The warlock has a near to instant stun which has 80% chance of working, and if it works, you'll be then in 3-4s fully debuffed, maybe even with DoTs which will rapidly kill you if you are with "panic" status, even if you use pills to take all debuffs off, he can simply do it again with his AoE stun, or his normal stun again. I doubt you'll be able to buy much time against a good warlock, anyways, this is just my personal opinion, things may be different. The only way of surviving and possibly winning would be if you successfully manage to stay out of his range and he is not in "cleric mode", if he is in "cleric mode", I don't think you'll be able to kill him unless you crit or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:18 pm 
Addicted Member

raphaell666 wrote:
-.- wrote:
once bow gets kb, it does better in pvp... having stun/kb cancels a lot
don't know why bow would have hard time against warlock if bow phantoms around since bow has longer range than warlock (without being debuffed with range thing but I think it is still slightly longer than warlock still)

might not kill fast but just looking to for a stun using kb/phantom to buy time

The warlock has a near to instant stun which has 80% chance of working, and if it works, you'll be then in 3-4s fully debuffed, maybe even with DoTs which will rapidly kill you if you are with "panic" status, even if you use pills to take all debuffs off, he can simply do it again with his AoE stun, or his normal stun again. I doubt you'll be able to buy much time against a good warlock, anyways, this is just my personal opinion, things may be different. The only way of surviving and possibly winning would be if you successfully manage to stay out of his range and he is not in "cleric mode", if he is in "cleric mode", I don't think you'll be able to kill him unless you crit or something.

It's just that there is very lil amount of good warlocks out there. And even if warlock is in "cleric mode" couple shots from good bow are enough to kill.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:08 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I am thinking of making my build 90 Pach/Ice, 78Fire, 48light. Mainly b/c i get ICe shields, Fireshields and coveres me for magic & phy attacks. I want ice b/c of it slowing everyone down combined w/ KB when i get it should be killer. I have SOS +5 Bows with 12 crit.

My char is 2:1 Str Hybrid Bower.

What am i REALLY losing besides piercing force series at higher levels? I can already 1 hit kill most mages/warlocks etc at my level assuming they dont get me first. I want to be good at PVP but i also want to own at high level PVE. I want a balance...

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:47 am 

First thing. It's 100 cap now lol. Ice combo is especially annoying if u don't have immunity. Works better at this cap cos most nukers last immunity. I would still think it's better off maxing either fire or light. Being a 2:1 hybrid, the extra magical damage from imbues is quite a lot. U can still keep ice high and then either max fire or light depending on personal preference. Just a suggestion but give it a little thought.