Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [GUIDE] Cleric Versus Bard <Subclass>
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:58 pm 
Banned User

As I've seen, people of the European Races have trouble choosing Cleric or Bard. They think both are good, and don't know which to pick. I'm going to prove to you here, that Cleric is the overall better choice, both in Solo-ing and Party-ing. I hope you enjoy my guide, and read it thoroughly. With many thanks, SaoKill.

Image VERSUS Image

Summary:
I. Cleric
II. Bard
III. Solo
IV. Party
V. Live Without Bard

I.ImageCleric

a.Integrity: Removes the bad status on all party members excluding stun and petrify. This skill randomly removes two curses and also removes Bloody Trap.

b.Healing Orbit: Recovers small amounts of HP over a certain area of time for you and party members.

c.Bless Spell: Creates a sacred wave in which the Gods raise your magical and physical power by a certain amount.

d.Recovery Division: Shares a certain amount of healing power for a certain time, with the lowest member of the party.

e.Reverse Oblation: Resurrects the target in a state in which the soul is damaged.

e.Holy Spell: Temporarily protects all party members from bad statuses, except stun and petrify.

II.ImageBard

a.Swing March: Increases a movement of speed at a fixed time for party members.

b.Noise: Protects you from the attack of monsters for a while.

c.Mana Cycle: Recovers small amounts of MP on the stimulated target.

III.Solo

Cleric:
The best for Solo-ing. You might not think so, but it is. Without speed, you still have the HP Recovery skills such as Healing Orbit and Recovery Division. These will help you Solo a Giant or hardly use half the pots you would use with them. Also, if your fighting against monsters that give you status, Holy Spell will help give you immunity to them.

Bard:
People think this is the greatest because you don't get mobbed up and you have speed. Well, Noise is very helpful, but you can live without it. And I'll explain later how to get "speed".

IV.Party

Cleric:
Cleric is a the best at Party play too. You can give yourself and others HP healing skills such as Healing Orbit and Recovery Division when there is no cleric, and Holy Spell to make you be immune to statuses.

Bard:
Bard can only give themselves Noise, so it is pretty useless for others. Speed is helpful though, but in European parties, it isn't really needed much.

V.Live Without Bard

Noise is the one thing you can't get, through anything. Only people with bard can get speed, but you can still live without it. Same with Mana Cycle.
But Speed, you can get through cheap and a bit pricey ways. I'll explain both:

a. The first way to get speed is to buy them at the grocery store. There is 50% and 100%: Image

b. Or, Sapphire Tablets:
With some elements, you can make these into speed drugs.

Thanks, And I hope you enjoyed my guide. Please leave any constructive criticism and comments, and all SRF Rules apply to this thread.
SaoKill

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Cleric Versus Bard <Subclass>
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:42 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

the only problem is that the drugs are expensive.. well its not exactly pocket change

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:48 pm 
Banned User

exactly, I said that, in which you should get tablets and elements..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:26 pm 
Banned User

cleric is usually for shared partying for soloing isn't great on the other hand bard is good at soloing and kinda ok for share pt have you looked into going cleric/bard ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:14 am 

You just skiped the part that Bards dont need MP pots (due to Tunning Noise and, some times, to Mana Cycle). Plus, Bard is also good soloing - with high damage... the only problem is the very low HP (INT based), which can be compensated with the MP pots you don't buy :D !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:32 am 
Frequent Member

yamiofhell wrote:
the only problem is that the drugs are expensive.. well its not exactly pocket change

100k for a drug...I'm sure you'll find a drop worth 100k within 30 minutes or atleast 50k in gold to make up for that...since you are either cleric or bard subclass...either mp or hp pots won't be needed...

iContagious - 81

ZSZC:
iPewPewUQQ - 63 Bower

Iris :
Star_L1ght - 59 Rogue/Warrior

Venus:
TR_ousers 57 Rogue/Bard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 am 
Valued Member

Your guide is pretty simple and straightforward I like that and agree with the cleric section but Bard sub is just as good for party-play depending on your main and your servers party/play situation.

the following is what a lot of rogues, wizards, clerics and warriors do on Venus.

Currently there are a lot of people looking for parties, and sometimes we'll have 3 warriors online that want a party, obviously we only need 2. Now if one of those 3 warriors has sub bard, we make him use tambour or hit march and possibly a dance.

Rogues, aren't too welcome in parties, most rogues on Venus (Server) have mana cycle, tambour, hit march, the dances, and of course moving/swing march.

Their main class is still warrior/rogue or wizard or whatever but they chose bard sub in order to party play.

Also for wizards, there'll be times where there are 4 wizards and one of them can't get full buffs, and let's say we're lacking mp and one of them has bard sub? that's just awesome because bards are extremely useful.

1. wizards can't constantly nuke at higher levels because each nuke takes an enormous amount of mp
2. tambour is invaluable when partying at mobs 11 levels higher than yourself
3. better than constantly dying because you don't have buffs from a tank, switching to bard and putting up a dance of magic is the better choice, it adds damage to the party and helps the other wizards reach their full potential

You're right cleric sub is awesome, even if it is just for the rez or bless cycle in parties but bard sub doesn't fall short.

and in order for tanks to lure, moving march is extremely necessary, I'd urge party players to get bard sub just for this, there's no way we can make money partying at generals or at mobs 11 levels higher than us without buying/selling or making stones, money doesn't come easy to us party players.

and clerics / wizards also need moving march, they need to move away from mobs quickly or run towards warriors luring to help them, a 8/8 party all on drugs would be a miracle.

gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:36 am 
Banned User

Notice:
This is SUBCLASS, not main build..

And @ AngelsGod, if your in a party, I'm guessing atleast 1 person has bard... lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:52 pm 

to be honest, bard is really usefull. I use bard to cover up weaknesses. Sure healing is usefull, but dont count bard out yet. Bards do get speed, most in game. Noise, usefull for running around and not getting it. Usefull for Wizards and Rogues because when they use Life control, DD, or EX, their arggo skyrockets! With noise, mobs wont attack you so you can continue to dominate with uber power. Mana cycle is usefull as well because you can recover the mana of yourself, or fellow party members that are running low on MP. With the Pot delay, a Wizard can run out of magic fast. Also, with the dancing skills, you can up attacks by %!!! not just set numbers but %!!!!. Dont get all dancing skilsl though. :roll: Over time, those speed pots really make a hole in your pocket, but if you got the skill, you save tons of money that is wasted by people with no bard.

Bard to me, is the most usefull. I see others use Cleric skills and i see a weak person trying to give them extra healing because they cant kill without it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:10 pm 
Loyal Member

That drug and tablet thingy for speed isn't going to work..
Either they or too expensive or either you can't find them..
Bard stays the best for me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:51 pm 
Loyal Member

the bless/recovery divison wont save you if you are ganged up without delay when soloing and you cant kill them fast enough so at least noise makes sure you only fight 1 at a time

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:24 am 
Frequent Member

Ever fought someone who had all the bard buffs ?
Like freaking 40% absorb of mag/phy, and like 40% increase mag at least.
Its sickening, bless lasts for 45 secs, those last as long as your near the bard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:14 am 
Loyal Member

heh no one mentioned it before

but i used bard buff while in dw and people in pt at both the east and south gates were getting buffed :D that's how wide the buffs are

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:43 pm 
Loyal Member

Conclusion:
Bard is as good as Cleric,
They both have their advantages and disadvantages
With bard you will lvl faster but you will have slightly less def in pvp, but you will be stronger cuz you have higher lvl than someone with cleric subclass who levels a bit slower..
No subclass that is stronger.. No discussion xD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:18 pm 
Banned User

At 80, it won't matter. I personally level faster with cleric, and hardly use ANY HP pots, since Recovery Division is fine. Getting mobbed? No problem, Bless Spell. What does speed do? Sure you run a bit faster, but it isn't worth it. Want speed? ask friends for scrolls from the events, make stones, or buy it.
And a little Defense? more like 1-2k more defense.
Recovery Division is a lifesaver in PvP, and that's what will count at Lv80, when your fully farmed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:04 pm 
Banned User

Bard is a lot less SP, will probably keep you alive as much as Cleric would in PvE(Other than Giants), and has a Free Speed boost that will eventually be stronger than the Drugs. It's still good I would take Bard if you want to save money and farming time and Cleric if you seriously care about how you do in PvP.

Wizard/Cleric Guide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:00 am 
Banned User

It won't be stronger than the drugs, since new drugs will come out...
And *Against Giants/Anything that is a Party*... So you just grind off Normal and Champions? How boring. Personally, Cleric is a lot funner/better. It all comes down to, Speed/Noise or Healing/Defence...
Which would help you more when your Lv80 Fully Farmed?

Edit: Might I mention, you won't be immune to ice, so you'll easily be taken down by wizards/chinese

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:06 am 
Banned User

SaoKill wrote:
And *Against Giants/Anything that is a Party*... So you just grind off Normal and Champions? How boring. Personally, Cleric is a lot funner/better. It all comes down to, Speed/Noise or Healing/Defence...

Edit: Might I mention, you won't be immune to ice, so you'll easily be taken down by wizards/chinese

100% is the max there is no more coming out. Konpaku would have it if there was...

Wizard/Cleric Guide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:17 am 
Veteran Member

BloodOwnzzz wrote:
SaoKill wrote:

100% is the max there is no more coming out. Konpaku would have it if there was...

sure hope it cointinues would blow if it stops
either way at that point is a free drug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:10 pm 
Elite Member

Well I've tried many European chars and from all of them, the one I liked most, by far, was the bard. Sure you can't survive in a party without a good cleric, but without a good bard it's impossible aswell, I think it's not about wich one is better, it's about wich one you like most, beucase both of them, Cleric and Bard, are essential in their own ways.

Really, that's my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:19 pm 
Loyal Member

heh new thinig i saw on konpaku's site is that noise applies for entire party when we get new book for it

for pve, noise is a bit more useful than recovery division in high spawn areas because the healing cant compensate for getting hit by 4 or 5 mobs at once

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:32 am 

You wrote bards are almost uselles in partys... That isnt true. All classes needs Mana Cycle to spam their skills, and what about dances? Dances are really helpful in partys, imagine you have bard which give you 34% higher dmg... yea... thats uselles :roll: Partys should have at least 2 bards... one for dances other for mana cycle. But this only works if you have int char... str chars can just use noise/moving march or maybe mana cycle which is uselles in partys like you said.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:54 pm 
Elite Member

Yeah, none of them is better that the other.

Each one completes the other one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:10 pm 

what about battle bards 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:59 pm 
Banned User

This guide is kind of flawed in my opinion. You missed a lot of things like absolute damage and others that were already mentioned. This guide is your flawed opinion. People may have different opinions than yours, AND these things may vary depending on your main class. In my opinion you simply cannot compare subclasses without knowing what class they will be for.

I +1 at -.-, Kazook and Thee_UniQue posts.

EDIT: I noticed that this guide is kind of old and:
BloodOwnzz wrote:

http://www.silkroadonline.wiki.br/skill ... =592#skill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:25 am 
Banned User

i rather choose cleric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:38 am 

i just skimmed through this really fast.............but, I'm a wiz/bard.

I should have chosen cleric, unfortunately that needs a whole bunch of SP.

Noise is really only helpful at some mobs,example worms, but I'm now at Snipers, and Noise is USELESS, since snipers are none agro. But Noise does allow you to go to areas and grind where some can't, cuz the mobs are agro. ( agro is aggressive right?? I'm not sure about what agro means.) But of course noise doesn't work against champs/giants, sucks ass.

And I use LC, I'm pretty sure that if i had RD, i would survive better there. Since if i do get a hit from a sniper and I'm using LC, I'm nearly dead, but of course a crit = DEAD.

Also noise doesn't work when your in a exp share party, LAAAAAAAAAAME.

Oh yeah, light armor is sooooooooooooo much nicer looking than robes, i hate the long skirts.

level - 1000
guild - The_300

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:45 pm 
Elite Member

I think this should be moved..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:00 pm 
Common Member

raphaell666 wrote:
This guide is kind of flawed in my opinion. You missed a lot of things like absolute damage and others that were already mentioned. This guide is your flawed opinion. People may have different opinions than yours, AND these things may vary depending on your main class. In my opinion you simply cannot compare subclasses without knowing what class they will be for.

I +1 at -.-, Kazook and Thee_UniQue posts.

EDIT: I noticed that this guide is kind of old and:
BloodOwnzz wrote:

http://www.silkroadonline.wiki.br/skill ... =592#skill

You can't really Have a flawed Opinion

KylieMinogue wrote:
i just skimmed through this really fast.............but, I'm a wiz/bard.

I should have chosen cleric, unfortunately that needs a whole bunch of SP.

Noise is really only helpful at some mobs,example worms, but I'm now at Snipers, and Noise is USELESS, since snipers are none agro. But Noise does allow you to go to areas and grind where some can't, cuz the mobs are agro. ( agro is aggressive right?? I'm not sure about what agro means.) But of course noise doesn't work against champs/giants, sucks ass.

And I use LC, I'm pretty sure that if i had RD, i would survive better there. Since if i do get a hit from a sniper and I'm using LC, I'm nearly dead, but of course a crit = DEAD.

Also noise doesn't work when your in a exp share party, LAAAAAAAAAAME.

Oh yeah, light armor is sooooooooooooo much nicer looking than robes, i hate the long skirts.

I have a wizard bard...should have gone cleric..

空が太陽を抱きまどろむ君は僕に
不屈の美

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:45 pm 
Banned User

ofy1993 wrote:
seriously you are very wrong for bards in a party.

Noise only forthemselves? They have dances,tambours, MC. Without them, Euro Parties wouldn't work

+1

Junsai wrote:
You can't really Have a flawed Opinion

I don't understand exactly what you mean, but my english is not perfect so I may use wrong words (I'm not from a english country). But you did understand what I meant, am I wrong? What would be the world I should have used instead of 'flawed'?