Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide]The Not-So-Flashy Warrior Guide
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:09 am 
Veteran Member

NOTE: This was done out of sheer boredom. I did not put very much effort into the "shinies"
So you want to make the current "cookie-cutter" build. Hope you have fast fingers.
The greatest strength of a warrior cleric is the ability to be versatile. To be able to go from dual axes to 1hand to 2hand then to cleric to heal yourself needs a lot of timing work. Fit your skill bars for maximum speed.
I'll start with the skills.
WARRIOR:
We'll go in order.
SKILL TREE 1: Frenzy Buster

These are your Tanking and survival skills. The only one that doesn't need to be leveled is Descry, since NPC pills are more effective, and Descry has a long cooldown time and isn't very effective. Taunts don't need to be maxed, but you should have them leveled decently. Max Vital Increase, Mana and Iron skin, and Sprint Assault. Vital will allow you to pull more aggro on mobs so that they don't kill your INT builds, and increases your HP dramatically. Great for taking extra damage in large-scale PvP where the INTs do all the damage. It increases your Maximu HP + 9259 at 90. Mana and Iron skin allow you to take on multiple opponents. They increase your physical and magical defense dramatically, making it very hard for opponents to kill you. At 90, they increase your physical defense by 1247 and your magical defense by 1995.
Sprint assault is a life-saver. It is a long-range attack that has a high stun and knockback chance. It will stop many players in their tracks. The higher you level it, the farther you can sprint and the better chance to get knockback or stun. Max this.

SKILL TREE 2: Guard Barrier

These are your party skills. They are 100% NECESSARY as a tanker.
Pain Quota: Distributes damage throughout the party. At cap, it splits 65% of the buffed characters taken damage throughout the party. Max it. It will keep weaker INTS alive in party-training and in PvP.
Physical and Magical Fence: These are long-term buffs that allow you to absorb parts of the damage that the buffed player takes. At cap, when you buff another character with maxed fences, you can take 63% of the physical damage they take and 60% of the magical damage they take. If you want to be a lazy tank and just lure, max these. Also, when maxed, prevents other warriors from over buffing people you have buffed. This means that only other capped 90 warriors can do this; what I mean is, if their skill is higher than yours or the same level, they can over-lap your buffs then cancel them, debuffing the target player. This will allow the people you buffed to die (usually). Max them
Protect: Absorbs aggro. This means that more often than not, a monster attacked by a player you have buffed with this skill will attack you instead of them. It isn't necessary to max, but if you want to be a great party-training you should max it to keep mobs off the INTS, especially clerics.
Physical, Magical, and Ultimate screen: Max, max, and max! These increase another targets defense just like your skins do. Ultimate is the basic equivalent of Physical and Magical put together in one buff. These increase your defense by 1407 physical, 1877 magical, and for ultimate, 1173 physical and 1877 magical defense. These will save other players all the time.

SKILL TREE 3: 1Handed Lord

1 handed sword is the best tanker of all warrior classes. Lots of block and knock back, they are hard to kill. I recommend getting all of the skills maxed, as these are your passives and help you tank even better.
One Handed Arms: It is the mastery bonus of the tree. Allows you to hit harder. Max it (1 handed attacks do deceptively good damage at cap)
Power Shield: Increases your physical defense. At cap, 132 phys defense increase. Max it, you will need this maxed when fighting rogues and other warriors to survive their criticals.
Blockade: Increases your blockrate. A necessary max, as you will sometimes rely on a block.
Critical Void: Increases your critical parry ratio. Max it, you will take very few criticals with this maxed and 1 hand + shield on, which is an advantage over other warriors and rogues.

SKILL TREE 4: 1 Handed Sword

Simply because the damage isn't ridiculous on 1 hand, you will need these maxed. The only useless skill is Slash, as it does so-so damage and casts slowly. Get Cunning Stab and Daring Berserker maxed. Shield crush, which is only used primarily for knock-back, should be leveled to 7 minimum, since it attains the ability to deal out Dull level 9, which you will need to be able to cause, since dull adds a 50% damage multiplier to Cunning Stab.
SKILL TREE 5: 2 Handed Lord
Max these for the same reasons as 1 handed lord. Maximum damage, critical increase (which is the best passive; the more crits, the more dead bodies :)) and damage return, which will kill strength enemies sometimes ( 40% probability, and reflects 90% of the physical damage you take back at your opponent)

SKILL TREE 6: Two Handed Sword

These should ALL be maxed. Turn Rising causes knock-down, which is deadly as Triple Swing gets a 50% damage multiplier from it. Also, if the opponent has dull ( from shield crush ) then you knock down and use triple swing followed by charge swing, you get double 50% damage multipliers. Bash does devastating crits when the opponent is knocked down. Dare Devil is the stongest skill you have. Often does high damage, it hits twice, and often times one crit will kill your opponent. Warcry will increase your damage further.
SKILL TREE 7: Dual Lord
These aren't so necessary. Most players only get the skill that causes bleed, so axes aren't used for long. I have Dual Arms maxed, and the passives around 70~80, for sp reasons. The only interesting one is Protection, which allows you to resist more statuses, but with Holy Spell you can resist almost everything anyway.

SKILL TREE 8: Dual Axe

The only skill I recommend getting for axes is Sudden Twist (lvled to 7 minimum for stun/bleed 9). It is a fast cast, and causes stun often, as well as bleed, which can help destroy your enemies. Bleed lowers defense and causes DoT, and goes through Holy Spell. The other attacks are flashy but not that useful. I maxed them for fun. Crucial Rush does good damage after Dare Devil, and sometimes finishes your opponent.

CLERIC SKILLS

I have highlighted only the necessities.
I will go in order from the skill trees i have highlighted.
NOTE: Max out Integrity (in the second skill tree in the skill window in game) To cure statuses like Bleed and Panic.

SKILL 1: Faith

This needs to be maxed for the Absolutes to be maxed. Max it. Also allows for 20% heal increase if you choose to wear robes at cap.

SKILL TREE 2: Mortal Recovery

These are absolute damage skills. Sometimes enemies are too strong or have too many buffs to kill with normal strikes. This can do good damage, and penetrates all defenses. When you have 2-3 cleric sub class characters, no character can survive if you are timed right. Max these.

SKILL TREE 3:Recovery

These are a few heals that you will need.
Don't bother with Group Healing. Slow and unnecessary. Healing Division/Favor are nice, fast heals and target members of the pt with the lowest HP, good for PvE if you are cleric-ing. Healing cycle is a MUST. It uses MUCH less MP to cast than Orbit; you will need to select yourself in PvP to use this but it is more effective and MP efficient in PVP. I have only level 9, I would only recommend getting it to around level 9-10, for MP cost issues. Orbit should be leveled to 1, for PvE or group PvP if you need to cleric. Orbit allows you, at cap, to spam orbit + healing favor and healing division to keep everyone alive.

SKILL TREE 4: Blessed Recovery

Bless spell. BLESS SPELL. Max it, it is like another skin but for the party. Increases defense by 1325 physical and 2119 magical defense. Group Recovery and Holy Recovery are the skills you want. Don't max them. Get Group Recovery to lvl 6~7, since it costs a lot of MP. Even though it isnt maxed, it will still heal for good HP, since it reflects your cleric rod's attack power by 300% and adds it to the heal. Holy recovery is the same thing, but is single target, costs less MP and you need to target yourself to use it. Both are instant-casts and allow you to max your HP fast in PvP. Also good in PvE while cleric-ing or soloing. Max Holy Recovery Division (level 1) as it is like a 5 minute Healing Cycle on yourself. Also effects your party members.

SKILL TREE 5: Resurrection

You only need Reverse Immolation at cap, since Group Reverse is slow and you don't need to res a whole party all the time (usually). Get it to level 4 if you want.

SKILL TREE 6:Glory

Charity is a great skill. Max it, since you need it for Holy Spell 2. Also, if in Light Armor, increases your buff effectiveness. Glory and Favor armor are necessary if you wear Light Armor. They will instanly increase your defense by 117 physical 212 magical at cap when you switch to cleric rod. When combined with the Deities (buffing yourself) you can have an insane amount of defense.

SKILL TREE 7: Saint Prayer

I only have Holy Spell 2 in this tree, which resists almost all status errors. The bind skills are useful in some situations, but I never bothered to get them.

SKILL TREE 8: Blessing

These are your buffs. Max the defense buffs, as they are very useful, fun to play with to give to noobs, and make you very hard to kill if you buff yourself in PvP. The Str and Int buffs aren't necessary, as you won't cleric much. I have them to lvl 60.

THE GEAR:
Robes
Spoiler!

Robes are good in PvP. I personally have a full final tier +5 set, and you will have a ton of magical defense in a set like that. I can tank a lvl 90 Full Farmed 76+9 SOM staff wizard (http://www.rev6.com/player.asp?id=172834) wearing robes (if you switch to 2hand to fight, you will die sometimes. but its a fair tradeoff wins to losses). These will cut your MP usage by 20%, increases moving speed by 20%, and have good enough defense to tank most builds with 1handed sword and shield equipped. You will have trouble with rogues and warriors though. If you can afford it, MAKE A ROBE SET. Sword shield nukers are your greatest nemesis. Snowshield will make them nearly impossible to kill and they can still deal massive damage.

Light Armor
Spoiler!

LA is the best set to make if you only make one set. You can have more defense than in HA + Robes if you are in cleric mode with your own defense buffs + glory and favor armor. You will buff for a lot more in PvE as well. If you can only afford one set, go with light armor. I can still tank the same wizard mentioned in the Robes section but it is MUCH harder if I want to kill him. Switching to anything but 1h/shield and cleric/shield leaves you wide open. LA gives a 10% MP consumption reduce and 10% moving speed increase

Heavy Armor
Spoiler!

Probably the worst set to pick, you will be a str tanking god. However, you will get destroyed by strong nukers, and wizards. Only make a heavy armor set if you also have a robe set to tank the INT builds. Gives no bonuses, so MP will also be a problem.

BLUES:
STR: Try to max as much of this as possible. The higher your balance, the harder you hit. With PT+ and str 6 on all your gear, you can get 112% phys balance alone (with 1h/shield). A str 5/6 set will suffice, if you aren't well off.
INT: You should try to get this blue 4+. The more INT, the more mag defense you can get, and the more MP you have, which is critical to healing yourself.
DURA: Well, add it for grind - time sake.
Parry Ratio: Max these as much as you can, parry is important when fighting INTs, as their damage range is quite high. The higher your parry, the lower your opponents will tend to hit.
HP/MP: Try to get 600/600. The more HP and Mp the better

WHITES: If you can't get over 41% on everything, at least get over 41% on most stats. Parry should always be above 40%.

Weapons: Use final tier everything, including cleric rod (you will heal more) Get at least +5's with critical 10 and up, 41% whites and up. Try to get a high crit on the 2 handed sword, as you will need all the crits you can get sometimes.

Weapon Blues:
STR/INT should follow the same as the gear blues.
Attack Rating: Get this one max. The higher your attack rating, the closer to max damage you will often hit. This is VERY important.
Block Parry Ratio (weapons) Get this max, as it will reduce blocks that opponents will get.
Critical Parry Ratio (shield) Max this too, as it will reduce criticals taken with a shield out. Will save you against str characters.

Partying:
For most mobs up until Antinoke/Chaser/Rocky, the mobs will be primarily physical. Until your buffs and party members have good enough skills and gear ( lvl 80+ skills and gear usually) Only lure enough that you can keep the monsters off of the INT builds. Use 1 handed sword to tank better. Shield bash monsters away if you need, and always use your taunts. At chaser/rocky, most party members are strong enough to survive only on Orbit, HRD, and your buffs, such that you can constantly lure and drop off the monsters at the wizards, then lure more. This maximizes leveling speed, but is a bit boring.

PVP Strategy
I never use skins or bless unless my opponent also uses skins / bless /(and sometimes snow shield, depending on the opponent). Since I have all three sets, I can pick and choose to optimize my PvP. I will leave the sets out of this. I also use HP Grains and Vigor Grains.
Mainly, always have Holy Recovery Division and Holy Spell on before PvPing. they are crucial to your survival. I usually start in cleric, and cast Healing cycle before PvP starts. My normal combo is sprint assault -> Daring Beserker, Shield Crush, -> Switch to axe -> Sudden Twist -> Switch to 2 handed -> DareDevil then either Turn Rising or Triple Swing. I only use turn rising if I didn't knock the opponent back, since this will bug them. If the opponent doesn't have Holy Spell on, I will use 1 handed till I land Dull-> then go to axe-> hope for bleed w/ sudden twist-> go to two hand-> use turn rising + triple and charge swing. The dull and knockdown allows for double 50% damage multipliers on the Triple and Charge swing attacks, landing very high damage. This is usually enough to kill many opponents. If you start taking large hits of damage, switch to cleric rod, select yourself (using either ctrl + 1 or clicking your name at the top) use Holy Recovery and then Healing Cycle. This will max your HP (usually).

For snowshield nukers -> If you cant kill them through snow, simply tank with 1 hand and switch to cleric to heal when necessary.
For other warriors -> try not to pull 2 handed out unless you know you won't get stunned. You leave your self vulnerable this way.
Rogues -> stay 1 handed. They won't usually kill you unless they go dagger desperate/cross bow extreme, at which time you can kill them with the 1 handed attacks.
Bladers -> I always use the dull + knockdown combo, they knock down too much to rely on daredevil.
Glaivers -> usually easy, die in 1-2 crits, unless they're in armor. If they are in armor, use the dull + knock down strategy.
Bowers -> Low HP and defense, kill them with 2 handed sword.
Wizards-> stay 1 handed until you get a stun with either sprint or dual axes. 1 daredevil will kill most wizards.
Spear nukers -> Can kill them through snow with 1-2 2hand crits
Warlocks -> They are deceptive. While they can only land panic, bleed, and sometimes Hidden if you have disease, the DoT's and their nukes will do decent damage. Keep yourself status-less and healed.
Bards/Clerics -> Wont be too much trouble, watch out for offering.

BUGS:
There are plenty of bugs you can cause. If you use Turn Rising after any skill that caused a knock back (and in some cases, the stun caused by sudden twist), they can spam skills while "knocked down" and can do damage to you that you can't see.
This is the main PvP bug, and is very annoying. There are some after effects to this bug, but they arent that annoying.

Once you get good at switching, you will become a force in pvp. You won't lose often, unless your gear blows. The faster and better you can react in PvP, the harder you will be to kill.
Post comments, and suggestions for addition :O
yes, it's a block of text. blow me if you don't like it >_>

Last edited by the_wicked on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [Guide]The Not-So-Flashy Warrior Guide
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:38 am 
Frequent Member

i applaud you for taking your time to writing the guide, but there are about 2-3 other guides exactly like this one <.<

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:42 am 
Veteran Member

Bop wrote:
i applaud you for taking your time to writing the guide, but there are about 2-3 other guides exactly like this one <.<

I know. But i've been asked before ._.

that, and I can answer almost any question one could have with the build.

I'm sure others can too....but I'm on srf like 1-2 hrs a day lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:18 am 
Loyal Member

yay for warrior guides!

I liked it, very accurate and descriptive.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:42 am 
Common Member

Great guide Alb! :D makes me wanna buy a prem+ for jinchu this week and FF him :D!. Maybe u can improve the guide a bit with adding what kind of blues/gear u need. Like wahts the minimum crit u should go with and phy att power etc.

Haha and u really should add a l33t vid of u owning some guys :P.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:49 pm 
Banned User

dutchleader wrote:
Great guide Alb! :D makes me wanna buy a prem+ for jinchu this week and FF him :D!. Maybe u can improve the guide a bit with adding what kind of blues/gear u need. Like wahts the minimum crit u should go with and phy att power etc.

I'd have to agree xD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:42 pm 
Frequent Member

Nice Guide. I got images of a Warrior/Cleric Guide I'm working on. If you want I can PM you those and you can post them. Or if not can I use your AlbelNox images in my guide? :)

ecSRO Highest Damage Contest v1.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:32 pm 
Veteran Member

OTG wrote:
Nice Guide. I got images of a Warrior/Cleric Guide I'm working on. If you want I can PM you those and you can post them. Or if not can I use your AlbelNox images in my guide? :)

doesn't matter :O go ahead and use em :P

dutchleader wrote:

gotta get someone that knows what they're doing to make me one :< i don't know a thing about video-making.

*cough* otg *cough*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:47 pm 
Frequent Member

the_wicked wrote:
OTG wrote:

doesn't matter :O go ahead and use em :P

Alright I will. :)

Quote:
dutchleader wrote:

gotta get someone that knows what they're doing to make me one :< i don't know a thing about video-making.

*cough* otg *cough*

Well after work I don't go to school or work tommorrow so i'll download the newest Silkroad Client and install it. Then i'll log in and I can make the video. Unless you want a first person view. Meaning you would film it and i'll edit it. If you need a cracked Fraps Astra or me have one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:14 pm 
Veteran Member

my comp would lag like shit.

i'll try and get some fraps, i think i have a cracked version already.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:02 am 

noob guide. noob player!

worst guide i've seen so far!

haha but seriously, pretty good guide, you go into detail in certain aspects that other guides don't (i.e extra healing skills or minimum required lvls for certain skills like shield crush)

8)

p.s: hows the college life? what school do you go to again? haha i'll catch you on vent some time.

p.s 2: albel is a noob!!! :love:

Quote:
Famous quotations are for people who have nothing of their own to say, so be sure to use a lot of them. -The Onion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:25 am 
Valued Member

you're wrong about heavy armor giving no bonuses, it gives the bonus of looking bad ass

Raamroc "So many people to kill so little time"
Xao "But you're immortal"
Raamroc "So much time"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:44 am 
Veteran Member

Heie wrote:
noob guide. noob player!

worst guide i've seen so far!

haha but seriously, pretty good guide, you go into detail in certain aspects that other guides don't (i.e extra healing skills or minimum required lvls for certain skills like shield crush)

8)

p.s: hows the college life? what school do you go to again? haha i'll catch you on vent some time.

p.s 2: albel is a noob!!! :love:

Widener is boring.

i need more liquor.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:41 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I thought it was flashy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:51 am 
Frequent Member

the_wicked wrote:
my comp would lag like shit.

i'll try and get some fraps, i think i have a cracked version already.

It'll look stupid if I film it. I think you should film it and I should edit it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:16 pm 
Casual Member

question ... as warrior cleric that mostly will do pvp i really need 1h sword trees ?
or i can skip them as u can't kill anyone with 1 hand anyway .

Hell is where:
The police are German, chefs British, lovers Swiss, mechanics French, and its all organized by the Italians.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:54 pm 

guymay wrote:
question ... as warrior cleric that mostly will do pvp i really need 1h sword trees ?

as someone that needs to level to cap do you really need to ask if you need party skills ?

SOX Drops:
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:20 pm 
Casual Member

REBD wrote:
guymay wrote:

as someone that needs to level to cap do you really need to ask if you need party skills ?

Well i will plvl my war with lvl 90 nuker to 85 atleast . so should i still get those ?
and in Troy so little parties actully need war to defened them most parties is lvl 90's that farm items .

Hell is where:
The police are German, chefs British, lovers Swiss, mechanics French, and its all organized by the Italians.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:48 pm 
Forum God

Love this guide. Thanks Albel :love:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:34 am 
Valued Member

guymay wrote:

can't kill with 1 hander? you just ain't trying hard enough

Raamroc "So many people to kill so little time"
Xao "But you're immortal"
Raamroc "So much time"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:52 am 
Veteran Member

The Furious Ninja wrote:
guymay wrote:

can't kill with 1 hander? you just ain't trying hard enough

cant kill str's with purely 1h.

I find the skills useful however.

I usually start off 1h, do damage till I land dull, have it pilled off, then dull again, go axe -> sudden twist -> 2h daredevil -> axe crutial rush -> 2h turn rising triple swing.

altho, death usually comes around the DD/crutial rush area.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

how much sp did you have to farm to make this build ???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:34 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

easyshare wrote:
how much sp did you have to farm to make this build ???

I calculated it to be around 1,329,620. He lets you choose the level for a few skills so it's going to vary from one person to another, but that's what I got with the way I calculated it.

Weapon: D5 SOS +3 Sword
Build: Pure INT Light/Ice Nuker
(Looking to buy D6 SOS or +5 spear if anyone has one)

Ares
Level:1x
Weapon: No idea...
Build: Warrior/cleric
Goal SP: 1,290,000