Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [GUIDE] Force Nuker - A new way to play full INT
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:52 am 

Many people will tell you this build sucks, because they have never seen it, it's actually one of the most effective PVP builds around. Two examples of a Force nuker build i will explain:

- 100 Lightning, 100 Force, 100 Cold
- 40 Lightning 60 Ice 100 Force 100 Fire

Building a Force nuker (100 Lightning, 100 Force, 100 Cold)

Lightning (Lvl100)

Image Thunderforce Series.
- Your main imbue: MAX it
Image Piercing Force Series.
- Increases magical attack: MAX it
Image Wind Walk Series: Grasswalk.
- Increase movespeed: MAX it
Image Wind Walk Series: Ghost Walk.
- Good for getting out of trouble: MAX it
Image Lion Shout Series.
- Good for finishing off mobs quickly: MAX it
Image Concentration Series.
- Increases parry ratio: MAX it
Image Thunderbolt Force Series.
- Your main attack, the most powerfull one of your build: MAX it
Image Heaven's Force Series.

Cold (Lvl100)

Image Cold Force Series.
- Good for freezing mobs to get out of trouble, also good against people who aren't ice immune: OPTIONAL
Image Frost Guard Series.
- Increase physical defence: MAX it
Image Cold Wave Attack Series.
- Frostbites mobs/people, doesn't do any damage and is mostly useless: SKIP
Image Frost Wall Series.
- Good to stop first hit from a STR player: OPTIONAL
Image Frost Nova Series.
- Gives freezing and frostbite, but doesn't do any damage. You can either get 1st and 2nd book to lvl1, or don't get it at all: OPTIONAL
Image Snow Storm Series.
- Your ice nuke, since you only have one kind of nuke under lightning which only hits 3 mobs, this may help with AOE-ing: OPTIONAL
Image Snow Shield Series.
- Decreases damage taken by a LOT, especially at higher lvls, as a cost your MP goes down. MAX it
Image Cold Armor Series.
- increase Physical defence. MAX it

Force(Lvl100)

Image Self Heal Series.
- Heals yourself, pretty useless since pots are way faster. SKIP
Image Force Cure Series.
- Cures yourself of 2 random statusses, good in PVP and PVE, you never need any special pills anymore. MAX it
Image Cure Therapy Series.
- Cures yourself and 1 party member of 2 random statusses, good in PVP even though the cooldown is 30 seconds, you don't need to select yourself to use it. MAX it
Image Heal Series.
- Heals yourself or someone else, useless because pots are good enough. SKIP
Image Rebirth Art Series.
- Resurrect people, good in group PVP like jobbing. OPTIONAL
Image Natural Therapy Series.
- Seems useless to me, but nice to have to show off. OPTIONAL
Image Image Image Image Image Image Vital Spot Attack Series.
- the MOST important row of skills of your entire build. This is way makes you stand out of the rest.

Vital Spot-Muscle: Decreases opponent's parry ratio: OPTIONAL
Vital Spot-Spirit: Decreases opponent's attack rating: OPTIONAL
Vital Spot-Body: Decreases opponent's physical defence: OPTIONAL
Vital Spot-Mind: Decreases opponent's magical defence: MAX it
Vital Spot-Zero: Decreases opponent's attack power: MAX it
Vital Spot-Brain: Decreases opponent's physical and magical defence by a LOT: MAX it

Image Force Increasing Series.
- Since you have a high lvl snow shield: MAX it

Building a Force nuker (40 Lightning, 60 Cold, 100 Force, 100 Fire)

Lightning(Lvl40)

Image Thunderforce Series.
- You will be using the Fire imbue: SKIP
Image Piercing Force Series.
- Increases magical attack: MAX it
Image Wind Walk Series: Grasswalk.
- Increase movespeed: MAX it
Image Wind Walk Series: Ghost Walk.
- Good for getting out of trouble: MAX it
Image Lion Shout Series.
- Good for finishing off mobs quickly: MAX it
Image Concentration Series.
Image Thunderbolt Force Series.
- Your Lightning nukes will be too weak in comparison to your fire nukes. SKIP
Image Heaven's Force Series.

Cold (Lvl60)

Image Cold Force Series.
- You will be using the fire imbue, it's much stronger. SKIP
Image Frost Guard Series.
- Increase physical defence: MAX it
Image Cold Wave Attack Series.
- Frostbites mobs/people, doesn't do any damage and is mostly useless: SKIP
Image Frost Wall Series.
- Good to stop first hit from a STR player: OPTIONAL
Image Frost Nova Series.
- Gives freezing and frostbite, but doesn't do any damage. You can either get 1st and 2nd book to lvl1, or don't get it at all: OPTIONAL
Image Snow Storm Series.
- Your Fire nukes will be much stronger then these Ice nukes: SKIP
Image Snow Shield Series.
- Decreases damage taken by a LOT, especially at higher lvls, as a cost your MP goes down. MAX it
Image Cold Armor Series.
- increase Physical defence. MAX it

Force(Lvl100)

Image Self Heal Series.
- Heals yourself, pretty useless since pots are way faster. SKIP
Image Force Cure Series.
- Cures yourself of 2 random statusses, good in PVP and PVE, you never need any special pills anymore. MAX it
Image Cure Therapy Series.
- Cures yourself and 1 party member of 2 random statusses, good in PVP even though the cooldown is 30 seconds, you don't need to select yourself to use it. MAX it
Image Heal Series.
- Heals yourself or someone else, useless because pots are good enough. SKIP
Image Rebirth Art Series.
- Resurrect people, good in group PVP like jobbing. OPTIONAL
Image Natural Therapy Series.
- Seems useless to me, but nice to have to show off. OPTIONAL
Image Image Image Image Image Image Vital Spot Attack Series.
- the MOST important row of skills of your entire build. This is way makes you stand out of the rest.

Vital Spot-Muscle: Decreases opponent's parry ratio: OPTIONAL
Vital Spot-Spirit: Decreases opponent's attack rating: OPTIONAL
Vital Spot-Body: Decreases opponent's physical defence: OPTIONAL
Vital Spot-Mind: Decreases opponent's magical defence: MAX it
Vital Spot-Zero: Decreases opponent's attack power: MAX it
Vital Spot-Brain: Decreases opponent's physical and magical defence by a LOT: MAX it

Image Force Increasing Series.
- Your MP usage will not be as high as the first build: OPTIONAL

Fire (Lvl100)

Image Fire Force Series.
- Your main imbue: MAX it

Image Fire Shield Series.
- Decrease status effect. Together with reduces on your jewels, you can get Fire, Shock, Freeze, Frostbite, Zombie and Poison immunity: MAX it

Image Flame Body Series.
- Increases physical damage, but you don't have any physical skills. SKIP

Image Fire Protection Series.
- Increase magical defence. MAX it

Image Fire Wall Series.
- Stops the first (few) hits from a magical damage attack. OPTIONAL

Image Flame Wave Series.
- Your main damage dealing skill: MAX all books

Image Fire Combustion Series.
- Ability to see stealth/invisible players. Useful in group pvp like CTF but mostly useless thanks to the huge cooldown: OPTIONAL

Image Flame Devil Force Series
- Increases physical damage, but you don't have any physical skills. SKIP

Gear

- Wear garments if you want to use the first build. (100 Lightning, 100 Cold, 100 Force) Your MP usage will be pretty high, So you should use garments as they decrease MP usage. Also, using garments compensates the lack of a magical defence increase buff.

- Wear protector for the second build. (40 Lightning, 60 Ice, 100 Fire, 100 Force) You will be lacking physical defence, therefor use protector. The use of the magical defence buff under Fire will compensate for the lack of magical defence.

Weapon

Now, because none of the builds above have any weapon masteries, it's your own choice what weapon to get:

Image Sword/Shield
- Most recommended weapon, because of the lack of weapon skills to stop/immobilize your enemy, a shield will help you survive more. Also, your sword will have good enough magical damage.

Image Spear
- Not recommended but optional, thanks to the massive damage you can do, with a spear+force debuffs+fire/lightning nukes you can get some serious damage. But your defence will be pretty weak.

- It is possible to carry a sword/shield + spear around, this will cost you more money. But you get an advantage if you manage to get impotent(damage decrease debuff) on your enemy, then switch to your spear.

SP Count

100 Light 100 Cold 100 Force with every optional skill maxed: 1,630,646
100 Light 100 Cold 100 Force basic: 1,170,534
40 Lightning 60 Cold 100 Fire 100 Force with every optional skill maxed: 1,193,093
40 Lightning 60 Cold 100 Fire 100 Force basic: 911,272

This is without the SP you get from 1-100 while 0 gapping. I didn't add it, because these numbers are still unknown.

The Choice Is Yours

Which build should i choose? I hear you ask.
- The 1st build (100 Lightning, 100 Cold, 100 Force) will have high defence thanks to the maxed snow shield, but attack power will be a bit lower then the 2nd build.
- The 2nd build (40 Lightning, 60 Cold, 100 Force) will have a fair increase in damage thanks to the fire nukes, even though this build lacks some magical damage from the buff under lightning, it will still out-damage the 1st build, but sacrifices in defence.

For The Critics

Ofcourse, you can tweak these builds around a bit. Here are some example builds you can get after tweaking the 2nd build:

- 20 Lightning, 80 Cold, 100 Fire, 100 Force: Bigger defence, sacrifices a bit of magical damage and move speed

- 100 Cold, 100 Fire, 100 Force: Even bigger sacrifice in magical damage, to have the best defence possible for a force nuker, the massive defence with lvl100 ice makes you a tank, but you sacrifice a ton in movespeed and attack power

- 60 Lightning, 40 Cold, 100 Fire, 100 Force: This is the way around. This will increase your movespeed and attack power in sacrifice for defence.

Weaknesses

Every build has it's weakness. A Force nuker's weakest point, is the lack of weapon skills. You can only stand there and nuke after nuke until your opponent(or you) die. You cannot disable or immobilize your opponent without any weapon skills.

(Maxed) Ice wall and holy spell/word are the greatest party poopers for this build, these skills will stop your Force nuker from putting debuffs on your opponent, this means you can only stand and nuke. Holy spell/word are most annoying, they last a long time, but luckily not every euro has it, and not every chinese has a buffing cleric in his party.

The reason why ice wall is almost equally annoying is the fact that you can't get your debuffs through a wall either, and because it's an ice wall, and you lack physical damage, the only thing you can do to bring statusses on your opponent is to wack his ice wall with your sword/spear, which will do very weak damage, until it's down. Don't even think about trying that on a maxed ice wall. This will especially benefit bowers, anything else you can just step back and nuke your opponent from a distance, and hope your opponent will manually delete his wall so you can put debuffs on him again.

A small weakness is bladers, but hey, which build doesn't have blader as a weakness? A lot of bladers will just KD you until your snow shield is down, and they can do it easily since you're a sitting duck without any weapon skills to immobilize him. You'll need about 3-4 hits in a row with your strongest nukes, with all your major debuffs on him. Which is pretty impossible unless you block his KD 4x in a row.

PVP

I have a lvl92 force nuker i can use :) it's based on the second build described in this guide. I might make a movie when i'm bored.

-Hellraider

Last edited by Hellraider on Sun May 31, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Force Nuker - A new way to play full INT
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:27 am 

Pretty good guide. One thing to mention tho is tht division does not reduce defence, it increases attack. Maybe u should mention it cos weaken won't do anything on a mangyang. IMO, it dosen't hurt to add pictures of ur char around the guide just to make it look more interesting, but so far it's very informative and well presented.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:02 pm 
Casual Member

Excellent Guide!
I have a question: How would the 100Light/100Cold/100Force build do at grinding with a spear or powerleveling people? What about with no Force? How would it do at PvE?
Just want to know if this build is the best spear nuker build for pure PvE.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:40 pm 

Bleederi wrote:
Excellent Guide!
I have a question: How would the 100Light/100Cold/100Force build do at grinding with a spear or powerleveling people? What about with no Force? How would it do at PvE?
Just want to know if this build is the best spear nuker build for pure PvE.

You won't benefit from the force debuffs while powerlvling, unless you are fighting a party giant. During normal PvE you only want to use your nukes while grinding, and use debuffs while fighting giants/party mobs.
This isn't the best build for PvE, 100 Fire, 100 Cold, 100 Lightning would be your best bet. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:51 pm 

Bobby wrote:
Pretty good guide. One thing to mention tho is tht division does not reduce defence, it increases attack. Maybe u should mention it cos weaken won't do anything on a mangyang. IMO, it dosen't hurt to add pictures of ur char around the guide just to make it look more interesting, but so far it's very informative and well presented.

Uhmmm no it doesn't. Decay: decreases enemy's physical defense, Weaken: decreases enemy's magical defense, Impotent: decreases enemy's physical and magical attack power and Division: Decreases enemy's physical and magical attack power.

About the mangyang thing. Yes debuffs do decrease mangyang's defense either. I know what you thought like: Mangyang only has 1 phy and mag defense power. So debuffing will bring it to 0. This isn't true infact it will get below 0. :)

About adding pictures I agree.

And yes it's a very very good guide :)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:28 pm 
Loyal Member

imho. you need the 100 cold for snow.

the 40/60 light/cold build doesn't seem that great, basicaly just a 100/100 fire/force build with 40% snow. 60% is needed at this cap.

it's gonna be hard to debuff your opponents without any weapon skills to stop them from attacking you (e.g. stun, kb)

try it out. i wanna see how this plays.

btw, only use nukes during PvE, don't waste mp for debuffs unless fighting a [party] giant

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
In USA-East The Billows, my name is AznFury. My Inductor ID is 6440043X060206013007425Z3f9d22
Copy the code when you make your first character and get lots of free stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:12 am 

VeniVidiVici wrote:
Bobby wrote:

Uhmmm no it doesn't. Decay: decreases enemy's physical defense, Weaken: decreases enemy's magical defense, Impotent: decreases enemy's physical and magical attack power and Division: Decreases enemy's physical and magical attack power.

About the mangyang thing. Yes debuffs do decrease mangyang's defense either. I know what you thought like: Mangyang only has 1 phy and mag defense power. So debuffing will bring it to 0. This isn't true infact it will get below 0. :)

About adding pictures I agree.

And yes it's a very very good guide :)

The description isn't correct, u can try it out for urself. About the mangyang thing, here's a damage test done by someone.

lvl79 Warlock:
Nuke with no debuffs = 24579
Nuke with just weaken = 24932
Nuke with just division = 32795
Nuke with weaken+division = 33054

Quote:
"I got to the conclusion that division increases the damage the target receives (have no idea of what stat it actually changes, I think its something like this: Increases damage received by target by X%).

*Weaken reduces magical defense (like its description says)."

"as you can see Weaken doesnt change the dmg while Division increases it by a lot. My guess would be that Weaken lowers the defence and Division simply increases the dmg done to the target.

Edit: On the screens the dmg with weaken seems to be a little higher, but thats only cause of the damage-range. I tried it multiple times and it ended up being the same, sometimes a little bit higher and sometimes lower."

Unless things changed in Legend 4, i'm pretty positive about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:29 am 

Get a warlock and a high lvl and let the high lvl check his defences. Then after warlock debuffs him, let him check again. You'll see the defenses are reduced. AFAIK :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:19 am 

VeniVidiVici wrote:
Get a warlock and a high lvl and let the high lvl check his defences. Then after warlock debuffs him, let him check again. You'll see the defenses are reduced. AFAIK :P

For weaken and stuff yes, but not division. It's something tht's already been proved by many ppl, i really don't think it's worth arguing about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:18 pm 

It doesn't matter actually. The conclusion is: If an enemy has division, it'll take more damage.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:03 am 

Quote:
The reason why ice wall is almost equally annoying is the fact that you can't get your debuffs through a wall either, and because it's an ice wall, and you lack physical damage, the only thing you can do to bring statusses on your opponent is to wack his ice wall with your sword/spear, which will do very weak damage, until it's down. Don't even think about trying that on a maxed ice wall. This will especially benefit bowers, anything else you can just step back and nuke your opponent from a distance, and hope your opponent will manually delete his wall so you can put debuffs on him again.

This is not true you can destroy ice wall much easier with magical attacks than with physical attacks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:34 am 

Dancin wrote:
Quote:

This is not true you can destroy ice wall much easier with magical attacks than with physical attacks.

All the nukes in the world can't knock even a lvl1 ice wall down. Reason? Ice wall is phys, not mag :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:33 pm 
Loyal Member

so ice wall renders this builds debuffs?
that doesn't sound too good.

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
In USA-East The Billows, my name is AznFury. My Inductor ID is 6440043X060206013007425Z3f9d22
Copy the code when you make your first character and get lots of free stuff!