Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Metal's thieving guide---> READ!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:37 pm 

hi all :D
i am quite new to these forums and i'm seeing dudes asking how to thief properly so...i'm opening a thieving guide! including thief techniques and some garbage

ok first off- thieving elements- EVERYBODY hates thieves! that's why you must remain stealthy or some hunter on an ego trip will 1 shot kill you! your suit doesnt always have to be on!

if you wanna thieve properly, you need to be lvl 52+ but you can do some thieving before those lvls, if ur lvl 20, get ready for your thief raid, go to the barrom street, talk to all npc's till u find the one that takes u to thief town, when ur there, get a suit, and some scrolls, now return to ur city, buy a few trade horses (better than camels, you'll need a quick get away) and if u want, a fast travel horse, now go travel around the usual trade runs till u run into goods, scan your area, make sure there are no hunters around, look for a place to hide, take the goods, activate the scroll, and more ur fat ass to a hiding place! that's about it for thieving at low lvls....*NOT RECOMMENDED*

after hitting lvl 35 things become easier, you can 1star pop, i dont want to detail on that cuz i simply hate that..why? because 1 stars are supposed to be safe! and dont say there are no multistars! there are!

after u get about lvl 52 the real fun begins,keep in mind you must group together with other thieves because multistar trade runs are often heavily guarded, i found that the best way to know when a guild is going to trade run is to ask fellow thieves to join that guild and act as informants to tell you and your friends to get prepared to strike, just make sure ur friend goes with them so he can tell where they are going, and he should also take 1 star to avoid being killed by accident (might sound a bit stupid method at first but think about how effective this can be, to know when the other guilds are doing trades)

becoming wanted- be careful not to kill too many hunters as you might get wanted, i never became wanted so i cant tell what happens, just dont kill anymore hunters if u have over 2000 arrange points

that's it for now! i'll keep updatin'

Post subject: Re: Metal's thieving guide---> READ!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:12 am 
Valued Member

MetalMonster wrote:
i am quite new to these forums and i'm seeing dudes asking how to thief properly so...i'm opening a thieving guide! including thief techniques and some garbage

ok first off- thieving elements- EVERYBODY hates thieves! that's why you must remain stealthy or some hunter on an ego trip will 1 shot kill you! your suit doesnt always have to be on!

if you wanna thieve properly, you need to be lvl 52+ but you can do some thieving before those lvls, if ur lvl 20, get ready for your thief raid, go to the barrom street, talk to all npc's till u find the one that takes u to thief town, when ur there, get a suit, and some scrolls, now return to ur city, buy a few trade horses (better than camels, you'll need a quick get away) and if u want, a fast travel horse, now go travel around the usual trade runs till u run into goods, scan your area, make sure there are no hunters around, look for a place to hide, take the goods, activate the scroll, and more ur fat ass to a hiding place! that's about it for thieving at low lvls....*NOT RECOMMENDED*

after hitting lvl 35 things become easier, you can 1star pop, i dont want to detail on that cuz i simply hate that..why? because 1 stars are supposed to be safe! and dont say there are no multistars! there are!

after u get about lvl 52 the real fun begins,keep in mind you must group together with other thieves because multistar trade runs are often heavily guarded, i found that the best way to know when a guild is going to trade run is to ask fellow thieves to join that guild and act as informants to tell you and your friends to get prepared to strike, just make sure ur friend goes with them so he can tell where they are going, and he should also take 1 star to avoid being killed by accident (might sound a bit stupid method at first but think about how effective this can be, to know when the other guilds are doing trades)

becoming wanted- be careful not to kill too many hunters as you might get wanted, i never became wanted so i cant tell what happens, just dont kill anymore hunters if u have over 2000 arrange points

I hate thief...Your guide is terrible...Act as informants?? shit....
If you want to be a great thief,just go face to face...Coward..

Build:Full STR/Fire/Glavie
Weapon Of Choice:Polearm Lv 64+7 [SOLD]
Current Level:70
Server:Babel
Guild :InDo_VicE LV 5
Wolf:DesTiNiTy Lv 70

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:27 am 

well, as far as my sense tells me, knowing when the other guilds are doing multistars will be better then burning hours of running through trade routes, and about being a coward....if i'm a coward by taking ppl with me, arent the traders cowards as well?
and something gives me the feeling u hate thieves because of 1 star poppers, what this guide is all about is to make thieves act differently
to sum this all up in 3 words- Ur A Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:27 am 
Casual Member

kenbong wrote:
MetalMonster wrote:

I hate thief...Your guide is terrible...Act as informants?? shit....

This forum is not against thieves, it is only against 1* popping so don't discriminate thieves because I think thieving is exciting especially if it's done in a good way (not 1* popping), it thrills me when I see videos of mass thief raids...:twisted:

Pure int lvl 3x sword

Venice:
Pure str lvl 7x glavie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:31 am 

EXACTLY and that noob ass didnt even read my guide it said i OPPOSE 1star popping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:23 pm 
Valued Member

MetalMonster wrote:
EXACTLY and that noob ass didnt even read my guide it said i OPPOSE 1star popping

Ok...i apologize for my mistake because i really nv read this thread properly...
Sorry.. :P

Build:Full STR/Fire/Glavie
Weapon Of Choice:Polearm Lv 64+7 [SOLD]
Current Level:70
Server:Babel
Guild :InDo_VicE LV 5
Wolf:DesTiNiTy Lv 70

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:18 pm 
Ex-Staff

A few clarifications.

3000 arrange points will make you wanted, not 2000.

Arrange points are obtained from killing hunters, merchants and transports, not just hunters you implied.

When you become wanted hunters can see a visible tell and they get a bonus for killing you. Once you are killed you must pay a fine.

more to come when I have a break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:32 pm 

This forum is not against 1-star popping. Some people here are against it. Some people like myself recognize it as a legitimate tactic but still don't think much of it. And others think it's the funniest thing since sliced bread, which I invented. You don't believe me? Oh, you think I'm too old 'cause I discovered America and junk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:35 pm 
Frequent Member

This is a very nice guide, but i prefer to be a hunter so i want to say something :) :) :) . The "guild spy" is useful, but cowards do that mostly. So I think this is stupid and true thief should search multistar trades (i dont know what that actually is) and not get a spy in guilds. 8)

By the way, what are the stars or something??? (i'm new so plz help)
:roll: :roll:

Last edited by JackB4u3r on Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:47 pm 

ok, to the guy who said becoming wanted is at 3000, i know that, just, not passing 2000 can be a useful percaution

and for the dude above me- trade stars depend on the amount of goods u load on ur animal, a 1star is supposed to be immune from player thieves while over that can be attacked my player thieves, multi star trades are often guild/union based and they happen once in a while, and personally i'd prefer having spies in a few guilds instead of burning hours i could otherwise spend on grinding for searching

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:00 pm 

that is a great guide

and it is so good to see professional seasoned thieves come to the board. all the suggestions are good.

whether you ar ehunter or thief or trader we shoudl all respect each others professions becausenone of them are easy. doing so will make the game all the more enjoyable for everyone.

and it is great to role play! just remember that you should not hate or insult the person, but just try to learn how to make your profession better.

and thieves are meant ot be devious! so it's great with the spy!!!!
i can just imagine soon spying thieves will ring the cities not wearing their suits, then they will buy a global shout service to announce in code to all thieves that a multistar is leaving... then all the thievs of the realm will pounce at once! woe to the colony ship.. just like Battlestar Galactica.. the colonists will all be destroyed!!!! Go the Cylons!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:44 pm 

of course that spy thing is my idea and i'd personally kill anyone who uses it without permission 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:03 pm 
Advanced Member

Pretty good guide.

Think I mght make a guide with a little more detail though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:49 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Da_Realest wrote:
Pretty good guide.

Think I mght make a guide with a little more detail though.

Unless you use a spellcheck, I might not read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:04 pm 

err....srry for being total noob..but.....how do i get that server tag thingy? :banghead:
*just notices somebody made another thief guide* c'mon lets see which gets stickied first :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:36 am 

[quote="MetalMonster"]err....srry for being total noob..but.....how do i get that server tag thingy? :banghead: [quote]
Go to profile>location and type your server in the box (with a Capital)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:09 pm 
Veteran Member

Quote:
Act as informants?? shit....

a little off topic but in theory, do you hate the CIA?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:41 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Dont forget the invisibility, surprise attacks it makes more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:41 pm 
Common Member

Way to bump a 3 year old topic. Good job.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:41 pm 

wow, someone must be really bored. how did you even find this?