Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: How To Grind Efficiently...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 am 
Casual Member

This is not another guide to tell you where to grind, but it is a guide to teach you how to focus on grinding.

We can agree that everyone hates grinding, whether on iSRO or ECSRO. They both get extremely hard after a certain level to grind.

Upon reaching a new level, players tend to PvP or do something fun, and this is acceptable.
Many players would love to hit level 100 as this is where the fun starts, instead of being a level 70 nuker getting owned by a level 100 blader e.g. in a trade run.

Now, when people reach a new level, they "take a rest" and everyone of us (who don't bot) will have to admit this!

But players tend to not grind any more because they cannot be bothered, and instead of hunting monsters they do useless things like +5 their level 24 weapon. This isn't wrong, but it is a very inefficient use of time.

After taking a rest you should grind right away. Keep thinking "I will get to a higher level!" instead of "OMFGWTFBBQ its gonna take ages to get to level 100!!!!!" Levelling up is obviously not going to get you to level 100, but it will take you one level further. You don't even have to grind one level per day, even 20% a day is extremely good especially at level 60+.

But Gerald...its obvious what you're saying!!!
The problem is just time. If you have time to play this game, you have enough time to eventually get to level 100. The bots will dominate in leveling speed, but that is not a case.
I know I sound stupid telling legits to hand grind to 100, but I have never botted in SRO and I have achieved level 70 in SRO before I moved to ECSRO. Not a high level, but pretty good for me

Good Luck!!!!

Post subject: Re: How To Grind Efficiently...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:26 pm 
Frequent Member

I look at it more like I enjoy the act of grinding. I've removed my desire to be at cap and I feel euphoric every time I kill a monster. Some tips for how I grind effectively though :

1 ) While you are landing the final blow on your current monster, look around you and click on your next target. This saves a lot of time.

2 ) If someone ks'es you, tell them to stop. If they don't, fack their mather and move on to a better spot. Do not murder or start a KS war. KS wars and getting rid of murder are totally inefficient. Control yourself, fool.

3) If you are int, don't fight monster that can hit you more than once. If you are str, don't fight monsters that take you more than one hp pot to kill. If you are hybrid, fight monsters somewhere between the above two.

4 ) Learn your skills. Some of them can be chained for fast damage.

5 ) Use speed pots.

6 ) Don't look at your exp bar. Put the system menu over it.

7 ) Play music that is upbeat. Music affects the mind.

8 ) Be well rested. If you are tired, take a nap. Don't force yourself to grind because it becomes a chore instead of fun. Also, you will die(in game) if you fall asleep on the keyboard.

9 ) Grinding in an xp share pt has the effect of making the grind time seem to pass faster, if everyone in the party is there. Note that this effect doesn't work for people that constantly look at their xp bar, afk a lot, or other ADD symptoms that cause you to not be completely focused into the grind.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:04 pm 

YOU MUST BUMP DEH TECHNO WHILE YOU PLAY!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:49 pm 

chickenfeather wrote:
2 ) If someone ks'es you, tell them to stop. If they don't, fack their mather and move on to a better spot. Do not murder or start a KS war. KS wars and getting rid of murder are totally inefficient. Control yourself, fool.

i always grind faster when there is someone right next to me or trying to ks me. getting all the kills while the other guy's skills cancel to dead mobs is priceless. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:19 pm 
Casual Member

It's a bit strange to post a your guide under my guide isn't it?
Maybe you should start a new post?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:46 pm 
Frequent Member

I'm somewhat reluctant to create a new thread when this thread is relevant to the same subject.

*glares at the people who make "which is better at pvp?"/"I'm 100 FF how do I play this game?" threads*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:44 pm 

Well these are more like tips than a guide. And as it was said before, both of the posts are related to one topic so it's not needed to create another one. That 'drag your system menu on your exp bar' is really cool. I've started using it, and it feels better when you look at your exp bar after 2 hours of grinding instead of 2 minutes.

Anyway, thanks for those tips.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:53 pm 
Loyal Member

I agree with the second poster. I used to force my self to grind last summer and end up getting bored. Because of that I can't level. Now, after school I usually take a nap first before playing. Or take a break and make sure I'm not sleepy before I start.

Please click and help me with my little game. Don't worry it's not a link to a virus filled site or anything harmful. It's just like those links to help a little dragon grow thingie.

http://s4.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=184584

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:59 pm 
Loyal Member

Quote:

THIS. More than anything else. Techno/Industrial/anything with a beat keeps me grinding a lot longer.

iSRO - AsparTame 8x - retired
Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:39 pm 
Casual Member

_Equal_ wrote:
Quote:

THIS. More than anything else. Techno/Industrial/anything with a beat keeps me grinding a lot longer.

Yep! Silkroad music gets sooooo boring after some time....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:32 pm 
Banned User

Str char chinese + euro Str = train in mobs that die in two skills.

Int chinese + Wizards+Rogue with buff - train in mobs that die in one skill. and monsters with nice/low damage attacks

like if you wizard lvl 52-58 better for you train in ishade and sonars , and not in penon->phy+gaints.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:37 am 
Loyal Member

hm with the servers now, and the higher mobs being free of bots

just find a spot, and take as many aoe+wolf
lure mobs and hit with all aoe attacks, let wolf finish mob and you can start on next one... yeah common sense :S everyone did it back when they grinded lol

I say use aoe and not strong single mob attacks because even if you kill 1 mob in 1-2 hits, with aoe, you hit 1 mob, move to next mob and aoe again, and then next, and in 3rd hit, the first two will be dead too and you dont have to worry about getting to next mob. I use shouts to lure on chinese str too so get it to lv 1 :D

have a pick up pet because you'll have more drops than you can fight and grab.

for euro chars, just do what is best, on wiz i grind about 5 lvls lower and only use aoe attacks. I do die sometimes, but doesnt matter because i can make it up faster than if i grind 1 mob at a time. warrior/rogue just grind normal, they dont have much problems grinding and dying

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:41 pm 

You got some really good tips there, chickenfeather, thanks a lot. And the best thing to make grinding a pleasure is to find a nice legit guild and have shares at mobs 10 levels higher :roll:
But if you can't do that, just find the mobs best for you and try out different strategies and you'll find out which one works best for you :yay:
Warlocks are the most fun to grind imo, just dot and run, get zerk, dot and run faster, pick up drops in between :sohappy:

Guild Wars 2

Still checking SRF for the community.