Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide] Chinese vs. Europe
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 am 

[Guide] Chinese vs. Europe

Some people just asked me: Is it better to make a Chinese or a Europe build? Here I'll explain the basics, PvP and PvE

1. Possible Builds
2. Skilltrees
3. Pros and Cons
4. PvE
5. PvP
6. Conclusion

1. Possible Builds 

As a chinese you can use 5 different weapons: Glavie, Spear, Blade, Sword and Bow

The builds with the most sence are:

Full STR Glavie
Full INT Spear, Hybrid INT Spear
Full STR Blade (maybe with some INT points, too)
Full INT Sword, Hybrid INT Sworf
Full STR Bow, Full INT Bow, 70:70 Hybrid Bow, Hybrid STR/INT Bow

I'll come to the different Skills later..

There are 9 europe weapons:  One-handed sword, Two-handed sword, Dual Axe, Crossbow, Dagger, Staff, Dark Staff, Harp and Cleric Rod
It's interesting here because every class can have a 2nd class
The builds with subs and the most sence are:

Full STR 1-handed sword, 2-handed sword or Dual Axe (Warrior) / Bard, Cleric or Warlock
Full STR Crossbow or Dagger or both (Rouge) / Bard or Cleric
Full INT Staff (Wizard) / Bard or Cleric
Full INT Dark Staff (Warlock) / Cleric
Full INT Harp (Bard) / Cleric or Wizard
Full INT Cleric Rod (Cleric) / Bard

2. Skills

I'd say the skill trees in china are more confusing than the europe trees. But I think you'll also understand it. So here we go:

For Chinese characters there are 7 Skilltrees splitted in 3 Weapon trees and 4 "Force" trees. The Weapon trees are: Bicheon (Blade + Sword), Heuksal (Glavie + Spear) and Pacheon (Bow). Here you'll find your attack moves and some passives. The Force trees are:  Ice, Lightning, Fire and Force. Here you'll find some buffs and passives and the most important attack spells for an INT-Character. You'll also find an imbue. An imbue skill is a 5-8 second buff to make more damage. You'll use it in each fight 'cause you'll need the extra damage. Ice is good for physical decense and to slow the enemies. Lightning is for Magical Damage and Moving Speed. Fire is for Physical Damage and to make the enemy burn and Force is for healing, rescue and reduce some stats of the enemy. You can max 3 of  7 trees.

Europe character are splitted in classes. There are 6 Skill trees: Warrior, Rouge, Wizard, Warlock , Bard and Cleric.  Every Skill tree is for one class. But you can also be a mix of   
2 classes. For example as a warrior you can heal yourself if you chose cleric as your 2nd class. Attack Skills, Buffs and Passives are in one Skilltree here. You can't use an imbue like chinese do but you're as strong as chinese builds with imbue or even stronger. Warrior is Tank, Rouge can deal a good damage, Wizard deals the best damage, Warlock uses damage over time, Bard can heal MP, Cleric heals HP.

You see, there's a big difference.

3. Pros and Cons

Chinese Pros:                           Europe Pros:
- No pot delay.                        - Very high damage 
can use many pots                   - Very good  in Partys
- Good at Solo-playing              - Best buffs 
- Survives more than europes    - More flexibility because of    
- Better Skilltrees                      the sub
- Easy playing                      

Chinese cons:                            Europe cons:
- Bad party- playing                 - 15 seconds pot-delay
- Low damage                          - You got to know what you 
- Need alot of pots                      do..!
- You need more SP                      
than europes                             - You'll die often solo

This are just some main facts.. There are some other I don't wanna write 'cause it's difficult to understand.

4. PvE

Chinese PvE is easy. As a full INT with a very good gear you'll 
1-hit the mobs at your level. As a pur STR you'll make lower damage but you've got more life so you won't die as often as a nuker. You can easily kill giants and party mobs because there's no pot delay. It's the only was to get forward (except powerleveling) 'cause you won't get into a party.

European PvE is a bit more complex. You can grind solo and killing monster by making it one hit but if there's a giant you have to pay attention. As a pure INT you need Cleric buffs to kill 'em. As a pure STR you'll kill them easils.  The interesting thing is party-playing. You're in a party with 7 other members and you're killing party monster and giants in a nice speed. Everyone got another job to do. It's really fun and it's more effective than grinding solo.

5. PvP

As a Chinese you're just using your skills. Got buffs like Snow shield and try to get the other player down before they kill you. Interesting here are the Force debuffs: You're debuffing the other player and get him a lower defense or lower damage. 

Europe is more interesting because you got PvP-Skills like Stealth that makes you invisible. You're trying to knockback and Stun the other players before you finally kill them. 
Very nice I like it.

6. Conclusion

And the winner is: 

Europe

Of course it's also fun to be a chinese but I really like the Party-playing and PvP of a Europe Char. But it's not me who decide what you'll play. If you want to have a chinese, make a chinese!

Temptation

Visit my blog:

http://www.silkroad-temptation.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: [Guide] Chinese vs. Europe
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:35 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SRO-Temptation wrote:
5. PvP

As a Chinese you're just using your skills. Got buffs like Snow shield and try to get the other player down before they kill you. Interesting here are the Force debuffs: You're debuffing the other player and get him a lower defense or lower damage. 

Europe is more interesting because you got PvP-Skills like Stealth that makes you invisible. You're trying to knockback and Stun the other players before you finally kill them.
Very nice I like it.

Chinese have knockback and stun too?

I don't know man, there's not much point to this guide. You're wrong about most of the stuff anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:07 am 
Banned User

pure shit. euro 9 builds? i think you need play and play this game if u want to do guides. good luck!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:02 am 

inmobile wrote:
pure shit. euro 9 builds? i think you need play and play this game if u want to do guides. good luck!! :D

9 weapons...!!!!
Learn to read ...
And I've been playing Silkroad since 3 years so I got much experience :)

Tsume wrote:
Chinese have knockback and stun too?

I don't know man, there's not much point to this guide. You're wrong about most of the stuff anyway.

Okay you're right, chinese have knockback and stun, too. But I rally can't see what's definitly wrong in this guide. It should be just a little explination.

Visit my blog:

http://www.silkroad-temptation.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:08 am 
Ex-Staff

The winner isn't Euro, it's a personal preference in the end. I like Chinese chars more.

For the builds.

Warrior/Rogue
Warrior/Warlock
Warrior/Cleric
Warrior/Bard
Rogue/Warlock
Rogue/Cleric
Rogue/Bard
Wiz/Warlock
Wiz/Cleric
Wiz/Bard
Warlock/Cleric
Warlock/Bard
Cleric/Bard

That's 13 builds for Euro's. For Chinese you almost got unlimited combinations too with stat distribution and mastery selection. You take 3 Force trees? or are you going for dual weapon, pure int or pure str or maybe a combi of both. I think you got more builds for Chinese than that you have for Euro's.

And no offense but the biggest pain in the guide is your English :/ I understand it's not your native language but sometimes it's hard to read.