Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide] Purchasing Silk with a gift card
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:13 am 
Valued Member

Well lately i've seen ALOT of people asking for help with purchasing silk with visa and mastercard gift cards.

Seeing that people didn't know a clear and easy way to do it i thought i'd lend a hand so i made a guide. ^^

Step 1:Go down to your local bank/supermarket/corner store that sells mastercard or visa gift card.

Step 2:Put the amount of money on the card you want, e.g. ask for a mastercard gift card to the value of 50 dollars. Also note that they will charge a small fee of like 5 dollars to create it.Make sure the card is activated so ask the clerk to activate it.

Step 3:Now you've got your gift card your ready for the next step. These cards can be used for everything a normal debit card would. Now you want to buy silk ^^. go onto http://www.silkroadonline.net

Step 4:Log into the account that you'd like to buy silk on. Click the item mall tab on the left hand side and select silk charge.

Step 5:This is were people start to get lost. Select paypal and then click the button at the bottom that says " silk charge by paypal". ( thought you don't need a paypal account)

Step 6:Now you select the amount of silk you'd like to buy but don't select more than you have on your gift card or chances are your going to be bannnnnned. After that select agree to the user agreement and continue.

Step 7:The next step involves selecting what card you are using. Remember that its like a debit card so put down the details like one. If your new with this make sure you put down the right numbers but usually when you purchase the card it has a diagram of the numbers and what they are for.

Step 8:Now put down your details and etc and the cards numbers. if you have selected the right card and put down the right numbers it should be all good and you should have silk to use.
If your not 100% about certain numbers they are asking for check the cards website. ( yes i know figuring out certain numbers are tricky)

Now i thought it'd help out if i put down a few places that sold these cards in a variety of places.

Australia:
http://www.westpac.com.au go down to any of there banks and you get one there, but its 18+ so get a parent to pay for it. ( its a mastercard there btw)
NAB sells visa gift cards.

US of A:
wal-mart
bi-lo
http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prep ... _order.jsp heres a list of some ^^

Europe:
tbh i've got no clue about retail outlets there so just check around at banks and etc. if you have some tell me and i'll glady add them^^

constructive criticism please ^^ ( btw first guide so don't be hard : P)

Last edited by GrindingEternaly on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [ Guide ] Purchasing Silk with a gift card
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:50 pm 
Forum Legend

thnx for the guide ^^. i was thinking of buying silk with a gift card, and im sure this would help me :)

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:46 pm 

Wow i was looking for something just like this.
I just have 1 question about the cards themselves since I'm not all to familiar with how they are.

Do these cards come with say 50USD all ready on the card and you just have to pay and your set.
Or must you get a gift card and upload the money into it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:12 am 
Valued Member

you can out whatever amount of money you want on them ( 500usd limit afaik ) but yea, you could ask for one with 50usd ready to go or 25usd, also keep in mind currency rates if your not buying from the US.

Post subject: Re: [Guide] Purchasing Silk with a gift card
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:20 pm 
Veteran Member

I was thinking of doing this too, but dont you have to put in your billing adress for the card? Do you just put your address in there? And if your in the US does Walgreens or CVS let you buy these giftcards? thanks :wink:

SRO Salvation:
VietB
Vietx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:16 pm 
Frequent Member

From my experience, when you buy the gift card, it doesn't matter what address you put in there. I've been buying the ones from Walgreens with no problem (http://www.gift2go.net). Just make sure you activate the card on gift2go and match all the information in there with the information you give to Paypal (no, it doesn't require a Paypal account but you lose a buck this way).

Of course you pay cash for the gift cards too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:49 am 
Valued Member

vietxboy911 wrote:
I was thinking of doing this too, but dont you have to put in your billing adress for the card? Do you just put your address in there? And if your in the US does Walgreens or CVS let you buy these giftcards? thanks :wink:

the only time you need to use a address is when buying the silk. i'm not american but best bet is to ask at a local store seeing that some stores won't have the equipment for them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:37 pm 

Is there anyway I can get the rest of my money back from the card? I've been trying to purchase silk but getting denied so I already have $3 off the card - not enough to get 500 silk. I'm planning to just spend $30. Can I get my $17 back?

:(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:04 pm 
Casual Member

will a simon gift card work?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:26 am 
Veteran Member

This guide has gotten my attention, im hoping there is no changes to the steps you've listed cause this certainly drops all the worries i've had.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:36 pm 
Valued Member

keiichiz wrote:
will a simon gift card work?

Yes Simon gift card works. Warning to all make sure you have $1 more than the amount you are going to purchase. When you click review payment, PayPal charges you $1 off. Lets say you have $30 and you're going to buy 300 silk. You will be denied because now you would have $29.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:14 pm 
Banned User

nice guide its very helpful

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 am 
Common Member

It says "card is invalid" or some shit like dat

PFARMING 1.5M SP!