Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Curst Heart Quest
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:45 pm 
Casual Member

Resuscitation potion quest:

Talk to an herbalist and select the 'Withdraw Skill' option. The next part of the conversation should have two options:
1. Resuscitation potion quest
2. ????

The second option may be displayed in Korean, as ?'s, or as 'random' letters and junk. When first starting this quest, ignore the second option here, as it is used to open up the 'de-level' menu for resetting skills.

Now collect 10 (or more) of item 'Curst Heart'. This quest item can drop from ANY mob you fight, although it seems to be a rather rare drop. You can collect up to 300 maximum at one time. This quest will NOT block quest item drops from other quests, I have had a 'Curst Heart' drop at the same time as another quest item drop, from the same mob.

When ready to reset skill(s), bring 'Curst Heart' quest items to herbalist and go back through the conversation path used to start the quest to create your potions. When you request that the herbalist create potions (meaning, finishing the quest), he will turn as many 'Curst Heart' into potions as possible, so if you do not have even count of 10 (10,20,30,etc) you will have a few left over. Each potion created consumes 10 'Curst Heart' quest items. Creating a potion does NOT cost any gold. You can carry a maximum of 30 of these potions (not sure about multiple stacks, I've only ever had one or two at most.)

After you have created a potion, you will no longer be able to get 'Curst Heart' drops (as far as I can tell). If you want to be able to resume collecting hearts, you will have to go back through the correct 'starting quest' conversation path with an herbalist again.

Once you have 'Resuscitation Potion' items, you again talk to any herbalist, choose the skill reset quest conversation path, and choose the KOREAN option in the conversation. This option will be very obvious. If you have Korean set as your default Windows Non-Unicode language, the option will be in Korean characters, if not, it will look like gibberish. In either case, this option will open up a new window. This window will look very similar to your normal 'skill up' menu, and works very similar too.

Select the skill you want to de-level by clicking on the red 'DN' icon under it. A new window will pop up asking you to select the desired level to reset the skill to. Use the Up/Down arrows next to the skill level to select the level you wish. If you want to drop a skill more than one level, you will need ONE POTION FOR EVERY LEVEL YOU WANT TO DROP. This means you need to collect (Number of levels to remove * 10) 'Curst Heart' quest items.

WARNING!! This is a VERY expensive path. Going from level 2 to level 1 in a skill costs over 16,000 gold, and going from level 3 to level 2 in a skill costs over 19,000 gold, and going from level 3 to level 1 costs 36,000+ gold!! (I have not tried skills of any higher level.)

When you drop a skill level, you will get back 80% of the SP used to originally gain that level. Before 'purchasing' your de-level, you will be informed of how many SP you will recieve, along with the required price in gold.

Changing Mastery Level:

To lower a mastery level, you must have NO skill leveled up that requires that level of mastery. You will know when you meet the requirement for this as a red 'Level Down' button will appear next to your mastery level in the 'de-level' window. After that, it's the same process as lowering a skill level.

All creditz to <Belade>

Have Fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:45 pm 

Very detailed guide dude, nice one :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:32 pm 
Frequent Member

nice guild will be really usefull, i didn't even know all that.

Post subject: Re: Curst Heart Quest
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:48 pm 

G0LDW01f wrote:
[ you will no longer be able to get 'Curst Heart' drops (as far as I can tell).

You cant, its just as if you have finished your quest and you need to start it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:22 pm 
Casual Member

ah oke :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:59 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

execute me, i wanna know where the herbalist are?
Which Level can do this quest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:30 am 

quest cant be done until after lvl 20.

by the time you get to that level you will generally already know where to find a herbalist, they are the ones that sell herbs and potions.

Activate your map in game by pressing the 'M' key and then click on the town. This will switch to a map of the city and show the location of its merchants.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:10 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

can you totally remove a skill or just downgrade? I have lvl1 wolf spear I would like to get rid of to get those few points for something else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:40 am 
Frequent Member

man.. im gonna need around 380k and 20 potions.
best start cracking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:25 am 
Common Member

thecoop wrote:
can you totally remove a skill or just downgrade? I have lvl1 wolf spear I would like to get rid of to get those few points for something else

You can remove a level 1 skill completely. But it might not be worth it, for the amount of SP you will get back.

By the way, before you guys start collecting Hearts non stop, you can't put them in storage, and neither can you put the potions in storage, nor drop them on the ground. The potions stack in stacks of 5, so don't get too many if you don't need them. Remember you can Abandon the quest from the quest menu to get rid of spare Hearts from your inventory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:39 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

would it be easier to just farm sp? then to ....................... do something...else............:|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:58 pm 

not necessarily. i had a level 2 cold imbue, but it ate up too much more MP for not much more effect. so i dropped it. sometimes upping a skill isn't all it's cracked up to be, and it needs to be lowered. i didn't do it for the SP, i did it for the MP i'd save ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:08 am 
Common Member

Also remeber you can do this quest while doing others.. I often ( well sometimes at least) get a curst heart drop as well as a quest drop.. so no harm no foul on this one :)

Madduck - Xian - Spear / Hybrid / Fire - Resser
Ahira - Xian - Bow / Int / Fire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:28 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Can you repeat this quest, or is it always active?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:35 am 
Common Member

u can repeat...

the quest goes away when you cash in the hearts...also any spare hearts are included if you restart the quest.

ie I cashed in and had 3 spare, when I restarted I already had a 3 count.

Madduck - Xian - Spear / Hybrid / Fire - Resser
Ahira - Xian - Bow / Int / Fire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:23 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I'm not sure about this but i think i noticed that the Total Masteries Level total doesnt go down with the downgrades. So if you had 100/300 before and remove 1 skill, the total still shows up as 100/300. However, it still counts as 99/300.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:42 am 
Loyal Member

actually no the maximum 300 is mastery points so you could only lower it if you lowered everything in the mastery to nothing then took away mastery point, VERY EXPENSIVEo_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:14 am 
Common Member

How much would it cost me? I have lvl 12 cold with only the freezing skill (thought i use it as a sub) it didnt work out for me. Just so I knnow when im lvl 20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:02 am 

cgy wrote:
How much would it cost me? I have lvl 12 cold with only the freezing skill (thought i use it as a sub) it didnt work out for me. Just so I knnow when im lvl 20.

Hm... Not sure, but you may spend a few hundred thousand gold. 250k-500k, perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:32 pm 
Common Member

Is it better to do that or just keep it and make it up by sp farming right now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:58 pm 
Common Member

just go sp farming and use the that withdraw skill potion when u ran out of masteries which is 300 max. low lvl people shouldnt use this because of low gold especially unlucky ones. When you are high lvl u can use it coz the items you can get from high lvl mobs means that higher gold to npc or sell to ppl at high prices.

from my experience, even i have like 19 withdraw skill potion and dont want to use it since my gold is quite low(im only lvl 20+) and my masteries still have many spaces(currently 105/300).

sidenote: can those withdraw skills potions be traded with other people? coz when i try to put it in stall i cant. this potions suks cant even be put to storage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:42 pm 
Common Member

So if I go talk to a herb when I dont want the skill I can potentially remove all the skills levels in ice and the frostbite so there will be nothing there...but I would only get back 80% right. When I get more money i will lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:45 pm 

You can also purchase an item through the Item Mall (if you are able to afford, etc.), that will undo skills, but you gain 100% back instead of only 80%.

The quest takes a loooooooooong time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:03 pm 

The quest is not so annoying if you plan ahead and start it before you need the potions. I started it at level 20, gathered 50 cursed hearts, and turned them into 5 potions. Used them later to get rid of a skill that I decided wasn't useful to me anymore. The only drawback is loss of an inventory slot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:37 pm 
Casual Member

awesome guide, well done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:38 pm 
Casual Member

awesome guide, well done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:10 am 

If you use the Premium potions, do you have to pay game money aswell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:23 pm 

quick question this pots can lower the mastery lvl of force for example or just the skills ,Buburimbu no you don't need to pay extra money for the premium pots.

edit:i have check if you can lower mastery and yes you can :P

Post subject: WHERE??
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:05 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Which herbalist do we talk to....or is it a certain level i need to get to first then it comes as a quest???

Post subject: Re: WHERE??
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:08 pm 

brigger2006 wrote:
Which herbalist do we talk to....or is it a certain level i need to get to first then it comes as a quest???

it comes at level 20 apear a 3 option in the menu of the herbalist in the second option you can choose to take the quest or make a pot if you already have the items ,it can be any herbalist