Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: I am a X build where should I level? [Guide]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:57 pm 
Frequent Member

I noticed a lot of these redundant threads being posted of this nature, so here are some tips on choosing where to grind. I know it's not really a guide. It's more common sense, but whatever.

Use your map
If you press M and click on the little arrow on the left hand side of the map, a menu will open showing all the monsters and their levels. Selecting the monster will display where they are located on the map.

You first go to monsters that are your level and if they are hard to kill, attack lower level monsters. If they are easy to kill, attack higher level monsters. Rinse and repeat.

What "easy to kill" means is that you can use 1-3 skills to kill the monster, at least if you are solo grinding. The highest level of monster that you find easy to kill will vary depending on your build and your gear.

Spawn rate
This is important because the time that you are spending running around looking for the next monster is killing time and you are wasting it in a low spawn area. Find an area where you can target the next monster as you land the final blow on your current one without having to wait or run around. Of course this involves some work spent in exploration.

Compare monster HP
Note that sometimes higher level monsters will be easier to kill than the lower level monsters due to their lower hp. A list of monster hp can be found here : viewtopic.php?t=23381

Join a party
By doing this, you increase the level of monster that is easy to kill(theoretically). The way to do this varies depending on the type of party and the skill level of the players. No, I don't mean "in game" skill level, I mean their "ability to play the game" skill. You can also use the party as a way to gain further information from other players' experiences as to what area is good to level.

If the party is all chinese characters, it is fastest to swarm single targets one at a time. It is slow killing and ineffective if everyone goes off and attacks a party monster on their own.

If the party is all european characters, it varies depending on what classes are available. Ideally your main party core will consist of warriors(the body), clerics(the lifeblood), wizards(the damage), and bards(the fuel). Adding the other classes to the core amplify the killing ability of the euro party. Missing one of the core members hinders the killing ability.

If the party is mixed, european characters continue with normal party play and chinese characters should act as supplementary damage. If you are chinese, do not run off on your own. It does not help the party.

Post subject: Re: I am a X build where should I level? [Guide]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:04 pm 
Common Member

ty :)

BloodyBlade wrote:
I came

you sick bastard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:22 pm 
Frequent Member

Good guide, though I'm quite...shall we say surprised, that people need a guide for this -_-

Theseus - lvl 5x - warrior/rogue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:57 pm 
SRF Herald

aishsharma wrote:
Good guide, though I'm quite...shall we say surprised, that people need a guide for this -_-

Theres alot of starters who finds this very very usefull :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:57 pm 
SRF Herald

aishsharma wrote:

Theres alot of starters who finds this very very usefull :)