Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Basic vital Info for newcomers,
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:56 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

So i just started to play SRO in the past few days, and have been receiving good but slow responses, and wanted to just make a link for newcomers so that they can quickly locate answers to their questions.

Q: What is this gap thing people keep talking about?
A: Well this gap thing is the difference of levels between your actual level and you highest mastery level

Q: Why SP Farm?
A: A very good question, well SP farming allows you to have a tremendous amount of SP, which is obtain through botting (mostly), but SP Farming isn't recommended since not all skills given in you specific category is useful

Looks like i have to go ill re-edit this with more info in the future.
Date=May 12 2011 Time= 10:55 PM

Q: Is it worth it to SP Farm?
A: no not really, as you may notice at the start of the game, u get new skills every 4 levels, meaning you can just leave ur mastery at say lvl 12 and lvl u char level to lvl 16, and have a surplus of sp points even when u want to master all you lvl 12 skills. Remember the game gives u 4 lvls to lvl up all the skills. For example, im lvl 12 ( 0 gap) and i only manage to lvl up half of all the skills i want to lvl, not to worry because the sp from 12 to 16 may be used to lvl up the lvl 12 skills.

Q: How to level up quickly?
A: Simple have a 0 gap, but this comes at the cost of less sp points harvested.

Q: WTF pots cost 200 gold?
A: yes pots are expensive, but by pressing N u may recover all mp and hp points in mere seconds. So if u calculate it, u get 100 gp per monster and u waste about 200 on pots, so in short its best to take a couple of seconds to rest your eyes and heal up.

Date: May 13 2011 Time: 11:28 AM

Last edited by Elitelee on Fri May 13, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Basic vital Info for newcomers,
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:04 pm 
Loyal Member

I'd have to look, but there is definitely more info for newcomers somewhere in this forum. Most people here have played quite a bit, though.

fyi -
Botting is not allowed on this forum, if someone finds another char botting, posts proof in exposed botters, the bot char will be banned from the forum. Joymax says no third party programs so that includes bots, and if a person considers botting, they definitely have a chance to be banned from the game.

SP farming is almost required. Even if you do not take all the skills, at higher levels the SP for just one skill is huge, over 6000 SP. That does not even address the mastery levels you have to raise in order to use the skills. You may not have to farm as much as other characters, but a lot of people do farm tons of SP, so a fully farmed character has more skills, more options in PvP or PvE.

Gapping: Yes, 9 gap = best SP gain/lowest XP gain. That is, keeping your masteries 9 levels below your character level. The best mobs to fight for SP/XP gain are 12-14 levels higher than your character. This is why Euro parties typically go 11 levels higher than the character. For example, last night I was in a party at wing tribe chasers, level 85/87 mobs. I got over 2k SP with a 6 gap and about 10% XP closer to 77.

iSRO - AsparTame 8x - retired
Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:27 pm 
Forum Legend

Elitelee wrote:
So i just started to play SRO in the past few days, and have been receiving good but slow responses, and wanted to just make a link for newcomers so that they can quickly locate answers to their questions.

Q: What is this gap thing people keep talking about?
A: Well this gap thing is the difference of levels between your actual level and you highest mastery level

Q: Why SP Farm?
A: A very good question, well SP farming allows you to have a tremendous amount of SP, which is obtain through botting (mostly), but SP Farming isn't recommended since not all skills given in you specific category is useful
Botting is not allowed, both in this forum and ingame.
You will have to sp farm at one point or another, You may not need to for just grinding but later on for pvp its important or you'll get buttraped by everyone

Looks like i have to go ill re-edit this with more info in the future.
Date=May 12 2011 Time= 10:55 PM

Q: Is it worth it to SP Farm?
A: no not really, as you may notice at the start of the game, u get new skills every 4 levels, meaning you can just leave ur mastery at say lvl 12 and lvl u char level to lvl 16, and have a surplus of sp points even when u want to master all you lvl 12 skills. Remember the game gives u 4 lvls to lvl up all the skills. For example, im lvl 12 ( 0 gap) and i only manage to lvl up half of all the skills i want to lvl, not to worry because the sp from 12 to 16 may be used to lvl up the lvl 12 skills.Yes its worth to sp farm, you farm once and 0gap the whole way. Grinding with a 4gap takes forever, and its only euros that get a new skilllv every 4 mastery lvls, chinese get a new skill lvl every 2 levels.

Q: How to level up quickly?
A: Simple have a 0 gap, but this comes at the cost of less sp points harvested.

Q: WTF pots cost 200 gold?
A: yes pots are expensive, but by pressing N u may recover all mp and hp points in mere seconds. So if u calculate it, u get 100 gp per monster and u waste about 200 on pots, so in short its best to take a couple of seconds to rest your eyes and heal up.
Pots arent really big of a deal, maybe at lower lvls but then you can just sit down to regain hp
Date: May 13 2011 Time: 11:28 AM

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:42 pm 
Addicted Member

200 gold = Expensive o_O .

Even at my first character when i was -10 , i didn't call that expensive .

No really , there are pots that are 50k each and 100k each (but not hp, mp pots) .

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:33 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

starting at lvl 1 non funded, 200 gp is alot, i mean remember back into the past when you bought ur lvl 8 weapon, i bet your heart wash aching.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:50 pm 
Addicted Member

Elitelee wrote:
starting at lvl 1 non funded, 200 gp is alot, i mean remember back into the past when you bought ur lvl 8 weapon, i bet your heart wash aching.

No i wasn't , i remember getting my first 20k from Npc stuff and collecting gold .

When i was ~ level 15 , i joined some random 4 party man and the party leader gave me 2 millions ( he said it was a gift ) , the first thing i did was buying a wolf and then it died right away as i didn't disabale that auto attack when i attack button and a level 2 wolf can't survive 1 hit , died at the first 30 seconds i spawned it .

Then when i was ~35 my guild master offered me a free powerlevel , i accepted and we went to penons , i didn't have much gold , so i offered him an arena coin and he gave me 20 millions for it ( btw it is only worth 1-2m ) .

From that time to now i helped +15 low levels and gave them thier first wolf and some millions .

Don't forget i didn't get those 2 millions before 15 so i remember buying my weapon without having much problems , i even bought 3 different weapons as i didn't know what was cleric rod called ( light staff ) .

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 pm 
Loyal Member

Elitelee wrote:

pick up everything from mobs, not just gold. Gear can be sold even at level 1 for much more than 200 gold. Mobs drop materials too; sell those for gold.

Do the beginner quests up to lvl 5 and you will get free 50 hp and 50 mp pots plus free gear. @ level 2 in Constantinople potion seller, there's a quest to introduce you to the academy matching system and that provides potions if I recall correctly. Not sure about Jangan/Chinese quests.

Hit H for Help, then click on the Quest tab to see the possible quests in Constantinople or Jangan. You need to click on the dropdown box. Quests in white are done; quests in gray aren't done yet or not attempted. Red means the quest is above your level, but you can still do some of them without dying.

Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:37 am 
Addicted Member

Quests in blue are too easy for your level .

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:51 am 
Loyal Member

The Invisible wrote:
Quests in blue are too easy for your level .

Yes, that is also true, it's a light blue color. Some of them are still worth it if you really want to level and are gapping.

Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:37 pm 
Common Member

DONT TRUST ANYONE.
DONT BUY EXPENSIVE SHIT.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:55 pm 
Addicted Member

Legs wrote:
DONT TRUST ANYONE.
DONT BUY EXPENSIVE SHIT.

Interesting theory but not always true .

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm 
Common Member

The Invisible wrote:
Legs wrote:
DONT TRUST ANYONE.
DONT BUY EXPENSIVE SHIT.

Interesting theory but not always true .

The words always and never usually means almost always and almost never.

Just basic human conversationSKiLLz.