Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2hd Warrior/which sub class?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi there,

I'm not that new to Silk Road but never managed to get very far. Currently I've got a lvl 36 2hd sword/bard with only 1600sp :( I've found it extremely hard to keep him decent 2hd mastery lvl skills while gaining enough sp to upgrade my bard skills, moving march/noise, every 10 levels to upgrade. So when I hit level 40 there is no way I can afford the lvl 40 moving march and lvl 40 noise skill + 2hd skills and mastery lvl ups.

I'm usually a solo player and like it that way, I somtimes play in a party with my friend.

So, I've started a new player, going to be 2hd/bard, 2hd/cleric or (if possible) 2hd/bard/cleric. I've been SP farming for about 3 weeks now and have racked up just over 16,500 sp with some help from a friend and high level taxing. I haven't used a bot and never intend to use a one as that's just pointless imo.

I've been reading some guides here on the forum that say that 2hd with a sub class of cleric is the best because of the bless spell at lvl 24 and lvl 40 if im correct? And another spell that heal's your health over period of time but cant remember the name at the moment (healing division??)

Judging by those spell descriptions they sound really useful for a solo player, however I love my bard skills because I can't stand running slowly especially with the heavy armor and grinding solo using the noise to protect myself from unwanted monster attacks means I have been dying very very rarely.

So, my questions are:

1. How many skill points should I build up before I hit level 30 which will allow me to max out my 2hd skills, moving march lvl30 and noise lvl 30 - WITH the bless spell.
2. Is it possible to continue this way every 10 lvls leveling up my bard skills for moving march and noise as well as increasing the cleric skills?
3. Does this sound stupid and I should stick with either bard or cleric?
4. What other useful cleric skills should I be aware of?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and would greatly appreciate some good advice. I want to continue playing silk road in my spare time but don't want to feel like im wasting time on leveling a character that will eventually run out of sp and be eithr not as powerful, or not good enough sub class skills for its overall level.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: 2hd Warrior/which sub class?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:51 pm 

First of all, getting 3 masteries as euro is not possible.

You can calculate the amount of sp you need here: http://nivlam.rev6.com/

Can't really give you more advice, other then that imo Cleric is more usefull than bard as warrior.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 am 
Valued Member

If u got good ammount of money just go cleric, u can buy drug typhoons at 92k for 30 mins. go to ur grinding place with a horse, go off then use it, in those 30 mins u should get enough coins back to pay for it if at higher levels 40+? meantime taxi a bit.. 30+ start partying, get used to ur char in both situations and that should help. If no just go bard.. its more comfortable i must admit but only skills i use are noise and speed.. Wiz/bard here

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

futuresight wrote:
First of all, getting 3 masteries as euro is not possible.

You can calculate the amount of sp you need here: http://nivlam.rev6.com/

Can't really give you more advice, other then that imo Cleric is more usefull than bard as warrior.

Thanks for the tips and the sp meter :)

So, what you are saying it is not at all possible to have skills from both Bard and Cleric? It's an either/or situation? Moving march and noise are possible my 2 fav sub class skills just for their extreme usefullness as a solo player. I've never really tried cleric, is the bless spell and HP recovery spells really that needed/more useful to a euro warrior?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:44 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

jbrigjaj wrote:
If u got good ammount of money just go cleric, u can buy drug typhoons at 92k for 30 mins. go to ur grinding place with a horse, go off then use it, in those 30 mins u should get enough coins back to pay for it if at higher levels 40+? meantime taxi a bit.. 30+ start partying, get used to ur char in both situations and that should help. If no just go bard.. its more comfortable i must admit but only skills i use are noise and speed.. Wiz/bard here

Thanks for your reply!

I haven't actually got that much money tbh, but I do see what you mean about buying the drug typhoons. I'm really unecided, if I do get to somewhere over lvl 60+ I can see the moving march and noise beeing hella useful! But perhaps at that level I would be playing more in parties? Like I say, I've only ever got to 36 which is my current player so never had the experience of playing in a decent party group, just those crappy 'do what ever the hell you please' parties at the dam crabs LOL!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:33 pm 
Valued Member

Dymondo wrote:
jbrigjaj wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

I haven't actually got that much money tbh, but I do see what you mean about buying the drug typhoons. I'm really unecided, if I do get to somewhere over lvl 60+ I can see the moving march and noise beeing hella useful! But perhaps at that level I would be playing more in parties? Like I say, I've only ever got to 36 which is my current player so never had the experience of playing in a decent party group, just those crappy 'do what ever the hell you please' parties at the dam crabs LOL!

LOL, dw bout it im lvl 40 myself.. join a sweet legit english speaking guild which is popular.. and ull get into parties easily