Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: all str + spear is it possible?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:03 am 

Like the title says?

Would it be possible lol, i mean my chars semi hybrided so he has alot of mana and health,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:06 am 

Is your character "semi hybrid" or "all str"? Because you can't be both. But yes, it's possible. It's a terrible idea, because glavies cost the same and are specifically designed for strength characters, but it's possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:41 am 

Well, i mean my character seems a little hybrided honestly. I have over 1.2k mana at level 25, and over 1.5k hp. When i was in lower levels i would throw points into str and int, would switch every level up till like eh 16, i started doing all strength.

I was just wondering because i love the graphics of level 32-45 spears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:41 am 

If graphics are more important to you than being able to kill things, by all means, do whatever you like. It will just make things slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:48 am 

Harsh man, harsh. lol... but yeah, consider the importance of damage ya.. If you don't mind slow gameplay, its fine I guess. I'm sp farming and I'm decomposing as I'm slowly grinding my way to get all that SP... don't like slow gameplay >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:34 am 

I mean its not more important, i was just wondering if you know it would be possible because im basically a hybrid. Didnt really think their was a set weaponf or hybrids you could switch to glaive or spear because i have really high amounts of both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:54 am 

yea, but you said at level 16 you started all str.... by the time you get to
level 32 to enjoy the spear graphics, you're going to have a high physical
balance and low magical balance, so a spear is going to hit for way less. if
you KEPT going hybrid at the rate you were, it might be feasible then,
especially if you used alot of magic-damage skills, but going all str for 16
more levels isn't going to make you a very powerful magic user.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:15 pm 

You keep asking if it's "possible", what do you expect anyone to say except yes because as you can easily tell by picking up any old spear and dropping it on your character, it is possible to equip a spear and attack things regardless of your stats or build. Will it be possible to kill anyone else who is around your level? Not unless they are afk or naked. Will it be possible to kill mobs? Yes, very slowly. If you try to use a spear with more STR than INT you will probably lose patience with the game and quit because it will become very boring and difficult. My advice if you want the spear graphics is to use skills that go along with the spear. But yes it is possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:38 pm 

when i say its possible i mean, is it possible to succeed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:30 pm 

Oh. My. God. Where do you draw the line between success and failure? Any build, supported by enough time and pots, will be able to level as high as it wants, the only question is how long it takes. I have made it quite clear, although not in so many words, that I think using a spear when you have more STR than INT is downright idiotic, if your goal is anything beyond looking spiffy in screenshots. I didn't think I had to spell it out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:14 am 

If your character is already built around using polearm-class weapons (spear or glaive) and you prefer the look of one or the other, go for it. The minor differences in stats are not going to make the sky fall. The armor types in the game are pretty similar as well. There are minor differences between each, but unless you have a very specific application and approach, you're not going to see the full utility of the items.

I use a spear on my str character simply to get a bit of extra damage from my fire imbues because I don't like wasting mana on weapon skills while grinding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:38 pm 

Bakemaster wrote:
Oh. My. God. Where do you draw the line between success and failure? Any build, supported by enough time and pots, will be able to level as high as it wants, the only question is how long it takes. I have made it quite clear, although not in so many words, that I think using a spear when you have more STR than INT is downright idiotic, if your goal is anything beyond looking spiffy in screenshots. I didn't think I had to spell it out for you.

No reason to get mad at my idioticness lol. I was just thinking since im mostly a hybrid character could i use both weapons as if full int or full str was my build?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:32 pm 
Casual Member

Just try instead of asking, then you can base if you want to continue on your own experiences.