Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Do you find this useful?
YES 71%  71%  [ 34 ]
NO 29%  29%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 48
 Post subject: Account Hacking Prevention!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:52 am 

hi please contribute all uknow in order to prevent hacking or ur accounts:

I hear people say he guessed my password and stuff ??? why wud u give ur email and stuff to anyone anyhow!!
3 WORDS FOR U "Dont Trust Anyone". Sure you are pals and everything i spare the occasional hp mp pots or low level armor but email and account name sheesh.

I find this softwares usefull:/But i am not responsible if your system isnt able to handle them and collpases or crashes.
Spybot search and destroy.
Ad ware Se.
Avast anitivirus
Nod32.
Winpatrol or easy cleaner (for monitoring startup).

Please contribute to all such softwares everyone uses. I intended to do testing on these softwares.

Please update your computer regularly. If you have free antivirus beware not all will update on itself always update. Make it a habit to update everything on the time of login/ before shutdown.

- Dont watch those garbage sites those are the best or should i say worst source of such viruses spywars and key loggers.
Remeber Key loggers can not only record ur every single pressed key but can also take screenshots of what you do and send them over remotely.
If you find i key logger (U are being tapped) me very cautious.

- Dont use very easy passwords , i heard some guy saying how cud have they guessed "98787" (for e.g) is the password. People how many times i have to tell ya all they dont guess :banghead: they have complex softwares which simply tries random combinations to unlock ur password .
Always use alpha-numberic. Whats that WORD+NUMBERS.

- Or simply tap every keys you press using key loggers.
Never use same password everywhere.
- Dont be a fool if its on ur computer in a note pad doesnt matter it is still accessible.
- There are lot of encrytion software available use them if u have to keep those passwords. What encryption software does is lets say in layman terms hides ur data by mixing it with random other data which can be retrieved by those softwares only. I cant enlighten you on the technical terms because i myself am not aware of how exactly it works.

- Check your firewal system is on and on recommended settings, you can turn on auto update options on but sometimes if your in game it might lag you a bit.

- Another simple but effective tip you cud try is to hit crtl+alt+Del keys on keyboard (assuming you are all windows users) go to the task manager note down all the processes running exactly as they are listed note processes not the tasks, and google them out you can surely find out if some unlisted or suspicious process is running.

Please this is a pleading to all you guys let us all know what measures you try to keep ur system safe. Also if i have said any wrong or incorrect comments please correct them.

AND PLEASE LEAVE VOTES IF U LIKE THIS GUIDE I MIGHT PUT UP IMAGES FOR ALL THE ABOVE. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:05 pm 

Use the site, or another site like it, to see how good your password is and create the strongest password you can. This, along with keeping your computer clean of malware, provides the best protection against losing your account information.
http://www.securitystats.com/tools/password.php

Change your password regularly (I recommend every 1-2 weeks), and do not use the same password many times on different sites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:24 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

ok this is a topic i hear alot... and having... umm... "friends" that are hackers... i know many ways they do it... so heres some tips...

a 4 letter word... takes 4 seconds for a password programs to guess... a 7 digit alpha-numeric password takes 4 years... hardly any game hackers wait that long for your password....

if you have your friends from ganes on AIM or Yahoo or whatev... use a virus scanner to check EVERYTHING they send you... dont run it till its scanned... even pictures can have stuff programed into them... most wont... but they can...

same with emails... scan them....

dont give out your account name... if staff needs it... they staff... they can get it from somewhere else... and they will NEVER ask you for a password... that right there is a person trying to steal your account... report him and get him banned ^.^

if u see some one flying... thats not sign that he may be hacking u should tell him your account and pass... no really...stay the hell away from em XD

if u absolutly choose to ignore everything here... lemme have your account and pass so i can delete ur hi lvl acounts for u now b4 anyone else does

**EDIT**
ok i just thought of some more crap to add...

bots... dont f'king use em... they most likely have keyloggers in them... i got Globbally banned on a dif game cuz i used a bot for runescape... it had a keylogger and logged EVERYTHING... they got on a dif game and hacked the sh!t outta some server and deleted like 3 of the stafff there with my account....

another thing... to make it harder to guess your pass... use alt codes... like hold down alt and push 145 on ur numpad for æ... makes it even harder to guess... heres a small list of alt codes

789 - §
145 - æ
789987 - π
0225 - á
233 - Θ
0233 - é
0237 - í
0243 - ó
0250 - ú
0241 - ñ
0252 - ü
0161 - ¡
0191 - ¿

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Bakemaster wrote:
Use the site, or another site like it, to see how good your password is and create the strongest password you can. This, along with keeping your computer clean of malware, provides the best protection against losing your account information.
http://www.securitystats.com/tools/password.php

Change your password regularly (I recommend every 1-2 weeks), and do not use the same password many times on different sites.

YES I LIKE THIS SITE!!! its a noobish way to see if your passwords are good or not... if yall people dont want ur pass guessed... use that sites password tester.... if its green... its good :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:37 pm 

I do NOT recommend using any ALT codes for your silkroad password. There are enough problems with accessing the Joymax site as it is without throwing that into the mix.

Post subject: agreed
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:05 pm 

Although using alt key is agood suggestions there are only 2 problems to it:
A software trying to crack it down dosent need to guess it and second does SRO actually accept those characters?
Also about the password testing site its nice but i would not try my actuall password on it God know what might happen.
Also all the above mentions things are very helpfull thank ya all for tha but still missing my point . What if someone else is trying a software to crack ur password. I want to know which according to u indiviually is better software other than what i mentioned.
But the password testing site surely has some cool tips

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:26 pm 

I wanna know, my guild mate says he wants to change his secret question
but he didnt found how....i also checked and cant seem to find it...
is it possible ?

Post subject: K
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:07 pm 

THINGS YOU CANT DO WITH UR ACCOUNT:
Change the secret question! LOL U wont even see it once u put it. Which is good in a way i think atleast u can always change your password back.

Post subject: FORGOT TO ADD THIS
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:00 am 

#1. While posting Screen shots dont let ur name be revelead.
#2. Try not to have same login name to ur character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:57 pm 
Common Member

A good way of preventing key loggers from some site is by using firefox instead of internet explorer.

Since most key loggers uses javascript to plant it in your computer.So what you can do is using a firefox extension called NoScript. It disable javascript automatically for every site you go. The best thing about NoScript is, it an identifie javascript from different sources in 1 website.

For example: http://www.hidden-street.net (a MapleStory fan site). It contains
javascript from hidden-street.net and revsci.net. Now, you have a javascript program in hidden-street that you really want to use. But you are not sure if revsci.net's javascript contains key logger. So what you can do if you have NoScript is enable the javascript from hidden-street.net while letting the one from revsci.net stay disabled.

By doing this, it should make web browsing safer.

Hope what I've said can help you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:49 am 
Casual Member

i need to update my windows??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:59 pm 
Casual Member

"Dont watch those garbage sites those are the best or should i say worst source of such viruses spywars and key loggers.
Remeber Key loggers can not only record ur every single pressed key but can also take screenshots of what you do and send them over remotely.
If you find i key logger (U are being tapped) me very cautious"

like this website??
http://silkroadforums.com/
lol kidding, this is the best website, it helpd me alot,thx you all.
and the idea with this cods
789 - §
145 - æ
789987 - π
are not so good, bc many hackers cen tray this on accounts that read this trick and tray to do the cods one bay one on them.
and all the ppl that vote no for this guide, go to hell!
its good guide

sorry for the bad english
and right now i just lved up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:46 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

mmmm, but lets say someone plants spyware, what diffrent is it than keyloggers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:58 am 
Loyal Member

There are many better guides out there, I would link them to you but I'm too upset over the ending of my anime atm.

Post subject: Re: Account Hacking Prevention!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:53 am 
Banned User

dodgy777 wrote:
hi please contribute all uknow in order to prevent hacking or ur accounts:

I hear people say he guessed my password and stuff ??? why wud u give ur email and stuff to anyone anyhow!!
3 WORDS FOR U "Dont Trust Anyone". Sure you are pals and everything i spare the occasional hp mp pots or low level armor but email and account name sheesh.

I find this softwares usefull:/But i am not responsible if your system isnt able to handle them and collpases or crashes.
Spybot search and destroy.
Ad ware Se.
Avast anitivirus
Nod32.
Winpatrol or easy cleaner (for monitoring startup).

Please contribute to all such softwares everyone uses. I intended to do testing on these softwares.

Please update your computer regularly. If you have free antivirus beware not all will update on itself always update. Make it a habit to update everything on the time of login/ before shutdown.

- Dont watch those garbage sites those are the best or should i say worst source of such viruses spywars and key loggers.
If you find i key logger (U are being tapped) me very cautious.

- Dont use very easy passwords , i heard some guy saying how cud have they guessed "98787" (for e.g) is the password. People how many times i have to tell ya all they dont guess :banghead: they have complex softwares which simply tries random combinations to unlock ur password .
Always use alpha-numberic. Whats that WORD+NUMBERS.

- Or simply tap every keys you press using key loggers.
Never use same password everywhere.
- Dont be a fool if its on ur computer in a note pad doesnt matter it is still accessible.
- There are lot of encrytion software available use them if u have to keep those passwords. What encryption software does is lets say in layman terms hides ur data by mixing it with random other data which can be retrieved by those softwares only. I cant enlighten you on the technical terms because i myself am not aware of how exactly it works.

- Check your firewal system is on and on recommended settings, you can turn on auto update options on but sometimes if your in game it might lag you a bit.

- Another simple but effective tip you cud try is to hit crtl+alt+Del keys on keyboard (assuming you are all windows users) go to the task manager note down all the processes running exactly as they are listed note processes not the tasks, and google them out you can surely find out if some unlisted or suspicious process is running.

Please this is a pleading to all you guys let us all know what measures you try to keep ur system safe. Also if i have said any wrong or incorrect comments please correct them.

AND PLEASE LEAVE VOTES IF U LIKE THIS GUIDE I MIGHT PUT UP IMAGES FOR ALL THE ABOVE. :roll:

lol....just...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:21 am 
Valued Member

Haha,,,

I got nearly 10 Accounts and 10 diferent passwords even more pass :D (for everything... mail other games, other registrations and etc...)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:23 am 

You hackers tell about things so great --- can you hack scammers and the numerous sdjghdsjgdscharacters running around instead, and delete them? or ---- did they all follow your advice, and you can not delete them yourselves? :-) Peace...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:30 pm 

Nice necro, seriously. Look at the date, THEN post aight? ;)

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:
technically speaking all i need is DOT for dull and wheel bind to kill a chinese char but the other stuff just adds salt to the wounds

im telling i never lose to chinese

edit: and if ur the type to throw up a fire wall or ice wall, i just walk away and sit down lol