Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Making Customize Guild Events
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:47 am 

I'm making this thread to gather and share info on how to make customize guild events. I used to make alot of event for my guild and for others in other game so, here goes...

What is a customize guild events
An event which requires a team of event organizer, guild treasury (for prize giving) and the participants of course.

Objective
- Make guild activity more fun and foster closer ties of the members.
- To bring the leaders closer to the members themselves.

For those guild leaders and sub-guild leaders out there, here are some guides to make customize guild events.

1. Established a communication website / blog / use forums to annouce the events, dates and time.
2. Have a meeting with event organizer, and decide budget to buy the event price, start date and close date.
3. Determine rules and regulation
4. Fire up the event on time by annoucing in guild chat.
5. Have a member in event organizer as a monitor, he/she will be assigned to check items via trade window whether the constestant items are accurate or not.

Examples of Guild Events
1. Item Hunting Galore (Typical : 1 week event)
Write a riddle on the webby, each contestant will need to answer it.
But, they need to gather items that begins with the same character

For example,
Riddle answer is MAP so, items collected must be
Merciless Snake Spear,
Arrow,
a piece of Python Armor

2. Location Hunting Event
Event Organizer each takes turns to Screenshot area of the map which is very unique, and jot down clues related to the map surrounding area. the organizer will also need to jot down the exact coordinates of the area X : Y

Usually this event, need at least 5 or more spots to locate otherwise it's too easy.

This event is easy to conduct cost it requires no monitoring. In the end constestant just need to fill up and email the document form / submit a PM in forum to a selected event organizer.

Steps
1. Create a guild email so that, ppl can submit their answers.
2. Find a place to upload or share your question form (e.g. webby / forum)
3. Assign a few member of the event organizer to look for unique spot to screen shot.
4. Use photoshop / any graphical tool to crop out the location then, add text clues to guide the contestant.
5. Prepare the question form and guides to fill in the form correctly.
6. Annouce the start / close date and prize (2X weapon elixir for e.g)

3. Run a thong!
Yes, very nasty, this is more like tournament which requires alot of monitors in each checkpoints.

Is basically this, each contestant that participate will have to strip down their armors and with no weapon or what so ever.

Monitors wil be stationed at various spots to from cities to cities....Yes, they have to run from city to another city without dying. The person that reaches first / or furthest (if all died) is the winner.

This tournament is tedious may requires schedule for contestant that participate and there's lag issues to consider.

Well that's about for now! Hope u guys find this useful. Cheers! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:02 am 

Sounds enjoyable but not something id like to organise.
Ill keep an eye out for if you do ever make something of the sort in this forum :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:56 pm 
Common Member

im haveing an hard enought time keeping are enemies harting us and wars arnt friendly usaly for my guild :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:57 am 
Advanced Member

possible 'events' for a guild to do

1.war
2.trade run
3. hunter run
4. theif run
5.share xp party bash
6. get naked and cape across the world

fun eh.

1. do not wage war on any given guild, scout them out and find out their member count first. do not accept war from anyone, if someone randomly wants to start a war they damn well know they have more members and are higher level.

2. keep it secret within the guild until the last second, only go above 1 star if you know you can handle anything, if you get tag alongs of a lower level, warn them that if they do more then 1 star they risk being attacked by players, helping them with npc theives isnt hard anyway, so be nice

3. I wouldn't do this in less then a group of 20 level 32+ otherwise you will get your face rubbed across the world

4. not much to say about this, theives are scum, there is enough of them already, try something different

5. pack your guildies into parties of share xp pick some fairly decent xp mobs and stick close, generally go berserk and bash the hell out of things and be silly

6. its a new form of streaking, except you get to 1 hit kill any newbies levelling with capes on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:54 pm 

hey thieves are not scum i hapen to know some very nice ppl that are thieves u can and besides its only a job that hapens to be leagal withing the rules of the game so dont be like that, juging ppl before u know what thay are.
To tell u the truth i have met alot of hunters and merchants that are alot more scum than a lot of thieves i have met.

http://www.thecunningstunts.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:04 pm 
Advanced Member

sure enough there are morons that are hunters and ignorant traders, and yes there are a few nice theives that you can have a laugh with given they dont want your booty. but I dont like the concept of ebing able to be a theif overall anymore, the fact that it pits you against other players, no mattertheir levelm and against their will is completely destructive to the fun of the game, for some people doing a trade run is hard enough, or just tagging along one as a hunter, but then even if you can handle a 2 star or maybe more, you cant risk it because your guaranteed that theres a pack of theives just around the corner, with at least 2 in that party 5 levels above you, and then they have jackals 5 levels below you tagging along to scrounge and gloat.

yes i've come across some decent theives just looking for a challenge, i've had good fights risking a two star, got my arse pounded by a level 45 theif girl, who then res'd me, thanked me for the fight and went off elsewhere, but then theres also those that are hard enough to fight on their own that have 7 friends with them, and they dont think for an instant that you're trying to earn a bit of money, they just jump in kill you and take your stuff, they wont even consider ressing you after they loot your corpse.

I've had the idea in theb ack of my mind for a while, taking out the theif job would benefit silkroad greatly, its pretty simple, all they'd have to do is cut that job out, and make the npc theives more common and difficult, then the traders can hire hunters for protection or risk it alone, there should also be npc hunters for hire.

sometimes i run trade routes as a hunter, or with a cape on and kill those i come across, to capers, its a lesson to not wear the cape while levelling, as they could get screwed over and killed by a monster, losing major xp.

to theives, it's a subtle hint that they should either try the other jobs, or when they do kill people to be kind and res them, as i do.

unfortunately my ideals will never happen, as long as blood runs throught the veins of ignorant 14year old korean power levellers. there are too many e-penis gloating idiots to outnumber decent players with good ideas for them to possible make a better difference.

this is why i think theives are scum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:06 pm 

geting thieves out the game will be a major drow back on the game. i think pvp in a mmo is the bases of having fun wna dwhen u have something to lose its even more fun and adrenalin boosting.

i to kill capers to give tham that point but i also kill arogant hunters and traders that think they can be safe of waring there hunter job and train at the same time just becuse they hunter job is a sort of policing job. i never ware job suit when i train even tho i think the thief suit is very cool looking

all the jobs have to exist to make this game fun and chalenging for all tipes of gamers if u dont like pvp or dont like to get down and durty to save a 2 star run profit then dont do it do a one star. dont get greedy. thieves have one to the hardes jobs and one of the most important jobs. if it wornot for thieves then all lvl 20 to 24 pp would me milionares and the economy of the game would go down the drain.

to sum up alitle risk is good i a mmo i use to play eve online and if u died there ither form pvp of pve u lost so much (u even lose lvls that take days to train up) but it just gave u the encurigment to get up on ut feet and trie agein

this is y thieves is a good thing in sro and in eny sro

edit: to all sorry for going off the topic of the thread

http://www.thecunningstunts.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:39 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

demarthl, what makes you any better from being a thief? You kill people because they have their cape on. Its the same thing as thief. They kill you people you want to have 2 star trades. You teach cape wearers not to wear capes and run around like idiots, thieves teach you not to do 2 star trades without hunter support.

The game is balanced. Just because of your misfortunes, you would like to change the game to your selfish needs. Remember this, if theres no theif, there would be no need for hunters. Everyone will be traders, and economy collapse because of it. That is why your "ideal" will never come true.

And when you say thieves gang up on you, thats because its one of their guild's events... So theres no need to be angry at them. They are trying to strengthen the bond within the guildmates...