Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1441 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Bow build 70:70 GUIDE Updated 3.0!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:35 am 
Valued Member

Ok first of all going to tell you about this Build and how to make such a Build.
This Build is a 70:70 Balanced Bow which means you have a Balance of 70% Phy and 70% Mag.
On my opinion its a very good bow Build.

How to make it ?

Your aim is to get a 70:70 Balance.
Take all your clothes off after each LVL up and Press C.
See your balance and put your stats to get a 70:70 balance.
Its quite easy. If you start a new char you need to put the first 2 LVL up all into INT then you will have a 70:70 balance.
After that just have an eye on your balance and put the points to keep the balance.
SOMETIMES you can get only 70:69 or 69:70. I Suggest you to take 70:69 (70% Phy and 69% Mag)
Lets say you have 69:69 and have 1 POINT left...what to do ?
Put it to STR and you will have 70:69 !

You cant say it is a 2:1 or 1:2 Build.. Well its mixed up
Most of the time it is a 1:2 Build but sometimes u have to put 2:1 to keep your balance at 70:70 or 70:69

Skills
You should go Pacheon/Ice and Light or Fire
Fire as Imbue has the highest Damage output and Ice would give you the ability to freeze the enemy or slow them down (if they are not immune)

I prefer Pacheon/Light/Ice

What Gear ?

Recommend Garment Or Protector !
With lots of INT and STR also HP if possible.
Your AIM is to get a balance of 80:80 (or even higher) throught INT and STR on equipments !
Some People say go garment for Nukers.. but u dont have to.. if they KD you just switch to shield.. yeah shield :D to block and reduce their damage on you

Garment would be usefull to reduce the MP consuming etc.

I would prefer Protector over Garment =)

Why should you go Hybrid ?

Oh well i think Chinese should go hybrids because they have Mag and Phy attack power.
Only Euro are mean to be Pure Builds.
I dont really care about Hybrid haters just stay out of this Thread and dont say sth like: Hybrid sux go Pure... just because someone told you to go Pure you dont have to
Just because the majority go Pure u dont have to
Hybrids can be strong if you do it right !
Comments like hybrids depends on good gear isnt a good evidence that Hybrids sux.. also Full int Nukers need Good gears.

Vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIcp-0_y07k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1drJUrmRa4

Bow Guide 70:70

Last edited by Jadekiss on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:04 am 
Casual Member

hi jade. well ur build interest me alot...actually can anybody give the difference between physical balance and magical balance? is it like this?:

bicheon, hueksal, pacheon skills = physical balance / physical attack?

force fire, lightning, ice, power = magical balance / magical attack?

u said that ur magical attack is high then pure, in what form is it?? ur a bow sure u wont use nuke right?? in what bow skills do u use to make ur magic dmg higher??...

for me bow better use pacheon skills to the max..because of the range..can pls explain how ur magic dmg gonna be high while using bow skills?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:28 am 

In my opinion, this build isn't all that great. They may have good damage with the bow, but it is completely pointless because the nukes will do even more damage , and one of the only things that makes a bow good is that if you crit as a pure str, it is almost an instant kill. If you are a hybrid, you do much less damage when you crit, and you dont have any of the useful skills that Bicheon and the Glavie masteries have, such as knockdown and stun. This means that you are pretty much helpless if anybody knocks you down or stuns you. This build would probably work out with either spear or sword, but from my experience, it won't be too good for a bow

On the other hand, it probably will do well against bows, if that is what you are going to go against most often.

Btw, just so you know, sword and spear nukers are the most common builds in SRO, with pure str Glavie coming very close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:56 am 
Common Member

I was under the impression that a full str/fire/bow was all about hard hitting crits...crits crits and more crits...My only question is it shows mag damage on the bow which is in fact a higher number than the phy..Is that the damage you do with imbue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:59 am 
Valued Member

@Longlost let me tell it you so:
Pacheon, heuksal, bicheon = phy attack BUT NOT PHY BALANCE
Fire, lighning, ice = mag attack BUT NOT MAG BALANCE

If u lvl up u get 3 points right ? just press C then u see there a Phy balance and a Mag balance so normaly your phy balance is higher than ur mag balance BUT u have to put your points so that u get a 70:70 balance
the first lvls on my opinion was it to putt all points on int then u will have kinda 68:68 so next lvl other 3 points..... what not ? u have to put 1 on str and 2 on int then u have 69:70 next lvl u put put 2 on str and 1 on int if u do it right u will have 70:70

About the attack power....u are defintely stronger than a FULL STR... because full str have kinda 98:30 balance and phy = health and how long you can survive BUT mag = damage power !!!!
THATS why full int user like nuker do dam high damages because they have 30:98 balance but remember ? you are a 80:80 bow balance (with int and str bonus) that means u will survive pretty good and ur damage is pretty higher than a full str
BUT fire imbue is a must because fire has the highest mag damage and u need that to make ur char very strong

@Porpoise your wrong there ! full int nukers do more damage that right BUT do they srvive long enough to kill there pvp enemys ? NO they die in kinda 2 heavy hits or 1 crit hit.... hybrids are the best build but its hard to make the right build every1 have to find out what is the best build for him BUT if the game based only on PURE players.....wouldnt that be to easy ? dont u think so ? u never saw a 80:80 bow player in action right ? then trust me ur wrong there defintely.... this build works also for spear that true but it isnt that good like bow ...why ? bow got a range bonus....u will hit ur enemy dam nice before they reach u so u will have only to hit a few times more then they will die... but it depends on how ksilled u are

@koa no ! it depends on ur balance for example ur a full str and hit with crit 7000 dmg... 6000 dmg come from phy and 1000 from mag attack power
now look at str hybrid bow u get kinda 5500 dmg from phy and 1500 dmg from mag = 7000 dmg aswell so there is no different BUT if u raise ur MAG balance to 80% u will have adam nice dmgexample 80:60 hybrid = 7000dmg on crit / 5500+1500
but what about 80:80 ? 5500+5500 =11000 dmg ? haha nice huh ? ur are pretty stronger than a full str or str hybrid believe me... that is the fact

Fazit: u have to do hardcore SP farming and u have to know how to skill ur char .... recommend armor = protector find the best protector (with int and str bonus) and bow u have to have a bow with at least crit 8 dont buy a +3 bow crit 6 or so

if u dont believe me try it out i have lots of bow chars... a full str/fire/bow...hybrid/fire/bow....also full int/fire/bow...and they all sux !!! u will lose almost all pvp against full str also even against a nuker cause u cant kill him before he kills u trust me i spend a lot of time to find out the best bow build...and on my opinion its a 70:70 (later 80:80)
my friend made such a char and no1 !!! killes ysutareu so much as him and he is now one of the strongest player in his server AND i heard only 1 of 5 glaviers could kill him... so believe it or not its ur choise ... u can waste ur time on making a full/str/fire bow u will be so weak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:11 pm 
Ex-Staff

koa wrote:
I was under the impression that a full str/fire/bow was all about hard hitting crits...crits crits and more crits...My only question is it shows mag damage on the bow which is in fact a higher number than the phy..Is that the damage you do with imbue?

Mag damage is higher on all weapons. Bows are considered strength weapons as there are attacks that add crit posibility and crits are for strength attacks only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:00 pm 
Valued Member

@Jadekiss You are an idiot.

To everyone else, if you wanna see if he's fulla shit or not go find the highest lvl hybrid you can, and get him to pvp a pure str or int, you will see the results.

Hybrids (I belive "Mutt" is a better term) SUCK compared to pure builds, they just do, they don't have the massive int damage and don't have the massive hp,

Okay another thing I would like to point out here, as you lvl up, you gain MORE and MORE hp every time, its an exponential growth, now if you were to go make a 50/50 build you would have the LEAST amount of hp/mp your char could possibly have, think about it ^^

Pure Strength fire bow with pimp gear and the right skills can kill anything, but bladers, those fights go on forever with any build so don't try to say they own us, they don't kill us... they kd and annoy us =P

(This is coming from a 69 char with a +7 68 bow on ^^)

for you noobie bows who dont know what moves to use... what i do is antidevil/devil arrow/antidevil/devil arrow, they're the best moves, don't try using strong bow in the middle of a fight, far too much time for the enemy to pot/and or stop your move from going through

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:27 pm 
Ex-Staff

hybrids are actually a good build, but in my opinion not great for bow, better for spear or S&S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:44 pm 
Valued Member

@Dempster rofl u show us that ur a newbie at silkroad u play ur char because u read full str user are the best or full int.... u will never find out what is better if u dont do ur own experience idiot... if some1 tell u to jump from a house because he said u its cool and the best way to learn how to fly u would jump huh ? rofl
hybrids build are the best silkroad IS NOT BASED ON PURE BUILD get that in ur brain if the maker of silkraod want to do that it would be a boring game every1 has a pure build they are fighting each other wasting pots ... its not a duel anymore only a potwar...
who the ..... told u im gonna make a 50:50 ? im gonna make 80:80 u will have still lots of hp andn ice dmg more than a ..... glavier go to aege make a full str glavier and lvl up then fight against Wind he is kinda 70+ now has a 80:80 bow char und u will die for sure noob ask the ppl in aege ask them who is the strongest bower in that server every1 will tell u Wind
only noobs dare to tell that pure players are the best..... no experience tzzzz

@hellsharpt nah bow has middle mag and phy attack power so why shouldnt it go hybrid ? just wait till some1 in ur server has a 80:80 build and u will see what happen to u if u are pure...whatever u are int or str...u will die but it also depends on weapon and equip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:25 pm 
Banned User

As soon as my nuker hits 80 fully farmed, ima gonna start a hybrid too :)

Prolly 2:1 OR 1:1 , eveyone hates it, well, whats better, a pure str fire glavie wich EVERYONE haves or a cool guild to have new expierences with/:o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:49 pm 

this seems like a good bow build. i might try it sometimes:)

thx for all the hard work u put into this guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:55 pm 
Valued Member

@Fadex hmm its ur choice but if u gonna make a hybrid dont make 2:1 or 1:1 or like that make ur char more based on balance like 90:40 or like that if u make a 2:1 or the other shlt u wont have an char which is fully different from the others it dont make sense than... silkroad isnt a game that based on some formulars like pure or 2:1 its more than that if the game based only on formulars it would be boring right ? ;)

@devilti np try it out u will se this build is amazing but dont give up if some1 tell u that hybrid bow sux and u should go pure str... that guy dont have experience on how to build a good bow i wasted a lot of time to find out which bow is the best one and im defintely pride of this build...
and np i just want to help newbies to make a good bower

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:28 pm 
Forum God

after reading a while, i understood nothing....pfff
why u choose the number 70?

what's your IGN in which server?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:42 pm 
Valued Member

loool u undertood nothing ? xD oh man let me tell it you so that u understand it (i hope so ) looku need to make ur bow char so that u have enough HP to survive but u must be also strong to kill right ?

A full char has kinda 98-100% balance on STR or INT example
98% phy balance and 33% mag balance... that means u have a lot of HP and ur phy damage is high BUT ur mag damage is pretty low so u arent strong like a FULL int right ?

now u need to make that both to a similar lvl kinda and that only works with 70:70 balance u cant make 80:70 or like that if u make 80.. then the other is 50 or lesser... but do u still remember ? we are headding toward a 80:80 build that why u need to make a 70:70 build before then u can get THROUGH STR AND INT bonus a balance of 80% phy and 80% mag
do u get it now ?

btw i play on troy server but my IGN is secret :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:12 pm 
Forum God

as far as i know, a build 70:70 has 6700 HP, a pure Str has 11600 HP with 97%/28% balance, it's almost double

Let's do a little math :
For a bow, mag = 1.6 * phy power
Now let's call phy power = X , mag power = Y = 1.6X
For a pure Str bow : 97%X + 28%Y = (97 + 28*1.6)%X = 141.8X
For 70:70 build : 70%X +70%Y = (70+70*1.6)%X = 182X

so it's 182/141.8=1.28 times stronger than pure str, but have 11600/6700=0.57 time less HP than pure.

about critical, pure is (141.8+97)/(182+70)=238.8/252=0.94 time weaker

But note that your nuke is always higher than your weapon skill. So what's the use to use bow as hybrid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:47 pm 
Common Member

longer range? BTW if you can quick slot weapon switch is it poss to switch to shield as a bowman to try to block an in comming attack then switch back? or is this just not a good idea...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:00 pm 

koa wrote:
longer range? BTW if you can quick slot weapon switch is it poss to switch to shield as a bowman to try to block an in comming attack then switch back? or is this just not a good idea...lol

Only useful when ur kd. You cant switch weapons when you have ANY skills going(besides imbune i think).

Simple hybrid archer= even worse than normal archer. Full str galvie will totally rip you apart, and your low dmg wont even touch a blader.

"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Last edited by MastaChiefX on Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:12 pm 
Common Member

well so much for that theory...had hope that my str/fire/bow which needs a shield anyways for fire shield could do a quick switch to maybe block a nuke...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:10 pm 
Valued Member

@NuclearSilo hmm you are one of the ppl who never saw an 80:80 archer in action huh ? not 70:70 it will be 80:80 or a bit more hmm yea u a kinda good in math but i have an A in math :P so u dont have to tell me what is stronger and 80:80 bow user is difinitive stronger u will kill ur enemys before they can kill u why ? u got a range bonus and ur damage is pretty high ... you can tell whatever u want but SRO is not based on PURE CHARS get that in ur brain how simple would that game be then ? go to aege pls thefirst server and search a guy called Wind he show u how he PWNS ok ?

dont show newbie eperience if u dont know how to make a good char im one of the player who plays from the beginning of SRO i always choose BOW i did everything pure hybrid etc. but the 80:80 bow is dam amazing pls go to aege and watch Wind if he PvP do me that favour befor u post here again that full str glavier are the best... because its not true

i dont want to bully somehere i just want to share my experience with u and show the newbies that bow is a strong weapon if u make it right and i just want to show them which way is the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:37 pm 
Forum God

uhm, very convincing, have to fix my build from now on :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
im pure str lvl 25 now....
but with 80% mag balance, i'd rather nuke than use pacheon weapon...
what's the balance that nuke = skill weapon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:58 pm 
Valued Member

hmm bow isnt a nuker weapon get than in ur mind :)
for nukes i should be 90% mag u use pacheon combinated with fire and that is pretty a high damage trust me i have a lots of experience on bow i failed a lot of time on making a strong bower to survive against a full str glavier in pvp and a full str bow defintely sux trust me dont make me waste 1 year on experimenting ... just believe in me u wont waste ur time on making a full str bow and find out latert hat that build sux

btw with that build of 80:80 u can also use nukes that true but only in PvM that would be funny but in pvp u should be based more on pacheon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:45 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

jade i am a full str bow lv 56...but i think its too late to make a build
like you now... :(
i dun wanna restart a new char..it takes ALOT of time..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:25 am 
Valued Member

once i hit 80 on my blader ill try this build out. I always thought hybrids would be a strong build, just never heard a build worth trying. 2:1 of anything seemed kinda sh*tty, this seems worth spending some time on ^^. thanks for the idea.

Quote:
but what about 80:80 ? 5500+5500 =11000 dmg ? haha nice huh ? ur are pretty stronger than a full str or str hybrid believe me... that is the fact

eh? i dun get that.. doesnt make much sense to me.

gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)

Last edited by GodsAngel on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:51 am 
Valued Member

@wildlag dude i think u can still make ur char the lvl max lvl raised to 80 till there punt all ur points on INT and try to wear protector with many INT bonus i think u can still hit the 80:80 balance as long as u low down ur phy balance to 80% then u have kinda 50 oder more mag balance now try to fix that to 80% through extra INT bonus but im not sure if that still works u should start that on the beginning str bow isnt very well i know that on my own opinion but its a alternativ choice .... u can go on with full str it will do the job well but its not the best choice u will see if a 80:80 bow cross ur way on pvp u will die.... i can only tell u that i spend over 1 years to find out the best build and now im starting this 80:80 build it will take me a long time but its WORTH trust me...

@GodsAngel yea good way of thinking because silkroad isnt based on pure i can only repeat that it would be to easy if the game based only on pure right ? and shity build like 2:1 or 1:1 sux aswell u shot heading for a aim balance like 90:60 orl ike that but 80:80 is pretty nice for bow just try it out and u will love it moret hen ur pure str or whatever....

BUT i need a lot of time and hard work to succes in such a build put that in ur mind and work hard if u want a good char.... i hope i could help u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:18 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

jade what lvl is your 80:80 bow now?

what level did u reach for your full-int bow and full-str bow?

u know my fd a full-int nuker than take me in 2 nuke or add one ghost spear even i am full str.. i dunno if i can survive that much damage if my str goes down..

but i really wanna make a strong hybrid..but its a bit too late for lv 56.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:23 am 
Casual Member

Jadekiss i really interested in ur build, from my learning on ur build, i do understand now that ur int dmg do related to the force imbue, the higher ur int is the higher ur int imbue dmg is?...

another fact is if ur wanted to give more higher dmg to ur imbue..u should invest in the lightning piercing series to up ur magic dmg a lot more.... so it can be concluded that:

higher INT + high LIGHTING PIERCING SERIES = higher imbue dmg??

another questions:

uve said before that sro is not for pure firmly, so for a blader, wat physical balance and magical balance do u suggest to go with?..tq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:55 pm 
Valued Member

Jadekiss wrote:
@Dempster rofl u show us that ur a newbie at silkroad u play ur char because u read full str user are the best or full int.... u will never find out what is better if u dont do ur own experience idiot... if some1 tell u to jump from a house because he said u its cool and the best way to learn how to fly u would jump huh ? rofl
hybrids build are the best silkroad IS NOT BASED ON PURE BUILD get that in ur brain if the maker of silkraod want to do that it would be a boring game every1 has a pure build they are fighting each other wasting pots ... its not a duel anymore only a potwar...
who the ..... told u im gonna make a 50:50 ? im gonna make 80:80 u will have still lots of hp andn ice dmg more than a ..... glavier go to aege make a full str glavier and lvl up then fight against Wind he is kinda 70+ now has a 80:80 bow char und u will die for sure noob ask the ppl in aege ask them who is the strongest bower in that server every1 will tell u Wind

@hellsharpt nah bow has middle mag and phy attack power so why shouldnt it go hybrid ? just wait till some1 in ur server has a 80:80 build and u will see what happen to u if u are pure...whatever u are int or str...u will die but it also depends on weapon and equip

wtf? who the **** is you? I have a 69 pure strength bow char, 72 pure strength fire glaive, 70 pure int nuker on oasis, you should come visit one time, you will eat your words, i find it amusing you PLAN on building a "80:80" char, and talk shit here?

80% mag, 80% phys...

HMMMM lets think now, if you want BOTH stats the same whats that mean? THAT YOU'RE MAKING A 50/50 PEICE OF SHIT! goodluck killing anyone

personally, I think anyone who claims hybrids are best is just too lazy to restart their char, and is hoping and hoping they can make do with what they have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:21 pm 
Forum God

Dempster wrote:
Jadekiss wrote:

wtf? who the **** is you? I have a 69 pure strength bow char, 72 pure strength fire glaive, 70 pure int nuker on oasis, you should come visit one time, you will eat your words, i find it amusing you PLAN on building a "80:80" char, and talk shit here? and care to explain wtf your 80 80 build is? cause you don't make much sense you noob

personally, I think anyone who claims hybrids are best is just too lazy to restart their char, and is hoping and hoping they can make do with what they have.

I didnt think hybrid is the best, but i think pure is not the best either. For bow, dont think u'll win in any 1vs1. Hybrid sword will kick your ass with 1 knockdown + 3 stabs = 10k damage, when u get up, u die. So even with hybrid or str, u'll die. Bowmanship doesnt have skill that gives effect!

But i reconsider of choosing hybrid bow for fast lvling, u'll die in 1v1 anyway. In guild war, just stay behind, no need to tank with blader and glaiver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:26 pm 
Valued Member

What you all need to understand is that the Balance itself does not effect damage in any way, shape, or form. It just counts you these stats from what you have added, and displays them for your benefit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:30 pm 
Valued Member

Thanks for the positive input, but if thats true why are you trying to say that bow is so weak in defence? no more than a glaiver, but it has 1k hp less, big deal, when you have 13.5k hp whats it matter? I do disagree with your statement about the hybrid sword doing so much damage, what kind of sosun +9 swords have you been fighting?, maybe my gears better than yours? who knows, but i dont think I've ever been killed by a non zerked sword nuker hybrid..

all my garments are +4 right now, with str/int on everything

another thing you need to keep in mind is how rediculous the new hotan pots are, before you even hit the ground your hp is full again... i have to say that those pots really work in favour of pure str chars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1441 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next