Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:59 pm 
Valued Member

Oh thanks. I have a problem. I deleted Media pk.2. Now what do I doe? I tried downloading the program again but nothing shows up in "C:\Program Files\Silkroad"
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:48 pm 
Loyal Member

Reinstall SRO, and when you install it it will ask you the directory, which is "C:\Program Files\Slikroad" by default but you can change it by clicking in "Browse".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:30 pm 
Valued Member

Hyro = Big Helper + Genius

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:50 pm 
Loyal Member

er1c wrote:
Hyro = Big Helper + Genius

Lol thx dude, i'm just trying to help whenever i can, because there are people who helped me too. I'm scared of Karma you know? :P j/k

I see no good in denying help when i am able to give it, unless the person who asks does it in a wrong-idiotic way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:18 pm 
Valued Member

Since you left iSRO, well, I dont know. They might come for you :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:22 pm 
Loyal Member

I'll face them :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:38 pm 
Valued Member

Its just a cat :shock: . Your Death Face pretty much knocked it out :) By the way, can I do this? I have 2D armor. Could I Pk2.Edit it into 8D garmet? It needs .bsr after it on clothes too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:55 pm 
Loyal Member

er1c wrote:
Its just a cat :shock: . Your Death Face pretty much knocked it out :) By the way, can I do this? I have 2D armor. Could I Pk2.Edit it into 8D garmet? It needs .bsr after it on clothes too?

You can but it goes farther than just replace, "heavy" (Armor code) hasn't the same lenght as "clothes" (Garment code)
So if you replace: heavy_02 with clothes_08, your file will be messed up and your game won't run.

To be able to do this:

Replace "clothes_08" with "heavy_09"
Then, Replace "heavy_02" with "clothes_08"

It should work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:00 pm 
Valued Member

So you mean:

Find:
\heavy_02

Replace:
\Clothes_08

Sorry, I didint really get what you were trying to point out at your last post =\

EDIT: I think I get it now

Find:
Replace "heavy_02" with "clothes_08"

Replace:

Last edited by er1c on Sat May 12, 2007 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:04 pm 
Loyal Member

er1c wrote:
So you mean:

Find:
\heavy_02

Replace:
\Clothes_08

Sorry, I didint really get what you were trying to point out at your last post =\

First do this:

Find:
\clothes_08

Replace:
\heavy_09

Then, do this:

Find:
\heavy_02

Replace:
\clothes_08

You need to keep the file size of Media.pk2 the same. Just do this and it should work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:05 pm 
Valued Member

Thanks =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:08 pm 
Loyal Member

er1c wrote:
So you mean:

Find:
Replace "heavy_02" with "clothes_08"

Replace:

Don't do this, if you replace first heavy_02, you will have 2 sets of clothes_08, and you will mess up the file and your game won't run, do this FIRST:

Find: clothes_08

Replace: heavy_09

THEN

Find: heavy_02

Replace: clothes_08

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:07 am 

sorry if this has been already asked but..
can you edit the euro armors to china items?
if so can someone tell how or show how? please :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:21 am 
Loyal Member

sholinkidd wrote:
sorry if this has been already asked but..
can you edit the euro armors to china items?
if so can someone tell how or show how? please :D

You can, but browse for the post (i'm a bit tired to explain it in a detailed way), it's easy but you need to do it manually, the Find-Replace method doesn't work here.

Post subject: help please
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:40 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

this doesnt work for me i try and it sais string not found it never works i tried alot

Post subject: Re: help please
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:21 am 
Loyal Member

christower2 wrote:
this doesnt work for me i try and it sais string not found it never works i tried alot

Everytime the program tells you "string not found" mean that the words you wrote in the "Find" slot do not exist in the document, so you might have erased them or something. Follow the instructions closely and you should not have any problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:50 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

THIS GUIDE IS ALL CRAP, I DID EVERYTHING MENTIONED (CRAPPY ATTENTION TO DETAIL IN IT!!!) AND ALL IT DID WHEN I SAVED THE MEDIA PK WAS CORRUPT MY GAME LAUNCHER CAUSING ME TO HAVE TO RE-DOWNLOAD IT LIKE 4 TIMES!!!! MAKE A REAL GUIDE THAT DOESNT LEAVE READERS F.UCKIN GUESSING!!!!!

"Only after disaster can we be ressurected..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:00 am 
Loyal Member

ChronicTokes wrote:
THIS GUIDE IS ALL CRAP, I DID EVERYTHING MENTIONED (CRAPPY ATTENTION TO DETAIL IN IT!!!) AND ALL IT DID WHEN I SAVED THE MEDIA PK WAS CORRUPT MY GAME LAUNCHER CAUSING ME TO HAVE TO RE-DOWNLOAD IT LIKE 4 TIMES!!!! MAKE A REAL GUIDE THAT DOESNT LEAVE READERS F.UCKIN GUESSING!!!!!

If you edited your pk2 file with HexEdit121 more than once, the file becomes useless and SRO won't run. I think that's what is happening to you. And please, i know you are mad but try to not use cap letters, we are here trying to help people there's no need to insult them/us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:10 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

so how would I go about fixing this issue then?

"Only after disaster can we be ressurected..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:05 pm 
Valued Member

Boy, people. You need to read closely to the guide. Especially where it says to have the game CLOSED. Why would you keep the game open when you're modifying the content???????

If you corrupt your pk2, you should have saved a BACKUP. Always BACKUP everything you do with pk2. If you didn't you need to completely re-install the game again and reboot your computer.

I'll try to answer some questions now, I haven't been around much lately but I am right now. So anyone have any questions?

SlackerOf2006 wrote:
I saw someone do this... :shock:

BTW, Nice pk2 edit :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:43 pm 
Loyal Member

ChronicTokes wrote:
so how would I go about fixing this issue then?

Reinstall SRO one last time, do not run the game (as lynxz suggested). If you want to edit your armor/weapons use XVI32 that program doesn't have any restrictions. However, there are edits like the wolf, which are more complex and are better made with HexEdit121.

Now the downside of this is that if you edit your file once and save, then do another edit and save, the file will corrupt, hence the game won't run.

So, in order to prevent this, be sure you will only edit it once, do the changes, save and run the game. If you want to edit again, take your backup with no changes and edit again. It's annoying sometimes but it's the only thing i can think about to help you right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:54 am 
Common Member

i can't find the pk2 files!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:14 am 
Loyal Member

Blindarcher6 wrote:
i can't find the pk2 files!!!

Umm "C:\Program Files\Silkroad"

Or... do you mean you know where to find them but they are not there?...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:46 am 
Forum Legend

christower2 wrote:
click unicode also :D Also i haven't tested this , but heard it works, what would happen if u deleted data.pk2 from isro and replaced it with ksro data.pk2? i heard that only media.pk2 had to stay the same size that it was , true?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:01 am 
Loyal Member

Blackdragon6 wrote:
christower2 wrote:
click unicode also :D Also i haven't tested this , but heard it works, what would happen if u deleted data.pk2 from isro and replaced it with ksro data.pk2? i heard that only media.pk2 had to stay the same size that it was , true?

Unicode and ANSI are two sifferent kinds of information in the file... depending the edit... for example, in the Seal Glows editing you need a lot of ANSI searching, while weapons/armor switching is Unicode. So it's not a bug, it's just searching for the wrong thing if that was the case...

Aboutpk2 files... yes, you can overwrite all except Media... that way i switched every char in iSRO to Euro once. It was weird... Euro chars are not designed to hold Chinese weapons... they hold bow as crossbow hehe

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:07 am 
Forum Legend

HyorunmarouZ wrote:
Blackdragon6 wrote:
christower2 wrote:

Unicode and ANSI are two sifferent kinds of information in the file... depending the edit... for example, in the Seal Glows editing you need a lot of ANSI searching, while weapons/armor switching is Unicode. So it's not a bug, it's just searching for the wrong thing if that was the case...

Aboutpk2 files... yes, you can overwrite all except Media... that way i switched every char in iSRO to Euro once. It was weird... Euro chars are not designed to hold Chinese weapons... they hold bow as crossbow hehe
would mobs change if i replaced isro to ksro data

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:08 am 
Common Member

Ok so how do i change it back to normal gear now?

Level: 28
Guild: Avalon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:05 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

it never works for me :( :?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:04 pm 
Loyal Member

Blackdragon6 wrote:
HyorunmarouZ wrote:
Blackdragon6 wrote:
christower2 wrote:

would mobs change if i replaced isro to ksro data

Only if you chnage Media to show them. Replacing the line of an existing mob with an Euro one or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:10 am 

its soo fcking kool, it makes u feal unique ... but its not 100% perfect. when u change the weapon and cloth, every one in the server who have the same weapon and cloth u put will be changed ( confusing ) ... isnt there somthin to be done, like to make the only thing that be edit is ur account only ????????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next