Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Majour Guide on PK Editing
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:15 pm 
Valued Member

Heres it is, kids. Your nice lovely list of tuts for editing pk2 :)
I still have to add a lot of pictures to help you guys, but this is the basic info. Most of this information comes straight from other people's tutorials but I have added a bit to clarify meaning :)

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR MEDIA.PK2, Place it on your desktop or something and do NOT rename it. I have a file on my desktop with all my media.pk2's in em filed by the mod :)

Also, don't forget to exit the hex program when you start the game, or it will corrupt the file!!!

Contents:

-->1.Modifying Weapons
-->2.Modifying Clothes
-->3.Modifying Your wolf
-->4.Modifying Your glow/Seal
-->5.Further mods??

>>1.Modding Weapons<<
The easiest step in all this. Taken from http://www.silkroadforums.com, credits to pantrofl.
Quote:
ok first off allllllllllll..
Make a backup file of ur Media.pk2 in ur silkroad directory
you need to download this :
http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/del ... /xvi32.zip

ok now open up the file xvi32.exe
once u opend go to
File > Open > [Your silkroad directory] > Media.pk2
after u opend media.pk2 you go to
Search > Replace > click on the box infront of 'Find' > Text string, and click as Unicode aswell, also on the right boddom of the Replace window click instead of Cursor on Begin like this :

ok now fill in the codes to get ur degree into the degree u want it to

weapon codes:

item\china\weapon\sword_XX.ddj
item\china\weapon\bow_XX.ddj
item\china\weapon\spear_XX.ddj
item\china\weapon\blade_XX.ddj
item\china\weapon\tblade_XX.ddj (glavie)
item\china\shield\shield_XX.ddj

ok.. XX signifies each degree you are wanting to change.. for instance 08 is degree 8 and 01 is degree 1 and so on.. anyways, now u fill in the top 'Find' thing you just clicked on as in the image one of the weapon codes i just gave, this will be the degree u want to change to an other degree

and in the second 'Replace with' thing you just clicked on as in the image one you pute in the same weapon code as in the top one for the desired degree u wont

example:
Find:
item\china\weapon\sword_07.ddj (7th degree sword)
Replace with:
item\china\weapon\sword_09.ddj (9th degree sword)

Next you must replace the bsr also.. bsr is what you see on your char or in the world. ddj is what you see in inventory.

example:
Find:
item\china\weapon\sword_07.bsr (7th degree sword)
Replace with:
item\china\weapon\sword_09.bsr (9th degree sword)

>>2.Modifying Clothes<<
This is realllllly easy. Easier then modding weapons actually.. Props to pantrofl. Anyway:
Quote:
For clothes these are the codes:
'
\clothes_XX (garment)
\light_XX (protector)
\heavy_XX (armor)

do the same as what we just did with the weapons, but now u fill this in
*Remember* there is no .ddj / .bsr needed with clothes

Example :
Find:
\clothes_07 (garment 7th degree)
Replace with:
\clothes_09 (garment 9th degree)

>>3.Modifying Wolf<<
This is quite a bit more complexed and many of you may have lots of questions on this portion. Hit me, avalanche or cruor up on AIM for help (me:"TheAssassin",Cruor:"cruor313",Avalanche:"coloradofan1090").. All credits in this go to Cruor, the hex god :)) Screenshots will be added soon.
Quote:
All this is done through editing characterdata.txt in media\server_dep\silkroad\textdata.

I typically extract the latest one and make a backup.

Next I open it up in a text editor. Then I look for the .bsr file that I want to use. For the fox girl it's "char\china\chinawoman_fox.bsr". Next I scroll down to where it says "COS_P_WOLF_044" because my wolf is level 44. I scroll to the right and paste the fox girl's .bsr file over "cos\p_wolf_02.bsr". Then I scroll all the way to the bottom of the file until I see "COS_GUILD_EU_SOLDIER9_140" and other variants of it. Those are high level Euro mercs. I look to the right of them for a reference to "cos\guild_eu_soldier9_scroll.ddj" which is their icon and replace it with "cos\cos_c_horse1.ddj" to make some extra space. How many I replace depends on how much space I want. Finally I save that file.

Now I find the file size of the original file. Then I open up my modified file in a hex editor and scroll to the bottom. Finally, I add in null bytes until it has the same file size as the original file.

The final step is opening up Media.pk2 in my hex editor, searching for "FF FE 31 00 09 00 31 00 39 00 30 00 37 00 09 00 43 00 48 00 41 52" in hexadecimal mode, which should bring me to the start of characterdata.txt. I then put my cursor in front of the "FF FE" from that search and paste over the file from my modified file.

>>4.Modifying Glow/Seal<<
Another very difficult hex. This is more difficult then changing your wolf. Once you have the wolf down, you'll be able to do this fairly easy. Credits to cruor:
Quote:
Changing plus glows:
The plus glows are defined in a file called "itemtypenumber.txt"
It is in the resinfo directory of Media.pk2

1. Open up Media.pk2 in your hex editor and do a search in hexadecimal mode for "31 20 09 33".

2. There are sixteen lines of information in this file. The information is for +3 through +9, four times. Start out by opening resinfo\itemoption.txt and having a look at it. It uses the same syntax for item names as itemdata.txt. Look for your item in the first column. The number following it immediately is the number you want. Once you find it, move back over to your hex editor.

3. Search for "3X 20 09 3Y" in hexadecimal mode where X is the number you found earlier and Y is the plus number of the glow you have (3, 5, 7, or 9).
Example:
For ITEM_CH_SWORD_01_A (+4) you would search for "33 20 09 33"

4. Now that you have the right line, look for "option_textureXX.ddj". This is the texture overlayed over the weapon. Valid options for the number (XX) are 13, 14, and 20 with higher ones being brighter.

5. Look a bit futher and you should see two sets of comma separated three floating point numbers. These are the actual colors. The first set is one color, the second set is the second color. They are in RGB format and can go from 0.000 to 1.000. For example, a full on red glow would be "1.000,0.000,0.000" and if you wanted it to change to green you would set the second set to "0.000,1.000,0.000".

6. I haven't tested but I'm pretty sure you could get +1 and +2 to glow by editing the glow number that you searched for (Y).

Adding Seal Glows:
Seal glows are defined in "itemrare.txt" which is also in the resinfo folder of Media.pk2

1. Open up Media.pk2 in your hex editor and do a search for "raretype" in ANSI mode.

2. Next do a second search for your item in the usual format, in ANSI mode.

3. Now here is where you have to decide what seal you want it to be. If you want it to be SoSun you need to look for the "third tier" entry of your weapon. So if you originally searched for "ITEM_CH_SWORD_07_B_RARE" you need to scroll down till you see "ITEM_CH_SWORD_07_C_RARE". At this point, check your file size.

4. With that in view, go into insert mode and remove the rare so it looks like "ITEM_CH_SWORD_07_C".

5. Next go into over mode change the C to a B since you have a second tier sword.

6. Now with your cursor still where you changed the C to a B, do a hexadecimal search for "0D". Look in the left column to where it found it's result. You should see an "0A" immediately after it. Now in between those two, you need to insert ten zeroes (00 00 00 00 00) Make sure that your file size is the same as it was before.

7. Now find your weapon's entry in itemdata.txt with a Unicode search.

8. Once you find the correct entry, do another Unicode search for "18000".

9. You will see that following the 18000 there are two zeroes. Change the second one to a two.

10. Save and test.

11. If you already have a seal item and want to change its glow you simply need to swap it's tier letter with the desired one. (make sure you swap them so that both still have an entry)

---

There's some rough guides on it. If I have time I might make a nice picture tutorial on it later.

>>5.Further Mods<<
There are lots of possibilities here. As cruor managed to snag the GM armor set earlier today and the stats on them are CRAZY.

http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=30839

You can mod your squirrel/monkey also. I'm trying to figure out if our version has the pig or not. I'd like to see if we can have a pig :) Umm, i know also weapon appearances can be modded too.. cruor and i were talking about having a "black" sword.. just an idea.. Some people also asked if you can turn your glaive into a sword, or etc etc.. Yes, you can mod your glaive into a sword and do glaive skills with a sword, or vica versa.. Any other questions? I will be posting pictures to help you guys out :))

>>People who made this tut possible<<
-->Cruor (the hex GOD)
-->Plus44
-->Demarthal
-->Avalanche1 (hex GOD jr :P)
-->Silkroadforums.com (this data was all spaced out and posted there)
-->0x33 (yes this was originally their find)

>>Program Links<<

HexEdit121, best for hexing glows, wolf etc
XVI32-easiest for modding clothes and weps IMO
pk2 extractor(for viewing txt files in a pk2)

>>Links<<

Easy Wep and Armor
Plus glows
Pet Modding
Gm armor

Anyone else I forgot, pm me or something to be added :)

Last edited by lynxz on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:36 pm 
Forum Legend

Stickeh, great job compiling it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:52 pm 

hurray, my name is mentioned on the forums :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:24 am 
Frequent Member

OHOI!! nice.. :D

this deserve a sticky!!

http://shadowsdie.deviantart.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:51 pm 
Ex-Staff

nice but I'm getting an error when I try to start pk2extractor. Its giving this error: Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. I just downloaded it from that link, redownload maybe or do I need to install it first or w/ ever =)

help appreciated

oh, and I'm stuck with step 7 from adding seal glows, I need to get the items line from itemdata.txt, I thought I had to look it up with that pk2extractor or I gotta do it another way? =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:55 pm 
Common Member

XMoshe wrote:
nice but I'm getting an error when I try to start pk2extractor. Its giving this error: Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. I just downloaded it from that link, redownload maybe or do I need to install it first or w/ ever =)

help appreciated

oh, and I'm stuck with step 7 from adding seal glows, I need to get the items line from itemdata.txt, I thought I had to look it up with that pk2extractor or I gotta do it another way? =)

Man, try this :
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/su ... MDLG32.OCX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:35 pm 

I tried to replace my glavie but it doesnt seem to work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:23 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

wat is the hex program i have to exit be4 i start the game and wat are the precautions and stuff i i am goona try this! :P

btw does this mess up my acc and the SRO cilent or is it full prove?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:50 pm 

sry double post : found out for glaive.

Now im stuck in glows...when i search it does not find it...could you make an example with glavie? :P >.<

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:09 pm 
Frequent Member

Nice guide xD might try glow later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:49 pm 
Valued Member

Ambusher wrote:
wat is the hex program i have to exit be4 i start the game and wat are the precautions and stuff i i am goona try this! :P

btw does this mess up my acc and the SRO cilent or is it full prove?

You edit the pk2 with the hex editor.. when you're done.. you click save then exit the editor or it corrupts the pk2 files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:27 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

can u add some pictures because i dont understand how to add seal glows :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:04 am 
Valued Member

mirkof wrote:
can u add some pictures because i dont understand how to add seal glows :/

VooDoo did a nice tut.. see here

http://www.silkroadtavern.com/forums/in ... 359&st=120

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:01 pm 
Retired Admin

Nice collection here dude, try to add some videos or pictures of results in PK2 edits.

/Stickied

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:20 pm 
Casual Member

nice guide. gratz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:25 pm 
Ex-Staff

Charlotte wrote:

well I downloaded it. then unzip and when I try to past the stuff in C:\Windows\System32 it says that the program is used by something and cannot be pasted or something like that ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:16 am 

I followed the Seal Glow and got it to work for the blade and shield... I just can't find the 180000 for the 8th deg glaive.. its always 180000 followed by 3 and 0... What am I doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:25 am 

You spelled Major wrong.

"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:47 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Quote:

where it is??? i can find itemdata.txt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:22 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Someone please post images how chage a wolf skin

its looks like nice

sorry 4 my bad english :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:03 pm 
Ex-Staff

V4smus wrote:
Quote:

where it is??? i can find itemdata.txt

it is: ITEM_CH_(weapon type)_(degree)_(A,B,C for 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier).

dont forget to check as unicode Latin.

also check this link: http://www.silkroadtavern.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29359&st=120
Lynxz posted it a few reply's up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:54 pm 
Advanced Member

i can already do the changing weapons and clothes things, i wanna try changing my wolf and whatnot but i cant download the pk2 extractor right now :( (no its nothing to do with the website or anything, its my connection)
nice guides anyway, ill have to remember this topic for when i do manage to download the extractor

Post subject: O.O
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:46 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

:shock: WTH... :shock:
i tried to modify my wolf but its not workin...
the PK2 Extractor is not workin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:00 pm 

Nice guide. There's always the Babe Summon Scroll. I haven't figured that one out yet.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:58 am 
Common Member

nice stuff man ...u r great ...... made it with cloths and weapons ..look dam good.... :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:12 am 

dammit i forgot to back up my media.pk2 file, how do i change eveything back to normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:17 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Whoo thanks for the guide :D i was getting bored of my 5th degree stuff...anyway, whenever i try to mod the wolf, i follow all the steps and paste the characterdata.txt hex code over the one in media.pk2 and save it, but when i open the game the wolf is unchanged. I got it working once (but 1/2 stuck in the ground tiger girl isn't much of an improvement over the regular wolf) but now whenever i try it, nothing happens.

Here are some screens so maybe you can tell me if im doing something wrong:

Didnt work

:banghead:

So any help would be appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:13 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hmm i got it to work after reinstall ...so iono what the problem was before :D

Anyway:
I feel short...

And just for fun...

So apparently doing it the way i did does work...my file was just messed up to begin with or something O_o

Post subject: RE: GM Armor
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:10 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Cruor can u say me plz how ic can get the gm armor ??

thsi would be very great :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:58 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi. The program worked at the begining but now when i try to change something wont work :banghead:
EDIT: And i found why. U cant modify an item that has been already modified.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next