Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stalls and successfully selling items
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:28 pm 
Advanced Member

Thought to do this just as a reference in case anyone asks.

here I'll show you how to make a stall (if you don't know yet) and how to sell items quickly, aswell as attracting the crowd.

first you need to have items! looted or old things you've worn (make sure you repair them!)

to open a stall, simply Press the A key, outside of the chat window (a for action :] )

look for the treasure box icon in the selection, you may want to browse the other possibilities too. it should say 'Stall' when hovered overlike so.

right click the little button, a small box will pop up, much like party invite windows.

here it will say "[Demarthl's] stall" or whatever your name is. you can use this, if you're lazy. but the best way to sell items is attract them by displaying what you are selling, or having a fancy namelike this.

however you will get less customers with "Dem's Olde Shoppe"
the best way, advertising your goods, would be "Elixirs | SoS | Blues and +++!" but be careful, as you have a character limit to fit in.

once you have decided on your stalls name, click the 'Confirm' button.

your character will then appear standing behind a silly little box with a sign post next to it, and he/she will wave frantically at thing air. god i love watching stall people dance in unison ^^

another good way to attract attention, is stand out, although Berserk doesnt last long, being all big and glowing red certainly makes people look at you, you can also set up a harmony circle, crystal wall shield, any Kii's, and if you know how, you can even sit on a trade horse or camel! unfortunately you cant move in this state. Trade/hunter flags and theif suits help, aswell as having a big creature standing by you, here i have the red flags equipped, showing that im a rich git, and a camel, such an eyesor, i want an ox :D

here

you wont see this straight away, as your inventory window, and the stall window will open when you click confirm. the stall can hold up to 10 items at a time.

to add something you want to sell to your stall, click on the item in your inventory window, it will stick the your pointer as always

here

Hover it over whichever slot you want it to fill, you can randomly place any item in any one of the slots. fun!

simply click on the desired slot, the items icon will plop into place, and another little window will open, this is what you want to sell the item for.
if you are unsure of how much to sell the item for, hover your mouse over the item in your inventory window, it will show a price that an NPC shop will buy it from you for like this

but also consider how much the item is bought from and NPC for, in this case, my special Identity hunter card, the NPC will buy it for 440000, but you buy it for 1000000, a good average price to sell this, if you don't want it, would be around 800000 (80% of its original price).

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Demarthl/guide/SRO2006-02-0217-40-23_43.jpg]Input the amount desired in the little box, then click 'Register'
[/url]

Rinse and repeat for any other items you wish to sell.

take heed that some items fluctuate in money depending on availability, for instance, weapon elixirs have been sold for 60k back in alpha, and currently go for about 350k weapons with high criticals, + and blue statistics and bonuses on them sell for huge amounts; another example; a Double Halbert +3 with a critical of 11, +3 and +5 give new shine effects as does SoS/M so this also adds to value, mentioned weapon can be sold for about 2.5 million gold, yummy.

when you have either filled your stall, or have no other items you wish to sell click the 'Open Stall' button on the stall window

you can see people coming in and out in the small box on the bottom right area where your name is, the larger box on the left is the standard chat box, if someone wishes to barter or haggle for an item.

there is also a small thin box above this, just under the item slots, you can input a description here, the same method as inputting the stalls name, it also allows more characters/words. here

your stall is open for trading, and anyone with the correct amount of money can buy any item.
enjoy your sales!

PS: I broke Photobucket while making this o.O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:06 pm 
Site Owner

I like to catagorize the stall.

Not much luck selling a wide range of items. Each time I stall, I try to pick a catagory.

Armors
Weapons
Elixirs and Jewely
SOS items

For example, I might stash up 6-8 armor items, then have an armor night. Name the stall something like

ARMORS 22----26
WEAPONS 24---29
SOS FEMS 22-26

And things tend to move pretty quickly. This is because your making it very easy for needy people to find what they need.

When you stall a bunch of random stuff, it makes it a lot harder to find what people need.

On another note, I gave up selling 'white' items unless they are + or high crit. Too many item drops lately to stall them all. I just sell them to NPC.

PS: Darth, I can host FTP images for guides, we have mass space and no bandwidth limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:29 pm 

When naming your stall dont advertise youre selling a SOS item unless you are. That will cause poeple to look, see no pretty animation and leave. Generally a good idea is to set a level range of the items youre selling. It helps people who dont want to shop all day finding something.

Im lvl 16 and if i dont see a "<SOMETHING> 15-20" or something similar i dont look. Another good one is "Don't look here" and "You cant afford this"
Its a mind trick, people think they are teaching you a lesson if they do buy your stuff. Amazing to me but power to the people who wont live by the rules!