Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Was This Guide Helpful?
Yes. 87%  87%  [ 244 ]
No. 13%  13%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 280
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:25 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

im new ive been playin 4 2months nw i read fena guide Cuchulainn and Alfred they all help me ppl always talkin crap that bladers suck im a blader light\fire\force at lv 31 before i read these guides i didnt really know wdf i was doin so i started over read some stuff pick my build nw im happy wat i got great guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:33 am 
Casual Member

Really nice guide. Thumbs up.

10/10 :D

Post subject: Re: hmm
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:07 pm 
Frequent Member

sexifurby wrote:
Do you mind posting which hot-keys you use on the bars (F1 to whatever u use)

Kinda a weird question but I can't figure out what skills to put where on my hotkey bar ><

im a blader and here's what my hot-key looks like:

http://shadowsdie.deviantart.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:09 pm 
Valued Member

FenaCorp wrote:
However, I must disagree - the Cornu Blade > Blaze Blade. If you disagree, GTFO! :D

Noooooooo, Blaze Blade is the sexiest wep in the game, Cornu is far from sexy :banghead:

Expected better from you Fena!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:38 pm 
Advanced Member

blue blaze blade FTW!! i cant wait for 9th degree blade, am trying to resist not pk2 editing my 8th into the 9th :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:26 pm 
Casual Member

I have only one qestion..What gap should i keep that i could allways learn all my mastery skills?BTW realy awsome guide :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:51 pm 
Ex-Staff

LOL. Sorry for the late reply. I thought my Guide was dead. Was just browsing through the C&S Section, and saw that people had brought it back to life again. :P

mirror wrote:
I have only one qestion..What gap should i keep that i could allways learn all my mastery skills?BTW realy awsome guide :D

You COULD gap, but since Bladers require so much SP... well, a quote from Cin here describing the advantages, and disadvantages of gapping, when asked about whether a guy should go for a 6-gap or not:

cin wrote:
good aspect:
- no farming on the same lvl for ages

bad aspect:
- you will be weaker than those your lvl that did farm

and besides, a constant 6gap will get boring too.

You have three options. Well, four actually.

1. Not farm at all, and be severely gimped against those your Level.
2. Farm for ages at one place, and then Level up, and have all your skills up to date, and be the best you possibly could be for your Level.
3. Keep a gap, level slower than option 1, and be less powerful than option 2, because your Masteries won't be up to date as well. However, you'll still have your Masteries higher than Option 1.
4. Farm a little here and there. Different mobs at different Levels, so you don't get bored.

I SUGGEST option 2, if you can stand it. If not, then option 4 is for you. Go back to my section about SP Farming for more information about that:

FenaCorp wrote:
I would strongly suggest farming all your SP ASAP – this means, at the Bandit Stronghold at Level 16. The reason for this, being, that at Level 16, the damage difference between a Pure STR, and a Pure INTs, is not as significant as the damage difference between the two at Level 80 – thousands. You’ll farm at relatively the same speed, although the damage you’ll be dealing will still be a little lower. Also, you’ll be able to farm with a Bow, instead of having to farm with a Blade, and the ranged attacks will speed up your farming even more.
Also, it has been proven, time and time again, that Level 16 at the Bandit Stronghold is the fastest spot to farm. Period. No exceptions.

You’ll want to read a guide to SP Farming at the Stronghold, as it’s a must to be even a halfway decent Blader. The-Battalion has made an incredible Guide, so be sure to take a look at his.

SP Farming Guide

However, not many people can stand farming 250K+ at the Stronghold, or Den, at 16. If you’re like me, and there’s absolutely no way in hell that you could farm that much at once, so you should split it up. It's generally agreed that the next good farming spot would be at Level 52, at Penons.
Penons have a great spawn, and by then, and while you won't (thanks, Dead3y3) have both your Heaven and Ascension Chains, which come at Level 51, if you have a 9-gap, but you will have the new change of SoX that comes at Level 52 - which, if you get a good one, can speed up your farming speed amazingly.
And besides, that Cornu Blade is damnn sexy. Do I have to say it again? :P

If you have the money, get a monkey, a Premium Ticket (PT), and a Gold Skill Ticket (gST), for sure. Note, however, that a gST, combined with a PT does not give you 400% SXP. It only gives you 300%.

For example:
You normally receive 400 SXP from a mob.
With a gPT, you’ll receive 800 SXP from the same mob.
With a gPT, and a gST, you’ll only receive 1200 SXP, not 1600 SXP.

The next farming spot would be either at the Caves, or the Level 80 Cap, when you can only get SXP, and not EXP anymore.
Note that Niya Snipers have the highest rate of SoSun drops, just in case you want a little bit of that action. :)

Keep in mind, though, that ideally, you could farm at any level. However, I’d farm starting at only the levels where you get your next tier of weapons, so you could get a kickass SoX, which will speed up your farming.

The last option to get all your SP needed, without farming, is just to gap. Keep a good gap, however much you think you need, and you should be fine, in regards to your skills. Getting a gST will definitely help with that.

I wouldn't suggest gapping. The grind time is significantly slowed down, and you'll still be weaker than those that are your level. If you want to REALLY want to gap though, it'll depend on how many Mastery Trees that you're planning on taking.

Use this site to plan on how much SP you'll need to reach whatever level you want to reach:
http://bobtheveg.dyndns.org/SRO/Char_Build_Applet/
Or this one:
http://sro.mmosite.com/x/

Then use this site to figure out how much of a Gap you'll need to get those Mastery Trees. :)
http://www.janrique.com/silkroad/SP.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:23 pm 
Casual Member

I have a small problem with the guide, and that is the blade force series. You said that you should use this skill to open PvP. Personally I think it is a waste of time, bladders are close range melee builds, nukers are long distance fighters. Range is a bladder's bane and it doesn't help if you waste time using a weak skill such as blade force in PvP even if you get a critical. Opening with a chain is much better, however if you are fighting someone on horseback and want to take out the horse blade force and sword dance aren't a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:39 pm 
Casual Member

OK, GREAT GUILD!!! But when im lvling should i be keeping my bicheon a few lvls ahead of my light, ice and fire, or should they all be the same lvl because they'll all be 80 eventually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:23 pm 
Ex-Staff

silverstorm1 wrote:
OK, GREAT GUILD!!! But when im lvling should i be keeping my bicheon a few lvls ahead of my light, ice and fire, or should they all be the same lvl because they'll all be 80 eventually

It depends. If you have enough SP, then definitely keep all your Masteries as high as you can't. If you don't, then it should be, in order of importance, Bicheon > Fire > Lightning > Anything else.
As I said before, I'd recommend SP farming. If not, you can't even keep two trees maxed, with all the important skills maxed, let alone three or four. However, the new ST's might help with that, especially if you only grind for the three hours a day that it gives you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:51 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

nice guide. i read everything but its so long lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:37 am 
Ex-Staff

Exados wrote:
nice guide. i read everything but its so long lol :D

Thank you. I tried to make it as complete as possible, but still keep it on a more intermediate level.
If there's anything I should add, please let me know. And when the skills get updated, and Euro comes out, and I have a clear understanding on how Bladers fair against other Chinese, and the Europeans, I'll be sure to update this Guide.

Just thought that I'd throw in my Status, as I don't seem to have done it anywhere in this Guide - I'm a L66 Blader, currently, and SP farmng. On average, with a gST and a ST, I get around 400 SP an hour, which isn't too bad, considering that my skills are lagging considerably behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:57 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Ok I have a question.Most of the players I see are using only light and fire now.Skills
have been applied only till lvl 80 so is it worth to lvl your masteries to 90,knowing you wont get any skills but just that 10 % dmg ?Isnt it wiser to lvl your ice instead ?

- **** the pills, man!!!... Have you seen the dragon in the kitchen?!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:14 pm 
Addicted Member

o_O
dude thisis so far the best guide ive seen
it explains EVERYTHING a blader needs to know
You should rly make a Europe wizard one for me XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:00 pm 

wow man, this is by far the best guide i have read
luckily for me, im a blader
I knew most of the things in the guide, but never knew bout the phy reinforcement. but now i see its super important

right now im lvl 43 with a 1 gap
Got myself a really nice deal on a SOS blade
Check this out:
SOS lvl 42 blade (no plus when i bought it)
phy att: 30%
Crit: 11 (66%)

and only 1 blue:
int 3 (66%)

guess how much... 11 mill
haha for a crit 11 wat a deal!
planning on pimping out this thing and selling for 30 mill +
but back to the guide, 10/10, amazing job

EDIT: typo's :roll:

[Guild] - Last Call lvl5
[Build] - Pure str blade / fire / light

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:47 am 
Valued Member

Great and complete guide! Nothing better than it! Gratz! :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:01 am 
Casual Member

Any ideas which monster should i kill ?? Currently Lv55 blader.. I hope someone will guide me which monster to kill from lv55-lv64

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:26 pm 
Banned User

siew wrote:
Any ideas which monster should i kill ?? Currently Lv55 blader.. I hope someone will guide me which monster to kill from lv55-lv64

At lvl55 i was killing Yetis, killing them untill lvl59. Now when i'm 59, i grind on Edimmu's and Shakram's...they are pretty easy to kill.

Ofcourse, at lvl 55 you can grind at blue-white and ect. spiders...bet they are too annoying with their freezing shet...unless youre immune to cold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:54 am 
Casual Member

deep.in wrote:
siew wrote:

At lvl55 i was killing Yetis, killing them untill lvl59. Now when i'm 59, i grind on Edimmu's and Shakram's...they are pretty easy to kill.

Ofcourse, at lvl 55 you can grind at blue-white and ect. spiders...bet they are too annoying with their freezing shet...unless youre immune to cold.

I m lv60 now, with 60+3 blade and shield. Planning to grind at edimmu and shakram till lv64 with 0 gap. Furthermore, I m planning to farm 9 gap at lv64 too, so which monster did you think suitable for farming SP? Or lv64 is not suitable to farm SP??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:38 am 
Ex-Staff

Guys, I don't play SRO anymore, so I'd love it if someone could update this Guide with the new information that's came out since the Euro cap, since everything in this Guide is BEFORE it.

Would anybody be up to the task?
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:17 am 
Ex-Staff

Well I was planning to write a guide after i got my blader farmed so I can get some real experience of cap pvp, but I can help out. Just pm me with what exactly you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:17 am 
Ex-Staff

What I'm really looking for is just someone to update everything. It might take a long while, but all my information you could build on.
Pictures would have to be replaced. The sections about PvP would have to be updated. The Skill section would have to be updated as well. And finally, and most importantly, a large section would have to be added about Euro: partying? PvPing? Anything and everything.

And also, if anything else is important that my Guide is lacking, I'd like for someone to fix it / change it / update it, or simply add onto it, because I have no idea what's happened to SRO sine the Euro patch.
Not a small task.

Oh, and of course then, this Guide would be co-made by Manowar (or whoever is willing to take on such a task), and fena. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:27 am 

lol some people really have no idea what they are doing if you need to explain all that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:49 pm 
Ex-Staff

- Manowar is now editing this Guide! Please bear with us while it is updated. :] -

Thank you, Manowar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:28 am 
Banned User

i <3 this blade guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:22 am 
Frequent Member

hey first off great guide, this is the kind of guide I have been looking for. I only hav one question would there be any way to do a bicheon/fire/light/cold/force build only using the vital spot force moves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:35 am 

im going to farm later, too lazy lol

plus, I dont have the will or determination to go to the cap, let alone lvl 60

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:14 am 
Ex-Staff

noobert mclagg wrote:
hey first off great guide, this is the kind of guide I have been looking for. I only hav one question would there be any way to do a bicheon/fire/light/cold/force build only using the vital spot force moves?

No you wouldn't. Not only would the mastery limit gimp you at higher levels due to having a 5 tree build but in order to get at least the first 3 vital spots you need force at level 60 (first book you get at lvl 30, 2nd book at lvl 50, 3rd at lvl 60, 4th at lvl 70 and 5th at lvl 80). Another thing to remember is the only vital spots that will have some significant use to you are decay and the parry reducing one. Weakening only lowers magic defense, Impotent is in your lightning chain, and your opponents attack rating shouldn't be too much of a problem and IMO you should get the vital spots if you plan to use force for it's other skills in the first place.

As for mastery, I would recommend one of the mastery combinations I put in the guide since a 5 mastery build won't work out at higher levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:21 pm 
Ex-Staff

Manowar wrote:
noobert mclagg wrote:

No you wouldn't. Not only would the mastery limit gimp you at higher levels due to having a 5 tree build but in order to get at least the first 3 vital spots you need force at level 60 (first book you get at lvl 30, 2nd book at lvl 50, 3rd at lvl 60, 4th at lvl 70 and 5th at lvl 80). Another thing to remember is the only vital spots that will have some significant use to you are decay and the parry reducing one. Weakening only lowers magic defense, Impotent is in your lightning chain, and your opponents attack rating shouldn't be too much of a problem and IMO you should get the vital spots if you plan to use force for it's other skills in the first place.

As for mastery, I would recommend one of the mastery combinations I put in the guide since a 5 mastery build won't work out at higher levels.

:O
It's like every word coming out of his mouth is gold.

Anywho...
I'ma make a Rogue or a Warrior with my friend. Bai, guys. :]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:31 am 
Common Member

well organized good guide man ...great work :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next