Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Was This Guide Helpful?
Yes. 87%  87%  [ 244 ]
No. 13%  13%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 280
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:45 am 
Retired Admin

This definitely needs acknowledgment. Very well put together, extremely detailed and a great help to those bladders out there.

As said before, it belongs in the Characters and Skill section. Thus I shall move it there now. I congratulate you on that guide, you must have spent a lot of time on it.

Key-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:17 pm 
Ex-Staff

Key-J wrote:
This definitely needs acknowledgment. Very well put together, extremely detailed and a great help to those bladders out there.

As said before, it belongs in the Characters and Skill section. Thus I shall move it there now. I congratulate you on that guide, you must have spent a lot of time on it.

Key-J

:shock:
Gosh, Key-J. I hope that wasn't a jab at Bladers. If it was, I'll definently need to come over to Babel and show you who's boss. :P
But thanks for the Sticky, I appreciate it. :)

@ Cin - thanks for your continued support throughout. Can't tell you how much it means to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:57 am 

I disagree on some of the things you said but, eh, what do i know, just a 75 blader.....

A correction, havent read the other replies so dont flame...
You can put during stun actually..

"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:59 am 
Ex-Staff

MastaChiefX wrote:
I disagree on some of the things you said but, eh, what do i know, just a 75 blader.....

You can put during stun actually..

Masta - What do you disagree upon?
And yes, as a Level 75 Blader, I'd say that you know alot. So, please, share your insight with me, I'd really appreciate it. :)

Thanks for your time, man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 am 
Retired Admin

FenaCorp wrote:
Key-J wrote:

Key-J

Gosh, Key-J. I hope that wasn't a jab at Bladers. If it was, I'll definently need to come over to Babel and show you who's boss. :P

@ Cin - thanks for your continued support throughout. Can't tell you how much it means to me.

Hahaha, nah bro. I'm a Hybrid S/S Ice user myself, that was just. Unfortunate miss spelling. Lol

However, i still think it deserves a sticky sticky, but this is Sin's section. No stepping on other Mod's toes. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:19 am 

nice guide...i got a question during pvp

which is the better to do:

kd then jump stab then double stab
or
kid then double stab and jump stab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:01 am 
Loyal Member

FenaCorp wrote:
MastaChiefX wrote:

You can pot during stun actually..

Masta - What do you disagree upon?
And yes, as a Level 75 Blader, I'd say that you know alot. So, please, share your insight with me, I'd really appreciate it. :)

Thanks for your time, man.

Im pretty sure thats what he meant. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:13 am 
someone needs to update Sin's char/skills guide sticky, lots of new guides have gone up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:40 am 
Ex-Staff

Sorry for the late reply, everyone. Been busy the entire day.

Key-J wrote:
FenaCorp wrote:
Key-J wrote:

Key-J

Hahaha, nah bro. I'm a Hybrid S/S Ice user myself, that was just. Unfortunate miss spelling. Lol

However, i still think it deserves a sticky sticky, but this is Sin's section. No stepping on other Mod's toes. :)

Haha, yeah, I know, man, I was just beind stupid.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that it deserves a Sticky-sticky in the C&S Section - no other Guide of any sort has a Sticky-sticky, except in the Sticky-thread like mine is. :P Besides, I didn't write it for a Sticky. Wrote it as much as for my own benefit as anybody else's - I learnt alot in the process of writing it, but I just decided to compile everything I learnt and share it with everyone else, only because I'm such a nice guy. :P
Where is Sin, BTW? I haven't seen him around that much - at all, actually.

@ Xia_Hou_Dun, personally, I don't think it really matters, but I would definently go for the double-stab, or Dragon Sore Blade first, just because sometimes, if you don't time your stabs right, you might not be able to get in the single-stab, and the double-stab is definently more powerful. However, as long as you can get in your Stabs, my personal opinion is that the order doesn't really matter. I must add in, though, that since Dragon Sore is more powerful, it'll give you a higher chance to end the battle right there, as opposed to having to stab the enemy again - which might give him a chance to pot through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:44 am 
Advanced Member

ice ise useless for pure str's (deleveled it) and smashing series is needed in my opinion from actually being a blader

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:12 am 
Ex-Staff

Lance wrote:
ice ise useless for pure str's (deleveled it) and smashing series is needed in my opinion from actually being a blader

Hey, Lance! :) Have the highest respect for you, although you probably don't know me.

Why would you say Ice is useless? If you could give me a solid reason, or your opinion, I'll be sure to add it in.

As I said, some people say that it's needed as a quick link in between Chains. It's generally agreed upon, though, that it's a skill that COULD be skipped. What's your reasoning for having it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:18 am 
Advanced Member

i explained a few things on my little guide i made ages ago

http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic ... highlight=

^ made before i knew there was new skills for 90

but i deleveled ice and changed it to heuksal because of a few things:

1. ice buff wasnt really all that helpful to me as am pure STR, would help more if i was int based

2. heuksal canceledout the slow leveling speed of blades

3. i can actually kill some people at 80 cap using heuksal

4. the heuksal fanspear move (increase mag defence by 685 for 15secs) is hella more useful :)

but bad things are:

1. requires alot of sp

2. alot more money to pimp out/buy a glaive aswell

but am biased, as i dont like sticking to 1 weapon builds :) i shall try make a pvp video sometime, but at the current cap now, everyones a pot war, even to pure ints sometime

anyways, my current skills are

80 bicheon
80 heuksal
70 light
70 fire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:12 pm 
Ex-Staff

Lance wrote:

1. ice buff wasnt really all that helpful to me as am pure STR, would help more if i was int based

4. the heuksal fanspear move (increase mag defence by 685 for 15secs) is hella more useful :)

but bad things are:

1. requires alot of sp

but am biased, as i dont like sticking to 1 weapon builds :) i shall try make a pvp video sometime, but at the current cap now, everyones a pot war, even to pure ints sometime

80 bicheon
80 heuksal
70 light
70 fire

Got it. So you duel-weapon?
What happens later, then, at like, Level 100 or so, if you intend to get that far? You would have 100 Bicheon, 100 Heuksal... 50 Light and 50 Fire?

Thanks for your time! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:30 pm 
Frequent Member

FenaCorp wrote:
Lance wrote:

but bad things are:

1. requires alot of sp

80 bicheon
80 heuksal
70 light
70 fire

What happens later, then, at like, Level 100 or so, if you intend to get that far? You would have 100 Bicheon, 100 Heuksal... 50 Light and 50 Fire?

ahahah this was my plan before.. a heuksal blader.. but i change to hawk instead.. i think i'm gonna go with this..

80 Bicheon
30 heuksal
40 Pacheon
70 Lightning
80 Fire

Build ATM:

51 Bicheon
30 Heuksal
40 Pacheon
51 Lightning
51 Fire

EDIT:

GAHHHH!! too much thoughts running in me mind.. >.<

http://shadowsdie.deviantart.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:51 pm 

very nice guide
but I disagree with 2 things: Lightning to 80 is no neccesary and the 8th degree blade is FAR MORE SEXIER then the 7th degree one.

And 1 questien: Are you sure that protector also gives you 20% moving speed? I thought 10%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:09 pm 
Advanced Member

FenaCorp wrote:

Lol, i think planning for 90 skills is abit too far ahead, nvm 100, i prob wont be playing anymore by then

yup, am dual build an i love it :)

bladecarlo wrote:
ahahah this was my plan before.. a heuksal blader.. but i change to hawk instead.. i think i'm gonna go with this..

80 Bicheon
30 heuksal
40 Pacheon
70 Lightning
80 Fire

Build ATM:

51 Bicheon
30 Heuksal
40 Pacheon
51 Lightning
51 Fire

EDIT:

i dnot see the point in taking 3 weapons, your heuksal will be weak and so will the pacheon, cant use it for leveling or pvp :/ 2 weps should be the max in my opinion, the AR buff from pacheon isnt even worth it :0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:03 pm 
Ex-Staff

TheGiftedOne wrote:
very nice guide
but I disagree with 2 things: Lightning to 80 is no neccesary and the 8th degree blade is FAR MORE SEXIER then the 7th degree one.

And 1 questien: Are you sure that protector also gives you 20% moving speed? I thought 10%

Yeah, it only gives you a 10% Moving Speed Increase over Armor. Sorry, must have been a typo. :P Thanks for pointing that out to me.

However, I must disagree - the Cornu Blade > Blaze Blade. If you disagree, GTFO! :D

@ Lance, I'm at work right now, so I'll get back to you ASAP.
But can I ask you, while I'm gone, why you think the Smashing Series is needed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:20 pm 
Advanced Member

small mp usage, and good damage, before i used glaive to grind, i used smashing series + Kd to grind

open with blade force/ smashing series, then a KD kill everything i was grinding on :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:34 pm 
Frequent Member

Lance wrote:
FenaCorp wrote:

Lol, i think planning for 90 skills is abit too far ahead, nvm 100, i prob wont be playing anymore by then

yup, am dual build an i love it :)

bladecarlo wrote:

80 Bicheon
30 heuksal
40 Pacheon
70 Lightning
80 Fire

Build ATM:

51 Bicheon
30 Heuksal
40 Pacheon
51 Lightning
51 Fire

EDIT:

i dnot see the point in taking 3 weapons, your heuksal will be weak and so will the pacheon, cant use it for leveling or pvp :/ 2 weps should be the max in my opinion, the AR buff from pacheon isnt even worth it :0

im only getting the passives for heuksal and on pacheon hawk and AR buffs.. and 1 more thing, i dont have the guts to delevel 1 whole weapon mastery and skills when the cap raises.. Image

http://shadowsdie.deviantart.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:39 pm 

once again very nice guide but 1 thing
if I was a newbie and if I would read this whole guide then I would have the impression that you can use all 3 stab skills at lvl 68
or maybe its just me :oops:

edit: And my compliments towards your attitude ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:48 pm 
Ex-Staff

TheGiftedOne wrote:
if I was a newbie and if I would read this whole guide then I would have the impression that you can use all 3 stab skills at lvl 68

What do you mean by my "attitude?" :P

And also, what do you mean by that you would have the impression that you could use all three Stab skills? Once you put points into the last book of the Stab, of course you can use all three. KD your enemy, and then pick whichever Stab you want to use... and then Stab it. :P Could you please clarify?

Thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:00 pm 

FenaCorp wrote:
TheGiftedOne wrote:

And also, what do you mean by that you would have the impression that you could use all three Stab skills? Once you put points into the last book of the Stab, of course you can use all three. KD your enemy, and then pick whichever Stab you want to use... and then Stab it. :P Could you please clarify?

I meant that I was getting the impression that when your enemy is on the ground(from KD) you can use book 3/2/1 all together :shock:

and I liked the way you talk to others in this topic that's what I meant with attitude(sorry for bad english :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:13 pm 
Ex-Staff

TheGiftedOne wrote:
FenaCorp wrote:
TheGiftedOne wrote:

I meant that I was getting the impression that when your enemy is on the ground(from KD) you can use book 3/2/1 all together :shock:

and I liked the way you talk to others in this topic that's what I meant with attitude(sorry for bad english :P )

Well... I don't mean all together, but I mean that if you time it carefully, and your enemy remains long enough, there's a chance that you could fit in all three KD's.

Meaning...
You KD the enemy.

Use Stab 1.
Then Stab 2.
And then, finally, Stab 3.

Which part gave you the impression that you could use all three at once? That sounds ridiculous, and I'd certainly like to change that.

Once again, thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:09 am 
Advanced Member

Unless something has changed since I was playing, ice is still pretty much useless at high level PvP. The tabs for frost reduction drop like candy (as does everything but str and stamina it seemed). Anyone who was worth anything that wanted to PvP was frost immune.

On both of my high level characters (cuchulain 69, _Medea_ 73) I achieved frost immunity with minimal effort.

And the castle wall/shield wall stuff, I never bothered changing that after it was updated, definitely worth it now :)

Other than that, very nice guide. I mostly just skimmed through, but everything except that ice thing seemed right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:33 pm 

STICKY TIME! *licks finger and pokes computer screen* ITS NOT WORKING! :shock: :?

Guild: Advent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:48 am 

Hey nice guide but ummm problem is if you have bicheon,fire then u have to chose between ice and light well your gonna spend alot of cash on drug or typhoon or what ever they are

Thank you brentonsbbe359

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:03 am 

im a blader my self ( lvl 34) and i was thinking of going

1.80-bicheon .. 80-fire .. 72 -light . - 68 pacheon

i chose pacheon over cold for these reasons:

1.Im a blader.. i got enough defence .. i need damage!!
2. I use Bow to lvl up with.. Right now im lvl 34 and have pacheon with the rest of my skills at lvl 32.. My bicheon is sitting comfortably at lvl 25.. I will get to 52 , have a 9 gap and farm all the sp i need then switch to blade.
3. if i get cold instead of Pacheon i will lvl really really slowly..
4. Castle Shield Makes the Cold Buff look like Sh1T

BUT after reading your well explained guide i came to think mabye switching to Cold.. But these Questions Hold me back:

1. How will the Mastery Tree Set up Look like at the Current Cap (80) and the 90 cap??
2. would it be worth Deleveling my pacheon for Cold?
3. is the Cold Imbue that useful for a blader?
4. If i Drop Pacheon will the Damage be Reduced By Alot??
5. Does the Defence from Cold make that much of a difference??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:44 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Very nice guide. Good work
I was originally inspired by Cuchulainn guide to make my first blader. I hope this guide will do the same to other players.
My 50 cents.IMO ice tree sucks.It only has some little use in jobs. Except of that its a waste of time/sp so i advise ppl to open those skills last if they ever reach cap and want something more from their chars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:31 pm 
Frequent Member

*thumbs up*

Great guide, haven't seen such a good guide for a longer time. This will learn every player how to be a great blader.

Post subject: hmm
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:24 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Do you mind posting which hot-keys you use on the bars (F1 to whatever u use)

Kinda a weird question but I can't figure out what skills to put where on my hotkey bar ><

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next