Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE]Euro Party Guide. EPG
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:15 pm 
Valued Member

Awesome paint skillz >.<

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:57 am 

Yes that video was awesome. I wish our parties at Sungs was like that. I just made a cleric on Venus anf just started to parties a few days ago. Alot of the party stuff is common sense imho. But i see tanks with 2hd and wizards running off. I just don't move if he go too far he dies. But hey not my problem if they cant listen when i say" hey going to far" or "hey plz dont move wiz i cant heal if your too far." The main reason why we been dying is cuz the tankers mess up. I think tanker got it the worse in parties :roll: Glad im not one.

TyrantKing Rogue/Warrior 2X
Guild:Fable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:10 am 

Honestly, Bard is the simplest job in the game. All you really need to heal mp is mana cycle. However, you still do need tambours/dances.

As a bard, you do nothing, yet are highly needed in a party. All you do is stand still, heal mp, and get xp. You really dont have to pay attention to what is going, monster-wise. You should never get hit, unless a champ/giant spawns on you.

You also save tons of money. First off, if you are not attacking, your armor and harp should never get damaged. When compared to other jobs, bard is the most cost effective.

Personally, i turn off my MP pots when i bard. As long as i cycle myself first, i really don't need mp pots when barding. So if i am not using mp pots or hp pots (bards should almost never get hit), you save tons of money. Over time, this amount adds up to an enormous sum.

I play as a Rogue/Bard (yes, pure str)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 am 
Frequent Member

Domination wrote:
Honestly, Bard is the simplest job in the game. All you really need to heal mp is mana cycle. However, you still do need tambours/dances.

As a bard, you do nothing, yet are highly needed in a party. All you do is stand still, heal mp, and get xp. You really dont have to pay attention to what is going, monster-wise. You should never get hit, unless a champ/giant spawns on you.

You also save tons of money. First off, if you are not attacking, your armor and harp should never get damaged. When compared to other jobs, bard is the most cost effective.

Personally, i turn off my MP pots when i bard. As long as i cycle myself first, i really don't need mp pots when barding. So if i am not using mp pots or hp pots (bards should almost never get hit), you save tons of money. Over time, this amount adds up to an enormous sum.

I play as a Rogue/Bard (yes, pure str)
Hmm.. It seems that u're not there yet. Lvl up more and u'll know the truth.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:53 am 

well because this char is lower level, this strat works. I know that i will need to change my game plan around 5x-6x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:28 am 

Just a question what about using a 1h/lock to lure and then tank ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:53 am 

I'd like to point out that most people won't do parties until lvl 52+. Simply because they get taxi. Or because u need skills that at least lvl 40+ from clerics and warriors to keep the party alive. Ex recovery div. Fences etc. And COME ON. U have a 20% chance of actually finding. People that 1st speak and understand some decent English and 2nd that are smart enough to do their jobs. And I also noticed that warrior will rarely have the mobs agroo them a 100% of the time. I'm always watching the wizards getting killed cause the warriors are simply to dumb to do their job

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:00 am 
Common Member

I SAY A GOOD PARTY IS 2 TANKER 2 WIZARD 1 CLERIC 2 BARDS AND 1 CHINESE FORCE NUKER OR ARCHER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:42 am 
Valued Member

caseyd4 wrote:
Just a question what about using a 1h/lock to lure and then tank ?

recomend just staying warrior in party, so people don't loose their buffs

Domination wrote:
foudre wrote:
Domination wrote:
My list of chars in a party:
[2] Tanks (1H wanted)
[1] Cleric
[2/3] Wizards
[1] Warlock (if we have 2 wiz then get a lock)
[2] Bards

this is the layout I've used every time I party play. Currently at Caves. I myself am a tank. Here are a few explanations to the buffs and skills of a tank.

Buffs:
Quota: Distributes damage gained to the rest of party. If wiz gets hit, the whole party takes a % of damage.
P. Fence: Absorbs a % of Phy. damage. If wiz gets hit, only the tank takes a % of damage
M. Fence: Absorbs a % of Mag. damage. I never use in party play, but in jobbing I do.
Protect: Absorbs a % of Aggro. Mobs go to tank instead of ints with this skill. Use with taunt. My favorite buff because it lowers the chance of mobs rushing to ints.
Vital Increase: Increases your total HP and give 300% aggro bonus. Use this skill always in a pt. You increase your aggo so mobs rush to you.
Taunt: MAX THIS SKILL. THIS IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. It adds aggro to mobs so they attack you. great for luring and controlling mobs.
Sprint Assault: Max this as well. This is a true life savor. the higher the lv, the more range it has. Has a chance to stun + KD which cancels the attack of a mob.

Who to give buffs to....
1st tank will give Fence, Protect, and Quota to cleric and 1 wizards.
2nd tank will give Fence, Protect, and Quota to the other 2 wizards. ( if a warlock replaced a wiz, give buffs to Warlock)

*Never give buffs to a warrior*

wrong about never give buffs to a warrior

expessially low lvls put a qouta or a fence on the tank thats luring and they can lure way more and actually live doing it before iron skin, and higher up its not a bad idea to put protect on the warrior that lures meaning they keep lureing and the 2nd warrior catches their lures while he grabs more

adapt to the situation, not every party is the same, and things should be done different at different lvls, like buffing the lure with qouta or fence is a good way to prevent htem from dying while luring and makes the party go alot faster. Higher up i see the good tanks use screens after lureing on the main tank

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this.... hardly check on my old posts :)

Why would you give a tank buffs to remove his damage and send it to the int players? Tank A doesn't need Tank B's buffs... It just kills the Int in the party. I've been a tank most the time I've ever done party play.... and i can safely say that giving a tank warrior buffs kills the party. As for using the buffs when luring... even worse. If Tank A (Who has tank B's buffs) goes out to lure... whos getting hit by 10+ mobs? Each of those hits transfers to the ints (who have low hp as it is). Solution? Healing cycle and cleric buffs. Tank buffs are better used else where. Also... you can bless before a lure so the tank gets a nice boost. I used to do bless lures before lv 40. By luck, most the people in the party had cleric subclass (the wizzies) and this let us rotate bless. One for the tank before he lures and another for when he returns in case a few mobs scatter and attack the ints. (shame on both tanks if this happens :) )

like wise i dont' check old post very much, (btw i'm foudre) I said in low level parties, it means you can lure as if you had iron skin, the aoe heals take care of the qouta damage added to the ints, or a fence the same way. It lets you party more effectivly, before you get the buffs that'd let you do it by yourself, so you can lure 10 mobs at once rather then sticking to 4, and it doesn't reley on every one needing cleric sub

Raamroc "So many people to kill so little time"
Xao "But you're immortal"
Raamroc "So much time"