Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:38 am 
Common Member

Totaly awesome guide. We've been doing that and we died only when nukers started randomly attacking :oops: or healers got pwnt.

+1 make it sticky :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:35 am 
Ex-Staff

a bump for people in Venus, Uranus, and any other server with euros who know how to party :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:49 pm 
Addicted Member

it would be so nice
if i can just show party members this
rather than having to explain shit to them >.>
i hate it when im being attacked by 5 PT mobs(s/s euro)
and the only cleric starts attacking and lets my HP go down
then i tell the whole party to run away that ill hold them off
so i sacrifice myself and those dumbasses keep on fiting even though the only tanker is dead >.>
and then they die, so my sacrifice was useless >.>

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE]Euro Party Guide. EPG
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:46 am 

HEALERS/BUFFERS
    i]keep the party alive/full of mana DONT FIGHT!!
    ii]if some1 goes out of range let them die/run out of mana
    iii]if some1 is rude let them die/run out of mana
    iv]dont leave the party area to res or heal some1
    v]stay put dont move
    vi] if tank/s kb mobs until thier out of healing range dont move let them die

Love that part xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:54 am 
Veteran Member

if you need i can write out a good bard and a good wizzard section having done both,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:29 am 
Ex-Staff

foudre wrote:
if you need i can write out a good bard and a good wizzard section having done both,

that would be great :). i don't play sro that much anymore and my wiz on pacific is only lvl 15 atm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:48 pm 
Common Member

so the party should look like this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WIMpjsewis8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:14 am 
Ex-Staff

mac wrote:

ive been looking for that vid for like forever thx for finding it :love: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:12 am 
Common Member

Barotix wrote:
ive been looking for that vid for like forever thx for finding it :love: :D

np :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:13 pm 

Good on lower levels maybe, but that's also when ppl get powerleveled...

For 72+, it's just an impossible scenario b/c almost every good spots are always crowded with shared parties and bots.

Also, for a 2 wizard group, 1 warrior is enough... Need an xbow rogue (longest range) to lure mobs, not every monsters would be in shouting/howling distance.

Here's a perfect Party for me... For Generals perhaps:

2 Bards, Guard Tambour and Hit March Plus Dance of Magic and MP heals for Cleric and Wizards.
1 Cleric
1 Xbow Rogue, lure mobs towards warrior (Long range with Rapid shots)
3 Wizards
1 Warrior, Physical fence on 1 cleric and 1 wizard, Pain quota on other 2 wizards.

"When you start giving up, thinking what you do makes no difference, you just end up doing less — and nothing's changed..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:14 pm 
Casual Member

mac wrote:

Damn that is going fast 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:26 pm 
Frequent Member

Some people in my guild partied up late last night on angry sungsungs:

-lvl 41 cleric
-lvl 14 just to get some plvling, he just sat there on a horse
-lvl 38 nuker
-lvl 28 cleric/wiz for more buffs
-lvl 45 wiz/cleric

My level 41 cleric got about 12-15%. That's in addition to dying twice (offering is great, but it doesn't always work) and taking another 4% loss.

The lvl 14 went up a level+.

The lvl 38 nuker managed about 20%, the lvl 28 got about 25% (he died twice too) and the level 45 got about 16%.

This is in about 15-20 minutes total. The clerics healed/threw bless, the nuker and wizard took on everything they could find. With two clerics we didn't even need a tanker.

Sometimes we make a circle and have a fast running character pull aggro onto everything, then they bring them back to the circle and have a killing spree. While everyone kills/heals the runner goes out to get more aggro'd monsters, then comes back letting us know in advance what they've got (pt giant, champ, etc) or if it's just normal. We've gotten some insane XP this way.

The main problem is getting a good party together that everyone knows their role and how to get out of a bind.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 pm 
Valued Member

mac wrote:

This guide needs a bump for some new ppl. =-)

Also, if you check out the video, notice that:
* Their puller brings the mobs to the tanks.
* The tanks don't KB or KD.
* With rare exceptions, the wizards only attack what the tanks have aggroed.
* They don't move at all.
* Nobody dies.
* The person recording gains 11-12% in 8 minutes.
* Cooperation works beautifully.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:04 pm 
Banned User

i will add my minor experience from general pties :) we were making a 8 player pt which has 2 tanks 4 wizards 1 cleric 1 lock and i must say that this pt is the fastest killing machine ever 8) i made about 10k sp a day (with pre,9 gap of course)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 am 
Veteran Member

man looking back after all the party grinding i've done i could really add to this now days

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:27 pm 
Frequent Member

You know what I'd like to see? A Euro/Chinese party guide. There are still a lot of Chinese players around...I still struggle to keep them alive, they think cleric buffs make 'em invincible.

OT: Please, do add.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:38 pm 

My list of chars in a party:
[2] Tanks (1H wanted)
[1] Cleric
[2/3] Wizards
[1] Warlock (if we have 2 wiz then get a lock)
[2] Bards

this is the layout I've used every time I party play. Currently at Caves. I myself am a tank. Here are a few explanations to the buffs and skills of a tank.

Buffs:
Quota: Distributes damage gained to the rest of party. If wiz gets hit, the whole party takes a % of damage.
P. Fence: Absorbs a % of Phy. damage. If wiz gets hit, only the tank takes a % of damage
M. Fence: Absorbs a % of Mag. damage. I never use in party play, but in jobbing I do.
Protect: Absorbs a % of Aggro. Mobs go to tank instead of ints with this skill. Use with taunt. My favorite buff because it lowers the chance of mobs rushing to ints.
Vital Increase: Increases your total HP and give 300% aggro bonus. Use this skill always in a pt. You increase your aggo so mobs rush to you.
Taunt: MAX THIS SKILL. THIS IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. It adds aggro to mobs so they attack you. great for luring and controlling mobs.
Sprint Assault: Max this as well. This is a true life savor. the higher the lv, the more range it has. Has a chance to stun + KD which cancels the attack of a mob.

Who to give buffs to....
1st tank will give Fence, Protect, and Quota to cleric and 1 wizards.
2nd tank will give Fence, Protect, and Quota to the other 2 wizards. ( if a warlock replaced a wiz, give buffs to Warlock)

*Never give buffs to a warrior*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:15 pm 
Loyal Member

very good guide, i think everyone knows how to do dances but if someone needs me to explain for the nubs i can.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:21 am 
Veteran Member

Domination wrote:
[2] Tanks (1H wanted)
[1] Cleric
[2/3] Wizards
[2] Bards

this is the layout I've used every time I party play. Currently at Caves. I myself am a tank. Here are a few explanations to the buffs and skills of a tank.

Buffs:
Quota: Distributes damage gained to the rest of party. If wiz gets hit, the whole party takes a % of damage.
P. Fence: Absorbs a % of Phy. damage. If wiz gets hit, only the tank takes a % of damage
M. Fence: Absorbs a % of Mag. damage. I never use in party play, but in jobbing I do.
Protect: Absorbs a % of Aggro. Mobs go to tank instead of ints with this skill. Use with taunt. My favorite buff because it lowers the chance of mobs rushing to ints.
Vital Increase: Increases your total HP and give 300% aggro bonus. Use this skill always in a pt. You increase your aggo so mobs rush to you.
Taunt: MAX THIS SKILL. THIS IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. It adds aggro to mobs so they attack you. great for luring and controlling mobs.
Sprint Assault: Max this as well. This is a true life savor. the higher the lv, the more range it has. Has a chance to stun + KD which cancels the attack of a mob.

Who to give buffs to....
2nd tank will give Fence, Protect, and Quota to the other 2 wizards. ( if a warlock replaced a wiz, give buffs to Warlock)

wrong about never give buffs to a warrior

expessially low lvls put a qouta or a fence on the tank thats luring and they can lure way more and actually live doing it before iron skin, and higher up its not a bad idea to put protect on the warrior that lures meaning they keep lureing and the 2nd warrior catches their lures while he grabs more

adapt to the situation, not every party is the same, and things should be done different at different lvls, like buffing the lure with qouta or fence is a good way to prevent htem from dying while luring and makes the party go alot faster. Higher up i see the good tanks use screens after lureing on the main tank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:29 pm 
Casual Member

Oh God, Tanks, Healers, DPS, Taunts, Teamwork!? I'm re-rolling Euro.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:34 pm 
Loyal Member

KKTHXBAI wrote:
Oh God, Tanks, Healers, DPS, Taunts, Teamwork!? I'm re-rolling Euro.

lmao i smell a wow player.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 am 

mac wrote:

Please, for the possible improvement of crappy parties, please embed this video on the first post and sticky it!!!

* I don't order you to do so cause you hold one more banhammer than I. I just begs. 8) *

...................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:14 am 

nice guide barotix. really appreciated. now when somebody messes up, we'll just link them here. :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:41 pm 
Elite Member

You said a xbow isnt supposed to lure mobs, but thats the whole point of a xbow imho

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:33 pm 
Ex-Staff

BloodyBlade wrote:
You said a xbow isnt supposed to lure mobs, but thats the whole point of a xbow imho

Most people QQ about xbow luring mobs. You're supposed to throw protect on the Xbow and let it lure like in that video. Difference was instead of an xbow they had a Chin bow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:29 pm 
Veteran Member

Barotix wrote:
BloodyBlade wrote:

Most people QQ about xbow luring mobs. You're supposed to throw protect on the Xbow and let it lure like in that video. Difference was instead of an xbow they had a Chin bow.

shame people don't use the luring system on a rogue every one says the lure has to hold agro but if it tansfers to the tank the cleric wont' have to heal the lure if he just stays almost still meaning the agro wont' go to the cleric

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 am 
Banned User

Excellent...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:39 am 

foudre wrote:
Domination wrote:
[2] Tanks (1H wanted)
[1] Cleric
[2/3] Wizards
[2] Bards

Buffs:

Who to give buffs to....

wrong about never give buffs to a warrior

expessially low lvls put a qouta or a fence on the tank thats luring and they can lure way more and actually live doing it before iron skin, and higher up its not a bad idea to put protect on the warrior that lures meaning they keep lureing and the 2nd warrior catches their lures while he grabs more

adapt to the situation, not every party is the same, and things should be done different at different lvls, like buffing the lure with qouta or fence is a good way to prevent htem from dying while luring and makes the party go alot faster. Higher up i see the good tanks use screens after lureing on the main tank

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this.... hardly check on my old posts :)

Why would you give a tank buffs to remove his damage and send it to the int players? Tank A doesn't need Tank B's buffs... It just kills the Int in the party. I've been a tank most the time I've ever done party play.... and i can safely say that giving a tank warrior buffs kills the party. As for using the buffs when luring... even worse. If Tank A (Who has tank B's buffs) goes out to lure... whos getting hit by 10+ mobs? Each of those hits transfers to the ints (who have low hp as it is). Solution? Healing cycle and cleric buffs. Tank buffs are better used else where. Also... you can bless before a lure so the tank gets a nice boost. I used to do bless lures before lv 40. By luck, most the people in the party had cleric subclass (the wizzies) and this let us rotate bless. One for the tank before he lures and another for when he returns in case a few mobs scatter and attack the ints. (shame on both tanks if this happens :) )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:51 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

nice a really helpfull guide to euro pt wish i saw this when i started playin euros lol

4x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:51 am 

~bump~