Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:07 pm 
stickied in chars n skills sticky <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:30 am 
Chronicle Writer

cin wrote:
stickied in chars n skills sticky <3

:love:

this is also a bump since i updated the subclass section

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:39 am 
Casual Member

I'll say it again:
It's spelled "skills"... Skillz belongs to that "1337 speak" nonsense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:33 am 
Chronicle Writer

OlHybrid wrote:
I'll say it again:
It's spelled "skills"... Skillz belongs to that "1337 speak" nonsense.

you can say it all you want that won't stop me from using it....its the internet, you can't take anything seriously or chance are you'll just wind up offended and saddened zzzzzzzz

and BTW 62 replies with 1866 views -_- way to lurk ppl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:43 pm 
Casual Member

XemnasXD wrote:
its the internet

And there is enough retarded crap out there as it is, if you want to make an intelligent contribution, might as well stick to that goal in every aspect of your post. It adds to the "this guy knows what he's talking about" feeling.

As a side note: I wonder if wearing robe is that bad an idea while grinding.
Grinding goes fast as long as you stick to mobs that are like 6 lvls below you, right? They go down in 1 to 2 attacks. If you use crossbow they might not even make it to melee before you take them down: Fast Shot, Power Shot, Fast Shot.

Post subject: Re: Comprehensive Rogue Guide [Sub-Class Update v.1]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:11 pm 

XemnasXD wrote:
Some people say the Rogue is best as a solo class and that its standalone and subs are a waste of SP. Those ppl are morons ignore them.

Ugh...this comment has NO PLACE in a guide. Players disagree with your opinion so you call them morons..........zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....do you also resort to calling those who disagree with you "nazis" or "hitler"? Remove the comment and replace with "I strongly disagree and here is why...." and give your opinion and support it, don't call people names as some means to bolster your argument, it isn't just weak, it is blatantly immature.

As the other poster pointed out using forms of l33t speak also weaken your authority. "skillz" is for the kiddies. "Skills" is for a guide.

Finally you call the viewers lurkers, maybe they looked over your guide and saw the l33tspeak and calling other opinionated players "morons" and moved on, no need to comment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:42 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

OlHybrid wrote:
As a side note: I wonder if wearing robe is that bad an idea while grinding.
Considerable for xbow, definitely not Dagger :O.

I think thread starter should add the sub-class' skills' descriptions too, that would be nice.

Very very nice guide btw. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:59 pm 
Chronicle Writer

If you read the guide i stated that wearing Robes or heavy armor wasn't a wise decision. DD and EX both lower physical defense drastically so wearing robes would put you at a great disadvantage to not only other warriors and rogues but also to Glaviers and Bladers which are the hardest chinese classes for rogues to deal with. Being pur Str wearing heavy armor is stupid, you'll take an extreme beating from wizards and nukers, even more so than you already do. If i didn't stress this point i'll edit it into the guide.

Gokenzul wrote:
XemnasXD wrote:
Some people say the Rogue is best as a solo class and that its standalone and subs are a waste of SP. Those ppl are morons ignore them.

Ugh...this comment has NO PLACE in a guide. Players disagree with your opinion so you call them morons..........zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....do you also resort to calling those who disagree with you "nazis" or "hitler"? Remove the comment and replace with "I strongly disagree and here is why...." and give your opinion and support it, don't call people names as some means to bolster your argument, it isn't just weak, it is blatantly immature.

As the other poster pointed out using forms of l33t speak also weaken your authority. "skillz" is for the kiddies. "Skills" is for a guide.

Finally you call the viewers lurkers, maybe they looked over your guide and saw the l33tspeak and calling other opinionated players "morons" and moved on, no need to comment?

If someone said to you A Pur STR nuker is best possible build to make would you say that person is misinformed or say that person clearly has no idea what they're talking. im stressing a point that point being the importance of s sub-class this is my guide and my writing style and while i appreciate your criticism but going so far as to say inquire whether i refer to ppl i disagree with as Nazis ij JUST AS BAD if not WORSE then me calling ppl morons. If that many ppl were put off by the writing style of my guide i think i'd see alot more comments like yours and OlHybrids

If you have something to do with the information my guide presents then feel free to complain or dismiss it. But note nit pick over wording in a document where content is the most important thing. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:56 pm 

XemnasXD wrote:
If you have something to do with the information my guide presents then feel free to complain or dismiss it. But note nit pick over wording in a document where content is the most important thing. :roll:

You asked why so many views and so little feedback, I think I covered it. Toodles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:42 am 
Loyal Member

typo under cleric sub-class where it says SO and PD or something like that, think u meant to write SD and PD :wink:

my reaction to the sub-class addition; i like it so far, even though some ppl might get confused i find it alright.

if u look at the num. of skills for solo play for cleric and then for bards, u see that many more of the bard skills are (NCS) making them virtually useless in solo play. :banghead: this is one of the many reasons i believe cleric is the correct sub-mastery for a rogue :)

- j a c k y - says (4:48 PM):
i can do sexual puns all day my friend
RuYi wrote:
You just got yourself +70 Ru Yi points!
xDDD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:44 am 
Casual Member

XemnasXD wrote:
If you read the guide i stated that wearing Robes or heavy armor wasn't a wise decision. DD and EX both lower physical defense drastically so wearing robes would put you at a great disadvantage to not only other warriors and rogues but also to Glaviers and Bladers which are the hardest chinese classes for rogues to deal with. Being pur Str wearing heavy armor is stupid, you'll take an extreme beating from wizards and nukers, even more so than you already do. If i didn't stress this point i'll edit it into the guide.

Yes I did read it, which is why I formulated my comment the way I did.
I'm also mentioning "grinding", not PvP.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:49 am 
Chronicle Writer

OlHybrid wrote:
XemnasXD wrote:

Yes I did read it, which is why I formulated my comment the way I did.
I'm also mentioning "grinding", not PvP.

by saying "if you read the guide" is more for those that haven't kinda a plug don't be so defensive. Most mobs in SRO are do Physical damage so wearing robes isn't the best decision especially if your a dagger rogue. Being right next to a party champion 3-4 lvl above you with DD on is a dangerous situation to have that kind of handicap imo.

If your solo grinding and using Xbow i don't see a problem with it as it'll save mana and let you move a bit faster. You shouldn't be ina situation where you can get mobbed easily so you shouldn't have to worry about it unless your in an aggro area in which case even with Xbow i'd advice against wearing robes...

Post subject: poison imbue
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:01 pm 
Casual Member

i know this sounds stupid
but poison imbue doesnt give us more atack damage so is it really worth? :S

Post subject: Re: poison imbue
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:46 pm 
Loyal Member

2boss4u wrote:

poison weapon DOESNOT increase your dmg, it is just a DoT attack. (look at the description of the skill, its NOT an imbue.) that is why i only use it against giants and partys :)

RuYi wrote:
xDDD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:10 pm 
Chronicle Writer

2boss4u wrote:

that doesn't sound stupid at all

i kinda agree with vandall it does DoT but i use it on every mob...its not like the furn DoT which does like 35 damage on lvl 52 mobs (worthless) At lvl 34 your poison damage should do around 111 damage (per #sec im not sure of the number#) which is pretty good its like having a pet out kinda. I dunno how much the damage will be when its maxed but i'd say its worth it to use on every mob especially in pvp cause a little extra damage goes a long way

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:39 pm 
Loyal Member

XemnasXD wrote:
2boss4u wrote:

i kinda agree with vandall it does DoT but i use it on every mob...its not like the furn DoT which does like 35 damage on lvl 52 mobs (worthless) At lvl 34 your poison damage should do around 111 damage (per #sec im not sure of the number#) which is pretty good its like having a pet out kinda. I dunno how much the damage will be when its maxed but i'd say its worth it to use on every mob especially in pvp cause a little extra damage goes a long way

well, i guess wat it comes down to is; do u wanna spend some extra mp (ie. mp pots => gold) for a bit more dmg.

RuYi wrote:
xDDD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:45 pm 
Casual Member

Vandall wrote:
XemnasXD wrote:
2boss4u wrote:

well, i guess wat it comes down to is; do u wanna spend some extra mp (ie. mp pots => gold) for a bit more dmg.

..if later ill have more damage i think is good but for now i take 27 when mob is poisined and money is not a problem :l mp pots are cheap

thank you both for helping me =)

damn i needed to edit it because i dont know how to type LOL

Last edited by 2boss4u on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:47 pm 
Casual Member

Vandall wrote:
2boss4u wrote:

poison weapon DOESNOT increase your dmg, it is just a DoT attack. (look at the description of the skill, its NOT an imbue.) that is why i only use it against giants and partys :)

i said imbue because it lasts 6 sec like the fire imbue etc
i said that it doesnt give more atk
but thank you i only use it in giants and pt monsters too :l

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:37 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Vandall wrote:
Those extra dmg can sometimes save your life. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:40 pm 
Loyal Member

Mocha* wrote:
Vandall wrote:

thought that was implied when XemnasXD stated his opinion :banghead:

RuYi wrote:
xDDD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Vandall wrote:
Mocha* wrote:
Vandall wrote:

Wel.. I'm mentioning it again to state its importance !! =(

afk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:08 pm 
Chronicle Writer

Updated a bit.....added warrior edited the poison entry removed some NCS and updated the crossbow info.

Next update won't be until i find out more about Warlocks....then i''ll add the final touches to the sub section refine some areas and then it'll be finished

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:09 am 
Casual Member

XemnasXD wrote:
Updated a bit.....added warrior edited the poison entry removed some NCS and updated the crossbow info.

Next update won't be until i find out more about Warlocks....then i''ll add the final touches to the sub section refine some areas and then it'll be finished

this last update helped me alot
and sry i was rude i forgot to say this is a great guide
*thumbs up*
and thank you for all help :)
rogue ftw \m/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:10 am 
Casual Member

Mocha* wrote:
Vandall wrote:
Mocha* wrote:
Vandall wrote:

Wel.. I'm mentioning it again to state its importance !! =(

afk

but against chinese characters is useless -.-
they have THE pills -.-
no delay remember? -.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:10 am 
Banned User

idk if its been mentioned, but as a rouge myself, i wana help u with the sub classes.

being a cleric is good and all because u can help people....but being a cleric means u cant be a rouge.once u remove your cleric rod, all the buff u just popped up are gone. I was thinking of being a rouge/cleric too cuz i could just use the def buffs on myself, go xbow and take down the whole server in 45 secs, but the buffs go away >.<

Now, being a bard i feel is better because the buffs do not go away (the main ones) like moving speed and noise.

TBH, u cant get much out of ANY secondary classes because passives and buffs are so oriented to having a certain weapon equiped, but having no secondary classes, as u said, is pure stupidity, because then your always using half your availible skill masteries, and anything is better than nothing.

After this, i decided that 90% moving speed + scud = pwned, and noise is gona own when i have to grind at mages and fight LY....cuz not every mob will agro on me >.< so im thinking bard for now.

question to anyone: do warlock DEBUFFS cancel if u change weapon? i would think so because everything else the other euro classes use cancel when u change weapon >.<

btw, about the crits, i know daggers ahve the highest crit in the game, but are xbows the same or a little lower? 14crit on daggers is like 50% (i have 16crit(58%) lvl 72 daggers so its a rough guess.

and as a general rule, i always keep my main attack damage type (phy for rouge cuz thats all there is) must be 60%+ but thats just me. a 30-40% as u suggested is a bit too easy to fix to a higher % IMO. but thats for the user to decide (of course im talking about final tier >.> i would hope u dont go for 60%+ on all your gear from 1-80 >.<)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:00 am 

can i get get all crossbow & dagger skills as a rogue?? i don't want any subclass coz i do have my euro friends to buff me when i need them... and is it a good idea to stop & sp farm at lvl32?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:03 pm 
Chronicle Writer

@Vindicator- ..... -_- The sub classes section of my guide especially the cleric section has been researched. From my understanding while all the skillz in Cleric SD need a rod to cast they stay after you switch weapon...otherwise there'd be an (NCS) after the skill listed.

You also can't use the rogue speed buff and scud at the same time. If you do It'll cancel 1 out.

If we knew about whether warlock debuffs stayed when we changed weapon there'd be a warlock sub-class section.

And lastly. The average Euro player lvls to different tiers of weapons very quickly. So while higher% are better you can just as easily get by with the % listed and not be held back, the ones i listed are the minimum. I thought it goes without saying that ALL characters whether euro or chinese always pimp out there final tier if they can. But you don't need higher % until you start slowing down in lvling such as in the upper 50's-80 thast when you'll be keeping your weapon for a longer period of time. I'll add this too the guide to clear up any confusion.

Tbh it doesn't sound like you read the whole guide or if you did you didn't take it seriously enough. Because at 72 and using bard subclass you should definitely know that 1 cancels when you use them at the same time.

Thx for your criticism though using it i'll make adjustments

@Babychet04- It takes about 245k sp to FULLY farm a rogue 1-80 so unless your using a GT+SpGT you'll need to farm. If you are using that combo and you have it from 1-80 you should have enough SP to max the whole thing since your not looking for a subclass. If you don't have it you've got some farming to do but its ok cause euros farm alot faster than chinese (at least when they're in parties)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:25 pm 

@XemnasXD
ok, thanks for your reply sir.. i think i'll just save money to buy premium + sp gt... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:59 pm 
Chronicle Writer

UPDATE!

No its not the final ones thats why it says v2.5 but were getting closer to the final product.

-Added Video Section
-Added image
-Updated text in defense section
-other minor updates

Watch the vids and enjoy...if you find some im missing post them and i'll edit them into the guide thx

Post subject: scorn skill
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:25 pm 
Casual Member

hi everybody ^^
i wanted to ask can anyone pls tell me about scorn skill
i dont undestand it because it says i cannot use it on monsters
can anyone explain it to me
thank you in advance ^^

yes im noob in europe :banghead:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next