Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:29 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

phulshof wrote:
orionize wrote:
OK but you didnt answer my question still LOL WHAT IS THE BEST IUO ???

I already said armor, didn't I? I really don't want to keep repeating myself... With cold only at 60, without a shield's protection and block rate, I think you should go armor.

OK but about protector as an alternative ?? I mean to balance both mag & phy defense !!! or what do you think ?? but with a super armor set can I resist pvps,I mean hard ones (excluding full suns) ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:37 pm 
Frequent Member

orionize wrote:
phulshof wrote:
orionize wrote:

I already said armor, didn't I? I really don't want to keep repeating myself... With cold only at 60, without a shield's protection and block rate, I think you should go armor.

OK but about protector as an alternative ?? I mean to balance both mag & phy defense !!! or what do you think ?? but with a super armor set can I resist pvps,I mean hard ones (excluding full suns) ??

Protector is a reasonable alternative, especially when the 90 cap comes along. Seriously though:
1. Against Euro characters it won't matter. They either 1 shot you regardless of what you're wearing, or they won't be able to kill you anyway.
2. Against mobs, the differences are minimal. Against physical mobs you will take more damage; against magical mobs you take less. In both cases you should have no trouble surviving though; I have worn armor throughout my nachal and mage battles just the same.
3. Against Chinese STR characters, you will take a little bit more damage. They still rely for a large part on magical damage. Crits will be more painful though, but you have snow shield for that.
4. Against Chinese INT characters, you will take less damage.
So it's basically up to your preference. I prefer armor for now, but will probably switch to protector for 9D so I can afford snow shield without running out of MP. A friend of mine already prefers protector at 8D.

[83] Pinokkio
Pure INT Force Nuker, Force 83, Cold 83, Lightning 83, Fire 60

[81] Sybian
Pure INT KD Nuker, Bicheon 81, Cold 81, Lightning 81, Fire 60

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:44 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

phulshof wrote:
orionize wrote:
phulshof wrote:
orionize wrote:

Protector is a reasonable alternative, especially when the 90 cap comes along. Seriously though:
1. Against Euro characters it won't matter. They either 1 shot you regardless of what you're wearing, or they won't be able to kill you anyway.
2. Against mobs, the differences are minimal. Against physical mobs you will take more damage; against magical mobs you take less. In both cases you should have no trouble surviving though; I have worn armor throughout my nachal and mage battles just the same.
3. Against Chinese STR characters, you will take a little bit more damage. They still rely for a large part on magical damage. Crits will be more painful though, but you have snow shield for that.
4. Against Chinese INT characters, you will take less damage.
So it's basically up to your preference. I prefer armor for now, but will probably switch to protector for 9D so I can afford snow shield without running out of MP. A friend of mine already prefers protector at 8D.

Well,I had my last breath when you said those nice tips so now I full understood the whoel deal,hmm first of all wanted to thank you very much for your patience & assistance !! Thnx alot once again & hey if you do have nice ideas or tips for me feel very free to mention them here,Im reading this topic oftenly,thnx once again !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:49 pm 

Good guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:35 am 

i've recommenced this guide to many people i know.

My new char is really based on this guide to be honest :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:45 pm 
Banned User

Verry nice guide.
Im making now a hybrid int 1:5 s/s

But mine qestion is this.
I got lighting imbue because im prepering for the 90cap.
but the qestion wich nukes shall i add just of lighting or lighting + cold?
Im thinking like this 90light/90cold/bicheon90/. But i have no clue what to do for the 80 cap???? anayone help lol xD

IGN: Delphinus
Server: Sparta
Build: Full INT ( Want's to go hybrid )
Level: 66
Fire, Cold, Lighting, Heuksal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:47 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Good guide! I have a question though. If I plan to do the 80 Ice, 80 Lightning, 80 Bicheon, and 60 Fire, should I get the ice nukes instead of the fire nukes. Should I not get the fire nukes at all?? What's better? 80 Fire or 80 Ice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:14 pm 

if im going to make hybrid s/s

how many str points do you recommend I put in my char?

like 1:5 build or 1:6 build

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:56 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

hi... i'm a s/s hybrid int... lvl 67. my mag balance (naked) is 74%. am i still in good shape or am i headed for a really big headache when i get to lvl 80? i am seriously, SERIOUSLY bugged by my built. man, i didn't know hybrid could be so damn difficult to build, esp. a s/s hybrid. but i really really love shield, that's why i never went spear, despite what everyone said. pls help.... T.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:19 pm 
Casual Member

Shinobu25 your build is good but just make the mag balance higher like 85%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:28 pm 

i am not going for 90 light bicheon and ice....and 30 fire...but if someone can proof to me that 30 fire is enough to be immune of getting freeze with full 100% freeze in accessory then i might choose the status above....anyway...u dont have choice...heuskal and pecheon...go for fire...as it helps a little...if u r not immune to ice and light...i am sure...very sure then u r not going to kill anyone as they freeze u instantly
the build i suggest is 90 bicheon 90 fire 70 light 50 ice or 60 light 60 ice....
remember...fire provides 2 strong nuke where light provide 1 strong nuke....so by choosing fire...ur chances of killing is more....and u r immune to anything most importantly...loosing out a little damage doesnt bother u much....REALLY!!....for gears...i suggest go garment as protector and armor cant save u alot when u r out of mana...ur chances of surviving depend on ur luck by kding the opponent down while waiting for ur mana...so i suggest garment..at least u r able to tank int users^^....wat i miss out the most of not taking 90 light is not my damage...but is the parry which i beleive is very important...

i have 400 parry in cap 80...it save me alot..i always take the minimum damageXD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:30 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

i went to that site where you can compute your stats when you get to lvl 80, and when i get to lvl 80, my mag. balance would be 78% naked. omg, i think my character is doomed..... any suggestions as to how i can improve on this? or should i just switch to spear instead? i'm really really bugged bout this.... T.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:29 am 
Casual Member

78% mag balance ain't bad but nukes with that % isn't very usefull

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:12 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

OMG... then my character is doomed :banghead:

this is just sad.... T.T (sniff, sniff)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:38 am 

nice guide 2 thumbs up

Post subject: Re: Complete Hybrid S/S guide. BIG
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:36 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I am new to this but i have been wondering if i could go hybrid nuker till lvl 90 but with 90 fire, 90 ice, 90 light. Would that work and if not can you plz tell me why and what to do.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:37 am 
Banned User

great guide bro, the best ive ever seen for hybrid INT's

you explained yourself very well and were very clear

BEST GUIDE IVE EVER SEEN!
explained hybrids perfectly :D
gratz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:18 pm 
Banned User

Thanks the positive feed back. Decided to check up on this guide again.

As of now, since 90 cap is very relevant right now, I still can not make up my mind on what to do for 90. As a hybrid, you need to make use of bicheon, and dropping fire does not look appealing because the new nukes are strong, and plus its very helpful. However, you need cold for the phy def and snow shield, as lighting is also a MUST because of parry and magic damage...

At lvl 30, fire is still strong enough to grant immunity if you have the 80% on your jewelry I believe, unless anyone can correct me otherwise.

There is the option of 90 bicheon, 90 light, 60 cold 60 fire, however then i feel your stuck with only lightning nukes to rely on as really strong nukes.

At this point, I'm asking for opinions because while I may have mastered the lvl 80 hybrid, I cant say the same for lvl 90. One opinion I will hold on to is that if your going to use cold, its lvl 60 or above, or go home. Anything below lvl 60 in cold is laughable because again, the phy def bonus is TERRIBLE at lvl 59 and below, and the snow shield isn't too hot either.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:57 am 
Casual Member

First of all this guide really hit me. I hated hybrid builds cause i thought they didnt deal any dmg. But this guide just changed my mind.
So, everytime i lvl up should i add 2ints and 1 str? Or everytime i lvl up should i take off all my clothes and jewelry and decide?I am really confused on this part. Please help me !! :?

Build:Pure str bow*Ownz no0Bs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:53 am 
Frequent Member

Level 90 is not a real issue. You'll have both the level 86 and the level 90 lightning nuke to grind with + lion shout; the 100 cap is more difficult in that regard. Fire 30 gives 28% immunity, so if you're willing to work on your alchemy, it's still possible to be fully immune (but it will cost you, unless immunity on the jewelry pieces goes above 20%; anyone know?). Alternatively you could consider fire 60 + cold 60, or fire 40 + cold 80.

[83] Pinokkio

[81] Sybian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:27 pm 

Quote:
dropping fire does not look appealing because the new nukes are strong

Are you sure that the nukes are worth it to lvl up fire? I heard that the fire nukes aren't much stronger than lightning nukes. Also I heard that the last lightning nuke is the strongest nuke.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:22 pm 
Frequent Member

Dancin wrote:
Quote:
dropping fire does not look appealing because the new nukes are strong

Are you sure that the nukes are worth it to lvl up fire? I heard that the fire nukes aren't much stronger than lightning nukes. Also I heard that the last lightning nuke is the strongest nuke.

The lightning nuke has the highest potential damage as a number, but the fire nuke has a higher %, so deals more damage as a direct hit, and deals more damage on average number as well. Since it also takes longer to cast, in the end the damage/second is about the same. The issue is more that at the 100 cap for instance you only have 1 lightning nuke to work with (the previous one is capped at level 86). At the 90 cap however, you have a level 90 nuke and a level 86 nuke, which is good enough.

[83] Pinokkio

[81] Sybian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:45 am 
Banned User

Tamira wrote:
First of all this guide really hit me. I hated hybrid builds cause i thought they didnt deal any dmg. But this guide just changed my mind.
So, everytime i lvl up should i add 2ints and 1 str? Or everytime i lvl up should i take off all my clothes and jewelry and decide?I am really confused on this part. Please help me !! :?

2int 1str per lvl is really too much str. As i said in the guide, your end result should be 85%-90% mag balance. With snow shield, closer to 90% naked. My s/s nuker has about 15 levels, or 45 extra str points in him which is in that range. 10 levels, or 30 points total will suffice most likely. The only good pure ints are the ones that can afford to wear full sosun gear.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:10 am 
Casual Member

So if i go pure str till lvl 10 and go pure int after that. what would be my mag bal?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:14 am 
Frequent Member

At the 80 cap, you should have somewhere between 20 and 40 points of STR for a good hybrid build. At the 90 cap, it's somewhere between 25 and 45. Just check out the character generator: it should show you how much STR you can afford in order to stay between 85 and 90% magical balance, and how much HP and physical balance you'll get in return.

[83] Pinokkio

[81] Sybian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:37 am 
Casual Member

TNx for the help.
How much hp and mp do you have right now?
If i go 85% mag and go with spear will i be able to do some good dmg on str players?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:06 am 
Frequent Member

Again: check the character generator. I could tell you my HP, but they're distorted due to equipment and tickets I currently use, so they'd be of little use to you. In general, I think about 40% of my HP comes from my equipment.

Damage you can do on STR players (or any players or mobs for that matter) greatly depends on your skills and equipment. In general, fights between well equipped Chinese characters are potwars, and depend quite a bit on the ability to get status effects on your opponent.

[83] Pinokkio

[81] Sybian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:54 am 
Casual Member

ok tnx.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:22 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

ubelievable bravo may i say
trully excellent and i agree on getting a hybrid ss
best class ever

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:05 am 
Common Member

what naked Mag % would u recommend at lvl 90... atm i got a 45 pure int s/s... if i go str from 76-90 ill have a nake balance of 59% str and 86% int which is 8.7k hp and 19.4k mp naked.. would this be a good hybrid s/s at 90 or should i add more str?? btw im gonig 90 sword cold light

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next