Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:18 am 
Frequent Member

lol Thread seems to be attracting spammers. =[

Better update soon~

*goes back to procrastinating*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:25 pm 
Casual Member

Quick stupid question... how do warlock/clerics solo grind?

I'm a warlock/bard and this is how i level
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89DEaOf8I00
but im lvl 25 lol

but i really don't know how to lvl a warlock/cleric

5x Warlock/Cleric
Tribolt
Server Gaia
(Quite) Active!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:35 pm 

Quick and fast leveling for warlock/clerics is only in 8men parties.
Grind on mobs 10-14lvls higher than your level. (5-10lvl higher mobs - max for soloing)
Even without a premium you are going to level pretty fast.
Farming is fast and painless either at ongs or chasers later on.

Dunno, but, I think I'm gonna stick to my warlock for a long time.
I like wiz/bard build, but warlock is just too damn fun to play and annoy people in pvp.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:19 am 
Banned User

thx nice guides

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:54 am 

i noticed it says by cosmicity or w/e.. is that you? or is this guide some1 elses?

im also wondering which single DoT's to get, i mean theres no point getting all 4, which should i drop?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:42 am 
Frequent Member

warfire6395 wrote:
i noticed it says by cosmicity or w/e.. is that you? or is this guide some1 elses?

im also wondering which single DoT's to get, i mean theres no point getting all 4, which should i drop?

It was the name of my old Warlock/Cleric but by the time I wanted to change it, I had lost the Photoshop file. I'll change it if/when I remake this guide. =]

If you don't want to get all the DoTs then I suggest you only get Decayed and Curse Breath. They're the more useful of the four single-target ones.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:14 pm 

So whats your lvl now? When's update coming?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:48 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

What do u think is better for leveling? noise and speed from bard? or when u reach 40+, Recovery division from cleric? I don't care too much on PVP cuz i'm going to ksro.. :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:57 pm 
Common Member

f3rnandox wrote:
What do u think is better for leveling? noise and speed from bard? or when u reach 40+, Recovery division from cleric? I don't care too much on PVP cuz i'm going to ksro.. :P

Warlocks can heal themselves with attacks so I'm guessing bard. Basically you run around casting 1-2 curses on everything getting berserk every 5 minutes then 1 curse per mob. Noise stops you from getting too mobbed and speed allows you to run around much faster so...i'd say warlock/bard. It doesn't seem to me that they need tons of def from bless (if they're hybrid even more so).

I'm going to make a warlock/bard after I lvl my wiz/bard to lvl 50.

空が太陽を抱きまどろむ君は僕に
不屈の美

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:28 pm 

Fug_Dup wrote:
warfire6395 wrote:

It was the name of my old Warlock/Cleric but by the time I wanted to change it, I had lost the Photoshop file. I'll change it if/when I remake this guide. =]

If you don't want to get all the DoTs then I suggest you only get Decayed and Curse Breath. They're the more useful of the four single-target ones.

thx, and btw i cant wait for ur lock/bard guide xD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:27 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Junsai wrote:
Warlocks can heal themselves with attacks so I'm guessing bard. Basically you run around casting 1-2 curses on everything getting berserk every 5 minutes then 1 curse per mob. Noise stops you from getting too mobbed and speed allows you to run around much faster so...i'd say warlock/bard. It doesn't seem to me that they need tons of def from bless (if they're hybrid even more so).

But, those heal attacks aren't so fast, i think i could't kill a giant at my same lvl, or 2 lvls high... And do you think that speed could avoid the mobs attacks?, casting a Cusrt to a mob, will it get killed before hit me?.. I don't know ^^. Some High lvl Warlock INT maybe got the answer. ^^

Sorry for my disgusting english X_X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:10 am 
Common Member

f3rnandox wrote:
Junsai wrote:

But, those heal attacks aren't so fast, i think i could't kill a giant at my same lvl, or 2 lvls high... And do you think that speed could avoid the mobs attacks?, casting a Cusrt to a mob, will it get killed before hit me?.. I don't know ^^. Some High lvl Warlock INT maybe got the answer. ^^

Sorry for my disgusting english X_X

If you are in a good area 2 curses are good enough. By the tiem you run to the next mob the other one shouldbe dead/almost dead. You shouldn't take too much damage either. I usually do 2 curses and run to the next mob if I get hit then I will do 2 curses and a healing attack. Then repeat. Noise is very helpful in the not getting mobbed area and so is the speed buff. You run very ast so you can get away from the mob and move to the next faster making for a less chance of getting attacked by the mob you just crses or at least get attacked by it for less time then it usually would if you didn't have the speed buffs. I also hae a warlock/cleric and i only use cleric when I get mobbed for the bless spell of course but for healing I don't use/need it. I barely use potions as well. Now on my warlock/bard getting mobbed isn't even an issue making cleric more obsolete. I don't need the heal from my cleric side because I only use it when I need healing but I don't need healing because of noise. In pvp it has less def then sub cleric but to me warlock/bard is more of a party class.

Here is a good video of a warlock/bard

Code: Select all

You'll have zerk like every 5 minutes so heres a vid with zerk.

And one more warlock/bard video

Hope this helps.

空が太陽を抱きまどろむ君は僕に
不屈の美

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:57 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Ok thx. I decided to be bard... :P! Speed and Noise FTW. but i'm gonna be like 1:8 str:int or maybe 1:7. What do u think?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:03 pm 
Common Member

f3rnandox wrote:
Ok thx. I decided to be bard... :P! Speed and Noise FTW. but i'm gonna be like 1:8 str:int or maybe 1:7. What do u think?

I was thinking about this earlier today too. I have a 1:7 warlock/cleric so I was thinking of a 1:8 this time.

空が太陽を抱きまどろむ君は僕に
不屈の美

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:17 am 

First of all, I would like to say HOLY CRAP THIS GUIDE IS FRICKEN AWESOME. :banghead:

Ahem. This may have been mentioned already, but I would like to know what gap I would have to grind at if I only want the main Cleric skills. (The ones which stay on even after I switch back to Warlock Rod) Thanks.

PS. And what those skills would be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:48 pm 
Casual Member

Farm 20K SP until lvl 32... then 3 gap until lvl 44... 0 gap to get trap here... farm until 52 againd and then you can balance your gap in 2 or 4...

just get bless + recovery division + holy word.... IMO that 16 sec healing spell help when we zerk and run... Ress to help friends (only one type of ress...if you play alone most of time, get normal ress OR imolation... if you play in party a lot, just get Group Ress only).. and Sacrifice is always fun...

Dont mind getting those str/int/def buffs... you may think they are usefull.. and they really are.. but you are not a Cleric... you can get those Phys/Mag def Buffs later if you really want.

well.. just my opnion...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:47 am 

pequenoleao wrote:
Farm 20K SP until lvl 32... then 3 gap until lvl 44... 0 gap to get trap here... farm until 52 againd and then you can balance your gap in 2 or 4...

just get bless + recovery division + holy word.... IMO that 16 sec healing spell help when we zerk and run... Ress to help friends (only one type of ress...if you play alone most of time, get normal ress OR imolation... if you play in party a lot, just get Group Ress only).. and Sacrifice is always fun...

Dont mind getting those str/int/def buffs... you may think they are usefull.. and they really are.. but you are not a Cleric... you can get those Phys/Mag def Buffs later if you really want.

well.. just my opnion...

Okay, thanks. One more thing... How do I farm 20k SP by 32? Is there a way for me to keep a constant gap all the way from Lv 1?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:31 am 
Valued Member

Hocomest wrote:
pequenoleao wrote:

well.. just my opnion...

Okay, thanks. One more thing... How do I farm 20k SP by 32? Is there a way for me to keep a constant gap all the way from Lv 1?

You would need a 6 gap all the way from level 1 to 29, a 7 gap from 30 to 31, and an 8 gap from 31 to 32. You should consider just taking Warlock with 10 bard for speed at first because farming at low levels is hard for Euros.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:55 pm 

Advancechao wrote:
Hocomest wrote:
pequenoleao wrote:

well.. just my opnion...

You would need a 6 gap all the way from level 1 to 29, a 7 gap from 30 to 31, and an 8 gap from 31 to 32. You should consider just taking Warlock with 10 bard for speed at first because farming at low levels is hard for Euros.

Thanks a ton for the numbers. It sure is a lot to farm... But, I think I'll be party-grinding most of the time so I'll be alright without Bard skills.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:41 am 
Casual Member

Hm, warlock suddenly started interesting me. Although, I've been farming and I have I selected 66 strenght points. Right now the strenght-intelligence ratio is 104:41. Do you think its too late for me to make my character some sort of hybrid warlock build? I could go full int from now onwards if you think it would make a good character when reaching around level 60. Right now I am level 22.(farming)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:02 am 
Valued Member

kleptomaniac wrote:
Hm, warlock suddenly started interesting me. Although, I've been farming and I have I selected 66 strenght points. Right now the strenght-intelligence ratio is 104:41. Do you think its too late for me to make my character some sort of hybrid warlock build? I could go full int from now onwards if you think it would make a good character when reaching around level 60. Right now I am level 22.(farming)

66 STR would make a very heavy hybrid. Most people put in around 30, sometimes more and sometimes less. If you went INT right now, your skills would be kind of weak because your INT is already lagging behind, and it will lag behind until the high levels. Even then you would do less damage than others, but make up for it with 1~2k extra HP and additional physical defense. I know someone who went crazy with the STR and ended up having 17k HP at the cap- she could tank quite well but was outdamaged frequently.

A good choice would be to go STR warlock, instead, since you already have STR put in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:54 pm 
Frequent Member

Wow this thread is up to 16 pages! ^_^

Warlock requires a ton of farming, being a selfish warlock isnt as bad as a full farmed warlock/cleric. Alot of people debate the whole issue of pure or hybridness, hell almost 13 pages of this thread is a disscussion and lots of other threads ask about it. There are pros anc cons to each way, just personal taste really. I could never decide so my char sits there with 15 attribute points (5 lvls worth) untill I decide if I miss the int. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:12 am 
Frequent Member

Sorry for kinda ditching this thread guys. I quit Silkroad about a month ago to focus on work and Real Life© in general. I got about halfway done with the updated warlock/cleric and then I totally lost motivation to finish it.

So I want to thank all you guys that are answering questions to new people that are interested in this build. =) I haven't completely abandoned this thread and I do intend to finish the guide. It'll just take longer than expected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:47 am 
Banned User

WTF ALEX YOU QUIT? I've barely played at all the last month.. but the times I have been on I was wondering where you were :\.
Did you get 90 on your bardlock? I was thinking of quitting too but decided not yet... are you just taking a break or quitforgood? :cry:
if you're gone for good... I was making a bard mainly to be bardbuddies with you D: that would suck ><

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:02 pm 
Casual Member

kleptomaniac wrote:

Make a Warrior/Lock.. killing machine @ pvp.
Get only vampire, debuffs, ... well.. read the Warrior/log guide... it´s very good to!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:19 am 
Casual Member

But this guide does not tell u which skills to get for both classes.
Someone tell me?
Thnx.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:38 pm 

^Stop being lazy, and read the guide again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:35 am 
Banned User

Nitro wrote:
^Stop being lazy, and read the guide again.

own3d!

@guide: very very nice guide my new char on Vsro is going to be a warlock/cleric and this guide was very usefull
thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:42 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This has got to be the best guide ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:42 am 
Frequent Member

jeansl10 wrote:
@guide: very very nice guide my new char on Vsro is going to be a warlock/cleric and this guide was very usefull
thanks

Glad it helped. You're welcome. Image
Tsume wrote:
This has got to be the best guide ever.

Thanks! =)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next