Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:23 pm 
Advanced Member

I don't know if I've stated this before, but anyone with Ice Wall activated is dangerous.

With Ice Wall activated, debuffs won't work, hp leech skills won't work, shield trash won't work, stun won't work, sleep won't work, and bloody trap won't work. You also can't destroy the wall because you only do int attacks.

I suggest you run around a bit to get them to lower the wall for a moment. Thats your opening to attack. Against bow users with Ice Wall, run farther. lol

What you do or say in any game is a small extension of who you really are. It's the anonymity that can allow them to show their true self, or who they would be if there was no "penalty" for their actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:18 pm 
Frequent Member

Da_Realest wrote:
I don't know if I've stated this before, but anyone with Ice Wall activated is dangerous.

With Ice Wall activated, debuffs won't work, hp leech skills won't work, shield trash won't work, stun won't work, sleep won't work, and bloody trap won't work. You also can't destroy the wall because you only do int attacks.

I suggest you run around a bit to get them to lower the wall for a moment. Thats your opening to attack. Against bow users with Ice Wall, run farther. lol

O.O

Oh wow, that seems dangerous haha. No one has tried this one me before because I guess they just assume Ice Wall would be pointless for an Int-based opponent.

But yeah, I guess just staying out of their attack range would be the best solution lol. :D

(I really need to update this guide soon, lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:37 pm 

Nice guide. One thing in ur signature i see someone with xbow... so u changed warlock for it? WHY? xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:09 pm 
Frequent Member

Zygis wrote:
Nice guide. One thing in ur signature i see someone with xbow... so u changed warlock for it? WHY? xD

I'm still trying different Euro builds and looking at different possibilities. I'm actually farming another one right now. =]

The warlock/cleric is a very good combination no doubt (and actually has better survivability than my rogue) but it's always important to explore other options. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:32 pm 
Common Member

I loved the way you wrote the guide,

Why not make another 1 with bard.

I dont see any around, they can be pretty good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:00 am 
Frequent Member

uncoated wrote:

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I'd qualify to make one since I've never use the Bard class as my main class, but I do have friends that are Int with a Bard sub-class that could help me. xD

I'll definitely take it into consideration. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:34 am 
Casual Member

hey fug,

so can you comment on the difficulty of fighting someone at your level (or higher) who has Holy Word/Spell buff? I mean what's the % of your curses/razes getting resisted? 50%? 75%? 100%?

I guess you can explain based on your experiences pvp/jobwar etc when you tried pulling warlock spells off opponents with the holy word and vice versa, ie. when your enemy tried to do the same but failed...

many thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:27 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

question: with this warlock/cleric character, did you have to farm? and if so, when and where?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:56 pm 

i love ur guide an update would be cool too but i heard warlocks get zerk all the time how does that work (im following guide but im low lv so i dint no)

there is no such thing as offline there is only AFK!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:07 am 
Valued Member

I love your guide! It's very easy on the eyes and has excellent information. I am farming my warlock/cleric right now with inspiration from this guide. A small difference I made is that I am not going to be a "Selfish Cleric." Since Warlocks and Clerics both use shields, wear robes, and are full INT, I decided to be a party cleric just in case a party ever needs one. Perfect combination. It requires 80k SP for lvl 60 of each mastery and all the important skills. I've 10k today so far =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:07 pm 
Common Member

Fug_Dup wrote:
uncoated wrote:

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I'd qualify to make one since I've never use the Bard class as my main class, but I do have friends that are Int with a Bard sub-class that could help me. xD

I'll definitely take it into consideration. :)

looking forward to it ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:35 am 
Frequent Member

silverbreed wrote:
i love ur guide an update would be cool too but i heard warlocks get zerk all the time how does that work (im following guide but im low lv so i dint no)

I'm really not sure how the zerk thing works lol. It just does! 0_0

It doesn't take much time before the zerk guage gets full, so you can pretty much have zerk all times. :) I have a video of me grinding that I've been meaning to post that shows just how quickly Warlocks get zerk.

@ Advancechao

Thanks for the compliments and good luck on your character! :D

A Full Cleric tree would always be better than my 'selfish cleric', but the only reason I made it as such was to save time in farming SP. :) I only farmed the most necessary skills that would help my warlock class when I PvP.

@oneshot_xdb

I didn't formally farm when I wanted to, but I levelled with a 2-3 level gap which helped me obtain all the SP I required. =]

@gongjaied

Unfortunately, any de-buffs that have an equal or lower level than the Holy Word/Spell skill will not be functional.

The Cleric Holy Spell skill, although disables the use of debuffs, does not render your build useless. You are still able to use plenty of skills that will still work to your advantage. (Reflect, Daze, Wheel Bind, Dusk Armor, etc) , and best of all, you can still do Offering. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:05 pm 

i was farming a euro for xbow/cleric but now i saw this guide im think about making it warlock/cleric ^^ great guide but i do have a question

what is the highest lvl pt mob you can kill (and your own lvl)?

water elements D3/4
fire elements D3/4
earth elements D3/4
wind elements D3/4

and a few sos´es,, look at topic
http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=91081

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:32 pm 
Valued Member

Hi again, I'm done farming my Warlock/Party Cleric and I'm in the upper 20s. Right now I am surprised how Warlocks can solo party mobs their level with no trouble. My rogue could never handle them without a lot of cumbersome weapon switching and bless spell + healing cycle. The party cleric side of the character is also working very well. One thing I like to do is cast bless spell, put physical raze and bleed on all the monsters the warrior is attacking, then switch back to cleric rod and quickly recast the INT/STR buffs.
Only one thing really annoys me. Stun and sleep are amazing skills, but for some reason my pet always wakes the monster up when it is sleeping. Is that supposed to happen? I had to make it non-aggressive so that I could keep debuffing the monster in peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:24 am 
Frequent Member

Advancechao wrote:
Hi again, I'm done farming my Warlock/Party Cleric and I'm in the upper 20s. Right now I am surprised how Warlocks can solo party mobs their level with no trouble. My rogue could never handle them without a lot of cumbersome weapon switching and bless spell + healing cycle. The party cleric side of the character is also working very well. One thing I like to do is cast bless spell, put physical raze and bleed on all the monsters the warrior is attacking, then switch back to cleric rod and quickly recast the INT/STR buffs.
Only one thing really annoys me. Stun and sleep are amazing skills, but for some reason my pet always wakes the monster up when it is sleeping. Is that supposed to happen? I had to make it non-aggressive so that I could keep debuffing the monster in peace.

The slumber skill can be really tricky if you don't know how it works, but it's a really good skill in the end. xD

Any big damage done to the target will wake them when they have sleep status on them which isn't very convenient but its still a very useful skill. :) It gets interesting later on though when you acquire the Bloody Trap skill which will allow you to damage your opponent while they have Sleep Status on them.

In a nutshell, it'll be a very useful skill on the future once you have acquired more advanced skills but for now it's best you keep using it as an interrupter for monster attacks and avoid being hit often. =)

@whiteraven

I have stopped levelling my war/cler for a while in order to test out more builds, but my level 62 character was able to kill level 64 mobs pretty efficiently. Of course, you'll also need to have very good gear because skills alone won't save you from a monster's damage. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:19 am 
Common Member

Everyitme i cast vampire touch, and it gives desease, it increases the chance of my debuffs to work, even if the guy is higher lvl than me 0_0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:52 pm 
Frequent Member

uncoated wrote:
Everyitme i cast vampire touch, and it gives desease, it increases the chance of my debuffs to work, even if the guy is higher lvl than me 0_0

Yeah, gotta love Disease Status. <3 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:59 pm 
Common Member

Hey Fug_Dup, should i stop upgrading shadow armor?

i dont seem to be using it much at all, it only works when the enemy is close to me , and i dotn want them clsoe to me at anytime :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:14 pm 
Ex-Staff

uncoated wrote:

i dont seem to be using it much at all, it only works when the enemy is close to me , and i dotn want them clsoe to me at anytime :P

But sometimes you just can't help it and they do...I think it is a great skill for any upclose attacker (PvE and PvP). I would get all of Shadow Armor.

For example, your fighting a glavie in pvp, you de buff him fully then he runs up to you, you turn on Shadow armor which increases dmg to him even more. Game over. :P

cSRO / Division 2 / Pure STR Bow / Lv 65

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:42 pm 
Valued Member

uncoated wrote:

I thought it was useless at first, too. But it does as much damage as DoTs and makes quite the difference. I would only use it in 1 vs 1 situations (since you do not want to attract monsters to you) and only after everything else has been casted on the enemy. For example, you might use Impotent, Division, Bleed, Dull, Wheel Bind, and only after that, Shadow Armor. With the three DoT skills you might be doing an extra 1k damage per second :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:29 pm 
Common Member

yeah, but if the guy is still close to me, im dead =D,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:51 pm 
Valued Member

uncoated wrote:
yeah, but if the guy is still close to me, im dead =D,

It depends. Are you using Bless Spell? Is the person using a SoX weapon? Warlocks shouldn't die too fast. Either way, it's good for extra damage, simple as that. Plus, it's fun to turn it on and run around DW hitting high levels for 15 damage ^^

I have a question for you Fug_Dup. I have been noticing that stun never lasts the full 5 seconds as said in the skill description. Can you tell me why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:27 am 
Veteran Member

Wow nice guide... It had everything I needed =)... I followed this guide for my warlock . Its lvl 53 and pwning =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:52 pm 
Common Member

I don't understand, what is the difference between Healing Division and Recovery Division? Cause Recovery Division is for lvl 40, so I can't have it at the 2x. Does HD do the same thing as RD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:50 pm 
Valued Member

Arwald wrote:
I don't understand, what is the difference between Healing Division and Recovery Division? Cause Recovery Division is for lvl 40, so I can't have it at the 2x. Does HD do the same thing as RD?

Recovery Division is a buff that lasts for 5 minutes and heals you every five seconds if you lose HP. Healing Division is an active skill that instantly seeks out the person in the party with the least HP and heals them plus a person nearby. So they are basically the same thing but Healing Division must be used with a cleric rod and is not a buff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:05 am 
Frequent Member

Advancechao wrote:
I have a question for you Fug_Dup. I have been noticing that stun never lasts the full 5 seconds as said in the skill description. Can you tell me why?

For some reason, curses and other damage tend to interrupt Stun status causing it to leave the target earlier than described. Try to use stun just as a skill interrupter, not as a sure-fire way to completely stop your target. It just gives you about 3-4 seconds to throw some de-buffs or quickly switch to cleric and do Offering. xD

@magisuns

Glad to hear you're enjoying the build! xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:44 am 

uncoated wrote:

This is so true mate, i tried this too....
The Vampire Touch gives disease and the debuffs go on him from the 1st cast... without casting The Vampire Touch, you need to cast them at least twice... so this is a must use skill before the debuffs.

BTW this guide is awesome, i am using it step by step and in 8 men pt warlocks are must have, cuz on pt mobs we lower the mob's attack power plus increase our phy/mag attack power, therefore the pt mobs die faster.

I'm just wondering, should I get the buffs for str/int for the cleric or just bless spell, rec. div., and that holy word ? what else?
I also got the shield trash, it's so useful for the warlock...

2 Thumbs up for this guide mate, awesome stuff with the Ps too :) I love Ps.

Warlocks FTW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:21 am 
Valued Member

Astra wrote:
uncoated wrote:

This is so true mate, i tried this too....
The Vampire Touch gives disease and the debuffs go on him from the 1st cast... without casting The Vampire Touch, you need to cast them at least twice... so this is a must use skill before the debuffs.

BTW this guide is awesome, i am using it step by step and in 8 men pt warlocks are must have, cuz on pt mobs we lower the mob's attack power plus increase our phy/mag attack power, therefore the pt mobs die faster.

I'm just wondering, should I get the buffs for str/int for the cleric or just bless spell, rec. div., and that holy word ? what else?
I also got the shield trash, it's so useful for the warlock...
Warlocks FTW

The STR/INT buffs are entirely optional. However if you decide to get them you might as well go full party cleric and get most of the healing skills. If you have the SP to to get the entire Cleric tree as well as your Warlock tree, you can be wonderfully flexible in parties. Just today I was both a party cleric and a warlock, allowing the party to carry on after the main cleric logged off. Like you said, Warlocks are VERY good in parties and are often underestimated for their abilities. Scream Mask alone is enough to invite one. I like to cast it on the wizards so that when they do AOE nukes they stun a bunch of mobs at once. Another good target would be the healers so that when monsters attack them, the monster may be stunned, allowing the healer time to escape. The debuffs are awesome for party monsters all around.

EDIT: Since you have warrior mastery at level 10, I assume your cleric mastery is 10 below your warlock mastery. In that case, don't get the buffs. They would be a full degree behind =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:31 am 

So I should stick with the cleric skills from the guide ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:44 am 
Banned User

wow, what a fruking awsome guide, i love it! And its really awsome, omfg seriously, congrats
<3 dr :D

"Hank Moody: Sorry, I'm late. I just, uh...
Charlie Runkle: You just what?
Hank Moody: Nah, that's all I got. "

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next