Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:40 pm 
Story Teller

Thanks for the answers on the slumber skill.

Regarding that other post where the poster mentioned that using bloody trap then slumber does not cause them to wake up, he said it in a confusing way. He actually means that if you do nothing before the trap explodes the target will stay awake, but you can still interrupt it with anything.

I am still interesting in knowing if those curses will wake you up if you cast them first then slumber, but I guess that is still inconclusive. It might depend on the curse, but that's just a guess since I don't have a warlock yet.

I would also like to know if you can use those expensive pills to get rid of razes and slumber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:47 pm 
Frequent Member

torinchibi wrote:
Thanks for the answers on the slumber skill.

Regarding that other post where the poster mentioned that using bloody trap then slumber does not cause them to wake up, he said it in a confusing way. He actually means that if you do nothing before the trap explodes the target will stay awake, but you can still interrupt it with anything.

I am still interesting in knowing if those curses will wake you up if you cast them first then slumber, but I guess that is still inconclusive. It might depend on the curse, but that's just a guess since I don't have a warlock yet.

I would also like to know if you can use those expensive pills to get rid of razes and slumber.

Ahhh, I see what you mean hehe. :D

This is what I've found out: Curses alone will break the Slumber spell. (Ex: You cast curses, then cast Slumber. The next hit from curses will break Slumber.) BUT, if you cast curses plus a Bloody Trap, and finally Slumber, the curses continue to damage the target while under Sleep Status and they won't wake until they receive damage from another person or monster.

And yes, you can use the expensive pills to get rid of these statuses but the pill level has to be higher or equal to level of Slumber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:47 pm 
Valued Member

Is "shield trash" worth getting?

Because I have bard at lvl 10 for the 'moving march,' but I do not know if replacing it with warrior lvl 10 for 'shield trash' would come in hand better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:36 pm 
Frequent Member

boast wrote:
Is "shield trash" worth getting?

Because I have bard at lvl 10 for the 'moving march,' but I do not know if replacing it with warrior lvl 10 for 'shield trash' would come in hand better.

Definitely lol

It's almost like having a second stun skill. xD The timing of the skill works well with the timing of Daze, so you can alternate between skills to interrupt your opponent. Really helpful in PvP. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:06 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Would the Cleric Sub-Class work well with a Wizard as the main?

Oh and awesome guide :D
Your making me want to make Warlock when I want to make Wizard :(

Evil_Ranger | Level: 16 | Pure STR Ranger | Farming: 0k / 140k SP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:30 am 
Frequent Member

__Nemesis__ wrote:
Would the Cleric Sub-Class work well with a Wizard as the main?

Oh and awesome guide :D
Your making me want to make Warlock when I want to make Wizard :(

Of course =)

Cleric can pretty much work as a sub for any build. It just depends how you use the skills.

Good luck on your char. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:30 pm 
Casual Member

awesome guide i am gonna be a warlock (always wanted to be one)/cleric now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:01 pm 
Common Member

Wow, I'm not a warlock, but that guide looks really nice, GJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:47 am 

nice guide, this guide i was bothered to actually read it all, i just hate reading typed guides its very unclear and unprofessional

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:33 am 

Like many said, one of the best guild on srf :D

But i got some questions:

1- How can u run fast w.o march? If u cant run fast, it wont goes well on grinding =/

2-The charity skill needs to have cleric rod + light armor if am right but.. do we need thoses for using the skill or putting it? If we need it for using the skill then is it useful? or its only good to max it cuz its for other skills?

3- Is there a skill in this build tht does the same thing as noise? like reducing the aggro?

4- Can u buff some1 with ur cleric skills w.o being in is party? if not, then if u buff him then quit the party, will he still have the buffs?

~Thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:04 pm 
Valued Member

[SD]DamonX wrote:
3- Is there a skill in this build tht does the same thing as noise? like reducing the aggro?

i believe so, forgot what it was called.

[SD]DamonX wrote:
4- Can u buff some1 with ur cleric skills w.o being in is party?

yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:09 pm 

Im doing this build in pure int..
Its Light armor a good idea???
Or should i just stick with Robe?

*[Anarii]*-*[BlindMantis]*-*[Warlock/Cleric]*-*[1X]*-*[Greece]*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

[SD]DamonX wrote:

It's called mirage, but it's not like noise, you have to activate it every time you want to reduce your aggro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:15 pm 

[SD]DamonX wrote:
Like many said, one of the best guild on srf :D

But i got some questions:

1- How can u run fast w.o march? If u cant run fast, it wont goes well on grinding =/

2- The charity skill needs to have cleric rod + light armor if am right but.. do we need thoses for using the skill or putting it? If we need it for using the skill then is it useful? or its only good to max it cuz its for other skills?

3- Is there a skill in this build tht does the same thing as noise? like reducing the aggro? Answered, Thx!

4- Can u buff some1 with ur cleric skills w.o being in is party? if not, then if u buff him then quit the party, will he still have the buffs? Answered, Thx!

~Thx

5- How can u grind by being warlock/cleric?? cant run fast, and ull get ganged by aggro mobs often =/

6- Can a bard/cleric be good? not only to support but to solo grind?

~Thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:30 am 

2- The charity skill needs to have cleric rod + light armor if am right but.. do we need thoses for using the skill or putting it? If we need it for using the skill then is it useful? or its only good to max it cuz its for other skills?

It only works if you have light armor on and cleric rod equipped, and I wouldn't get it because you can't use any of the other skills on yourself, only on other people.

5- How can u grind by being warlock/cleric?? cant run fast, and ull get ganged by aggro mobs often =/

If you want to run faster, you could just buy speed drugs or have a bard friend buff you. And yeah, you'll probably get ganged more often then if you had noise, but Recovery Division and the other hp heal skills make up for it.

6- Can a bard/cleric be good? not only to support but to solo grind?

You wouldn't be doing the best damage or leveling up the fastest, but it's possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:44 am 

If i want a char tht hes going to get plvled almost all the way to 80, shuld i choose warlock/cleric or bard/cleric or warlock/bard if i want for this char for later to be able to grind in share party with a chinese nuker, like which build would be the best for matching a chinese nuker? cuz w.o the moving march and noise, i think the euro char will often die =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:49 am 

[SD]DamonX wrote:
If i want a char tht hes going to get plvled almost all the way to 80, shuld i choose warlock/cleric or bard/cleric or warlock/bard if i want for this char for later to be able to grind in share party with a chinese nuker, like which build would be the best for matching a chinese nuker? cuz w.o the moving march and noise, i think the euro char will often die =/

just keep ur lvl 80 char u lazy! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:17 pm 

[SD]Kratos wrote:
[SD]DamonX wrote:

just keep ur lvl 80 char u lazy! :P

If you're gonna plvl all the way to 80, why even bother playing -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:05 am 

just want to know more about that shield trash skill

does it cast real fast - ie. compared with daze; instant cast rate?

and is it worth sacrificing say 10 masteries of ur sub eg. cleric u'd lose about 2 levels of Bless and the healing spells as well

input from people who actually uses this skill please and who is high level enough with pvp experience...

Post subject: dam
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14 pm 
Frequent Member

dude really good background and guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:05 pm 
Casual Member

[SD]DamonX wrote:

Any pure int char will often die while grinding. :wink:

Playing Vsro
CurseR LvL 5x warlock / cleric
HeavenMelody LvL 3x bard / cleric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:32 pm 
Banned User

nice guide wit the graphics haha

Post subject: d
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:30 am 
Frequent Member

i am int pure with lvl 9 gap lvl 44 i am killing those muji apes or whater ever i don't know how u spell there name if you are str u still die if you are not careful int have more chance but if u know how u play it is all good like u don't want to take on 2 giants that are higher lvl than yours for str u can but it will take longer to killl but you have mre chances .

IF THERE MISTAKES WHEN I AM TYPING THIS HALF EYES ARE CLOSED SLEEPY LOLL :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

little brother wanted me to the winks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:29 pm 
Loyal Member

kloudzen wrote:
just want to know more about that shield trash skill

does it cast real fast - ie. compared with daze; instant cast rate?

and is it worth sacrificing say 10 masteries of ur sub eg. cleric u'd lose about 2 levels of Bless and the healing spells as well

input from people who actually uses this skill please and who is high level enough with pvp experience...

I am interested in the skills as well, don't know if I should add it for my warlock >_<

Also does body blessing work without the cleric rod?

Guys, I think we should promote destructionmama to Captain Obvious. :3

Post subject: sorry for dist
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:10 pm 
Banned User

hey can this holy word spell stop dull stun etc.? ( i mean warrior skills) and how many minutes it is active? and if we change weapons does it still stay? thx for answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:23 pm 
Banned User

Was looking for a warlock guide and now I'm like... Wow, best looking guide ever :love:, with excellent content to boot. Lost for words xD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:19 pm 
Common Member

i need more ideas about going hybrid or not >.<
i dont think that adding some str would decrease your damage that much especially because some skills do absolute damage anyway and arent even effected by int. but on the other hand i see rogues , wizzards and even warriors of my own lvl hiting me for so much that i think i would die even if i was pure str lol.. so if i die in 1 hit anyway i could just go pure int for as much damage as possible to kill other players with stun/offering before they hit me.. but then again warlock/clerics have so many useful skills that i dont realy want to play it like an oneshot char. i realy enjoy "tanking" someone using cleric heals and warlocks selfheal.. with more hp this would work much better even if it was just against some classes that cant kill me in 1 or 2 fast hits. and i still hope that someday, joymax will stop all that onehiting in pvp and balance this game better..

so what should i do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:53 am 

think of it this way...
reason why wizards go pure int mainly is because say 88% int balance vs 96% for fire nuke eg. is like:
10k damage vs 12k damage ?

whereas for warlock...since the nukes arent as significant...then the numbers would possibly equate to something like:
7k damage vs 7.5k damage?

the difference isn't as significant due to the lack of power therefore it would probably be worthwhile to go hybrid for warlocks...plus their strategy fits in well in that they have to try and tank/survive until their enemy dies from a slow death...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:18 pm 
Banned User

kloudzen wrote:
think of it this way...
reason why wizards go pure int mainly is because say 88% int balance vs 96% for fire nuke eg. is like:
10k damage vs 12k damage ?

whereas for warlock...since the nukes arent as significant...then the numbers would possibly equate to something like:
7k damage vs 7.5k damage?

the difference isn't as significant due to the lack of power therefore it would probably be worthwhile to go hybrid for warlocks...plus their strategy fits in well in that they have to try and tank/survive until their enemy dies from a slow death...

you don't get the point of being a warlock do you?
compare a nuke VS a DoT... my DoT at lvl 60 will harm A LOT more... but yeh, its over time
warlocks are great VS party mobs, soloing they dont do so good since they need time to cast their destructive spells...

if a warlock goes hybrid, his dmg will go down each time... so where a wizard would hit 10k compared to 12k, a warlock will do 10k compared to 15k in the long run...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:42 am 

Quote:
you don't get the point of being a warlock do you?
compare a nuke VS a DoT... my DoT at lvl 60 will harm A LOT more... but yeh, its over time
warlocks are great VS party mobs, soloing they dont do so good since they need time to cast their destructive spells...

if a warlock goes hybrid, his dmg will go down each time... so where a wizard would hit 10k compared to 12k, a warlock will do 10k compared to 15k in the long run...

What's the point for a Warlock to do Greater Damage over Time if he can't even survive long enough to cast all those spells on their enemy?

The whole POINT of being a Warlock is to survive...while diminishing your opponent's ability to fight back and rotting them to death.

And I don't believe there'll be a significant decrease in damage for Warlock spells if you're a hybrid thats around 87-90% balance vs pure Int since the damage is much lower than a Wizard. (Figures show based on the % stat of spells)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next