Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:43 pm 
Common Member

i just noticed something......your Emeth from OASIS??? lol i know you, its me bOObZILA :D small world ey? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:49 pm 
Advanced Member

Fug_Dup wrote:
Thanks! But this was only made with the knowledge I've gathered through playing this build. I'm sure other Warlock/Clerics as yourself could also offer other lots of useful tips and strategies that I may not be aware of yet. :D I believe it's best to look at more than one point of view on a subject before arriving to a conclusion.
Ok. Here's a few tips.

- Once you get the AoE DoT attacks you can get more than 2 DoTs on one opponent. Cast 2 DoT attacks on the primary target and cast 2 AoE DoT attacks on a nearby opponent.

- AoE DoT attacks are not like Wizard AoE nukes or any AoE nuke in the game. No damage is loss if you AoE DoT hits more than one target.

Ex: If 3 opponents are in range for a DoT attack, all of them will get hit for about the same amount of damage each 'tick.' Other nukes like the Chinese light nuke, and wizards nukes will do less damage to other targets because they were not the initial target of the attack.

- If you stun, you're almost guaranteed to get near full HP with Recover Division activated.

- If Recovery Division heals you at the same time you take damage and Recovery Divison's healing is greater than the damage inflicted, your HP won't move at all.

- If your zerk while in safe zone or while your opponent is in safe zone, the DoTs you already casted will do zerk damage.

- If your opponent is 2 or more threat levels higher than your skill, its nearly impossible to debuff them.

- Physical Raze and Magical Raze make changes to the opponents defense that can be seen in their stats. Physical Raze lowers the opponent's physical defense by 50 and Magical Raze lowers the opponent's magical defense by 50.

- These builds pose threats to Warlocks/Clerics(Excluding euro builds). Ordered from weakest to strongest:
Spear Pure/Hybrid
Pure Str Glaive
Sword/Shield Pure/Hybrid
Bow Builds
Pure Str Blade

- If your opponent happens to resist stun and you haven't casted a DoT yet, follow up with Slumber. The purpose of this is to cancel your opponent's attack.

- Weak attacks will not wake a person up from Slumber(Thats from what I've seen.).

- Any warrior skill that consumes their own hp will probably one skill you or seriously hurt. Any rogue skill that is 300% or higher will one hit you. Any wizard nuke will one hit you. A good rogue or wizard will probably one hit you even while debuffed. Its best to stun them during the charge animation for those skills.

Scenarios:

A rogue stealths and you are alone standing. If it's a dagger rogue, there is a 99% chance that he/she will attack first with Prick. The skill is so slow that you have time to stun them in the middle of the animation. If you don't kill them before stun wears off, you probably won't win. If the rogue is using crossbow, just hope that they are dumb enough to appear close enough to you so you can stun them during their strongest attack. Luckily, most rogues are cocky so they will most likely be in range for a stun.

Against a wizard who is invisible, the strategy is pretty much the same. Wait until they appear and stun them. 2 DoTs and a nuke should bring them down. The only way you can lose is if you get affected by fear. Luckily, most wizards only care about big damage numbers and won't bother to level up fear much. Holy Ward will resist and you will win.

Against warriors, there is a 99% chance they will cast their buffs and rush you with Sprint Assault. While they are buffing, that is your chance to activate Reflect. If Sprint Assault stuns you, there is a 90% chance they will use their attack that consumes their hp(They will use regardless if stuns you or not). There isn't much you can do besides hope you block the hit(s) and survive. Hopefully you managed to inflict some damage unto them with Reflect. If Sprint Assault didn't stun you, stun them. Debuff them, cast 2 DoTs, and nuke. Be sure to use Vampire Touch during the fight in anticipation of a critical.

Against bards, stun and kill them.

Against other warlocks, play smart and fast. Be sure to stun them first or you may never have the chance to attack again..

Against clerics, they will most likely have Holy Ward maxed at their lvl so debuffs will be useless. Stun them and cast your DoTs so they will never be able to cast Offering. Nuke them until they are dead.

- If you're being ganged or really want to defeat a single opponent, cast Reflect and Bless Spell.

Hope this helps.

What you do or say in any game is a small extension of who you really are. It's the anonymity that can allow them to show their true self, or who they would be if there was no "penalty" for their actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:27 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Question about stat ,wouldnt be better to be 90% int balance hybrid , it will not much affect your dots and nukes due to debuffs , and will give you about 1k more hp at lvl 80 which i think is worth sacrificing a little smaller dmg
Full int without items 4732 hp with perfect stuff 8,5k hp 112% mag
Hybrid 90% without items 5783 hp with perfect stuff 9.6k hp 106% mag
if i good count
So worth or not ;]

Sawaranu kami-ni tatari nashi. Stay away from everything that can harm you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:17 pm 
Casual Member

WOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!
GREAT PRESENTATION!!! i like it.... and detailed.....

nothing i have to say......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:00 pm 
Frequent Member

Micheeels wrote:
Wow. Amazing. Great guide! The graphics look very professional and the context shows that you know 'bout what you're talking.

thanks, glad you like it. :)
glavie wrote:
Great guide, but I have a few questions / comments

I have to scroll side to side a lot :( could it be narrowed up a bit?

Is there a txt version available so I can print it?

Was there any warloc skills you left out? If so why?

I will try to work on an alternate version soon which requires less space and possibly a printable version as well. =)

There were around 3-4 skills I didn't use because I haven't noticed much change when using them. Fog Sight, Wheel Bind, Mirage are 3 that I can remember not talking about, but if theres a greater, more noticeable difference in the future i'll update the guide accordingly. :]
MALDITO wrote:
Nice guide but i have 2 points to discuss:
- I don't agree in using robe instead of light armor, i feel light armor is "in general" more useful along the game.
- Would you post your skill bars ?

I've tried using light armor instead of robe before but I can't say it helped me much. I found my robe items to give me more protection where needed. I'll be trying both light armor and robe once i'm able to wear full 8th degree and post the results.

Guide updated with my skill bars. :)
Mefra wrote:
Oh yeah, could you perhaps post the skills that stay after switching weapons? Cause I'm thinking of subbing my rogue with warlock...(or cleric, don't know which one yet ;))

Warlock has no skills that stay after a weapon switch AFAIK, but party Advanced Reflect might stay on the party later on. For Cleric, Recovery Division, Bless Spell, Healing Cycle, Holy Word/Spell, are some of the skills that will stay on you after switching weapons.
TemJiN wrote:
i just noticed something......your Emeth from OASIS??? lol i know you, its me bOObZILA :D small world ey? :D

LOL heya! XD yupyup it's me =)
Da_Realest wrote:
- post -

Wowee, that's a lot of good info! =) I'd say it's a more advanced view on build which can really be useful to those who have most of the basics down already. Anyway, nice tips. :D I think you should make the advanced version of my guide for more detailed information. :)
sculi wrote:
Question about stat ,wouldnt be better to be 90% int balance hybrid , it will not much affect your dots and nukes due to debuffs , and will give you about 1k more hp at lvl 80 which i think is worth sacrificing a little smaller dmg
Full int without items 4732 hp with perfect stuff 8,5k hp 112% mag
Hybrid 90% without items 5783 hp with perfect stuff 9.6k hp 106% mag
if i good count
So worth or not ;]

Personally, I found pure INT to be better - for now. I say for now because the dynamics of the game could (and most likely will) change at the higher levels (75+) so I've still yet to see if maybe sacrificing power for survivability is worth it or not. :) as for now, being pure INT hasn't posed any issues yet PvP or PvE-wise.
dakocemenih wrote:
WOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!
GREAT PRESENTATION!!! i like it.... and detailed.....

nothing i have to say......

tyy ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:32 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi, first of all, nice guide.
Well I'm a cleric lvl 53 right now and i havent chosen another mastery yet, and im serously thinking about warlock. The thing is, since you are lvl 60 could you please post some videos of you warlock in pve and pvp thanx =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:47 pm 
Common Member

Hmm, I don't think you'll need Healing Orbit, Holy Recovery, Recovery and Group recovery, cause all you really need is healing cycle lvl 1 + Bless Spell, till you reach lvl 40 where you get Recovery Division, which is all you really need to survive. Those other skills (listed above) are useless, and eat up too much SP IMO.

Also, you should at least get 1 res skill, cause sooner or later you will lvl in share parties, and res will be useful if the cleric dies or is too busy healing the party to res someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:50 pm 
Common Member

Fug_Dup wrote:
Warlock has no skills that stay after a weapon switch AFAIK

You can use Mirage without warlock rod :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:57 pm 
Frequent Member

Etrad wrote:
Hmm, I don't think you'll need Healing Orbit, Holy Recovery, Recovery and Group recovery, cause all you really need is healing cycle lvl 1 + Bless Spell, till you reach lvl 40 where you get Recovery Division, which is all you really need to survive. Those other skills (listed above) are useless, and eat up too much SP IMO.

Also, you should at least get 1 res skill, cause sooner or later you will lvl in share parties, and res will be useful if the cleric dies or is too busy healing the party to res someone.

The healers come into play when you're being attacked by many opponents at once. It's also mostly for jobbing so you and your whole party can be healed immediately.

Currently I have 3 ress skills which I got whenever I was unsure to be cleric main or warlock main, and I hardly ever use them. The least expensive (SP-wise) ress skill there is would be Reverse Oblation. It doesn't require much SP to resshigher level players and the first level of RO is able to ress players up to level 60 if I'm not mistaken. Of course the consequence of having only Reverse Oblation would be the damage decrease but it's better then having no ress at all I s'pose. :P
MALDITO wrote:
You can use Mirage without warlock rod ;)

I was referring to more permanent buffs of both Warlock and Cleric. The more permanent buffs would be skills like Reflect or Scream Mask. Mirage isn't really a buff IMO. (And it hardly ever works, especially when you have Recovery Division activated). :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:36 pm 
BIG PHATT STICKY

awesome guide bro. n one of the guides we still needed!

:love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:43 pm 
Frequent Member

cin wrote:
BIG PHATT STICKY

awesome guide bro. n one of the guides we still needed!

:love:

w00t! thank you v. much ^__^ :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:11 pm 
Common Member

EM, what skills (cleric) would you suggest i get if i only wanna use it for PVP/PVE and that would stay on me when switching weap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:36 pm 

TemJiN wrote:
EM, what skills (cleric) would you suggest i get if i only wanna use it for PVP/PVE and that would stay on me when switching weap?

Most important are probably Healing Cycle/Recovery Division and Bless Spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:09 am 
Common Member

whiteforest wrote:
TemJiN wrote:

and these would stay on when i switch to staff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:24 am 

TemJiN wrote:
whiteforest wrote:
TemJiN wrote:

Yup, they would stay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:51 am 
Casual Member

Holy Word is also suggested by him in the guide. Makes you immune to certain curses I believe (or reduce how long they last) Lasts after you switch weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:03 am 
Story Teller

I would like to know exactly how sleep works. The things I am specifically interested in are:

Cast Speed
Recast Rate
Resistances - does it work against same lvl Holy Word or does it get resisted
Interrupt methods - and this one is really important. Does it get interrupted if the target is hit? Does it get interrupted if you raze after casting it. Does it get interrupted if you curse after it. If you use Bloody Trap after it. If the answer to the first one is yes, I still want to know about the rest.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:29 am 
Common Member

just want to say awesome guide

I thought organized text guides were good,
colored text (read-able) and pictures were great.
Now you've created a new standard!

Guild: DaRk_DrEaMs

Free Game Music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:11 am 
Common Member

whiteforest wrote:
TemJiN wrote:
whiteforest wrote:
TemJiN wrote:

Yup, they would stay.

welp, thats it then.....i'm dropping Bard...goodbye March speed and noise :( but in hopes of living longer and not dying as much lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:30 am 
Common Member

@torinchibi
i castet holyword on another player and then tried to debuff him with these skills that reduce defence and he resistet all of them (both skills were up to my mastery lvl) so i think holyword makes the whole 3rd skillline useless. i also tried sleep and it broke after casting dots and even after casting a debuff that doesnt do any dmg.
about bloody trap.. well i guess you are asking because of the things that other guy in the other warlock guide said. im not sure if im right because i dont have this skill yet but i think he ment that bloody trap causes a bug or something like that, which will prevent sleep to break until bloody trap explodes or the 20 seconds of sleep are over.
sleep is ment to break after the next hit on its target but maybe if you cast bloody trap before sleeping , the game takes bloody trap for the next skill on this target and ignores all other spells that you will cast during that time... but thats just my thought.. someone who got this skill should try it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:33 pm 
Frequent Member

UPDATED! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:21 pm 

Heheh nice new version :)

Though, I had a question about wheel bind, what does it do exactly? Would it only really be used for pvp only, or is it useful for mobs too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:36 am 
Advanced Member

whiteforest wrote:
Heheh nice new version :)

Though, I had a question about wheel bind, what does it do exactly? Would it only really be used for pvp only, or is it useful for mobs too?
It supposedly makes cleric skills heal less hp and pots heal less hp.

What you do or say in any game is a small extension of who you really are. It's the anonymity that can allow them to show their true self, or who they would be if there was no "penalty" for their actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:06 am 
Frequent Member

torinchibi wrote:
I would like to know exactly how sleep works. The things I am specifically interested in are:

Cast Speed
Recast Rate
Resistances - does it work against same lvl Holy Word or does it get resisted
Interrupt methods - and this one is really important. Does it get interrupted if the target is hit? Does it get interrupted if you raze after casting it. Does it get interrupted if you curse after it. If you use Bloody Trap after it. If the answer to the first one is yes, I still want to know about the rest.

Thanks in advance.

Cast Speed- About a second (it casts immediately)
Recast Rate- 4 sec (I may be wrong)
Resistance- It gets resisted because Slumber goes under Curses, and Holy Word resists curses :p
Interrupt Methods- This one is a bit confusing. Yesterday I was PvPing and testing stuff out with my friend. I casted Bloody Trap on him + 1 curse, and I casted Slumber last. He kept getting hit and Slumber was still active. BUT.. When I tried debuffing, cursing, or nuking him he'd wake up. (even though curse was damaging him in the first place) Then I tried it another time and Slumber was disabled instantly because of the curse's damage. So yeah, even I'm not sure completely what does and doesn't work alongside Slumber. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:23 pm 
Common Member

I have a question about Bloody Trap, since I'm only a lvl 28 Warlock / Cleric.

I've been reading around a bit, and I know after you cast this spell it makes a skull appear over an enemy's head, and it detonates randomly somewhere between 5 and 20 seconds (or something close to that). However, I'm just curious as to how much damage this skill does. If anyone could clue me in I'd be most grateful. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:02 am 
Valued Member

how many debuffs can you put on one mob at a time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:17 am 
Advanced Member

boast wrote:
how many debuffs can you put on one mob at a time?
There is no debuff limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:29 am 
Frequent Member

Spellbinder wrote:

I've been reading around a bit, and I know after you cast this spell it makes a skull appear over an enemy's head, and it detonates randomly somewhere between 5 and 20 seconds (or something close to that). However, I'm just curious as to how much damage this skill does. If anyone could clue me in I'd be most grateful. :)

Bloody Trap does absolute damage (I think that's what it's called anyway) to opponents, which means it will give an enemy a certain amount of damage regardless of their level or gear. The first level of Bloody Trap gives around 2500 damage. The damage of the attack increases as you raise the level of the Bloody Trap skill. Level 2 does around 3300 damage. I think it goes all the way up to around 5-6k damage when maxed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:44 am 
Common Member

Fug_Dup wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

Bloody Trap does absolute damage (I think that's what it's called anyway) to opponents, which means it will give an enemy a certain amount of damage regardless of their level or gear. The first level of Bloody Trap gives around 2500 damage. The damage of the attack increases as you raise the level of the Bloody Trap skill. Level 2 does around 3300 damage. I think it goes all the way up to around 5-6k damage when maxed.

Ahh, I see. I was on the fence about taking it later on since I haven't really seen much info on it, but now it sounds pretty spiffy. :D Thanks, and again I love your guide~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:54 am 
Frequent Member

Spellbinder wrote:
Fug_Dup wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

Ahh, I see. I was on the fence about taking it later on since I haven't really seen much info on it, but now it sounds pretty spiffy. :D Thanks, and again I love your guide~

Yeah, definitely get that skill- comes in handy many times. :D And glad you like it! =)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next