Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:47 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Location: asdd
Now Fug_Dup is back (for a while or just srf) I would like to ask him what's better or faster to solo grinding? :P Warlock/ bard (SPEED+Noise) or Warlock/Cleric (RD and Bless spell) thx :)!.

PS: I'm farming a little at Ksro so, don't worry Sps. Atm i have 52k sp

_________________
asddd :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1060
Location:
Off Topic
f3rnandox wrote:
Now Fug_Dup is back (for a while or just srf) I would like to ask him what's better or faster to solo grinding? :P Warlock/ bard (SPEED+Noise) or Warlock/Cleric (RD and Bless spell) thx :)!.

PS: I'm farming a little at Ksro so, don't worry Sps. Atm i have 52k sp


I would say Warlock/Bard

_________________
Image

ecSRO Highest Damage Contest v1.1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:46 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 353
Location:
Phoenix
f3rnandox wrote:
Now Fug_Dup is back (for a while or just srf) I would like to ask him what's better or faster to solo grinding? :P Warlock/ bard (SPEED+Noise) or Warlock/Cleric (RD and Bless spell) thx :)!.

PS: I'm farming a little at Ksro so, don't worry Sps. Atm i have 52k sp

or on that note why not rd plus speed drug, ok thats expenssive really fast but if you stall daily you can cover the drugs for a days worth of grinding, though noise really helps too

_________________
Joymax puts the F U back in fun
42 Warrior /Warlock- FuriousNinja
I can't really call it grinding, more like tanking for gold bots.
Raamroc "So many people to kill so little time"
Xao "But you're immortal"
Raamroc "So much time"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:21 am 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1978
Location:
Off Topic
I would have to say lock/cleric just because u have bless n holyspell but so what if your not fast? your int u have ranged attacks ^^.

Awesome guide btw ^^

_________________
Image
Image


Want to play Jade Dynasty and get a bunch of free stuff?
In USA-East, The Billows
My Inductor ID is 8390004X080400090002522Z0d21fe
Copy that code and paste it in the box when you make a new character.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:23 am 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1513
Location: The Billows
this is one sexy guide.

_________________
Full Force Nuker Guide

Image


Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
In USA-East The Billows, my name is AznFury. My Inductor ID is 6440043X060206013007425Z3f9d22
Copy the code when you make your first character and get lots of free stuff!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:08 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 971
Location: Bavaria
hey Fug_Dup this is the best silkroad guide i've ever seen!
Some tips to improve: Add Warlock tactics how to kill mobs the fastest and get berzerk the fastest :twisted:
and some job tips plssss i know you wrote yet that everyone can do it like he wants, but... i need help! :) :P

P.S.: what lvl are you? ( i mean with your warlock/cleric)

_________________
cpinney wrote:
*points at my penis*


Guild Wars 2


Still checking SRF for the community.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:44 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Location: asdd
The Furious Ninja wrote:
or on that note why not rd plus speed drug, ok thats expenssive really fast but if you stall daily you can cover the drugs for a days worth of grinding, though noise really helps too


***Money*** U_U. I don't have money. I can't stall all nights so i can't buy speed drugs... so lets decide between noise and speed for "cast + run + cast + run + cast" or Healing Cycle, Holy Sword, Recovery Division and Bless Spell for "cast + cast + cast + Lure more mobs = Tank tank tank!"...

I don't know if when i get at caves 50+ or 70+ (Ksro) Speed will be useful

Warlock/Cleric Grinding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzRRJTHFwGE

Warlock/bard Grinding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89DEaOf8I00

_________________
asddd :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:50 am 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 353
Location:
Phoenix
f3rnandox wrote:
The Furious Ninja wrote:
or on that note why not rd plus speed drug, ok thats expenssive really fast but if you stall daily you can cover the drugs for a days worth of grinding, though noise really helps too


***Money*** U_U. I don't have money. I can't stall all nights so i can't buy speed drugs... so lets decide between noise and speed for "cast + run + cast + run + cast" or Healing Cycle, Holy Sword, Recovery Division and Bless Spell for "cast + cast + cast + Lure more mobs = Tank tank tank!"...

I don't know if when i get at caves 50+ or 70+ (Ksro) Speed will be useful

Warlock/Cleric Grinding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzRRJTHFwGE

Warlock/bard Grinding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89DEaOf8I00

ya but many lvls before and after caves you don't always have a very clustered and nice separated spawn like you do in caves, but hey both are good fun

_________________
Joymax puts the F U back in fun
42 Warrior /Warlock- FuriousNinja
I can't really call it grinding, more like tanking for gold bots.
Raamroc "So many people to kill so little time"
Xao "But you're immortal"
Raamroc "So much time"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:34 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 72
Location: Rio de Janeiro / Brasil
Lock/Bard is good if you have a pet to pick drops ... otherwise you´ll have to walk back and get itens ... it´ll slow down a lot grinding.

_________________
Never try a conversation with a idiot. He will makes you as retarded as himself and win because the experience.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:47 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 146
Location:
Hercules
Great Guild ! SP farming a Warlock/Cleric myself based on this build, tho i calculated 780k sp at 90 cap. Can u clear this out ?

_________________
Image Thanks to slipknot03 !!!

Jessmeist3r -> Warlock/Cleric [SP-farming][xPostMorteMx] - 100k/650k
Wizz_Girl15 -> Wiz/Cleric Lv 65,1gap - [xPostMorteMx]- Full time TAXI-giver. Inactive
I_Nuk3_U -> Hybrid Nuker Lv 3x, 2gap -[xPostMorteMx]- Inactive

-Taking a Break,Playing Requiem:Bloodymare-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v. 4.0 [Updated] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:39 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1250
Location: ~
_IceCold_ wrote:
Great Guild ! SP farming a Warlock/Cleric myself based on this build, tho i calculated 780k sp at 90 cap. Can u clear this out ?

Yep, you're probably right! =)

This guide was made for 80 cap and has not been updated since, hehe. Maybe I need to change the title. :/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:00 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 9
Location: in my room
now thats one colorfull guide :shock:

that must have taken ...months? :P

whew...respect..best warlock guide^^

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:23 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1464
Location:
Aege
the guide looked nice but filled with great info. why does just the congrats for the pictures and not the content of the guide? kinda urks me lol

_________________
My pride and joy CrazySuby is no longer mine. She is and always will belong to Dutchy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:02 am 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 112
Location: In a box
Question about the skill build, do you take all the warlock skills? Because i used the calculator and came up way more thne 400k.

_________________
Image



I stalk my own threads.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1250
Location: ~
Sylus wrote:
Question about the skill build, do you take all the warlock skills? Because i used the calculator and came up way more thne 400k.

Three posts above yours I mention that the guide is outdated, and the title says it aswell. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:33 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1464
Location:
Aege
100 cap is monday the 17th, any build will need around 1 mill sp, get over it and farm. geeze lol

_________________
My pride and joy CrazySuby is no longer mine. She is and always will belong to Dutchy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:05 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 152
Location:
Apollo
PvP part: "99% chances they use this, in this case..." "90% chances they use that, in that case...". I guess the point there is, if they are actually smart ,and don't do what you expect them to do, you're dead.

Rogue shotting you from afar, and not being cocky like you expect, and you're dead. PvP isn't about underestimating everyone. I'd rather overestimate people, think about the smartest strategies they can use on me, and then be sure about how to kill them. For instance find yourself a way to kill a rogue who will most likely snipe you, at least it will work not only against weak players, but also against smart ones. Same for all the estimations you've done on other classes. Besides, you grouped all chinese into a category, when a pure Int chinese is much different from a pure Str.

Anyways, you've put a lot of work into this guide and I find it pretty good overall, the only thing I don't agree with is how you underestimate everyone at PvP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:00 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1250
Location: ~
Shin'kensei wrote:
PvP part: "99% chances they use this, in this case..." "90% chances they use that, in that case...". I guess the point there is, if they are actually smart ,and don't do what you expect them to do, you're dead.

Rogue shotting you from afar, and not being cocky like you expect, and you're dead. PvP isn't about underestimating everyone. I'd rather overestimate people, think about the smartest strategies they can use on me, and then be sure about how to kill them. For instance find yourself a way to kill a rogue who will most likely snipe you, at least it will work not only against weak players, but also against smart ones. Same for all the estimations you've done on other classes. Besides, you grouped all chinese into a category, when a pure Int chinese is much different from a pure Str.

Anyways, you've put a lot of work into this guide and I find it pretty good overall, the only thing I don't agree with is how you underestimate everyone at PvP.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62280&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30
The whole PvP section was copied and pasted from Da_Realest's posts, which is why I gave him credit for the content.

While I understand your concern that one shouldn't underestimate other people, I haven't felt the need to change the section because, well, I've played the build and most points on that list are valid. Not to start a back-n-forth PvP strategy conversation, but my last character was a Bard/Warlock and Rogues were no difficult task. If they sniped me from afar without Xbow buff, the damage wouldn't be high enough (granted, I had very good gear) and if they used the buff, they'd be extremely vulnerable to my attacks. And I haven't even mentioned Reflect (!), but I digress...

I've yet to hear people come back and complain that the strategy listed in the guide was ineffective and they need me to add more strategies for PvPing a certain build. People will figure out strategies on their own and create their own play style throughout the game. I didn't include that section to list possible ways a Rogue or a Wizard can kill a Warlock, but rather to list some guidelines which can give Warlocks a better understanding of what to expect when PvPing certain builds or classes, not absolute strategies that will guarantee a victorious outcome. If I started strategizing from another build's viewpoint, I'd never finish because there are so many strategies out there. I much prefer writing these things over writing something like, "A Rogue will crit you anyway so don't even bother attacking" (you get the point). Giving the reader confidence before they are faced with the situation will encourage that they think of other possible techniques to help them survive against builds of higher damage.

As a closing note, I'd like to point out that this guide was made almost 2 years ago. Play styles and techniques were much more simpler back then when Euros were the new kids in town. Glad you liked the guide, and although I do understand where you're coming from, I reiterate that the section is intended for ways a Warlock can attack other builds and build confidence in possible future Warlocks. =)

Glavie's Girl wrote:
100 cap is monday the 17th, any build will need around 1 mill sp, get over it and farm. geeze lol

I still cringe every time I think about it. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:55 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 152
Location:
Apollo
Fug_Dup wrote:
I much prefer writing these things over writing something like, "A Rogue will crit you anyway so don't even bother attacking" (you get the point). Giving the reader confidence before they are faced with the situation will encourage that they think of other possible techniques to help them survive against builds of higher damage.

Indeed, I get your point :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:54 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1464
Location:
Aege
I want to do an updated guide, but it wont have the pretty background pictures lol

_________________
My pride and joy CrazySuby is no longer mine. She is and always will belong to Dutchy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:24 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1250
Location: ~
Glavie's Girl wrote:
I want to do an updated guide, but it wont have the pretty background pictures lol

You should make one! =D I'm currently working on the Bard/Warlock one on and off so it's taking a while but I only have a few more sections to go so I might post it soon, but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish an updated Warlock/Cleric one any time soon. I think I will post the PSD file this time, but it's going to be around 100mb by the time I finish. x_x

Edit: Whoops, I just checked the file and it's already 104mb. XD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:21 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 824
Location: Netherlands
You already know when you're posting it?
I would like to see it before March 17th, because a friend of mine, and me are going to be a Warlock/Cleric - Warlock/Bard duo :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:03 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 24
Location:
Venus
Hi ,

Gratz with nice nice nice guide :D
I'm waiting for your Warlock/Bard guide , because i have now a lvl 20 Warlock/Bard :D!

Keep up the great work.

Greetz,
Amathyst

_________________
Mostly online on : Venus : IVIagic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:06 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 83
Location:
Venus
Im really inspired with the work you've done to make one of those :D!
besides .. venus really need some goodi warlocks . but it's a hell of a job :s , you have to farm way more then 500k sp for all the skills required :x .
and i hate farming XD! are you sure i can get all the skills i need maxed for only less then 500kish ? cause 0 gap till 100 is like 360k ..
a little farm on like 60's and i get enough sp right?
but i heard for the minimum skills for cleric & warlock is like 1m~1.5m sp . which is fcn crazy xD!
Help !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:41 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 198
Location: Vsro Thread ^^
Yerukane wrote:
Im really inspired with the work you've done to make one of those :D!
besides .. venus really need some goodi warlocks . but it's a hell of a job :s , you have to farm way more then 500k sp for all the skills required :x .
and i hate farming XD! are you sure i can get all the skills i need maxed for only less then 500kish ? cause 0 gap till 100 is like 360k ..
a little farm on like 60's and i get enough sp right?
but i heard for the minimum skills for cleric & warlock is like 1m~1.5m sp . which is fcn crazy xD!
Help !


For cap 100, if you go 0-gap, 1m is the "least" amount needed to be somewhat FF. Imho you could cut back on:

+ Some skills in the cleric side ( such as over/glut healing ), and some healing skills dont need to be maxed ( such as recovery / group recovery )
+ AOE debuffs (AOE weaken, AOE impotent, but dont drop AOE division ) + AOE dots ( i personally go for 3 single-target DOTs and 2 AOE DOTs ).
+ AOE trap
+ Disguise skills and shadow/dusk amour

--> But its best to cut back a bit only, cause lock/cleric need lots of speicalised skills to work on specialised situations.

_________________

Vsro
IGN: Saviour
Server: Bach Duong
Guild: United_EU

Vsro index of Guides and Downloads: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=106663
Our English-Speaking Union Recruting: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=107007



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:17 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 748
Location:
Aege
This update takes too much long time :banghead:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:49 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1250
Location: ~
I no longer play on my Euro characters but the build essentially remains the same. A few strategies have changed since the firewall/icewall update but other than that, the rest mostly remains the same. I'll see if I can make a super mini guide in the near future just to use as a reference for 100 cap. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:39 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 84
Location:
Gaia
Hey Fug_Dup, I was wondering if you had posted the warlock/bard (or bard/lock) guide yet?

_________________
Burn your wings.

5x Warlock/Cleric
Tribolt
Server Gaia
(Quite) Active!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:25 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1214
Location:
Off Topic
very nice guide, but if you are done with bard/lock guide pls leave link, thnx.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]Warlock/Cleric Guide v4.0 [Outdated~] [56k Warning]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:34 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 114
Location:
Troy
I just wana say Thank you!

_________________
                    Image
        There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”

                      |Caistrus|3x|Warlock/Cerlic| Achaians*Alchemist|
                              |93,565sp|Goal 128,836sp|


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Steeler [Crawler] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group