Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is this guide good?
Yes 86%  86%  [ 144 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 168
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:16 am 
Common Member

God, this question makes me feel noobish, but in the chart you posted up. Does each box represent the amount of SP gained that lvl at that gap, or is it combined with the previous lvl in the gap.

My friend says its the amount of sp you gain that lvl it says in the box. But I'm just making sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:50 pm 

BandytaPL wrote:
God, this question makes me feel noobish, but in the chart you posted up. Does each box represent the amount of SP gained that lvl at that gap, or is it combined with the previous lvl in the gap.

My friend says its the amount of sp you gain that lvl it says in the box. But I'm just making sure.

It's the SP you need for that lvl with maxed skills (except lighting and cold) at those lvls.

In other words it's the SP you need to farm at lvl 16 or 32.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:31 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Good Guide! I dont want to step on any toes so first let me commend you on a good guide. Just a few minor comments, maybe even debatable.....

A lot of stuff i agree with and a few things I dont.

Firstly in skills....Heuksal Spear Series is very important in later levels...Windless adds dull...dull = slower attacks...very useful in pvp against Bicheon and Pancheon users.
I laugh at any glaive who uses chain spear series in pvp against me..its not fast enough and the dmg isnt high enough...you would be better advised to stick with your stuns and hope for that awesome crit then a quick spin. *windless with dull also lets these guys move in slomo* xD

Secondly....dont cheat the fire line....carry that shield for the quick buff (it only takes a second)....now you may need a bit more experience with this one...but try going on a server trade without immunity...its all good when you're in a cape and you can just run inside town and buy pills...but you will need to stock up on SO MANY to avoid status effects. *try fighting a blader with light or ice, you will die right after division and bleed kick in*

Fire cumbustion is still iffy....the radius isnt wide enough unless a dagger rogue is coming after you and you have to stand in that one spot to make use of it....i.e. if you move it doesnt follow you..plus any good xbow or wizard will have you dead by the time you target them.

Its a good guide i have to admit, most of the info is accurate, but if you cheat the skills you will get owned. What i have seen a lot of....is ppl making guides based on what happens to you when you are in a cape just in reach of the safe zone and builds before 7D. Its far diff when you dont know what build is going to attack you and when.....especially when you dont have time to target them and say 3 , 2 , 1.....go!!!

PS...carry that shield with you...:).....good BR may save your life in pvp.
When i get KD i just pop on my 72+ shield till i am able to stand again xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:30 am 
Common Member

Quote:
PS...carry that shield with you........good BR may save your life in pvp.
When i get KD i just pop on my 72+ shield till i am able to stand again xD

wondering about that, i also took that skill from the advice of a high lvl
Glavie friend. and i am wondering. does the shield lvl & stats make any difference or will the D1 NPC shield i bought do the same job? .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:38 am 
Common Member

Quote:
Fanning Spear Series:
Gives you massive magical defense for 15 seconds. This skill makes you invincible against nukers or wizards. If a monster like earth taoist hits you 300, when you activate this skill he will be hitting 20. Very important skill in my opinion.

to completely give no room for error for say a begginer
you only need the first book & third book fo skills called
Bloody Fan series & Bloody snake storm series.
the other two are for block ratio which I've been told is of no use in
higher lvls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:48 pm 

I have to agree with those last arguments dude, I would edit this guide and spend some time editing it but I won't. Not because I don't respect what you say, because my work isn't respected. I've spent hours making the guide for what? For it to be forgotten in a week? No, I won't WASTE any more time.

This is another reason to agree with that other guy, people don't respect others here, you moderators and other older members stick togheter and everyone else who is new to the forums is a total noob for you. The proof? Like I mean, just look up the guides page, one guy who is known around here makes a guide and gets IMMEDIATELY added to stickies and gets celebrated and stuff, like if he was all Uber L337, and like I spend 10 times more time working on a guide that is considered to be good from other people and still, my work isn't respected.

Seriously, I suggest you DON'T make a guide if you are new here, even if you know what you are talking about.

Last edited by Feataler on Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:22 am 
Common Member

Feataler wrote:
I have to agree with those last arguments dude, I would edit this guide and spend some time editing it but I won't. Not because I don't respect what you say, because my work isn't respected. I've spent hours making the guide for what? For it to be forgotten in a week? No, I won't WASTE any more time.

This is another reason to agree with that other guy, people don't respect others here, you moderators and other older members stick togheter and everyone else who is new to the forums is a total noob for you. The proof? Like I mean, just look up the guides page, one guy who is known around here makes a guide about sub-classes and gets IMMEDIATELY added to stickies and gets celebrated and stuff, like if he was all Uber L337, and like I spend 10 times more time working on a guide that is considered to be good from other people and still, my work isn't respected.

Seriously, I suggest you DON'T make a guide if you are new here, even if you know what you are talking about.

most people in here are ass kissers :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:38 am 
Common Member

you make the guide not to get recognition, not to become a
e-God, you make it to help other players
I'm a noob here there's no way in H.ell that anyone respects what i say
Except you. maybe we're just as silly we stick togeher because we fall
out of place as noobs.

but seriously i love this guide it's helped me focus my lvl 35 STR Glavie
alot better. and that you gave the breakdown lvl by lvl is also amazing
i'd love to see it wih light and cold :P but that is because i am
doing crazy stuff like that.

So if you wrote it for e-fame or to be remembered or any stupid reason
like thatm than you've wasted even more of your tiem than you think.
be proud of your work no matter what anyone else says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:26 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

@Hime_Sama

You are correct you only truly need the first and thrid books (for now) i dont know what the future updates will bring but i prefer a steady magic absorbtion to an iffy block....especially since it only lasts for seconds...

If all you want is the buff then a level 1 shield is good enough....as for me i job and free pvp with my shield....when KD's become annoying i pop on the shield and it saves me those nasty crits, when a bower sneaks up and tries to crit me my shield BR and added def helps, especially against pesky rogues and wizards who like to sneak out of safe zone in stealth...

@Featelar
I dont know if you will even come back to this forum to read this...you need to be a little bit more open to criticism...people on this forum are many and varied and have varying opinions on any ONE topic....i have refused to comment on certain ELITE players guides because when you do they just flame away...then they in turn come to your post and call you noob for making an attempt. Dont run away...perfect your guide....the "pirates guide" is the best one i've seen so far and yours is more updated....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:22 pm 
Common Member

@ Czar:

hmm, so even without the bicheon skills the shield can still be a help?
that is what you're saying?
than maybe i do have the gold for it not a godly one, but an ok one
I adore pvp and though i still am lowlvl i want to Job alot
so thanks for the advice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:40 pm 

Hime_Sama wrote:
you make the guide not to get recognition, not to become a
e-God, you make it to help other players
I'm a noob here there's no way in H.ell that anyone respects what i say
Except you. maybe we're just as silly we stick togeher because we fall
out of place as noobs.

but seriously i love this guide it's helped me focus my lvl 35 STR Glavie
alot better. and that you gave the breakdown lvl by lvl is also amazing
i'd love to see it wih light and cold :P but that is because i am
doing crazy stuff like that.

So if you wrote it for e-fame or to be remembered or any stupid reason
like thatm than you've wasted even more of your tiem than you think.
be proud of your work no matter what anyone else says.

Dude I didn't make this guide for fame at all, otherwise it would be like Fug Dup's guide, like full of pictures and stuff, I know I can't make the best guide around here I'm not that stupid.

I've said why I made this guide in the guide's introduction... the other glavie guides are getting old so this is just an update, but WAY more detailed.

But like, one day you will understand how annoying it is to see your work getting ignored. You'll see it's just not funny at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:11 pm 
Common Member

Quote:
I know I can't make the best guide around here

It's the best guide I've read on Pure STR glavies.
and who's laughing at you?
I am certainly not & I don't think Czar was
and if you think either of us did
I will opologise, it wasn't my intention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:20 am 

Hime_Sama wrote:
Quote:
I know I can't make the best guide around here

It's the best guide I've read on Pure STR glavies.
and who's laughing at you?
I am certainly not & I don't think Czar was
and if you think either of us did
I will opologise, it wasn't my intention.

Hey, tell you what, you're right.

You know what I'm gonna do now? I'm gonna respect all of you who respected my work. I'm gonna update this guide just for those who respect me. And all you haters out there can't stop me. What makes me most proud of this guide is the fact it WAS useful for some people.

I was just annoyed by the fact some people considered my guide as being stupid, but seriously, people pmed me asking for questions and some of you guys are following this guide to make your build, so seriously, i musn't let you down.

Oh and forget my old arguments, I change my mind, that was just silly stuff really...

Again, thank you all for your support. This guide will be updated till it gets perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:56 pm 
Common Member

Good job, I forgot to say it before because I was asking a question. I'm following this guide on my new char.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:30 pm 
added to big sticky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:48 am 
Common Member

cin wrote:
added to big sticky.

@Feataler: you even got your sticky :P

@Cin: thanks ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:52 am 
Common Member

Quote:
Good blues for glavies:
-Block ratio + (this doesn't make you block attacks... it decreases your enemy's chances of blocking your attack if he has a shield)
-Critical +
-Str and Int +
-Attack rating +

LOL I'm a noob... i was like A glavie witha BR of 60 (+100%)
I'll be like a Blader :oops:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:39 pm 

Hime_Sama wrote:
Quote:
Good blues for glavies:
-Block ratio + (this doesn't make you block attacks... it decreases your enemy's chances of blocking your attack if he has a shield)
-Critical +
-Str and Int +
-Attack rating +

LOL I'm a noob... i was like A glavie witha BR of 60 (+100%)
I'll be like a Blader :oops:

I don't wanna do back sit moderating, but I don't think double posting is allowed :/

Anyway yeah, I thought the same at the beginning lol. i was like planning on buying a glavie with block ratio n stuff. But I think that block ratio blue is quite important for a glavie.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] The COMPLETE STR GLAVIE Guide, UPDATED AGAIN!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:09 pm 

After reading that guide i cant understand why you depend of stun, you arent warlock with 80% chance of stunning enemy or warrior 1h with 80% knock-back chance...

Quote:
Warlocks:
Harder to kill but still pure int with garments. They don't hit as high as wizards and they won't 1 hit kill you, but they can steal your health. Like as for wizards, be aware, don't under estimate them. But generaly you'll kill them.

There are several kinds of warlock build, starting from pure ints + cleric that will sleep you and finish with offering, and ending on hybrids 1:3 that can even pot war with you :S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:24 pm 

Dark_Ness wrote:
After reading that guide i cant understand why you depend of stun, you arent warlock with 80% chance of stunning enemy or warrior 1h with 80% knock-back chance...

Quote:
Warlocks:
Harder to kill but still pure int with garments. They don't hit as high as wizards and they won't 1 hit kill you, but they can steal your health. Like as for wizards, be aware, don't under estimate them. But generaly you'll kill them.

There are several kinds of warlock build, starting from pure ints + cleric that will sleep you and finish with offering, and ending on hybrids 1:3 that can even pot war with you :S

As far as I know sleep is like stun or knock down, it stops you from moving for a while. No big deal there... and btw, they don't have the 1 hit (unless they got sacrifice) thing like wizards. You gotta assume warlocks aren't as dangerous as nukes or wizards, and besides I did say "do not underestimate them".

I could ask you a similar question: why do you depend so much on the sleep skill?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:37 pm 

Quote:
As far as I know sleep is like stun or knock down, it stops you from moving for a while. No big deal there... and btw, they don't have the 1 hit (unless they got sacrifice) thing like wizards. You gotta assume warlocks aren't as dangerous as nukes or wizards, and besides I did say "do not underestimae them".

Sleep cancels your ability to move or attack for 20 sec, it is enough time to use one of sacrifice spells, which will kill you in 100% if warlock put weaken and division on you. I dont know how many warlocks you met, but im playing warlock and glavie is one of easiest build to kill.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:16 pm 

Dark_Ness wrote:
Quote:
As far as I know sleep is like stun or knock down, it stops you from moving for a while. No big deal there... and btw, they don't have the 1 hit (unless they got sacrifice) thing like wizards. You gotta assume warlocks aren't as dangerous as nukes or wizards, and besides I did say "do not underestimae them".

Sleep cancels your ability to move or attack for 20 sec, it is enough time to use one of sacrifice spells, which will kill you in 100% if warlock put weaken and division on you. I dont know how many warlocks you met, but im playing warlock and glavie is one of easiest build to kill.

Big deal... I hope you know what fanning spear and pill portions are... and like glavie isn't "easy to kill"

Anyway, I've already played against warlocks, they aren't as dangerous as you think. Clearly you only checked this guide to flame, you consider str glaviers as "weak" so I wonder why you even checked it out.

Like I said in the guide, I'm open to critiscism, not flaming. If you want to criticise post good arguments with examples and proof, not replies such as "i think your build sucks cause like i'd use sleep on u then i would uber pwn u".... If you want to express how much you think warlocks own then make your own guide on it...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:23 pm 

Quote:
Big deal... I hope you know what fanning spear and pill portions are... and like glavie isn't "easy to kill"

Anyway, I've already played against warlocks, they aren't as dangerous as you think. Clearly you only checked this guide to flame, you consider str glaviers as "weak" so I wonder why you even checked it out.

Like I said in the guide, I'm open to critiscism, not flaming. If you want to criticise post good arguments with examples and proof, not replies such as "i think your build sucks cause like i'd use sleep on u then i would uber pwn u".... If you want to express how much you think warlocks own then make your own guide on it...

Then i guess you attack them without giving chance to fight back... or warlocks you met use only nukes O_O.

Glavie isnt good as you think, you tell pvp like chance of stunning enemy was 100% like:
Quote:
you can easily stop skills such as strong bow attack if you manage to stun them before they attack you.

or

Quote:
It works this way: Sould Departs stuns your enemy. Ghost Spear Prince knocks him back,

Question: what i have to do if enemy wont be stunned?

You tell that everybody who is pure int or hybrid int goes on hit. Im sorry, but it isnt lvl 70 gap, now only wizards go on 1 hit. Nukers have snow shield which keeps them safe more time than fanning spear, warlocks have their debuffs(yes, warlocks arent only hp drainers!) which just reduce your chance of winning on pvp to 5 times less than normally.(I like impotent best :S)

Quote:
I hope you know what fanning spear and pill portions are

Now i can see that you rarely fight any warlock. Do you think that anyone would play warlock if warlock's debuffs could be taken off by pill? And you just run to safe zone to wait until you will be able to cast fanning spear again?

BTW This guide is nice, skills are well chosen, it is easy to find what do you want. Its still good work!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:15 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice :D

"2nd Place is first loser"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:48 am 

Dark_Ness wrote:
Quote:

Then i guess you attack them without giving chance to fight back... or warlocks you met use only nukes O_O.

Glavie isnt good as you think, you tell pvp like chance of stunning enemy was 100% like:
Quote:
you can easily stop skills such as strong bow attack if you manage to stun them before they attack you.

or

Quote:
It works this way: Sould Departs stuns your enemy. Ghost Spear Prince knocks him back,

Question: what i have to do if enemy wont be stunned?

You tell that everybody who is pure int or hybrid int goes on hit. Im sorry, but it isnt lvl 70 gap, now only wizards go on 1 hit. Nukers have snow shield which keeps them safe more time than fanning spear, warlocks have their debuffs(yes, warlocks arent only hp drainers!) which just reduce your chance of winning on pvp to 5 times less than normally.(I like impotent best :S)

Quote:
I hope you know what fanning spear and pill portions are

Now i can see that you rarely fight any warlock. Do you think that anyone would play warlock if warlock's debuffs could be taken off by pill? And you just run to safe zone to wait until you will be able to cast fanning spear again?

BTW This guide is nice, skills are well chosen, it is easy to find what do you want. Its still good work!

Updated, I hope it's more correct now.

Thanks for the information :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:22 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

First - thanks for the guide - made me want to go back to my glavier.

I am definately a newb, so take my comments as a fresh view on the game. And don't flame me for not playing "like I am supposed to". I play for fun - not to reach lvl 80 in a hurry and own at pvp.

First off I wonder what the benefits are of using lots of potions (meaning spending lots of money), in return for killing stronger monsters compared to fighting monsters a level or two lower and only using potions im emergencies.

It must mean slower leveling, but more cash? At lvl 18 I'm fighting lvl 15s (Polyphemos in euro). I can take them solo with my wizard and even take on a party-variant once in a while. It doesn't cost me any potions, so I don't have to run back to town all the time.

Most "serious" players seem to use lots of potions all the time, but is it the only way to go?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:13 pm 

Magraev wrote:

I am definately a newb, so take my comments as a fresh view on the game. And don't flame me for not playing "like I am supposed to". I play for fun - not to reach lvl 80 in a hurry and own at pvp.

First off I wonder what the benefits are of using lots of potions (meaning spending lots of money), in return for killing stronger monsters compared to fighting monsters a level or two lower and only using potions im emergencies.

It must mean slower leveling, but more cash? At lvl 18 I'm fighting lvl 15s (Polyphemos in euro). I can take them solo with my wizard and even take on a party-variant once in a while. It doesn't cost me any potions, so I don't have to run back to town all the time.

Most "serious" players seem to use lots of potions all the time, but is it the only way to go?

Euros have potion delay, but you see auto poting makes you lvl WAAAAAYYYY faster if you are a chinese.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:23 am 
Common Member

Magraev wrote:

In my opinoon they're are two ways to play on a lvl bassis
1.always fight 2-5 lvls above you using a hp pot & 2 mp pot per monster.
it lvls you fast but unless you have lots of money to pay for the pots than it is worthless
to you.

2. fight 4-6 lvls lower (green mobs) much higher rate of drops, you get amazing drops
if lucky maybe even SOx ( but i do remind VERY rare) and maybe get .03% per mob and only
maybe spend a mp pot every 4 monsters.

In my own opinion i prefere the Green Mob way, not only is it less expensive but the less exp
is made up by the amount of pots you need to use per mob.

ex. you're lvl 37 fighting lvl 40 you use atelast 2 hp pots since you're Int and maybe 1 mp pot
you gain .07% (if you have any type of gap)

or you fight 4 lvl 31-33 mobs use the same amount of pots.. but you get lets say .3 per kill
so you get .12% which may be a slower way but you still get alot more.

and as i stated in my opinion I've had two chars that i tried in the last three months
both around lvl 31-33 get a SOS item.

i guess my long speech is to simply say it is your choice, but in my own opinion green mobs are your best friend. you just need more patience.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:44 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

This fits in well with my own views - thank you!

I mostly do quests, and then you have to kill the level the quest says, but maybe I should grind on some even lower lvls for the drops.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:44 am 

Hime_Sama wrote:
Magraev wrote:

In my opinoon they're are two ways to play on a lvl bassis
1.always fight 2-5 lvls above you using a hp pot & 2 mp pot per monster.
it lvls you fast but unless you have lots of money to pay for the pots than it is worthless
to you.

2. fight 4-6 lvls lower (green mobs) much higher rate of drops, you get amazing drops
if lucky maybe even SOx ( but i do remind VERY rare) and maybe get .03% per mob and only
maybe spend a mp pot every 4 monsters.

In my own opinion i prefere the Green Mob way, not only is it less expensive but the less exp
is made up by the amount of pots you need to use per mob.

ex. you're lvl 37 fighting lvl 40 you use atelast 2 hp pots since you're Int and maybe 1 mp pot
you gain .07% (if you have any type of gap)

or you fight 4 lvl 31-33 mobs use the same amount of pots.. but you get lets say .3 per kill
so you get .12% which may be a slower way but you still get alot more.

and as i stated in my opinion I've had two chars that i tried in the last three months
both around lvl 31-33 get a SOS item.

i guess my long speech is to simply say it is your choice, but in my own opinion green mobs are your best friend. you just need more patience.

It also depends on your gap.

At lvl 30 I was at 5 gap I was getting 0.035 exp per lvl 30 mob... if I went to green mobs I'd get less than 0.02 exp.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next